Fool me thrice...

1 minute ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

Im "crying" because this isnt the game it used to be.
Im not happy everywhere I go I cant do this jump, or open this because I didnt do that skill in a previous expansion.
Or NPCs who wont stop talking.
Or back when a zone had 12 hearts. In Janthir one heart for the whole zone which takes forever.

Some of my issues are more than just the story.

I'm sorry but if you're annoyed because the gameplay isn't focused around hearts anymore then I'm not sure what to tell you. Hearts aren't the least bit interesting, in my opinion. But yeah, if that's what you're hoping for out of GW2, it simply might not be the game for you anymore. Sorry to say. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

Im not happy everywhere I go I cant do this jump, or open this because I didnt do that skill in a previous expansion.
Or NPCs who wont stop talking.
Or back when a zone had 12 hearts. In Janthir one heart for the whole zone which takes forever.

Some of my issues are more than just the story.

Oh and I didnt mean the game died that way. There are still plenty of players.

Oh only 1 heart you say please update me on the second map aswell that is great news.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

How dare Anet not have Janthir Wilds running split screen with some doom scrolling and sounds with lights galore to cater to the 3 second attention spawn of modern audiences.

How dare people give Anet feed back. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

13 minutes ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

But it wasnt like that at creation. 
Sure you had your little personal questline but that was mostly it.

What are you talking about? The personal story was/is a huge part of leveling. And Lost Shores was released in November of 2012, just three months after launch. Living World came out the following January. Story has always been a major part of this game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

lol you call this crying feedback? Come on. 
you are seriously complaining about a twenty minute story mission? 

if i find it boring yeah why not. If you didn't good for you. I'm not shaming you for liking it, so why try to troll me because i think it could of been shorter?  As it goes the maps are stunning and i'm looking forward to getting my house.Can't love everything my dude.

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Confused 6

24 minutes ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

But it wasnt like that at creation. 
Sure you had your little personal questline but that was mostly it.

I swear I dont know why MMOs need a story. It makes no sense that YOU are champion....along with a million other players...

An MMO should be about lore and exploration. Let me discovery whats going on and the history by exploring. Show, dont tell.
And to top it off these NPSc dont know when to shut up.

I will say it again, GW2 died the day they release the "Living Story".

GW2 was absolutely pushing story from creation and the game itself was specifically built because they couldn't do what they wanted with the story and world building in GW1. The core story was admittedly rushed out so they could focus on the Living World just after release which was one of the primary pillars of making GW2 in the first place. LS1 was a disaster, but it steadied itself after that

An MMO absolutely should be about story (and lore is a part of that) because MMO stands for MMORPG and the RPG part of it requires story. I only know of one MMORPG that didn't have a story (Anarchy) and even that tried to add one in later because that's what players wanted.

I don't disagree there should be ways to circumnavigate story mode easier, but it's false to say MMOs shouldnt have a story or that it died with the advent of living story. The game has lasted 12 years since the inception of Living Story and despite it's mixed implementation, it's done extremely well for an IP with little wider recognition. 

I think the issue is more that this isn't a genre best suited for you. It is however, very well suited to great many of us and I for one am quite happy to see a refocus on story after some recent wobbles in SoTo and Gyala Delves. Doesn't mean I don't disagree it should be skippable

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

So when you get kicked from a group in a raid or dungeon because you wanted to watch the cutscene (FFXIV and SWTOR) is that good design?
So you think it makes sense that ALL of us are heroes?
Single player RPGs have worlds built around a good story like Witcher 3 etc.

I have yet to see an MMO pull off a good story because it cant be done.

And yes Guild Wars 1 had a good story but it made sense based on how you play the game.

We can agree to disagree.

Edited by darkwombat.3695
  • Confused 7

Last time I played an MMO with no story (for the first couple years), it was because the MMO was released completely unfinished, and they tried to market it as a "create your own story," which did...ok for a while, but people were still asking for story.

I play GW2 for a combination of story and gameplay. I play(ed) FFXIV for story, same with SWTOR. 

Edited by QueenKeriti.5176
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

Given you said in this thread the game died with the first living world season, this means it was only the game it used to be for a few months. So why 12 years later are you playing it?

You seem unwilling to accept that other people in this world have different viewpoints to you. Look at the reactions to most of your posts in this thread. A lot of people disagree with you and want GW2 to have a story. Many of them(me included) wouldn’t be playing it if there wasn’t a story. Anet know this so there is a story.

I would be fine with Anet making more of the story dialogue skippable but you are going to get a lot of push back when you say there shouldn’t be story.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Players when there aren't subway surfers gameplay playing underneath their story cutscene. 

If you've been upset since EoD in 2022...maybe consider not playing GW2 anymore. That amount of unhappiness can't be good for your health.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

Refunding as well.
The NPC monologues go on forever and the game 13 years later still isnt alt friendly.
I have to do some magic tricks in order to get to an expansion zone to avoid doing these horrid story quests.

Guild Wars 2 died with the invention of the  "Living Story", there I said it.

It's the most alt friendly MMO on the market save for FFXIV. You don't play many other MMOs do you?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

Refunding as well.
The NPC monologues go on forever and the game 13 years later still isnt alt friendly.
I have to do some magic tricks in order to get to an expansion zone to avoid doing these horrid story quests.

Guild Wars 2 died with the invention of the  "Living Story", there I said it.

The fact that I can't speed the dialogue up is the worst. I want to experience the story; but I can read much, much, faster than the VAs deliver the lines and some characters just have the absolutely slowest possible inflection and delivery.

I

Love

Sitting

There

listening

To

People

Talk

Slowly

It's maddening to want to see what's next, experience what's next, and get on with the new content but being stuck listening to people just talk endlessly. Personally speaking, I muted my game after a few hours the first time I played it nine - ten - years ago and haven't turned the audio back on since save to hear the voices of each new character once or twice. If people like to listen to it, that's fine and good. But the game often bottlenecks and just forces you to stand there and listen. This is especially bad in EoD and SotO where entire story *chapters* are literally just "wait for" or "listen to".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

"Several cutscenes will play in sequence. It is recommended you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety."

God, ARR's unskippable cutscenes are pain and suffering. 😂

They are quite rare and the longest one is from vanilla (A Realm Reborn), lasts for about 20-25mins but is actually a good sequence that is memorable to this day. The others last 10mins max.

Every cutscene or dialogue can be skipped. You can't do that with Guild Wars 2.
If you want to dogpile on another game, fine, but at least get the correct info before doing so.

The fact the storylines are terrible, unimmersive and boring for the most part don't help. Only HoT, PoF were interesting and engaging. Janthir might be nice, but the prologue alone is beyond dumb : hey we got warships, lasers, teleports but somehow we need an alliance with tribal bears from the North. Let's go !
... Like what ? Why not just go with a "Commander wants to explore this unknown region". Simple and without boring "Tyria politics".

Edited by Scar.1793
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I'm not impressed with the first map (haven't been to the second one yet). It's mostly just busywork and adventures. I'm bored just thinking about logging on again.

So kinda like grothmar valley?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So kinda like grothmar valley?

Yeah but far more beautiful and immersive. And I say that as a fan of Grothmar. It’s up there with one of their best designed maps. A no meta, chill, relaxing map has been overdue and they excelled themselves here

• Like 4