Guild wars 3

7 minutes ago, gmmg.9210 said:

Not a google translation. Bilingual players have confirmed it’s correct.

Well, then there really is no more reason to keep playing GW2, because this means it no longer has the proper resources dedicated to it to be a satisfying game.

Let's hope they will show more longterm-dedication to GW3 than to its prequels. I don't find it very desireable to start a new online multiplayer RPG every 5-10 years. I also hope a new GW game will meet my criteria, but who knows? I might be playing something else by then.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

We don't know it's GW3 until it is officially confirmed. And some so-so Google translation of hearsay is no real confirmation, is it?

They cut the IBS short in favor of the next expansion, End of Dragons, not because they were working on a different game. Please get your facts straight.

Hopefully one of better quality than the current state of GW2, which is boring, repetitive and disappointing in many ways.

first point is talked already time will tell

second no ibs was not small bcs eod. it was small when released for free with no elites.

anet was working on a game that time besides gw2 and it was said that ibs is the future way they want go. ( sounds familiar?)

because anet rarely do as they say in the long term.

been there done that many times over the years

• Confused 6

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, then there really is no more reason to keep playing GW2, because this means it no longer has the proper resources dedicated to it to be a satisfying game.

Let's hope they will show more longterm-dedication to GW3 than to its prequels. I don't find it very desireable to start a new online multiplayer RPG every 5-10 years. I also hope a new GW game will meet my criteria, but who knows? I might be playing something else by then.

Gw2 can still be played and we can still expect updates! Just nothing as major as the first three expansions we got being released at one time.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Do you, like, not understand what you're repeatedly quoting in your own posts or what is happening right now?

Well yeah because people aren’t getting the message lol, or keep denying it. But I don’t mind reiterating.

Video game development is a lot of PR. To not know that is to not know how the game industry works. Ncsoft spoke legalese just like anet did when making an official statement. But to an investor spoke the honest truth with no reservations. 

Anet is not spending all their time on gw2, their resources are divided. If you want to cope that’s your prerogative 

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Like 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

On 4/12/2024 at 4:11 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Why is this meaningful? I mean Anet has literally said that this was the new format going forward, so there's not really anything special about you looking back and saying "I called it" after Anet already said they would do this. 🤷‍♂️

thats not how time works lol

me saying something first and later anet saying the same but now it s anet said it before me because u read anets statement is 2 years old 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

Yes, that is exactly what happened. He was under duress and had to say something, ANYTHING, to get them to back off. They were basically questioning why he should remain in his current position.

Wishful thinking Id call that

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Again, nothing that ArenaNet said or didn't say has anything to do with my post.  Try to keep up, please. 

I said: I don't know.  Why are we to believe one thing NCSoft says, but disregard the opposite thing they say right after? Again, it must be nice...

Ohh sorry I misread then. Same rules apply here though. Legalese to us to maintain retention and player investment, and the red pill without sugar coating it to the investor.

Also they weren’t “opposite things”. One was just a nicer more carefully worded way of saying it so that all the gw2 diehards like us would still feel there’s a bright future for gw2, and our time isn’t being wasted knowing gw3 is coming.

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

13 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

You seem to have lots of inside information on Anet.

Could you share some info on gw2's next expansion?

Haha I wish, but many game dev studios kinda work like this. They do one thing while having another “project” floating in the background. Slowly it becomes the new big project while everyone still thinks the older thing is the focus.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I dont think that ANet will have sufficient goodwill from the existing GW2 playerbase to create a solid foundation upon which to build a new playerbase for a GW3 MMORPG. Continuation of the current direction and level of investment in GW2 seems likely to further erode the potential playerbase of a possible GW3. After some serious consideration Ive come to realize that any GW3 would need to be something beyond human capability in order to get me to spend money on it. I just dont have anything resembling a touch of faith that ANet has the ability to produce something good at this point. I doubt their vision and their competence. I hang around playing a bit of WvW with friends while being constantly reminded of just how far the studio has fallen over the past few years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

Gw2 can still be played and we can still expect updates! Just nothing as major as the first three expansions we got being released at one time.

Exactly. The game will clearly never have proper content drops again, if ANet's focus is on developing GW3. That was my point. I am not going to continue to play GW2 when it has the impertinence to sell stuff like SotO Update 1 as a "major update". Sorry. That's just wasting my time. And all the great old content I have already played through on a minimum of 9 (and a maximum of 13) characters, so that's more than enough and not very exciting to repeat.

9 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

anet was working on a game that time besides gw2 and it was said that ibs is the future way they want go.

That was before the IBS (during Season 4) and had nothing to do with suddenly cutting the IBS short halfway through the Season.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Exactly. The game will clearly never have proper content drops again, if ANet's focus is on developing GW3. That was my point. I am not going to continue to play GW2 when it has the impertinence to sell stuff like SotO Update 1 as a "major update". Sorry. That's just wasting my time. And all the great old content I have already played through on a minimum of 9 (and a maximum of 13) characters, so that's more than enough and not very exciting to repeat.

That was before the IBS (during Season 4) and had nothing to do with suddenly cutting the IBS short halfway through the Season.

point is anet already abandoned the expansion system at isb than ncsoft told them to do expansions again 

u can look up the game director of that time saying gw2 can be sustained without paid expansions

thats btw why i believe ncsoft more when they say gw3 will happen than anet saying that they consider everything main focus bla bla bla in the end ncsoft pushes the buttons

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

thats btw why i believe ncsoft more when they say gw3 will happen than anet saying that they consider everything main focus bla bla bla in the end ncsoft pushes the buttons

In this case there's nothing Anet said we could believe because what they said was a non-statement filled with only lack of information. They confirmed nothing, denied nothing. As such, there's nothing to believe in or disbelieve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

In this case there's nothing Anet said we could believe because what they said was a non-statement filled with only lack of information. They confirmed nothing, denied nothing. As such, there's nothing to believe in or disbelieve.

agree with u

my last comment to this topic

personal i don't need gw3 i hope not gw2 to die im in the top 2% of gw2 player on gwefficency.

my account value is crazy high with lots ap.

i wish they could transfer the full game to unreal engine 5 and keep all stuff.

now reality

anet is a company they will do new products

and gw3 will not let us keep our stuff. it will be best for anet to make money. and judging how gw2 content goes its already on minimal effort.

we cant stop time and gw2 will be here at least 2 more years so no panic but stay realistic gw3 is on the way

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Okay I procrastinated a lot of this comment . Gw3 was suggested a countless times on the board there a 2 types of reasons

1. Features which were/are missing in Gw2 and can't be added anymore.
  2. A lot of changes which alienated the player base.

Actually to all of it can be made countless hours of youtube video so I try to be as dense as possible.

to 1.)

What comes to my mind is the now super old LFG system and the ditch of the dual class system.

Especially the dual class while GW1 didn't invent it. It came from BG and then before that from D&D. It was copied many times by other MMOs. Like  first ROM(GW1 +WoW+ Asia Grinder + p2w(+p2progess) fusion) , then PoE said why not get rid of the class limits itself for the most part. Then we had with Dragon Prophet(ROM 2.0 don't exist anymore) a MMO which replaced the sec class with the skills of your mount/battle pet. Later Icarus tried to redo it. Also Warframe has also inspiration of Gw1 dual class system. Now even Wow taskes inspiration from  it.

I can say without doubt this is a feature some people miss.

2.)Changes are a part of the evolution of MMOs but often players leave when they got hit by it besides people grow up and have other things to do . Its what winds down MMOs player base over time.  The problem here is Arena.NET was always inconsistent inconsistent the worst kind of inconsistent . This topic alone is enough for a 10 part video series but a few highlights:

• In vanilla they changed the max gear from exotic to ascended
  • They changed with HoT parts of the player base focus => crashed on google trend
  • Replacing dungeon with fractals then changing what fractals are to dungeon(in length)
  • Replacing Raids with Strike mission

Especially around season 5 things were very bad Drizzling Wood became an Asian MMO simulator and it seems like all content get replaced in the future. In general there are very few part which weren't changed a lot. I know the reason was most senior devs got let go because of pressure from NCsoft which then the new people in charge pulled the ship so to speak in a new direction but this really hurt the game.

So basically for GW 3:

1. Know your playerbase or what it should be
  2. Be consitent
  3. Improve your class system so it allows for more freedom
  4. Improve your LFG and PVP System
  5. Plan your expansion ahead of time
  6. Give players stuff to grind for but not too crazy
  7. Good Story
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

15 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

first point is talked already time will tell

second no ibs was not small bcs eod. it was small when released for free with no elites.

anet was working on a game that time besides gw2 and it was said that ibs is the future way they want go. ( sounds familiar?)

because anet rarely do as they say in the long term.

been there done that many times over the years

Hey, I think you missed these posts:

Pls include the confirmation requested by Inculpatus and the links to your predictions.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
  • Features which were/are missing in Gw2 and can't be added anymore.
  • A lot of changes which alienated the player base.

GW3 can and should not be GW2 just "better". That would never be enough to please the existing player base, get attention from new players nor would it be enough to make any investor even waste a thought on it. If this is what they aim for they should rework the existing game bit by bit. GW3 needs to be atleast as different as GW1 and GW2 are so either a whole new genre (MOBA, Solo-RPG, Shooter) or a MMORPG that aims at a much different audience.

So of course they work on GW3 as they maybe did years ago and maybe they even work on GW4 and GW5 but I think they will be no successors but new installments in the Guild Wars franchise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Hey, I think you missed these posts:

Pls include the confirmation requested by Inculpatus and the links to your predictions.

do ur own research u think im ur worker? some people just bcs online feel very entitled lol

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

do ur own research u think im ur worker? some people just bcs online feel very entitled lol

So you didn't predict anything and just make up some random things to baselessly claim you're correct when you're not, clear.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I totally understand your position. Getting Soto style piece meal updates isn’t necessarily the most exciting thing to look forward to. If a game isn’t bringing enjoyment or fulfillment or it isn’t entertaining then it’s definitely a good idea to put it down or play something else. It’s always just about having fun for me.

For me just messing around in pvp and trying builds is super fun and addicting so I keep playing, but if it wasn’t or it got boring I’d stop immediately.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

Okay I procrastinated a lot of this comment . Gw3 was suggested a countless times on the board there a 2 types of reasons

1. Features which were/are missing in Gw2 and can't be added anymore.
  2. A lot of changes which alienated the player base.

Actually to all of it can be made countless hours of youtube video so I try to be as dense as possible.

to 1.)

What comes to my mind is the now super old LFG system and the ditch of the dual class system.

Especially the dual class while GW1 didn't invent it. It came from BG and then before that from D&D. It was copied many times by other MMOs. Like  first ROM(GW1 +WoW+ Asia Grinder + p2w(+p2progess) fusion) , then PoE said why not get rid of the class limits itself for the most part. Then we had with Dragon Prophet(ROM 2.0 don't exist anymore) a MMO which replaced the sec class with the skills of your mount/battle pet. Later Icarus tried to redo it. Also Warframe has also inspiration of Gw1 dual class system. Now even Wow taskes inspiration from  it.

I can say without doubt this is a feature some people miss.

2.)Changes are a part of the evolution of MMOs but often players leave when they got hit by it besides people grow up and have other things to do . Its what winds down MMOs player base over time.  The problem here is Arena.NET was always inconsistent inconsistent the worst kind of inconsistent . This topic alone is enough for a 10 part video series but a few highlights:

• In vanilla they changed the max gear from exotic to ascended
  • They changed with HoT parts of the player base focus => crashed on google trend
  • Replacing dungeon with fractals then changing what fractals are to dungeon(in length)
  • Replacing Raids with Strike mission

Especially around season 5 things were very bad Drizzling Wood became an Asian MMO simulator and it seems like all content get replaced in the future. In general there are very few part which weren't changed a lot. I know the reason was most senior devs got let go because of pressure from NCsoft which then the new people in charge pulled the ship so to speak in a new direction but this really hurt the game.

So basically for GW 3:

1. Know your playerbase or what it should be
  2. Be consitent
  3. Improve your class system so it allows for more freedom
  4. Improve your LFG and PVP System
  5. Plan your expansion ahead of time
  6. Give players stuff to grind for but not too crazy
  7. Good Story

I would say for gw3 do at least like three things:

1. New game engine, unreal 5. This will make the work flow for updating the game far easier without weird old spaghetti code getting in the way and creating problems in the future (lots of bugs for example).

2. Do not scope creep. Whatever you do, stick to it and do not reinvent the wheel every expansion/ update. Gw2 has a massive bloat problem. New systems being added, new boons during expansions, abandon one mode and go to another etc.

They need to stick to their guns on whatever comes out and stop bloating up the game with weird new mechanics/systems/ modes that can push away newer players who don’t know what’s going on.

3. Whatever is made, must continually be supported. 

No more abandoning modes. No more 5 year droughts for pvp or promising “alliances” for wvw and taking an eternity to release it. Whatever end game comes out must have consistent updates.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

Just now, gmmg.9210 said:

I would say for gw3 do at least like three things:

1. New game engine, unreal 5. This will make the work flow for updating the game far easier without weird old spaghetti code getting in the way and creating problems in the future (lots of bugs for example).

2. Do not scope creep. Whatever you do, stick to it and do not reinvent the wheel every expansion/ update. Gw2 has a massive bloat problem. New systems being added, new boons during expansions, abandon one mode and go to another etc.

They need to stick to their guns on whatever comes out and stop bloating up the game with weird new mechanics/systems/ modes that can push away newer players who don’t know what’s going on.

3. Whatever is made, must continually be supported. 

No more abandoning modes. No more 5 year droughts for pvp or promising “alliances” for wvw and taking an eternity to release it. Whatever end game comes out must have consistent updates.

All of which is impossible to commit to. Leadership changes. Teams change. Ideas and approaches change. Finances change. Gaming trends change. Real world intrudes. No ongoing game with the scope of an mmo is going to maintain the status quo throughout its life for better or worse.

There’s no point saying “it MUST” happen because it won’t be able to commit to it. Reality just doesn’t work that. Things always change.

Whatever new game they might decide to green light, I can’t see an mmo sequel being as successful as GW2. The mmo market for new games is declining rapidly and developing one only to slip into the same cycle just for a new setting and characters seems wasteful. I doubt a new GW game will be an MMORPG, but something else

It’s all moot anyway. Nothing is green lit and when it eventually does happen, it’s many years away. One can only hope GW2 strengthens before then to prevent dissatisfaction with its brand, because that is the bigger risk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Did you stop reading that quote after the first sentence?

You're the one who's "not getting the message lol" and "keep denying it".

Btw I like how you're quoting "Do you, like, not understand what you're repeatedly quoting in your own posts" question and respond with... "well yeah...". 😅 

I guess selective listening really is a thing lol. I know what the quote says. I’m telling you that the quote is PR jargon. I keep saying this so let’s explain some stuff about PR lol:

From Wikipedia:

“The aim of public relations is to inform the public, prospective customers, investors, partners, employees, and other stakeholders, and persuade them to maintain a positive or favorable view about the organization, its leadership, products, or political decisions.

“Public relations specialists establish and maintain relationships with an organization's target audience, the media, relevant trade media, and other opinion leaders.”

So whenever NCsoft or Anet make a public statement to everyone, they have to keep in mind that they’re talking to their targeted audience. You and I are their target audience, their customers.

So if they say “Hey guys we’re making GW3, but can’t say anything yet;)” That’s bad PR. Why is that bad PR? Because it tells their customers that all play GW2 that a new guild wars game is gonna come out. 
This could backfire easily. People could begin to think that Anet doesn’t care about GW2 anymore. They could think their time playing the game is being wasted because none of it is being supported anymore due to GW3. Hell that’s kind of already happening on a much smaller scale, and that’s with good PR.

Anet and ncsoft can’t just lie though. If they say “Nope. No GW3, not being made.” Then that will bite them in the behind years later when it’s actually announced. People turn against them for lying to everyone, and they lose money potentially. 

So what do they do? They use lawyer speak:) They say something like:

”We’re considering future projects but at the moment we’re steadfast working on GW2.”

This is an intentionally misleading statement. 

But this allows them to have their cake and eat it too. Now they can keep giving us Gw2 mini expansions (like they already said they would) AND work on GW3 at the same time (splitting their resources between the two). 
And when it’s time to announce GW3 it looks like they’ve lived up to continuously supporting Gw2 (which technically they have, it just wasn’t large updates at once like the first 3 expacs), and they weren’t lying because they said previously “We’re considering future projects..” which turned out to pan out into Gw3.

But the leak tells a more comprehensive story. And that’s what’s important. The leak suggests that they’re not merely playing around with the idea of GW3, but actively working on it. And that makes sense considering us getting smaller sized packaged expacs for GW2, because their resources are divided between GW2 and GW3. 
Cope.

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, gmmg.9210 said:

I guess selective listening really is a thing lol. I know what the quote says. I’m telling you that the quote is PR jargon. I keep saying this so let’s explain some stuff about PR lol:

From Wikipedia:

“The aim of public relations is to inform the public, prospective customers, investors, partners, employees, and other stakeholders, and persuade them to maintain a positive or favorable view about the organization, its leadership, products, or political decisions.

“Public relations specialists establish and maintain relationships with an organization's target audience, the media, relevant trade media, and other opinion leaders.”

So whenever NCsoft or Anet make a public statement to everyone, they have to keep in mind that they’re talking to their targeted audience. You and I are their target audience, their customers.

So if they say “Hey guys we’re making GW3, but can’t say anything yet;)” That’s bad PR. Why is that bad PR? Because it tells their customers that all play GW2 that a new guild wars game is gonna come out. 
This could backfire easily. People could begin to think that Anet doesn’t care about GW2 anymore. They could think their time playing the game is being wasted because none of it is being supported anymore due to GW3. Hell that’s kind of already happening on a much smaller scale, and that’s with good PR.

Anet and ncsoft can’t just lie though. If they say “Nope. No GW3, not being made.” Then that will bite them in the behind years later when it’s actually announced. People turn against them for lying to everyone, and they lose money potentially. 

So what do they do? They use lawyer speak:) They say something like:

”We’re considering future projects but at the moment we’re steadfast working on GW2.”

This is an intentionally misleading statement. 

But this allows them to have their cake and eat it too. Now they can keep giving us Gw2 mini expansions (like they already said they would) AND work on GW3 at the same time (splitting their resources between the two). 
And when it’s time to announce GW3 it looks like they’ve lived up to continuously supporting Gw2 (which technically they have, it just wasn’t large updates at once like the first 3 expacs), and they weren’t lying because they said previously “We’re considering future projects..” which turned out to pan out into Gw3.

But the leak tells a more comprehensive story. And that’s what’s important. The leak suggests that they’re not merely playing around with the idea of GW3, but actively working on it. And that makes sense considering us getting smaller sized packaged expacs for GW2, because their resources are divided between GW2 and GW3. 
Cope.

The only "definition" you're using here to label it as "PR jargon" is whether or not you want to consider it as true. And since you don't want to believe what they say, you simply throw out monstly meaningless "PR jargon!" and just like that,in your mind you're free to dismiss whatever you want 🙃 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The only "definition" you're using here to label it as "PR jargon" is whether or not you want to consider it as true. And since you don't want to believe what they say, you simply throw out monstly meaningless "PR jargon!" and just like that,in your mind you're free to dismiss whatever you want 🙃 

We have to consider everything being said, both behind closed doors that was leaked, and to us by these companies as public statements.

If what the leak said was not true, it would be easy as pie to dismiss in a public statement. Why deal with backlash if the rumor isn’t even real?

But that didn’t happen. Both anet and NCsoft said something like: “GW3 is still under consideration, but for the moment the company has its eyes solely on GW2.” 

We know this is PR jargon because it’s not rejecting the leak. All they have to do is say “Lol, no Gw3 guys sorry, we only making GW2.” But they never are saying that. They’re saying stuff like they’re “considering” making Gw3 and they’re “exploring the idea of future projects”.

It doesn’t need to be that complicated. If there’s no GW3, then they’d say it. But they’re not. They’re beating around the bush and using legalese and lawyer speak for better PR.

And they’re using carefully selected word choices because they want you, yes you, to keep playing their game.

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1