So are pre-order players going to get three more glyph boxes?

Currently if you buy the deluxe edition of Janthir you get the glyph boxes and the tentacle tools. You can then trade the tentacle tools in for three more boxes. The people who pre-ordered can not do this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

you can actually, you can exchange your eldich tools at the exchange man in LA for a toold and a glyph container.

Yes, that's three. If someone who didn't pre-order the expansion gets it now they get three containers too. They also get the tools, which they can exchange for three more containers. For six total.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

Just now, Skub.8240 said:

Yes, that's three. If someone who didn't pre-order the expansion gets it now they get three containers too. They also get the tools, which they can exchange for three more containers. For six total.

I dont think that is how it works? they updated the tools you get with the duluxe editions to contain glyphs. i think the tyools fromthe deluxe editions (if bought now) have a different ID so cant be turned in for addional glyph boxes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Kinurak.5307 said:

I dont think that is how it works? they updated the tools you get with the duluxe editions to contain glyphs. i think the tyools fromthe deluxe editions (if bought now) have a different ID so cant be turned in for addional glyph boxes.

Unless it's changed literally within the past 12 hours: they do not and can be turned in for boxes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Laken.9018 said:

You show the tool.
You get a glyph container. That's how it works.
You don't get any dupes.

Source: Did it myself.

So you're saying you bought the deluxe edition after release and weren't sent the tools and the glyph containers in the mail? Because if so you got ripped off.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If this is true, it must be fixed to made fair.
People who are buying the deluxe post-release may or may not be using cash, but people who preordered definitely had to use cash, so they can't get any less or it'll set a bad precedent. 

Every time something like this isn't addressed, it ends up as a bit of a PR disaster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

If this is true, I don't think we should frown at other's good fortune if they benefit from ArenaNet's mistake. They only added the glyphs as a result of feedback. While mistakes should be avoided, even when it is during an act of courtesy, I'm not bothered by this myself.

Woo! Happy for you, lucky patrons!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Quench.7091 said:

If this is true, I don't think we should frown at other's good fortune if they benefit from ArenaNet's mistake. They only added the glyphs as a result of feedback. While mistakes should be avoided, even when it is during an act of courtesy, I'm not bothered by this myself.

The volatile glyphs that *most* people are picking sell for 750g each. So people are getting enough glyphs for their tools AND then another 3 glyphs for their homestead. 

Yeah, it's a like a lot unfair. Preorder should not get less than an upgrade...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Ellieanna.5027 said:

The volatile glyphs that *most* people are picking sell for 750g each. So people are getting enough glyphs for their tools AND then another 3 glyphs for their homestead. 

Yeah, it's a like a lot unfair. Preorder should not get less than an upgrade...

Good for them! That's some fine BoA glyphs they got there. The only reason they sell that high is because ArenaNet does things like not include glyph selection kits inside of their tool sets, but they're trying to go back and change sets like they did recently.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I don't think it's fair to the paying customers who did pre-order and put their trust in Anet to get less benefit than those who bought the deluxe pack after pre-orders were over. Either take the extras away or give everyone the same. But leaving it as is just does not sit well with me.

I paid the same I want the same.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

I think the obvious solution is to leave it as-is and just send pre-order players 3 more glyph boxes in the mail, honestly. Otherwise it will forever be unequal and either pre-order players will go without, people who buy the deluxe edition later will go without, or both will go without while a select few people just got lucky. Feels weird to do that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

Good for them! That's some fine BoA glyphs they got there. The only reason they sell that high is because ArenaNet does things like not include glyph selection kits inside of their tool sets, but they're trying to go back and change sets like they did recently.

And if they have volatile glyphs already in their weapons they can replace them with the bound ones and go make 2200 gold...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Skub.8240 said:

I think the obvious solution is to leave it as-is and just send pre-order players 3 more glyph boxes in the mail, honestly. Otherwise it will forever be unequal and either pre-order players will go without, people who buy the deluxe edition later will go without, or both will go without while a select few people just got lucky. Feels weird to do that.

In terms of fairness, this is how I rank the options:

1. Remove the items from the lucky players. Search through all tools equipped with glyphs and inventory bags for already opened glyphs. Remove any spare unopened glyph containers. Seems pretty complicated to do when you think about doing this systematically with no rollbacks. Would require some careful thought and testing to do accurately. Might be better to remove them manually?
  2. Let the lucky players keep the item. Focus on fixing in-game bugs and such. No effort required.
  3. Introduce thousands of spare account-bound glyphs into the game. Screw you trading post sellers!

I would benefit from option #3, but would ArenaNet really go for it? And option #1 seems too complicated.

13 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

And if they have volatile glyphs already in their weapons they can replace them with the bound ones and go make 2200 gold...

I don't think that is how the glyphs work. Once you open the "(Unused)" tagged glyph container, it pops out an account-bound item.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Quench.7091 said:

In terms of fairness, this is how I rank the options:

1. Remove the items from the lucky players. Search through all tools equipped with glyphs and inventory bags for already opened glyphs. Remove any spare unopened glyph containers. Seems pretty complicated to do when you think about doing this systematically with no rollbacks. Would require some careful thought and testing to do accurately. Might be better to remove them manually?
  2. Let the lucky players keep the item. Focus on fixing in-game bugs and such. No effort required.
  3. Introduce thousands of spare account-bound glyphs into the game. Screw you trading post sellers!

I would benefit from option #3, but would ArenaNet really go for it? And option #1 seems too complicated.

I don't think that is how the glyphs work. Once you open the "(Unused)" tagged glyph container, it pops out an account-bound item.

Yes... but the ones you have in weapons are sellable... that's the ones you take out and sell...

17 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Yes... but the ones you have in weapons are sellable... that's the ones you take out and sell...

Could you provide an example to said item(s) being sold on the trading post? Tools that contain socketed glyphs and the glyphs within them are account-bound, unless I'm unaware of something.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Skub.8240 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Dunno if you are aware of this but it seems that players who get the deluxe after the pre-order period, get tools + glyphs and can turn the tools in for another set of glyphs. That sounds like this was not intended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

you're getting very confused; the Black Lion Glyph Selection Container contains Glyphs, Glyphs are ALWAYS account bound, regardless of source

items like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Volatility_(Unused) are containers, containing these Account bound Glyphs, these containers can be sold on the TP, but thats not what peeople are getting.

no one is making profit from this, only some extra glyphs for alt characters

• Like 2

@Parasite.5389 I've heard you need to leave a set of glyphs at the homestead, so the extra 3 glyphs are more than just a few extra glyphs for your alts. It is the difference between an emtpy set of gathering tools or homestead and filling both.

Edit: I really wish they made glyphs in general a lot easier to get. As it is, they aren't really worth buying separate from tools.

Edited by Atraleos.5849

40 minutes ago, Atraleos.5849 said:

@Parasite.5389 I've heard you need to leave a set of glyphs at the homestead, so the extra 3 glyphs are more than just a few extra glyphs for your alts. It is the difference between an emtpy set of gathering tools or homestead and filling both.

Edit: I really wish they made glyphs in general a lot easier to get. As it is, they aren't really worth buying separate from tools.

Glyphs can be accessed from your bank or your inventory when selecting one to use at a farming location.
when you remove a glyph from a station it just pops it into your caharacters inventory.

so i've just taken to carrying 1 spare glyph in my main characters inventory (the one thats actually going to be doing the farming each day), and the extra glyphs i got from the selection box i've put in tools for my alts.

so No, they are just spare glyphs for your alts