Homestead feature wishlist

I'm absolutely loving Homesteads and Janthir Wilds, but I've just got a few QoL/polish requests (and some bug reports) that I think could help improve the experience and immersion of Homesteads. Would love to hear other people's thoughts on these too. 🙂

Environment:

• [Bug] Mr. Quiggles shows up in the Workshop prior to finishing the quest.
  • [Feedback] Move the Wizard's Tower portal model slightly to the left (centred between the Lion's Arch and Lowland Shore portals).
  • [Feedback] Move the exit spawn point of the Lowland Shore portal into Autumn's Vale or Harvest Den so that you get a waypoint unlocked.
  • [Feedback] Move the Heart of Thorns chests outside of the Workshop (perhaps next to the Bandit Chest)? I think it kind-of ruins the cozy aesthetic being inside.
  • [Feedback] Move the Wintersday Tree node behind the other Logging nodes so that it is less visible (i.e., less immersion breaking).
    • Alternatively, replace the Peppermint Swirl icon with regular 'Wintersday Tree of Generosity' text for consistency with other Logging nodes.
  • [Feedback] Not sure if it's a bug, but I'm not a fan of having a random Lowland Kodan mounting my Raptor. Perhaps remove this, or provide a toggle to remove them? 
  • [Request] Fences around the mount stable are interactable in story instances. Copy this behaviour to Homesteads?
  • [Request] Add an interactable Anvil to the Workshop for convenience.

Storeboxes:

• [Bug] Gathering via some Storeboxes does not yield the correct amount of Volatile Magic.
  • [Feedback] "Manage Glyphs" should indicate that inserting a Glyph is reversible (i.e., you can extract your Glyph later).

Crafting/Handiwork:

• [Bug] (?) You can craft Journeyman-level decorations with only the Apprentice-level mastery unlocked (*may have already been patched).
  • [Feedback] Categorise recipes the same as the Decorations panel (e.g., Architecture, Lighting, etc.) rather than crafting level (e.g., Journeyman, Apprentice, etc.).

Decorations:

• [Request] Bed found in 'Stoic Alder's House' is interactable. Copy this behaviour to equivalent Homestead decorations?

Conjured Doorway:

• [Bug] Cannot spawn Conjured Doorway in Arborstone, Lion's Arch Aerodrome, etc.
  • [Request] Add a 'Conjure Doorway' Keybind under Control Options -> Mastery Skill.
Edited by Slushey.8236
Conjured Doorway does not work in Lion's Arch Aerodrome.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to add that the lotus should not be positioned in the middle of the crop field.

The lotus flower, also known as Nelumbo nucifera, is an aquatic plant that grows in slow-moving water like ponds, floodplains, and river deltas

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

I'd like to add that the lotus should not be positioned in the middle of the crop field.

Perhaps it could be relocated just SW of the crop field; adjacent to the lily pads in the water next to the bridge? Would also look quite aesthetic...

• Like 5

I know the homestead was part of this expansion, but I'd really like to be able to build other aesthetics than Kodan.

Like, maybe we could get blank plots in different aesthetics, and the very least some different prefab buildings. Maybe my human wants her own little Krtyan-esque town that fits her style?

• Like 13

Anyone else having difficulty crafting certain items that you've unlocked an have the mats for?

I press craft, the bar fills, and then nothing happens. mats don't get taken away and an item doesn't appear.

I'm at max mastery and i've been trying this with a few rugs and the festival tents and yea.. nothin?

Edited by Roda.7468
  • Like 4

[Feedback] It is not possible to decorate the entrance, there is some invisible reserved space. Having the very entrance invalidated like that feels really bad.

[Feedback] Not being able to call the door in shared instances like Arborstone and Mistlock Sanctuary is rather annoying.

[Request] Please move the Soldier class characters from the entrance. Tuck all alt characters away on the edges of the map.  Or at least have an option to choose between 6 spots to place them.

[Request] Having single home garden nodes all alone in huge planters looks rather bad. Please sell 2 more home garden expansions so each of the 4 solitary nodes get 2 more nodes to their sides, for a total of 20 nodes.

[Request] Add a way to hire the PSNA NPCs and Provisioners from each expansion so for each group of them (PSNA, core, provisioners, HoT provisioners, etc), an NPC with all of their vendor tabs combined can be found somewhere in the homestead.

[Request] It would be great if completing the Pet Dog Whistle and Pet Skyscale Whistle training made them appear in the home instance at a dog house and a skyscale nest. After all, both toys have a "Send Home" skill.

[Request] It would also be nice if all novelty chairs were also unlocked as decoration. Maybe also instruments and kites, or at least for instruments and kites, have stands similar to weapon stands.

[Bug]  The Homesteading Mastery Unlock marker for the first expansion is removed from the wrong door, it is removed from the upper floor door that remains closed.

Edited by MithranArkanere.8957
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, squeegee.4320 said:

I know the homestead was part of this expansion, but I'd really like to be able to build other aesthetics than Kodan.

Like, maybe we could get blank plots in different aesthetics, and the very least some different prefab buildings. Maybe my human wants her own little Krtyan-esque town that fits her style?

Ehm, you can? I can craft Ascalonian and Elonian pillars, Maguuma Jungle lilies, etc. It's not all Kodan style. Well, I should say they're in the list of craftable items, just like in the guild hall. I just haven't been able to craft anything yet because when I do nothing happens and it doesn't take my materials.

2 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

The lotus flower, also known as Nelumbo nucifera, is an aquatic plant that grows in slow-moving water like ponds, floodplains, and river deltas

It never was even remotely near water in the home instance, either. 😉 Also, the point is to have all plants in one place, not wander around to gather each one. 😄

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I know it defeats the purpose of mats and crafting but maybe a vendor with the lowest level items or some basic items.  Like basic tree for example.

I too would love if the alts would do somethign more

More wall, doorway and door decorations please

Alchemy themed furniture as well.

Another bug I noticed is some npcs and the med armor alts tend to mount on the raptor in the stables for some reson

Edited by nobleboivin.4102
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2024 at 9:53 AM, Slushey.8236 said:

[Feedback] Move the Heart of Thorns chests outside of the Workshop (perhaps next to the Bandit Chest)? I think it kind-of ruins the cozy aesthetic being inside.

Aesthetic aside, once the Crystallized Supply Cache has been opened, it sits there making a constant pulsing noise that can get annoying when you're standing at the crafting stations. If it could be moved to the other side of the wall and toward the back, that would block the sound while you're crafting.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
made a video about it!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Add the ability for players who guest in another players homestead the ability to use storebox if they have the mastery.  Kind of pointless to enter someone elses homestead if you can't use the storebox for which you have a mastery to use.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sovereign.4962 said:

Add the ability for players who guest in another players homestead the ability to use storebox if they have the mastery.  Kind of pointless to enter someone elses homestead if you can't use the storebox for which you have a mastery to use.

Second this. Home Instances were always shared for other people to gather. I also share my full home instance, now homestead, to other players. Thoses nodes are extremely expensive and only a small portion of the playerbase got them. So why can't other players with their mastery unlocked use my storeboxes? It just doesn't make sense at all.

• Like 2

What I would like to see:

+Crafting Preview for items

+ Ability to move NPCs and ALTs like objects and maybe the ability to customize your Alts like choosing animations for them(like idle animations and greet animations), adding possible spawn locations for your alts ( random locations they could spawn to + animation when your return to homestead ) *Ex. My alt could sip coffee in the living room or mediate on a rock by the River.

+ Adjust some crafting requirements for decorations that you require to make in bulk like Walls, Pillars , Floors, Fences...etc

• Like 4

On 8/25/2024 at 7:19 AM, Radiancee.6537 said:

Second this. Home Instances were always shared for other people to gather. I also share my full home instance, now homestead, to other players. Thoses nodes are extremely expensive and only a small portion of the playerbase got them. So why can't other players with their mastery unlocked use my storeboxes? It just doesn't make sense at all.

I third this, not making it available for other people that don't have the node in their own home and having to farm your nodes manually instead is just stupid, especially if they have the mastery for it.

Edited by DrWhizbang.1630
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

[Feedback] If they wont allow us to place harvesting nodes and NPCs like decorations, please allow us the ability to disable any and all of them visually.

Things like the Feline Dispersing Array sitting in the middle of my house's walkway, a cat toy spawn inside the house, the heart of thorns chests and krait obelisk being bright and obnoxious, an out of season Wintersday tree, Seimur, Ninn, Ridhais, MOX , and the new bear lads just standing around- all these work together to be immersion breaking obstacles when trying to make the house my own.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I find the Homestead decoration cost adequate, but then again I am used to crafting expensive Guild Hall decoration, and in comparison the Homestead one is cheap.

I still have points of criticism, though:

• What I am sorely missing in Homestead decorating is for the game to remember which pieces with a toggle option I had turned off and which ones I have left turned on. Having to run to each piece and correct its state everytime I enter my Homestead is tiresome. (At least, I found a permanent solution for Mr. Quiggles.)

• I also don't appreciate that I cannot set a permanent location for my alt characters and that I have no way of toggling on/off whether I want to see them at all. Having to remove every single one of them by manually logging them out of the Homestead is very incovenient.

• It would also be nice if we could select Dusk/Dawn besides Day and Night and if we had an option to make it a permanent time of day.

• My biggest gripe with Homesteads, however,  is that I have to travel to a location where I can summon the door in order to be able to enter my Homestead. Not even do many maps and instances not allow the summoning of the Homestead portal, but those who allow it often have spots that are uneven and thus marked as "invalid paths" to summon the door. All of this makes traveling to your Homestead a pain in the behind, to be honest, and it is much more convenient to just use your Home Portal Stone instead for daily gathering. 😐

• Edit: I second the request to either move or mute the Heart of Thorns loot chests. Their permanent sound loop this close to the crafting and cooking stations is annoying beyond words.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 9