Homestead: Am I the only one annoyed...?

...that the rest of the decoration will be released between November and next summer?

At least the decoration that already exists for Guild Halls (and is not Festival related) should be released now instead of bit by bit. They have tied those to the Mastery Track, I assume, but seriously, a whole year for decoration items that have already been available to decorators for a decade? That's torture. 🫠

Every day I enter my Homestead, my fingers itch as I know what I want to place where. It will only take me nine more months to finally be able to do so. Ack! That's more taxing than being pregnant! 😂

• Like 10
  • Confused 9

Believe me, you're not the only one. That preview video we were shown had all sorts of decorations that are not available at launch. I was eagerly awaiting things like the rollerbeetle racetracks so I could build other structures, but...nope, have to wait for its release. Whenever that will be. Or the Canthan bridge decorations so I could put a pretty little bridge over the streams in the homestead - nope, can't do that. (So as a temporary measure, I now have the World's Least Pedestrian-Friendly Bridge somewhere on my property. It's just some of the garden walls mashed together. I'd hate to be on that thing when it rains...imagine how slick the stones would get.)

If there had been some sort of disclaimer - or just communication, period - about "not all decorations shown will be available at launch", then that wouldn't be a problem. But as it is now, all the talk about "wowsers there will be 800+ decorations when all's said and done!" falls flat when you realize that the vast majority of those 800+ decorations are things we already have in the guild halls being arbitrarily held back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

If there had been some sort of disclaimer - or just communication, period - about "not all decorations shown will be available at launch", then that wouldn't be a problem. But as it is now, all the talk about "wowsers there will be 800+ decorations when all's said and done!" falls flat when you realize that the vast majority of those 800+ decorations are things we already have in the guild halls being arbitrarily held back.

I am almost certain they said exactly that in the Janthir Wilds pre launch announcements and discussions, that there would be 300 (or similar) decorations on launch and then more would be added during the year.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I am almost certain they said exactly that in the Janthir Wilds pre launch announcements and discussions, that there would be 300 (or similar) decorations on launch and then more would be added during the year.

Yes, they did! 300-ish decorations available at launch, adding up to 800-ish decorations released throughout the entire expansion period. Hence why I said "...there will be 800+ decorations when all's said and done."

From the PC Gamer article:

Over 300 decorations are planned when Janthir Wilds launches, some of which will be familiar from the current guild hall collection. Across the next year, new decorations will arrive during festivals and quarterly updates—ArenaNet says by the end of the expansion's year-long cycle, around 800 decorations will be available.

(Sorry, I should've been a bit more clear as to what I was referring to. 😅)

Edited by Batel.9206
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Yes, it was. But I expected most of the Guild Hall ones (minus the Festival Decoration) to be among those initially released. This is really frustrating for people who want to get things going.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yes, it is real shame that decorations are  ready and we can not get them, although it is understandable too I guess.

I would want to decorate it but I feel like next update will come with something better and I will have to redecorate it and then again and again...seems like a waste of both time and money. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2024 at 8:15 PM, Batel.9206 said:

…

Or the Canthan bridge decorations so I could put a pretty little bridge over the streams in the homestead - nope, can't do that. (So as a temporary measure, I now have the World's Least Pedestrian-Friendly Bridge somewhere on my property. It's just some of the garden walls mashed together. I'd hate to be on that thing when it rains...imagine how slick the stones would get.)

… 

I've used those wall units to make a bridge myself. Functional BUT ugly. To ugly to survive so I removed it, I'd rather swim.

Personally I hope they increase the variety of trees available. There are loads of different trees out there and we're stuck with 6 or 7 😢

I'm also hoping that they'll be increasing the decoration limit too. 1000 isn't going to be enough for what I want to do, 2000 might do though, if they give me the trees😉

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Really is frustrating that the beautiful Ascalonian tree is not already available. It would colour coordinate so very well and be suitable for fall. Also, hoping they add those meadow flowers that you see around Lownland Shores. Need a lot more than dry grass to place on my land.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hedgehog.4708 said:

Really is frustrating that the beautiful Ascalonian tree is not already available. It would colour coordinate so very well and be suitable for fall. Also, hoping they add those meadow flowers that you see around Lownland Shores. Need a lot more than dry grass to place on my land.

It really would go nicely with the scenery!  I really want some ground cover flowers for my garden spots out front.   Hopefully some of these will be added in the future.  

I'd hoped that we at least would have had the wooden race tracks and the decorations of the festival of the four winds at launch. The new wooden spiral stairs they added to the Guild Hall with the festival is something I really hope they'll add eventually.. .  I need the racetracks, the stairs and the some of the zephyr decorations to build my treehouse village..

For now I'm mostly hoarding the homestead materials each week so that I can get crafty when more decorations are released. 

7 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

For now I'm mostly hoarding the homestead materials each week so that I can get crafty when more decorations are released. 

I've tried that, too. But ran into a couple of issues:
1. you need a character/bank to store all the stacks of materials
2. you still need to unlock the extensions quickly - something I totally neglected until yesterday :S
3. you need to spend loads of certain materials weekly, which means you either buy them from TP or farm them

Worked out so far, but I started decorating this week. And now I am out of resources already. Not going to use cash option. Learned that lesson from guildhalls. If you start that, it is going to be a bottomless pit. I also accidentally missed one week due to RL, was not able to grab the materials before reset.

To be fair. They have tried to implement a system into the game, which was never intended to be there. The only blueprint they had was the clunky guildhall system and that developer from Sims. The result is acceptable and works out in the long term for sure. But the limitations of the system are huge. I totally understand everyone who is not happy about the current situation.

Regarding the decoration variety, it has always been like that. At least for the guildhalls. They barely gave use walls and floors. When they did, they gated them behind special currencies like beetle-racing or made them material-sinks. If you want to build something good, you need creativity to work around the limitations. On the other hand, we have got some awesome designs already - both in homesteads and guildhalls. Looking forward to the next decoration-releases, hopefully we get another load for the halloween-patch and hopefully not only festival-decorations.

On 9/17/2024 at 8:22 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

...that the rest of the decoration will be released between November and next summer?

Why the rush?

I'd assume there will be more stuff released over time.

They don't even release stories in go anymore. Just episodes. Pieces.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I haven't really dipped myself properly into decorating my homestead yet but I'm quite alright with things gradually being released, there's much to explore on my end and things to craft, I'm personally waiting for Asuran lab furniture to be released.

Anet's already done a great job in my opinion by surpassing The Elder Scrolls Online's housing by miles with the system they've got (Although improvements on some things like granting alts options to walk on set pathways, various emotes and allowing them to remain on the same spot you place em on when you return to your homestead instead of being reset are always welcomed!)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

i think both releasing only a quarter of the decorations at launch and setting the decoratin limit to 1,000 was a huge mistake. most of the players i know have already used up the entire decoration limit with what's already available, and will have no room to place any new decorations that release.

it wouldn't be so bad but that limit is barely enough to decorate the house itself (and very sparingly at that), let alone the outside areas.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Why the rush?

I'd assume there will be more stuff released over time.

Of course there will be. I was referring to the old decoration that already exists for almost a decade and has been time-locked for Homesteaders.

And why the rush? Because I want to decorate, of course! 😄

• Confused 2

Personally I'm waiting on doing any of it until there's more to work with. More statuary, more cultural-themed, more region/expansion-themed, unlockable festival etc. decor elements are needed before I'll feel any motivation to spend time and resources. The rustic Kodan stuff makes sense lore-wise and is OK for starters I guess, but it's nothing I'm interested in spending resources on; I'd rather do the homestead in my own style.

Homestead templates would be nice too, so we could have multiple options to activate. I'm thinking one additional template would probably be enough at first, mainly so we can do temporary/seasonal/Festival decorations without having to rework the entire place just to put up some temporary Halloween or Wintersday decor. It could be another option in the bouncer's menu.

On a semi-related side note, can we please get a "preview" option added to the workbench so we can see what the final thing will actually look like before crafting it? The icons are straight-up insufficient, and switching over to the wiki to check for every item is a hassle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Can we please get a "preview" option added to the workbench so we can see what the final thing will actually look like before crafting it? The icons are straight-up insufficient.

Not only insufficient, but in many cases downright misleading/incorrect.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Of course there will be. I was referring to the old decoration that already exists for almost a decade and has been time-locked for Homesteaders.

And why the rush? Because I want to decorate, of course! 😄

But then you don’t get to experience the feeling of accomplishment that comes with progression and careful investment. If you got it all at once, you’d just play with it for a week and never touch it again.  Now you have an excuse to redecorate every update, and will try things.

(being sarcastic, but also 100% dead on what was going to happen)  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1