Homestead Decorations - Where Are They All?

I'm kind of shocked they didn't give us the ability to craft houses in the Kodan style.  There are no walls, roofs, etc to be found.  All we have are some generic columns, nicknacks, and plants basically.  They gave us all this space and nothing to fill it with.  You'd think being able to create a small town and populate it with our alts (and actually keep them in place) would be a no-brainer.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

Only found raid boss trophy recipes so far (from Glenna in each wing).

Have not seen any basic architectural or structural decoration recipes anywhere.

Also everything costs an absurd amount of time gated resources to craft.

Edited by Pinkeh.4207
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

I'm kind of shocked they didn't give us the ability to craft houses in the Kodan style.  There are no walls, roofs, etc to be found.  All we have are some generic columns, nicknacks, and plants basically.  They gave us all this space and nothing to fill it with.  You'd think being able to create a small town and populate it with our alts (and actually keep them in place) would be a no-brainer.

There are kodan walls. its that gate in a circle all around the house. and there is that interior slatted wall divider thing, but exterior walls yea no. They gave us mostly interior decorating as far a new decs it seems so far. It's like they don't read the forums or else they'd know there are 4 basic types of decorators in gw2:

1) Interior decorating - rp'ers / small spaces to decorate like a house

2) architects - construct their own houses or large areas(cities) / festival / holiday decorating

3) sculptors/ artists - make entirely different things out of multiple decorations (ducks, teddy bears, I saw someone make a picture of the Mona Lisa out of shadows. Just amazing!

4) track builders - beetle racing

* and from now on devs have to think about a decorations in 3 dimensions. It doesn't only have to be one thing. a platform for instance can have one pattern on the top and another pattern on the bottom(which most do already but i mean it could work as 2 different floor tiles or 1 brick floor and 1 wooden wall). Maybe the front of something is a book case but the back might be a dark black shade with little white specs that could be used as something else say a window of the night star filled sky. (idk something like that, be creative).

double edit: also wouldn't it be fun if some rugs  (you can with some banners already) you can pass right thru! I can think of wonderful fun mazes with something like this!

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Sounds.3456 said:

Sorry but you shouldn't get the things that are rewarded from a piece of content you just don't want to do. Get over it.

that's not what i'm saying. what i've seen in all my years of gaming is that devs tend to put the best loot behind a raid wall. basically catering to that crowd. and that crowd tends to be much smaller then the gen player base. so they are encouraging exclusions. just more elitism bs.  

on a side note, while now many more like decorating back in the day the ones with the loudest voices on these forums could of cared less about decorating(yes i know that was just some not all), so it was just more aggravating that the raiding players didn't even care about the decorating.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

And your point was nonesense as raid decorations are only statues.

The impaled prisoner in my Guild Hall's spooky forest says otherwise. 😉

Sorry, have not followed the whole conversation and have no idea what the argument is about. 😄

Back on topic: I hope the rest of the deco won't be released in small drops over the course of the whole year. It really takes the fun out of decorating when you already know what decoration items exist, but cannot craft them for your Homestead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

From what I remember from the Homestead review by pcgamer we'll have about 800 decorations next year when the expansion is a year old. Though that said, I'm afraid we'll mostly see already existing decorations that are already available in the guild halls. (Like most of the decorations we got now are as well). The guild halls have currently 738 different kind of decorations according to the Wiki... So add to that amount the new Kodan items and a couple of future gemstore items and you'll have the 800.. 

I hope I'm wrong but.. doesn't look like it with what we've been given as recipes so far.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

From what I remember from the Homestead review by pcgamer we'll have about 800 decorations next year when the expansion is a year old. Though that said, I'm afraid we'll mostly see already existing decorations that are already available in the guild halls. (Like most of the decorations we got now are as well). The guild halls have currently 738 different kind of decorations according to the Wiki... So add to that amount the new Kodan items and a couple of future gemstore items and you'll have the 800.. 

I hope I'm wrong but.. doesn't look like it with what we've been given as recipes so far.

I hope they expand on the concept of homesteads. They've already proven in previous content releases they can do this, but because homesteads are tied to an xpac and they're just starting out releasing them year to year(basically) i worry they won't. There's always a hope of a future update (like a festival around xpacs or something) but who knows.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 3

On 8/24/2024 at 5:33 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

The schematics you can get from the heart vendors are upgraded at higher tiers. I've only gotten to t2 with those vendors but I've bought all of them so far without actually looking at them in detail. I'm just not going to start on my homestead until I'm done with the masteries and have gotten to t5 with those vendors. But perhaps your answer lies there.

You get schematics from vendors? I was wondering where all the recipes were supposed to be unlocked and thought that was what the thread was asking lol

50 minutes ago, videoboy.4162 said:

Am I missing something or are there no floors/grass options for Homesteads yet? 

yeah we only have the two lowland grass decorations (same models but different spread/density of foliage, no acces to single clumps of grass to make things blend together), and a single boulder deco that doesn't quite scale up enough to use for a proper hill. tho you can flip the boulder upside down and clip most of it into the ground and use that as a stone flooring (for now, hopefully).

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The impaled prisoner in my Guild Hall's spooky forest says otherwise. 😉

Guild Hall =/= Homestead. 😉 

Sorry, have not followed the whole conversation and have no idea what the argument is about. 😄

Doesn't really matter anyways.

Back on topic: I hope the rest of the deco won't be released in small drops over the course of the whole year. It really takes the fun out of decorating when you already know what decoration items exist, but cannot craft them for your Homestead.

As far as we know new decorations will come with update 1, 2 and 3.

Also I thinks it's safe to say that festivals will also include homestead decorations now.

However, I would like to have existing raid and worldboss decorations in the homestead. Tequatls tail piece, the triple trouble tooth and so on, not only the statues. Plus I want silver + gold statues, not only bronze.

Edited by kiroho.4738

2 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Guild Hall =/= Homestead. 😉 

Ah, you are saying that they haven't added an option to add your Raid tokens to Homestead deco instead of GH? Oof. That limits Homestead decoration even more, and it is already at a total low at the moment. 😕 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2