TOO MUCH CC IN THE GAME

koenrox.6480

Just plain and simply there is way to much cc in the game to enjoy it. I keep trying to comeback to gw2 but then I play pvp and get constantly stun locked and its just not fun. then I try to play a class with stability but will constantly get boon stripped and feared. ANET, this needs to change. something to combat to amount of CC there is in competitive modes. please

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Honestly it not that bad. You can stun break after they throw all their cc on you. 

You can even wait out some cc, things like fear keep you moving so they can often get you out of danger. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Honestly it not that bad. You can stun break after they throw all their cc on you. 

You can even wait out some cc, things like fear keep you moving so they can often get you our of danger. 

I think the problem a lot of players have, is not knowing when to stunbreak. Cause not knowing what the heavy hitter follow-up is. Very often you'll eat several CCs (to burn your CCs if you react poorly) before eating the real dmg.

Or maybe sitting on the aoes mid.

Because dodging the cc ability isn’t an option? Idk what class you are or if you’re playing ranked or unranked. But you need to know what class you’re playing and their strengths and weaknesses and more importantly learn to dodge/kite… getting stunlocked means either the enemy is chaining their cc under good coordination or they have good team fight awareness. Jumping straight into a fight when you’re not melee is Ill advised, patience wins fights amongst other things. Hope that helps 

Edited by Provocative.3561
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, koenrox.6480 said:

Just plain and simply there is way to much cc in the game to enjoy it. I keep trying to comeback to gw2 but then I play pvp and get constantly stun locked and its just not fun. then I try to play a class with stability but will constantly get boon stripped and feared. ANET, this needs to change. something to combat to amount of CC there is in competitive modes. please

You're wasting your time.

Stockholm syndrome has set in deep within GW2 community, they'll defend atrocious kitten that would get hotfix removed from any other game in existence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

There is quite a lot of CC in the current meta.

Necro alone brings a painful amount.

And now that Hammer SPB is back in the mix fulltime its essentially a walking stability check.

hammer spb? not even that good 😂😂

16 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Players in topic about warriors: Spb is the strongest duelist in the game, remove full counter now

Players in topic about CC creep: maybe you should just git gud CC is fine man

Pretty sure their problem is with the evade frames and the stab (and the low CD).

Edited by Hotride.2187

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You can even wait out some cc, things like fear keep you moving so they can often get you our of danger. 

Problem is CC under the effects of quickness like scrapper and necro , CC with no animation like thief, mesmer...The issue is hardly ever warrior...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

There is quite a lot of CC in the current meta.

Necro alone brings a painful amount.

The worst thing about Reaper shout is that (at least for my game), it just happens and there's no indication. It's such a ridiculously impactful skill (3-4 second stun is an eternity in a 5v5 fight where you can die in less than 1 second of burst).

At bare minimum, the sfx for it should play before the skill goes off, not after. (is my game just kittened? It always plays after I get CCed). Ideally though, there should be some visual indicator too for accessibility.

22 minutes ago, coro.3176 said:

At bare minimum, the sfx for it should play before the skill goes off, not after. (is my game just kittened? It always plays after I get CCed). Ideally though, there should be some visual indicator too for accessibility.

It does on both accounts so not sure what is going on for you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

You're wasting your time.

Stockholm syndrome has set in deep within GW2 community, they'll defend atrocious kitten that would get hotfix removed from any other game in existence.

Well I don't think anyone would be against diminishing returns on chain CC. That would probably solve alot of issues. 

That or you are immune to another cc after you stun break for like 3 seconds. 

Most people live with the fact that CC is a problem. At the same time this is a problem for your enemies too. The worse part of CC is being interrupted especially during a channeled heal. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well I don't think anyone would be against diminishing returns on chain CC. That would probably solve alot of issues. 

That or you are immune to another cc after you stun break for like 3 seconds. 

Most people live with the fact that CC is a problem. At the same time this is a problem for your enemies too. The worse part of CC is being interrupted especially during a channeled heal. 

Hi its me

I'm the one against hamdholding people who got caught without stunbreaks so they can get away with a pity mechanic, especially when stopping people from moving precludes 90% of my damage by design.

🫨🤚

I tried the whole raw damage route but people got mad at that too, unfortunate 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Hi its me

I'm the one against hamdholding people who got caught without stunbreaks so they can get away with a pity mechanic, especially when stopping people from moving precludes 90% of my damage by design.

🫨🤚

I tried the whole raw damage route but people got mad at that too, unfortunate 

Have you tried doing DoT instead of raw damage? I'm sure people would find that lovely : )