Add "What have killed me" info to WvW as well

32 minutes ago, banJelacic.4201 said:

I know this would be much harder to implement in WvW that it is in PvP but I would like to get that little info modal with latest skill damaged me and killed me from last fight (or last few minutes) - same as like in PvP

Are you picturing an ESO style death recap? Or a viewer that reads in the combat logs that we already have?

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Or a viewer that reads in the combat logs that we already have?

That. With the voice of David Attenborough.

“and here, we see a wild soulbeast, looking for the waterhole. What the soulbeast does not know is that a sneaky willbender hides behind the bushes…“

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

That. With the voice of David Attenborough.

“and here, we see a wild soulbeast, looking for the waterhole. What the soulbeast does not know is that a sneaky willbender hides behind the bushes…“

OMG lol. All dev funds, stop dev, focus here, this needs done yesterday! GOGOGOGOGOOGOGO 🙂 LOL

• Like 1

14 hours ago, banJelacic.4201 said:

I know this would be much harder to implement in WvW that it is in PvP but I would like to get that little info modal with latest skill damaged me and killed me from last fight (or last few minutes) - same as like in PvP

in small scale/roaming, what killed you usually is still visible from the combat log.
in larger scale you might get hit a million times while downed still, but there usually your positioning will have killed you or not dodging through an area that you should have.

personally i never found the pvp death screen helpful, but that might just be me being too stupid to understand how to interpret that.
however what i found most useful is recording your own gameplay, dont need to share it anywhere, just for yourself..while watching you dont have your mind busy with all the little decision making going on during a fight and so will often spot things already on the 1. view that you might have missed during the fight and then you can replay segments if need be. helps for any scale content.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

personally i never found the pvp death screen helpful, but that might just be me being too stupid to understand how to interpret that.

Yes, and people misinterpret it all the time. They see their death log for a long chaotic fight and it is like:

• 30k bleeding
  • 10k poison
  • 9k spearmarshal's support

And then come to the forums and complain that condi is OP. But if you watch the fight, what actually happens is that they've got random condi from multiple targets ticking on them constantly but not eating into their health much. Then random spear warrior hit them from outta nowhere and deleted them, but on the log, it looks like it was all condi.

• Like 1

I remember people would post pics of CoR doing 25k damage and that's what killed them. Nevermind them being in downed state below 50% hp and 25 stacks of vulnerability getting hit by a Rev with 25 might, full hp and all the boons in the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coro.3176 said:

Yes, and people misinterpret it all the time. They see their death log for a long chaotic fight and it is like:

• 30k bleeding
  • 10k poison
  • 9k spearmarshal's support

And then come to the forums and complain that condi is OP. But if you watch the fight, what actually happens is that they've got random condi from multiple targets ticking on them constantly but not eating into their health much. Then random spear warrior hit them from outta nowhere and deleted them, but on the log, it looks like it was all condi.

Condi is indeed OP, condi vomit is what kills you unless your support extremely efficient and there is enough tcap sponges around. 

Outside of indirect kills from chill, slow, cripple, poison healing debuff etc, stuff like burns eats 10% of minstrel hp per tick with just few stacks on.

Now meta pukes every condi under the sun and that yeah, makes some closess like holos do bigger strike damage and down the target because of traitline positive feedback loops when enemy having multi condis, but you severely downplay condi menance, when was last time u actually played?

Condi is meta wvw didn't seen for 8 years or smtg, even with 70% of my condis removed by proper boonball my scourge still spits 4k/s. I get your point and I would have agreed like... 1y ago or something, before cleanses had been nerfed and condi sources buffed.

Now it's relatively easy to cover serious damaging condis, when I play support I do avg off 200 cleanses a minute. 

Wvw nolifers literally starting to use vyper gear and torment sigils, basically pve meta in wvw, and here u have lad saying condi is just ambient noise. 

Get with the times Oldman, wvw now basically pve, soon cele and zerks/marauders will be completely cycled off. 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Condi is indeed OP, condi vomit is what kills you unless your support extremely efficient and there is enough tcap sponges around. 

Outside of indirect kills from chill, slow, cripple, poison healing debuff etc, stuff like burns eats 10% of minstrel hp per tick with just few stacks on.

Now meta pukes every condi under the sun and that yeah, makes some closess like holos do bigger strike damage and down the target because of traitline positive feedback loops when enemy having multi condis, but you severely downplay condi menance, when was last time u actually played?

Condi is meta wvw didn't seen for 8 years or smtg, even with 70% of my condis removed by proper boonball my scourge still spits 4k/s. I get your point and I would have agreed like... 1y ago or something, before cleanses had been nerfed and condi sources buffed.

Now it's relatively easy to cover serious damaging condis, when I play support I do avg off 200 cleanses a minute. 

Wvw nolifers literally starting to use vyper gear and torment sigils, basically pve meta in wvw, and here u have lad saying condi is just ambient noise. 

Get with the times Oldman, wvw now basically pve, soon cele and zerks/marauders will be completely cycled off. 

And yet when you look at meta battle, around 10% of the meta builds are real condi. The other 90% is celestial, marauder and berserker.

11 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

And yet when you look at meta battle, around 10% of the meta builds are real condi. The other 90% is celestial, marauder and berserker.

Meta battle always extremely behind the curve, seriously lagging, if u remember, they added stuff like minstrel barrier scourge just after it got nerfed first time.

Same goes for majority of builds. They extremely conservative, consistency behind the real meta ingame and some of their builds is questionable to say the least. 

I can give you platora of examples for it being extremely slow to pick up things, 6months is prob avg. 

Chatrooms meme that it's on purpose so anet won't nerf or that we all could farm newbs. I don't think that's the case, I do think they just have small editor crew(Maybe just one) that is swimming in his microcosm echo and giving updates to meta as it becomes so obvious that anet starts to nerf it. Which is good thing from page perspective, I mean builds there is miles above whatever else newbies could find.

I do think it took only 3 or so months for them to pick up cele trend so that's improvement from mean. There is also that "test" section that used to react very fast and sensitively to ongoing "trends" and growing new metas yet it absent for last few quarters, I miss those builds 😞

No disrespect for metabattle, website great as template provider, it's just very behind(relatively i guess, few months might not be long depending on how u see it) the real bag farm meta that dominate maps.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Oh and often builds correct, gear is different tho, as example ritualist instead of cele for burn etc. 

Idk why I even need to explain, u can see it clear as a day in game, those damage ticks from condis is nothing to kitten with, and it's buried so hard behind other condi spam that support really struggles, condi vs cleanse balance is in clear condi favor. Spam of it is kinda surreal.

Last week obv because pve people flooding so condi builds is more abundant, yet trend is there for a while, conversion to cele months back was just first steps towards full condi vomit

Soon overwhelming majority of fights will be power split surge gs gs mirage clouds vs boon/condi vomit balls. Screencap this dawdler

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Oh and often builds correct, gear is different tho, as example ritualist instead of cele for burn etc. 

Idk why I even need to explain, u can see it clear as a day in game, those damage ticks from condis is nothing to kitten with, and it's buried so hard behind other condi spam that support really struggles, condi vs cleanse balance is in clear condi favor. Spam of it is kinda surreal.

Last week obv because pve people flooding so condi builds is more abundant, yet trend is there for a while, conversion to cele months back was just first steps towards full condi vomit

Soon overwhelming majority of fights will be power split surge gs gs mirage clouds vs boon/condi vomit balls. Screencap this dawdler

Ngl i'm lowkey glad GS Mirage is busted now, and people should definitely play it more, because these cele zergling kanker inflictors need to die faster

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Meta battle always extremely behind the curve, seriously lagging, if u remember, they added stuff like minstrel barrier scourge just after it got nerfed first time.

Same goes for majority of builds. They extremely conservative, consistency behind the real meta ingame and some of their builds is questionable to say the least. 

I can give you platora of examples for it being extremely slow to pick up things, 6months is prob avg. 

Chatrooms meme that it's on purpose so anet won't nerf or that we all could farm newbs. I don't think that's the case, I do think they just have small editor crew(Maybe just one) that is swimming in his microcosm echo and giving updates to meta as it becomes so obvious that anet starts to nerf it. Which is good thing from page perspective, I mean builds there is miles above whatever else newbies could find.

I do think it took only 3 or so months for them to pick up cele trend so that's improvement from mean. There is also that "test" section that used to react very fast and sensitively to ongoing "trends" and growing new metas yet it absent for last few quarters, I miss those builds 😞

No disrespect for metabattle, website great as template provider, it's just very behind(relatively i guess, few months might not be long depending on how u see it) the real bag farm meta that dominate maps.

Ok so what has changed in the last 3-6 months that is lagging behind?

Well ignoring spears that barely anyone use because meta is meta.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

Doesn't need to have anything new introduced, condi viable for a while, people just like you, old and hesitant to change. Especially for such huge shifts as now. Some people have all their history in game mode with power meta, it can be broken as kitten and it still takes considerable amount of time for people to adapt.

If u ask initial push that shifted balance, it was the nerfs to cleanse freq/counts and more condi sources, slmr to whole boon v strips ⚖️  I think like year ago? Honestly I can't remember which patch cluster it was 

• Confused 1

I reason that underlying idea was to make it more accessible to pve'rs, making their builds more viable in game mode? Like u all cry about sustain being buffed to infinity, but it's just counter for strike damage and strips, community pretended it doesn't see the cleanser nerfs.

Just like u do now, reality right in your face, u can see it after u login to wvw, but u refuse to accept it or acknowledge it

• Confused 1

One solution is arc dps, you can display what % of damage you got from skills, as well as the graph showing you under what kind of pressure you were during the fight. 

But the game being as bursty as it is, most of the time "what killed you" will be either an immob you didn't cleanse in time or a CC you didn't break/stab, which are not always the most damaging of skills. 

Knowing the source of damage is useful for two purposes : you want to play to same build, or you are a zerg leader and want to know what is the compo of the opposing guild. 

1 hour ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

people just like you, old and hesitant to change.

Which is quite literally the opposite of people always running meta.

If the change you say shifted balance was a year ago… how is meta battle not up to date? You said they only lagged behind some months.

• Confused 1

Just now, Dawdler.8521 said:

Which is quite literally the opposite of people always running meta.

If the change you say shifted balance was a year ago… how is meta battle not up to date? You said they only lagged behind some months.

Dawdler I know you like to shitpost and play game 5mins a day, I too love to shitpost, but I actually sit in game a lot, there is very few of us that is active as me in this game mode.

U can play whatever u want, try to use fallacies or miscontruct my banter as much as u like, I honestly don't care if u accept reality or not. People that plays already know what's up, just wait for you mettabattle to pick up, I will return to remind you this, I'm patient man

• Confused 1

On 8/27/2024 at 9:02 PM, banJelacic.4201 said:

You think there is not enough server lag in the game?

This would be a gigantic databse to handle for the game engine and servers.

14 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Dawdler I know you like to shitpost and play game 5mins a day, I too love to shitpost, but I actually sit in game a lot, there is very few of us that is active as me in this game mode.

U can play whatever u want, try to use fallacies or miscontruct my banter as much as u like, I honestly don't care if u accept reality or not. People that plays already know what's up, just wait for you mettabattle to pick up, I will return to remind you this, I'm patient man

Ok I’ll keep waiting guess 1 year is too fast for meta peeps playing the game more than 5m a day (how do you have time!?) to post their builds.

• Confused 1

Just now, KrHome.1920 said:

You think there is not enough server lag in the game?

This would be a gigantic databse to handle for the game engine and servers.

Well sometimes ingame logs simply don't register incoming damage, some macro Willie's does it so fast that ingame logs straight up skips the damage registering in log. 

Might be some icd between chat log idfk, but it would be really messy to imp in wvw imo

• Confused 1