More of the Bog Queen, please!

There is one document in Janthir Syntri that mentions that there was a woman in Gavril who volunteered on getting rid of the rising numbers of corpses and was suggested to drop them ina bog or something, iirc. It's deeply possible it is the same character who for some reason still lingers as that monster.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Invidia.9074 said:

There is one document in Janthir Syntri that mentions that there was a woman in Gavril who volunteered on getting rid of the rising numbers of corpses and was suggested to drop them ina bog or something, iirc. It's deeply possible it is the same character who for some reason still lingers as that monster.

Yes, I remember now! ๐Ÿ™‚ย Well, it would be super cool if we could learn more. Maybe a WV Quest to lift the curse from her? ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Invidia.9074 said:

You can actually find her with another ghost in the 2nd map where she talks and is offering to do that. Same VA so 100% her.ย 

Really loved the Bog Queen. I hope to see more events like hers.ย 

• Like 5

Honestly, anet is super strong when they want to create a spooky/unsettling atmosphere.ย  Mordrem bodyhorror, white mantle atrocities, joko's offscreen pursuit of taimi, bjora marches, and now the bog queen.

Yeah, they're good at epic setpieces and cozy zones but they always hit a certain groove it comes to their dabblings in horror.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Wait, the "All the Queen's Men" achievement mentions her name: Alessia. This is the undead Alessia Crow? What?! Or is the name a coincidence?

I believe you're thinking of Alastia Crow?

Anyway, stumbling onto the Bog Queen event was one of the coolest moments in the expansion so far. GW2 hopped universes over to The Witcher for a moment there, especially with that spectacular music. XD More events like this? Yes, please!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

That would be Alastia Crow, so no, that's not her.

Gods, my memory for names is awful. Thank you!

So, where have I heard Alessia before? Oh, now I remember! Alesia, the unreliable Monk henchwoman in GW1. ๐Ÿคฃย What a difference one letter can make.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1