Ideas for Homestead Decoration Arrangements

6 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Good topic!

I removed the small kodan walls outside and replaced them with bigger versions. It looks better and also now i have less decorations placed, making way for new ones. 

That's a really good idea!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

It might be an idea to start using the forum feature for displaying pictures now we have homesteads to show off, to save using external links. You can use the +create button to add screenshots to your profile then "otehr media" when making a post to add that picture to a thread. I'd certainly like to see more people's pictures, but I don't want to keep clicking links

I assume the forum mods are OK with it (they'll soon say if not)

gw104.jpg.b16d7542298126ae34fe7bc4f8e51d4a.jpggw095.jpg.a1b3314f45d53e26068422e712112fe8.jpg

• Like 5

I don't have a specifig arrangement yet. And I guess I do not plan to use Homestads that much. Given that the other content in the first release is played through pretty fast I am planning to spend a bit of time with it though. For a base setup where I then only make smaller adjustments. Have not looked at all the available stuff yet. (Sadly no preview needs me to craft it or check the wiki.)

Rough plan is to set up a strategy room in the basement. (Deluxe edition table has the option to display a war/stategy board I think.) Living room in the ground floor. On the top (where in the tutorial / story mission I think you place the bed) there will be the dining room and maybe at the walls (if possible) shelves with books. Kinda tables in the mid that should be used for dining - then cleaned up also usable to  read books there and stuff.

The other small room to the left there seem to be big doors (like stable/lawn doors) ... that probably as kind of a dressing room. A bit small deco. Other room there (normal small hobbit-village like door like in the other doors) is still locked for me (I am at step 3/4 of the mastery). I guess the sleeping room will go there. Seems to make the most sense to me. In the small rooms in between the sides and outside (one has cats playing in it) maybe tools and stuff (depending an what is available for deco) + small deco like flowers.) The stuff you'd use outside and leave there when moving inside.

Not sure if this is okay in this thread - or if you just want pics of stuff how it loos together - no real layout talking (could make another thread then lol - but there dit not seem to bee much regarding such stuff ... mainly people posting bugs and feature requests regarding the Homsteads).

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 6:41 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

It might be an idea to start using the forum feature for displaying pictures now we have homesteads to show off, to save using external links. You can use the +create button to add screenshots to your profile then "otehr media" when making a post to add that picture to a thread. I'd certainly like to see more people's pictures, but I don't want to keep clicking links

Yo, thanks! I did not know this.

Really liked the way you did the seating arrangement outside.

Here are mine:

Homestead3.jpg.1987a9f353da2cb9666f73926ddac51b.jpgHomestead2.jpg.305400c36c681bed35bac72374f6e12f.jpgHomestead1.jpg.ae98d5d5be969668f866c6f86c6dbec6.jpg

Edited by Logos.5603
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/4/2024 at 12:20 AM, Cronospere.8143 said:

I removed the small kodan walls outside and replaced them with bigger versions. It looks better and also now i have less decorations placed, making way for new ones. 

Tip for the future: Don't erase everything, resize. Takes less time and effort. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I ripped up the stone fences, used the larger sections and two smaller ones, both max size, to construct a building. Two layers high with the upper layer inverted. Sides is one larger section wide with the long sections being two wide. The front has two smaller sections on either side with larger ones inverted on second layer creating a arch opening to the building. Topped it with a Elonian Lattice and a large festival tent. Added a couple of the weathered Elonian arches in the front. I put a large carpet inside, the wayfinder's table and some odd decorations. I built it around the NPC Ridhais so she is in the front right corner looking at the table.

There is an annoying lack of structural options.

Edited by Tekoneiric.6817
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Logos.5603 said:

Oh, so it doesn't actually mean confused. It's like a troll button?

Of course it is. You can never make any decent post here without confusing someone 😄. Thumbs up for your originality and creativie ideas. Love it.

I didnt really do any indoor decoration because I don't like the Kodan stone age vibe. But I did some simple outdoors decorating though. All of my favourite guild hall festive decorations are not there, so not really keen.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I've not yet really started to do more than vaguely muse about how to decorate -- too much going on in the open world still -- but I see a few in this thread talking about redoing the walls.  How is this done?  I have yet to find out how to select them, and they don't show up yellow in X-Ray vision.  As far as I can tell, short of deleting the whole pre-fab, the building is stuck as it is.

On 9/3/2024 at 6:20 PM, Cronospere.8143 said:

Good topic!

I did the same thing and I also arranged them slightly differently.

18 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I've not yet really started to do more than vaguely muse about how to decorate -- too much going on in the open world still -- but I see a few in this thread talking about redoing the walls.  How is this done?  I have yet to find out how to select them, and they don't show up yellow in X-Ray vision.  As far as I can tell, short of deleting the whole pre-fab, the building is stuck as it is.

We are referring the the ones that make up the wall that goes around the entire area kinda like a fence. I removed all of them and then maxed sized them and replaced them. Doing it that way takes up way fewer wall pieces. If you don't like them tall you can sink them into the ground to whatever height you want.

• Thanks 2