Guess I won't be crafting Feast of Stuffed Zucchinis...

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

That's a bit odd for just the recipe for a feast, given single stuffed zucchini's seem to be next to nothing

That's general problem with some of the old recipes that included a common and cheap component that massively spiked in price since, due to series of changes to mostly unrelated game system.

Hint: MCs were never supposed to cost as much. When Anet made the change to dailies that caused MC prices to soar, that price change was also unintentional. When it was going up, from original few silvers to more than ten times that price, they were still insisting then that the price's going to crash any time soon. That was before it crossed 1 gold threshold, btw. At some point they decided that the change in price is completely fine (even after they were making one after another unsuccesful attempts to stop the price still going up), but never actually bothered to address the recipes that assumed the MCs as crafting components were really cheap.

So, basically, Anet does not go back to fix old stuff for such "minor" issues, unless the change was in players' favour.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

no, i'm pretty sure no one is expecting a tray of stuff zucchinis before a boss fight 😛

You only eat before boss-fights? Sad life. Some people like to entertain good friends who happen to like stuffed zucchini for the taste.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

no one is really expecting you to...

This. Very much this.

1 hour ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

you would be surprised!

21 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

no, i'm pretty sure no one is expecting a tray of stuff zucchinis before a boss fight 😛

17 minutes ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

You only eat before boss-fights? Sad life. Some people like to entertain good friends who happen to like stuffed zucchini for the taste.

And when called out about no one being interested in whether the OP makes feasts of stuffed zucchinis or not, the OP gives nonsensical answers. Out of all the things in Guild Wars 2 that one could post about - either praising or complaining about something significant in the game - the OP posts about the cost of the recipe for something I've never seen anyone make? Is the OP bored? Trolling? Making an inane joke? Or what? Why even bother to make a thread about such a trivial matter?

For the record - I don't just eat before boss fights. I make ascended food for the alts I play the most and they use the 12 hour primers when they eat it. My WvW guild puts down ascended food of all kinds for our daily runs. Everyone contributes to the cost of the food. No one has ever asked for a feast of stuffed zucchinis 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

I mean, i don't want to sound rude, but if you're serving me Zuccs at dinner, i'm going to judge you for it 😛 at least bring out the good stuff 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

I mean, i don't want to sound rude, but if you're serving me Zuccs at dinner, i'm going to judge you for it 😛 at least bring out the good stuff 😉

If I were to count you amongst my "good friends" (which I don't 😛 ) you'd get the good stuff you fancy.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Out of all the things in Guild Wars 2 that one could post about - either praising or complaining about something significant in the game - the OP posts about the cost of the recipe for something I've never seen anyone make? Is the OP bored? Trolling? Making an inane joke? Or what? Why even bother to make a thread about such a trivial matter?

You should defo alert the mods!

Edit: puzzled by the "never seen anyone make"... you mean literally, as in, you watch people crafting and ask what they craft? Otherwise - you can buy them on the TP, dunno if they drop. And here is a hint - they are about the cheapest food to buy in order to salvage Masterwork Extract of Nourishment afaik.

Edited by Sonderm.4639
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hmm should Anet look through various crafting recipes and update the material requirements?

Chief, artificer, maybe for the consumables crafted in the other professions?

Are some recipes not crafted because other recipes are cheaper to make?  In a better world the reasons that determine what consumables to craft would be because of effects provided and the magnitude and duration of those effects.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

If only you needn't to salvage lots of non-ascended food to craft ascended food and the stuffed zucchini are pretty neat for that.

Sell the mystic coins.   Buy the cultivated leaves off the TP.  Make the ascended feasts.  Easy peasy.   And you should make some profit.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's general problem with some of the old recipes that included a common and cheap component that massively spiked in price since, due to series of changes to mostly unrelated game system.

Hint: MCs were never supposed to cost as much. When Anet made the change to dailies that caused MC prices to soar, that price change was also unintentional. When it was going up, from original few silvers to more than ten times that price, they were still insisting then that the price's going to crash any time soon. That was before it crossed 1 gold threshold, btw. At some point they decided that the change in price is completely fine (even after they were making one after another unsuccesful attempts to stop the price still going up), but never actually bothered to address the recipes that assumed the MCs as crafting components were really cheap.

So, basically, Anet does not go back to fix old stuff for such "minor" issues, unless the change was in players' favour.

Mystic coins largely cost as much as they do due to market manipulators. Like real world diamonds, they're incredibly plentiful and should be dirt cheap, but they're being hoarded to create artificial scarcity. Add that to the fact that the coins are used to make any legendary item (as a part of mystic clovers, or as a huge part of the mystic tribute for gen 2 weapons/trinkets), and anything else that uses mystic coins automatically gets swept up in the artificial inflation.

In the case of this recipe, you could pay the ~50 gold to make your recipe and then make the feasts whenever you want for very little cost, or you could just buy the feasts on the TP since they're quite cheap.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Sell the mystic coins.   Buy the cultivated leaves off the TP.  Make the ascended feasts.  Easy peasy.   And you should make some profit.  

I wasn't really planning to drop the MC on that recipe. The way to make a profit is to grow the cultivated stuff, gather them with gather bonuses equipped and sell it. The catch is - crafting the seed pouches is such a hassle (because of the food salvaging involved) that I don't think it is worth the effort. The zucchini feast at crafting cost might have helped.

• Confused 4

Doesn't the fact that you bothered to complain about this show that there is some value to this recipe? If there was no reason to get it, nobody would even mention it.

So you can either pay the price and have the convenience of that recipe unlocked for your account permanently. Or don't and do whatever you do without it. Isn't it that simple?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/6/2024 at 4:23 PM, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

Mystic coins largely cost as much as they do due to market manipulators. Like real world diamonds, they're incredibly plentiful and should be dirt cheap, but they're being hoarded to create artificial scarcity. Add that to the fact that the coins are used to make any legendary item (as a part of mystic clovers, or as a huge part of the mystic tribute for gen 2 weapons/trinkets), and anything else that uses mystic coins automatically gets swept up in the artificial inflation.

In the case of this recipe, you could pay the ~50 gold to make your recipe and then make the feasts whenever you want for very little cost, or you could just buy the feasts on the TP since they're quite cheap.

Considering that most of Mystic Coins generation originally (ane even after the first daily rewards change) came from the large pool of casual players, the very idea that them withholding from selling was an organized action in order to influence economy is a joke.

No, the cause was much simpler. Players got their MCs from login rewards, saw that their price was still coming up, and decided to not sell yet. Anet simply forgot to consider players in their calculations. And then refused to admit to making a mistake.

That was what allowed the relatively small group to control the market later. Unlike Anet, they did understand how player minds worked.

And now, of course, the introduction of vault massively decreased the impact of casual players on MC prices which shifted the situation even more towards those that play the market to their advantage.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Considering that most of Mystic Coins generation originally (ane even after the first daily rewards change) came from the large pool of casual players, the very idea that them withholding from selling was an organized action in order to influence economy is a joke.

No, the cause was much simpler. Players got their MCs from login rewards, saw that their price was still coming up, and decided to not sell yet. Anet simply forgot to consider players in their calculations. And then refused to admit to making a mistake.

That was what allowed the relatively small group to control the market later. Unlike Anet, they did understand how player minds worked.

And now, of course, the introduction of vault massively decreased the impact of casual players on MC prices which shifted the situation even more towards those that play the market to their advantage.

What a roundabout way to agree with me. I didn't say anything about how we got here, but you're right that it wasn't always this way.

15 minutes ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

What a roundabout way to agree with me. I didn't say anything about how we got here, but you're right that it wasn't always this way.

My point was that sure, the price is partially influenced by market manipulators, but that can happen only because Anet messed up and basically allowed it to happen. And when that control slipped from those manipulators at one point, the changes to MC acquisition "corrected" that once again.

Basically, market manipulation on MCs happens only because it is actively enabled by Anet. Whether it is intentional or not.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Your mum didn't expect one on her wedding night, and yet here you are. 🥴🥴

A TRAY though bro? 

idk though, this screams that one economist guy they used to employ probably came up with this recipe.  Then they fired him / he left, and now only zucchini remains.