Stop Treating WvW like a GvG environment

Charall.4710

3 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Doesn't really sound like you know the GvG scene either. Stale builds it is not. And you can't find them on Metabattle either. Well, perhaps when people aren't using them any more. Unless you're talking about OF GvG, in which you should probably specify that in between everything else, including Chinese GvG. No need to check my GW2mists, I accidentally started writing while logged in on an alt account once and kept going to not confuse the matter. 

He didn't understand "Chinese GvG" either it seems.  It's a meme on the concept I described that two equally skilled opponents can end up waiting for each other to make a mistake in order to win.  But to him it means no skill, as if certain guilds (which I don't want to call out) can run a comped boonball and stand still and not get their booties touched in bad ways all the time.  Suffice to say, I've gotten a lot of bags from those guilds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/7/2024 at 12:49 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

1) I don't find that to be true at all given some of the gameplay I've seen the past few weeks.  Show how it's true.

I just caught this, scrolling through everything idly.

Admittedly zerg busting is far from dead, in fact there are some guilds DEDICATED to it right now like SoX for example. And yes SoX is still around.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

That's right.  You don't know what you don't know so where to start?  Congrats on only seeing a piece of the full picture.  Hint: some of us play more than one account.  I'm not going to sock-puppet on the forums.

But nothing you wrote says anything about your assertion that devs are programming "equality of outcome"; if anything this whole thread is one long complaint about the lack of equality of outcome between outnumbered players and map queues.  Deflection isn't a good look on you.

U literally just took out one sentence out of post and wrote some delusion as response. 

One sentence, and I used it and following ones as attempt to avoid miscommunication in a first place. 

kitten these forums. 

Why, why do I come here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Doesn't really sound like you know the GvG scene either. Stale builds it is not. And you can't find them on Metabattle either. Well, perhaps when people aren't using them any more. Unless you're talking about OF GvG, in which you should probably specify that in between everything else, including Chinese GvG. No need to check my GW2mists, I accidentally started writing while logged in on an alt account once and kept going to not confuse the matter. 

I'm talking about overall variety and drift on change, space is too small. I am pretty well familiar with the gvg space. Mercing enough to knoe a thing or two. The chatbot guy claimed gvg innovates and basically defines new metas or smtg like that, as best of the best of wvw being in gvg, which is not the case, neither theory crafting nor skills there on avg is good.. obv there is some true sweats there but there is the same if not more sweaty ones in other parts of wvw. I get that u gvg person and felt insulted, but just look at the context and to what banter I responded. 

4 hours ago, Charall.4710 said:

I just caught this, scrolling through everything idly.

Admittedly zerg busting is far from dead, in fact there are some guilds DEDICATED to it right now like SoX for example. And yes SoX is still around.

Yeah we doing it too, quite successfully using same crappa/untamed or willy squad formulas, did one stealth nuke raid a few h ago, it just getting increasingly difficult to pull it off especially against actual boonballs.

So yeah u can still play against severely outnumbering forces with tightly knit and synchronised lads, without needing vc. Yet the conditions required to pull it off, efforts and number breakpoints is nothing like it was just a while back, zerg busting gets hammered with each patch indirectly via feeding boonball positive feedback loops. 

Like u guys pick up a fraction of text, which in some cases is obv hyperbolization for stylistic and context reasons, and take it in literal sense. I get that usual communication signaling is being lost thru text, body language, tone etc etc. But these forums really take miscommunication to extreme.

8 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

He didn't understand "Chinese GvG" either it seems.  It's a meme on the concept I described that two equally skilled opponents can end up waiting for each other to make a mistake in order to win.  But to him it means no skill, as if certain guilds (which I don't want to call out) can run a comped boonball and stand still and not get their booties touched in bad ways all the time.  Suffice to say, I've gotten a lot of bags from those guilds.

Chinese gvg is literally Chinese gvg, Google it or smtg. It's two blobs not moving, and just standing and rotating on each other like they would on pve boss or golem. 

"Push push, (insert some com noises) Chinese gvg now" is also popular and well understood concept in vc parts of wvw. Literally everyone who actually plays this game knows it, eu and na been turned into Chinese gvg state for few months back when guard hammer autochain spam was trend of the month and 4 minstrel supports per sub (prefered if two is scourges)was the Wae. Combat was literally(as in literal sense now) static, non moving balls standing next to each other for 5mins and doing attrition war. But u probably don't know about that either.  

Chinese gvg can be labeled as many things, but the one thing it is not, is an skilled gameplay, might as well just go do pve metas, as raids require more skill. 

Like u won't understand this all anyways, u think this is normal, even rationalising it with nonsenses like "muh playerbase more skilled now so boonballs trying to kill each other for 40mins is new normal and natural progression" which is so loaded with falacy that i could write essey about that alone. 

Like everything u write just shows u don't know anything about anything that is happening in wvw. I spoke my piece to people of my tribe, and can't care less what wvw tourists think, yet alone argue here for hours with person who doesn't know basic community terms. Can't understand why I still responding, something just keeps baiting me back in, maybe the dunning and silliness of quotes, idk.

And as last post in this thread i just want to say.... I gonna play a bit more in na to collect your bags, see you in wvw bagglet 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

I'm talking about overall variety and drift on change, space is too small. I am pretty well familiar with the gvg space. Mercing enough to knoe a thing or two. The chatbot guy claimed gvg innovates and basically defines new metas or smtg like that, as best of the best of wvw being in gvg, which is not the case, neither theory crafting nor skills there on avg is good.. obv there is some true sweats there but there is the same if not more sweaty ones in other parts of wvw. I get that u gvg person and felt insulted, but just look at the context and to what banter I responded.

I... am neither insulted nor care.

But I am not doing another round in this thread with yet another person that reads things I never wrote, add feelings I never had, answer questions I never asked or see opinions where there's none. Enjoy your WvW.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

I... am neither insulted nor care.

But I am not doing another round in this thread with yet another person that reads things I never wrote, add feelings I never had, answer questions I never asked or see opinions where there's none. Enjoy your WvW.

All I know about you is that u started condensing with "u don't really know gvg scene either" and considering context it just felt like typical gvg wannabe banter, I read it many times before, assuming it's same old is just normal, "a person disagreeing and condensing after I say that gvg ain't l33t5 of wvw?= upset/angry gvg wannabe screatch inc, approach carefuly and difuse with world salad".  Next time try to actually read into what quote of quote u making, and it be less confusion and miscommunication. 

I already can tell we could vibe well. 😌 I like you anon kun. Only reason why I respond its cuz i instantly like you and it's obv that you care, as u respond when u could just lol and ignore.

Enjoy your little isolated gvg microcosm, and remember, there is no need to be upset. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Chinese gvg is literally Chinese gvg, Google it or smtg. It's two blobs not moving, and just standing and rotating on each other like they would on pve boss or golem. 

"Push push, (insert some com noises) Chinese gvg now" is also popular and well understood concept in vc parts of wvw. Literally everyone who actually plays this game knows it, eu and na been turned into Chinese gvg state for few months back when guard hammer autochain spam was trend of the month and 4 minstrel supports per sub (prefered if two is scourges)was the Wae. Combat was literally(as in literal sense now) static, non moving balls standing next to each other for 5mins and doing attrition war.

There is a phrase for this: "No sh$t, Sherlock.". It's an attrition war waiting for one team to trip up, to make a mistake, that became a meme.

But do go ahead and start stalking me in-game because you struggle with trying to explain your absurd and nonsensical comment about devs programming for "equality of outcome" on a gaming forum.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

There is a phrase for this: "No sh$t, Sherlock."

But do go ahead and start stalking me in-game because you struggle with trying to explain your absurd and nonsensical comment about devs programming for "equality of outcome" on a gaming forum.

U can't into thinking my friend. Like srls. I used it as expression of speach and it was obv if u read following lines where i mentioned that for whatever reason the gap is being shrinked either its() or () it's being done and it's obv trend, might or might not be conscious idk, all i know is the output that is leading to that state.

Now u stuck like leeche to 3 words out of whole wall of text, 3 words that u completely take out of context. And u continue to use it. 

I sometimes wonder, how some people even function irl when they can't into simple reading comprehension, when they are incapable of thought. 

How an grown person, could can't into simple abstract and take everything in literal sense. 

Like... how in the kitten this happens? The education failed? Some sickness or bad faith thru life? 

I just putting you on ignore because srls, I gonna get banned again, u worse than the logos guy that was making threads about meaning of play.  Bless the Ruby for showing us the function of ignore 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

U can't into thinking my friend. Like srls. I used it as expression of speach and it was obv if u read following lines where i mentioned that for whatever reason the gap is being shrinked either its() or () it's being done and it's obv trend, might or might not be conscious idk, all i know is the output that is leading to that state.

Now u stuck like leeche to 3 words out of whole wall of text, 3 words that u completely take out of context. And u continue to use it. 

I sometimes wonder, how some people even function irl when they can't into simple reading comprehension, when they are incapable of thought. 

How an grown person, could can't into simple abstract and take everything in literal sense. 

Like... how in the kitten this happens? The education failed? Some sickness or bad faith thru life? 

I just putting you on ignore because srls, I gonna get banned again, u worse than the logos guy that was making threads about meaning of play.  Bless the Ruby for showing us the function of ignore 

Cool. No skin off my teeth.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Chinese gvg state for few months back when guard hammer autochain spam was trend of the month and 4 minstrel supports per sub (prefered if two is scourges)was the Wae

Was there really 4 minstrel supports meta?

I know 4 supports meta is still a thing but what I do know and run is only one on minstrel (maybe max 2) and rest on cele.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

This is the meme version by US players. Refer to actual Chinese GW2 footage.

I am showing the meme version made by them because that's what people are usually referring to. For people that has no idea what others are pointing to as Chinese GvG, it's short, sweet and to the point showing exactly what is memed about. The phrase "Chinese GvG" is only used in the meme context on EU anyway, no idea about NA.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

The phrase "Chinese GvG" is only used in the meme context on EU anyway, no idea about NA.

I agree with you.  It's the same in NA, really.  The analysis done by expandas does a great job though at explaining the origin of the meme and highlights the differences between the GvG scene there and in NA.