Boosted characters which I play mainly in WvW.... wasted money due to your nerf on cele, YOU gave me cele gear.

Thron Stal.9367

the boost costs what 2k gems?
turn that into gold is more than 500g and enough to buy multiple sets from the vendor in WvW, as a mainly WvW player you should not be lacking WvW currency in there or tomes to level up the characters.

there are changes to balance all the time in this game, do i need to ask for refunds on all the template/bag slots i bought for characters that recieved a nerf? no.
for the goal of a balance patch is not to make something un-viable, it is to bring it in line. granted anet does fail at that regularly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Thron Stal.9367 said:

Why did you give me Cele gear when I boosted my characters?

You used to get Soldier gear with the level 80 booster, which was incredibly not good.

You had all the power, but no precision or ferocity, so power damage was too low, and that was the best you could expect... forget about condition damage or support, they were impossible to try out with Soldier gear.

So a change was made, and quite rightly so, to have Celestial gear in the level 80 booster, since with that you can try power damage, condition damage as well as support builds.

That's why they gave you Celestial gear when you boosted your character, and to answer your hypothetical follow up question, it's getting nerfed now because some players think they keep losing in WvW because of it, and after they keep losing even with the nerf they'll find something else to blame.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As far as I have understood the patch notes, they only remove concentration and expertise. That is still 7 stats left and 3-4 more than any other player. Is it really only those two stats in celestial gear that decide whether you win or lose a fight? In that case, I fear the nerf is overdue.

If I complained like that after every patch that broke one of my builds, I would have quit right after the launch of Heart of Thorns. And yes, it is builds = multiple. Depending on the size of the patch-notes, I sometimes have to re-gear multiple characters. The rune/relic-patch has crushed me ... 9 builds, where I had to re-gear as a result. Or think about the Rune of Torment nerf. That thing alone lead to hundreds of characters needing new gear sets.

As a WvW main, you should have easy access to gear anyway. There is not much you can spend your money on. If you play active, ascended should also be quite easy to acquire. Yet you complain about the "paid" exotic stuff?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/14/2024 at 5:38 PM, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

As far as I have understood the patch notes, they only remove concentration and expertise. That is still 7 stats left and 3-4 more than any other player. Is it really only those two stats in celestial gear that decide whether you win or lose a fight? In that case, I fear the nerf is overdue.

If I complained like that after every patch that broke one of my builds, I would have quit right after the launch of Heart of Thorns. And yes, it is builds = multiple. Depending on the size of the patch-notes, I sometimes have to re-gear multiple characters. The rune/relic-patch has crushed me ... 9 builds, where I had to re-gear as a result. Or think about the Rune of Torment nerf. That thing alone lead to hundreds of characters needing new gear sets.

As a WvW main, you should have easy access to gear anyway. There is not much you can spend your money on. If you play active, ascended should also be quite easy to acquire. Yet you complain about the "paid" exotic stuff?

If you go back to May 2021 when Anet buffed Celestial (to include Concentration and Expertise) the general opinion of Celestial was that it was bad.  That the changes wouldn't move the needle on Celestial being good enough to outperform 4 stat gearing.  Players generally didn't realize the power of Hybrid builds yet.

This change back to no Concentration and Expertise effectively removes Celestial from WvW since Hybrid builds needed those stats for Condi and Boon application.  It should mean we see players gearing more for a specific role (Power, Condi, Support) which has it's positives, but removes an entire playstyle.

That Anet couldn't find a way to balance Celestial builds is a shame, but they probably want simple and quick solutions to the problems game development has.  And this change is that, quick and easy for them.

What I think is interesting is that they decided to remove 2 of 9 stats on Celestial rather than adjust the entire stat cost down and leave Concentration and Expertise included.  They could remove the same number of stat points across all stats on Celestial gear and see the impact that has.  It would probably keep Celestial builds available but drop their performance against 4 stat combos.

Edited by mungozen.2379
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2024 at 6:58 AM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

You used to get Soldier gear with the level 80 booster, which was incredibly not good.

You had all the power, but no precision or ferocity, so power damage was too low, and that was the best you could expect... forget about condition damage or support, they were impossible to try out with Soldier gear.

So a change was made, and quite rightly so, to have Celestial gear in the level 80 booster, since with that you can try power damage, condition damage as well as support builds.

That's why they gave you Celestial gear when you boosted your character, and to answer your hypothetical follow up question, it's getting nerfed now because some players think they keep losing in WvW because of it, and after they keep losing even with the nerf they'll find something else to blame.

Now there is the exact truth, the whiners win again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/14/2024 at 6:59 PM, Riba.3271 said:

Overpowered things get nerfed. Live with it.

Or maybe address the skills that over perform? Do I need to look up your replies on the calls to nerf PvT and Knights as well? Let alone TB and other calls to nerf gear sets? Nerfing gear sets is a terribad call in all game modes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 9/14/2024 at 11:54 PM, Thron Stal.9367 said:

Why did you give me Cele gear when I boosted my characters?   I mainly play WvW.   I feel screwed over!!!  Wasted REAL LIFE money!

Before the change to cele gear it was soldier gear (power, toughness, vitality).

Would that make you happier?

Also it is just some exotic gear - as wvw player you can go to Ted and just change it. Or gear up ascended with infusions as you're supposed to do.

14 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

So is buffing gear sets.

By nerfing cele they are just fixing a mistake they made 3 years ago. Nothing else.

This is less about Cele and more about:

"With this update, we're introducing the tech to adjust equipment's attribute distribution and the amount of attributes it provides on a per game–mode basis."

So do you want the limited system that sPvP offers or a more open one that WvW has? 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 3:27 PM, bq pd.2148 said:

the boost costs what 2k gems?
turn that into gold is more than 500g

huh? that's a weird argument for a thing that's account bound and can't even be taken out of shared inventory except to consume it. I got a number of those boosts along with DLC. They can't be un-used once you've consumed it tho.

unless you mean buying a boost separately from a DLC and spending that money on gems instead.... seems to make your argument be that OP should have foreseen the future. ???

Edited by willow.8209

23 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

This is less about Cele and more about:

"With this update, we're introducing the tech to adjust equipment's attribute distribution and the amount of attributes it provides on a per game–mode basis."

So do you want the limited system that sPvP offers or a more open one that WvW has? 

This topic is about cele, the post you quoted initially is about cele and so far cele is the only gear that is getting adjusted and it is only getting reverted to its original state. No further changes to gear have been announced.

Discussing about what might happen to stats in the future is moot, because we don't even know if they will ever make use of that "new tech" again. So far they just said the option is there. And nothing indicates that they want to limit WvW the same as sPvP.

40 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

This topic is about cele, the post you quoted initially is about cele and so far cele is the only gear that is getting adjusted and it is only getting reverted to its original state. No further changes to gear have been announced.

Discussing about what might happen to stats in the future is moot, because we don't even know if they will ever make use of that "new tech" again. So far they just said the option is there. And nothing indicates that they want to limit WvW the same as sPvP.

Read the full dev post. They are indicating Cele is first that then allows them to adjust others as they did in sPvP. Did I change the quote?

21 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Read the full dev post. They are indicating Cele is first that then allows them to adjust others as they did in sPvP. Did I change the quote?

They just say they "may use" it again. This doesn't mean they will, it's just a maybe. So again, we have absolutely no clue what further changes to stats might or might not happen in the future and whether it ends up making the game better or worse.

Even if they end up changing more stats, it has nothing to do with sPvP which uses a completely different gearing system (which they could implement into WvW if they wanted to - but they don't) and where the gearing limitations are not the result of stats getting changed individually, but rather caused by the lack of combinations (18 vs 48!) and the inability to mix those. Neither will be applied to WvW.

Edited by Zyreva.1078

7 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

They just say they "may use" it again. This doesn't mean they will, it's just a maybe. So again, we have absolutely no clue what further changes to stats might or might not happen in the future and whether it ends up making the game better or worse.

May...and we now have the tech to do that. How many sets did we lose in sPvP with this tech? Again a big no. I appreciate you seeing this as a glass half full but I doubt that track record stops at one set. This is a bad idea versus a bigger balance change. So no, I disagree.

On 9/14/2024 at 6:59 PM, Riba.3271 said:

Overpowered things get nerfed. Live with it.

Still waiting for Willbender/Deadyeye/Renegade/Mirage/Elite Necro Death Shroud nerfs...I'm not holding my breath though - I would've died of asphyxiation years ago.

Edited by Papaj.9035

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

How many sets did we lose in sPvP with this tech?

Zero.

1. "This tech" does not apply to sPvP and sPvP system will not apply to WvW. You are comparing two completely different systems and pretend it's going to be the same.

2. They nerfed 4-stat amulets in sPvP - and they are still played. They nerfed cele amulet - and it was still played (that was a weaker version than the original cele that we are going back to in WvW, mind you).

Edited by Zyreva.1078