WvW reward track and gift of battle

Zoid.2568

24 minutes ago, Zoid.2568 said:

About 100 million play Dota 2 daily. WvW in GW2 is not even close to that number.

For the pure fun factor, GW2 combat still stands out. Dota is also not an mmorpg, not sure why you used that as a counter example in the first place. In games like that you're cramming matches, and you become beholden to your team/clan/whatever or your schedule until burnout. That's its own kind of addiction. Everyone playing GW2 WvW are playing almost solely because the combat still holds up and is still largely incomparable, and that's with almost no purpose, low rewards, and toxic or afk pve players filling up the queue when people are trying to get their guild on a map. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

I hate WvW, its the worst game mode. I'd rather play Dota 2, much better PvP.  About 99.9% of GW2 players play PvE, so why should all of us PvEers be forced to play a gamemode most of us hate when legendaries is mostly a PvE thing. If 10% of GW2 players actually enjoyed WvW i could see it being a thing, but that's not the case. Add GoB as a reward in PvE and SPvP and everyone is happy. Forcing us to having to WvW is not a good idea, force is never a good thing. 

When i WvW i join  a group or a squad, we fight, I die and then WP, run back to fight, die and WP and repeat. Boring as hell.

I feel like you would die less if you were better at math, but you do you.

• Haha 3

On 8/17/2024 at 9:11 PM, Zoid.2568 said:

Why is it so slow to level up the reward track in WvW and SPvP is so much faster? also you can't get the gift of battle in sPvP, only WvW which is less rewarding and not as fun. Can we improve on this and make WvW reward track faster and maybe add gift of battle to PvE and SPvP.

Mine progress very fast because I play lots of WvW, and my spvp and pve isn't progressing at all, so why not make my pve and spvp auto run everything and get rewards i didn't earn!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Mine progress very fast because I play lots of WvW, and my spvp and pve isn't progressing at all, so why not make my pve and spvp auto run everything and get rewards i didn't earn!

Must i remind you the existence of Testimony of Heroics? Oh wait, just did.

Wanna talk about not earning something? How about someone buying HP from an NPC instead of fighting the (sometimes pretty hard) encounters in PVE, especially the HoT ones.

• Confused 2

I love the wvw forums. You can take a year off, five years off, a decade off… and it still the same complaints and threads. Poor little new guys sharing their shiny sudden epiphanies, deep insights, long considered opinions (long = 25 mins in wvw last Saturday for the first time ever) and are utterly gobsmacked to fine their holy revelations have been echoing since 2012 to zero affect. 

Sorry void? The devs don’t read this mess really. Trying to stir up a grassroots groundswell of popular opinion to change your what you personally perceive as injustice… is naively cute.  Much like all the poles et al. Keep shaking those fists and screaming at an uncaring sky though. 

Hope DOTA works out better for you. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

Must i remind you the existence of Testimony of Heroics? Oh wait, just did.

Wanna talk about not earning something? How about someone buying HP from an NPC instead of fighting the (sometimes pretty hard) encounters in PVE, especially the HoT ones.

Well, that was actually a design flaw they addressed. They had to nerf some of the hero points and there were also not enough for flexibility purposes. But these days it's kind of a non-issue.

On the other hand, skill points are not as optional as legendaries are because they can contribute directly to character power, so the progession cannot be compared directly when it comes to earning something. Essentially, requring skill points to be pve only is also equivalent to requiring playing it to play WvW. Essentially, there is a stronger argument for easier access than skill points than easier access to legendaries.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

About 99.9% of GW2 players play PvE, so why should all of us PvEers be forced to play a gamemode most of us hate when legendaries is mostly a PvE thing. If 10% of GW2 players actually enjoyed WvW i could see it being a thing, but that's not the case.

Can you please provide the stats above? I do not remember anet posting the numbers.  Also can you please show your math as I do not know how you got to 99.9%. Thank you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

Forcing us to having to WvW is not a good idea, force is never a good thing

You vill play ze wvw

and you vill be happy!

(resistance is futile)

7 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

When i WvW i join  a group or a squad, we fight, I die and then WP, run back to fight, die and WP and repeat. Boring as hell.

Git gud, l2p etc. etc.

(on a serious note, if you want a little bit of helpful advice, ask for it but watching this thread i think you just wanna get some steam off)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

Can you please provide the stats above? I do not remember anet posting the numbers.  Also can you please show your math as I do not know how you got to 99.9%. Thank you

You're right he is wrong and we dont need stats. We know for a fact that by Anets own words, WvWers are really into PvE. 

If WvWers == PvErs, that means 100% of PvE is WvW. 

You only need to go into WvW and watch a boonball to confirm this claim 👍

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You only need to go into WvW and watch a boonball to confirm this claim 👍

I do like my karmatrain turning the whole map in the morning without seeing 1 single enemy while drinking my coffee.

which is basically easy-pve.

12 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

About 100 million play Dota 2 daily. WvW in GW2 is not even close to that number.

What does Dota 2 have to do with this? I admit someone did you wrong, since I assume you started this post in general. But it being moved to WvW. There are a lot of long term WvW players in game and on the forums. So I would look for more of a middle ground, versus your game mode sucks. And that's where the dis-service of the post move comes in.

9 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

What does Dota 2 have to do with this? I admit someone did you wrong, since I assume you started this post in general. But it being moved to WvW. There are a lot of long term WvW players in game and on the forums. So I would look for more of a middle ground, versus your game mode sucks. And that's where the dis-service of the post move comes in.

The implication is that if Gw2 were a "real" pvp experience, then they would actually put forth effort and school people ignorant of the ways of "real" pvp and thus the people that beat them aren't real or it doesn't count or some other ego saving tool.

In practice, it's the equivalent of losing to a 6 year in checkers, and then flipping the board over, screaming that if were a real strategy game like chess they'd totally beat them. And end up losing anyways because they're all talk.

Also people who usually bring up these arguments generally never play the games they tout, or you know, they'd be over there playing their superior game and not here crying over losing in a game that doesn't matter.

Of course, the stats thing is just an appeal to popularity. A lot of people that consume media project their own success into works they enjoy and thus the more "successful" a work is, the more successful they are. Of course, such dull and boring attitudes are rarely worth discussing because they are a penny a dozen. And naturally such dull and inflexible minds tend to be ones that get spawn camped in their game of their choosing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could be a meme all on its own, when a General post gets moved to WvW and then using the rational that there are no players in the game mode as players are complaining about map queues during the week, people playing 24x7 and zergs fighting overnight. oh boi

🙊🙈🙉🧀🍿👌☠️

12 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Could be a meme all on its own, when a General post gets moved to WvW and then using the rational that there are no players in the game mode as players are complaining about map queues during the week, people playing 24x7 and zergs fighting overnight. oh boi

🙊🙈🙉🧀🍿👌☠️

Yea, Anet's definitely been keeping a game mode nobody plays out of the goodness of their own hearts. I mean I can accept a lot of wacko conspiracy theories, but that's not one of them.

Plus we know how Anet treats actual dead content, such as dungeon. That's why you can earn dungeon currency through WvW, because they don't care about people playing dungeons. It's like you can treat them like they never existed.  And a lot of the stuff you can buy with wvw  tokens like runes and stuff are also frequently from dead pve content nobody plays. With the notable exception of HoT stuff which a lot of people still enjoy.

Compare it to fractals, probably the most popular kind of instanced content. You can't really earn fractal stuff outside of frcatals, because they want you playing them. And as for WvW stuff, well.... same logic applies.

Also they're giving out the Warclaw to pvers in the next expansion, which removes a barrier to entry to WvW too. So again, it's like they want people to play the game mode or something.

• Like 1