So I'm seeing a lot of Spear Warriors in ToL

Would forum Warriors really lie about it being unplayable? 🤔

Perhaps they should git gud?

Also, I can't wait for the big Oct. 8th Blunderbuss and 3 sec longer regen to finally make the 0 Engineers competitive 🙌

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Here we go again.

People complains on weapons, ANet nerfs weapons, and the whole problem that warriors are pointing, just gets ignored.

People was whining before even staff was a thing, they nerfed both spear and staff and surprise, Defense Spellbreaker is still strong.

Even outside of the theory, you won't see the problem in the practice, lmao, it's literally there, just happened what you wished for and it's still strong.

They nerfed many things because of Defense Spellbreaker, including skills, except Defense Spellbreaker, and you still don't learn.

Fun builds outside of defense were nerfed because of forums whines.

Will forums finally learn this time? 🥴 if not, yall deserve more months of strong defense spb meta, you were warned lol.

Edited by Zekent.3652
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Zekent.3652 said:

Here we go again.

People complains on weapons, ANet nerfs weapons, and the whole problem that warriors are pointing, just gets ignored.

People was whining before even staff was a thing, they nerfed both spear and staff and surprise, Defense Spellbreaker is still strong.

They nerfed spear and staff however all the warriors are still running both of those weapons, so they still seem to be the best option and better than all the old weapons. So, the question I have is: if spear and staff are both actually obliterated and warrior has to run new weapons, is defense spellbreaker still competitive let alone a dominant meta pick?

2 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Would forum Warriors really lie about it being unplayable?

how many quotes of "you need to nerf SPB to fix the problem" do you need me to bring up, to sufficently explain why there's still many SPB's in ToL.

(becouse let's be honest there weren't Bladesworns running spear in ToL weren't they)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

So, the question I have is: if spear and staff are both actually obliterated and warrior has to run new weapons

Berserker has to, Bladesworn has to.

SPB runs what he pleases, becouse everything works on SPB.

10 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

is defense spellbreaker still competitive let alone a dominant meta pick?

It was before staff was introduced, when they ran GS/Dagger-shieald, it was before spear was introduced, when they ran Staff/Dagger-Sword and it will be, long after both new weapons are pounded into the ground so hard noone even thinks to pick them up again.

Defense spellbreaker was dominant, and best in slot warrior speck for two years now, with only very short break, when Condi Zerker was better, for a month. Since then Defence-Discipline build recieved direct, ONE non-kitten-weapon-X nerf; a one second reduction of the [Defiant Stance] duration - which SPB is entitled to not-run.

Arena are great at making changes once the problem is adressed, But very very bad at adressing said problem, within a timeframe of a decade. (look Rush tracking fixes)

Edited by Captain Crapface.7528
  • Like 2

It's not hard to understand Woodstock.

-> A warrior synergy surfaces that makes the class unkillable.

-> Warrior players say "nerf the spec that is problematic instead of reaching into core (weapons are core now) to address the overperformance",

-> People get annoyed and demand the most recent new toy put into the game gets nerfed despite the problem being with the spec synergy.

-> Anet doesn't nerf the spec. instead they nerf everything around it, including core available skills.

-> The synergy still works on the problematic spec, while the other specs cannot leverage the nerfed skills and get weaker. [YOU ARE HERE. It was all spellbreakers wasnt it]

-> Anet finally axes the actual problem, but doesn't revert or scale back their original nerfs.

But go off.

They nerfed spear and staff however all the warriors are still running both of those weapons, so they still seem to be the best option and better than all the old weapons. So, the question I have is: if spear and staff are both actually obliterated and warrior has to run new weapons, is defense spellbreaker still competitive let alone a dominant meta pick?

all the warriors

All the spellbreakers.

Because spellbreaker has a bug that lets it carry bad weapons. 

The bug we tried to get fixed.

Kuzco's bug. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Zekent.3652 said:

Will forums finally learn this time? 🥴 if not, yall deserve more months of strong defense spb meta, you were warned lol.

Pretty much this! After I got over my initial butt hurt from the nerfs, I just embrace the degenerate that is spb. I've been stunlocking people for days.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Also, I can't wait for the big Oct. 8th Blunderbuss and 3 sec longer regen to finally make the 0 Engineers competitive 🙌

The spear isn't unplayable, it's just not easy to get big damage anymore after the nerfs. At this point I don't think warrior is ever going to actually get anywhere as a class because the strange movement of player would rather hold onto outdatedness of the class and scape goat the E-spec like it's the woes of the entire class. If it gets nerfed well good, getting stuck without a paddle is the path we're going to stick to. Just ignoring the existence  like we just didn't have Bladesworn, and Czerker all running defense and having some form of degenerate play plaguing the game mode not too long ago. The pattern here for warrior has been every top build was some brick wall and not exactly fun to play unless you like winning. 

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

-> A warrior synergy surfaces that makes the class unkillable.

-> Warrior players say "nerf the spec that is problematic instead of reaching into core (weapons are core now) to address the overperformance",

-> People get annoyed and demand the most recent new toy put into the game gets nerfed despite the problem being with the spec synergy.

-> Anet doesn't nerf the spec. instead they nerf everything around it, including core available skills.

-> The synergy still works on the problematic spec, while the other specs cannot leverage the nerfed skills and get weaker. [YOU ARE HERE. It was all spellbreakers wasnt it]

-> Anet finally axes the actual problem, but doesn't revert or scale back their original nerfs.

The weapons skills that got toned down deserved it lol. Nerfs weren't that bad. To my knowledge SPB mostly enables the Burst, which wasn't touched in PvP.

Warrior was being run 3x in meta comps and was barely touched to the point of it still being run in almost every good team, sometimes 2x. Yet most Warriors act like they get nerfed the hardest of every class, every time, and are never strong. Woe is Warrior lol. Your entire argument hinges upon this hypothetical heavy Spellbreaker nerf that you all are using to pre-whine while your class is stronger than its been in a while. It's hilarious.

You all should be enjoying your time in the sun, instead we get:

3 hours ago, Zekent.3652 said:

Fun builds outside of defense were nerfed because of forums whines.

2 hours ago, HawaiianDreads.5473 said:

Pretty much this!

Not only blaming the people who have to endure 2 metas of Warrior BS and have no control over balance, but also saying they deserve more lol. What a weird, out-of-touch group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

No, we understood that BSW and SPB were broken. We actually called for their nerfs as well. There have been multiple forums and videos showing the problem with the professions and how to balance them in a way that it doesn't hurt the spec. Anet didn't get the memo with BSW cause they destroyed that poor spec in any competitive play.  While SPB is still running rampant, which once again we understand it's a problem that needs to be fix. At the end of the day until Anet either balance/gut SPB, you guys just have to deal with it.

I'm done with caring how classes are balance at this point.

Edited by HawaiianDreads.5473

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

The weapons skills that got toned down deserved it lol. Nerfs weren't that bad. To my knowledge SPB mostly enables the Burst, which wasn't touched in PvP.

Warrior was being run 3x in meta comps and was barely touched to the point of it still being run in almost every good team, sometimes 2x. Yet most Warriors act like they get nerfed the hardest of every class, every time, and are never strong. Woe is Warrior lol. Your entire argument hinges upon this hypothetical heavy Spellbreaker nerf that you all are using to pre-whine while your class is stronger than its been in a while. It's hilarious.

You all should be enjoying your time in the sun, instead we get:

Not only blaming the people who have to endure 2 metas of Warrior BS and have no control over balance, but also saying they deserve more lol. What a weird, out-of-touch group.

Okay real talk though.

Notice how I said "We said spellbreaker was op and they nerfed the wrong thing, and that is why we are upset"

and your response was "Warrior (its spellbreaker, the other specs arent being run) is being run a whole lot you should be happy" 

Can you engage with the thing I'm saying?

Warriors act like they get nerfed the hardest of every class, every time, and are never strong.

There's a thread right under this one saying "Spellbreaker is too strong, nerf it so the other specs can have some workable weapons". I understand you want to make the point that warriors complain too much, but if that were the case they wouldn't outwardly be trying to help you all fix the problem that spellbreaker is causing.

Do you understand that these people are telling you quite directly "we said spellbreaker was OP but yall nerf brigaded the wrong thing"? 

Bladesworn and Berserker deserve to be able to use new weapons too, but they keep getting culled because of spellbreaker.

You want to frame the complaints as weird and out of touch but you're not really interacting with the point.

It's very clear. Spellbreaker is overperforming (because of a bug), warrior players would like some build variety/ability to run weapons on other specs. That necessitates fixing the spellbreaker issue, and shifting some of its power budget to Bladesworn and Berserker, because those don't get played -at all- right now. 

Instead that doesn't happen, the OP thing is left OP, and fringe builds get depowered. I hope you can understand how silly it is to basically be so consumed by spellbreaker performance that you can't seem to understand that's only supposed to be 33% of warrior, and the other 66% is what people are trying to get seaworthy, even if that requires nerfing spellbreaker. 

And that's why it appears to you that the warriors are blaming you for having to endure 2 metas of warrior bs, AND that theyre asking for more. They tried to steer the balance direction and nobody listened to them, so now theyre having a spiteful little chuckle at the problem persisting. At the same time, that result is -absolutely- not what they wanted, and bladesworn and berserker continue to languish and need fixes. It's like Anet was driving a bus, they announced they wanted to drive into a wall, a bunch of people on the bus went "yay wall!" and are now groaning about the wall being hard and unpleasant to collide with. Of course it was going to be. That's why the warriors said not to do that and are being spiteful now. There have been entire videos and discussions over the course of months about how this was to be approached, but a bunch of people who don't have object permanence or react on the last thing to happen to them really thought it was spear, including Anet. 

Nerfs weren't that bad. 

Spearmarshal's support hits for 3-4k if you eat the entire channel from a glass warrior. They were bad. It marks you, indicates it's about to hit you, and if you manage to not dodge or block the first hit after it announces it's going to hit you, you take 3-4k over time that you can still dodge out of. It's a joke of a skill, and disparate from similar skills like solar storm, that thanos entire groups of people a half second after it's cast.  

I -just- want to play engaging warrior builds (warrior in general, not spellbreaker) and have interesting, engaging fights. I don't care about the tone policing. 

• Thanks 5

You guys did a witch hunt against weapons, ANet did exactly what you asked for, you were warned and surprise, spellbreaker is still strong.

Don't try to gaslight now pretending that warrior mains are complaining about defense spellbreaker being "weak", that's a really delusional minority, most of warrior mains pointed the real problems, forums ignored it and went hard against weapons instead, and that's exactly what ANet did.

You guys "won" in your demands to ANet, and still annoyed with the results.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

This is amazing, forum warriors still upset about the spear and staff nerfs even though those weapons are still both best in slot. I guess they just really don't want any of their old weapon options to be competitive.

Me when i don't read.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Yes, we're aware this group thinks only Spellbreaker should have been nerfed. I disagree and thought the bloated Spear deserved some adjustments in addition to Spellbreaker nerfs.

No one is surprised that Spellbreaker is still strong, except maybe some Warriors. It should have been nerfed harder but Anet took a gentle approach and here we are.

You have other builds you can play that are strong. These posts give an impression that Spellbreaker is the only "fun" build you have and that you can only play tank builds.

I've watched Spear Berserker basically 1-channel someone down. That wasn't nerfed. Rifle Berserker AoE unblockable 1-shot groups of people down. Core Warrior hitting for 7-10k with ease. These are in addition to ridiculous tank builds.

https://imgur.com/a/FmPnSYn is from yesterday.

You have amazing damage. You have good survival tools. I think most of you are spoiled after these kinds of thread responses lol.

39 minutes ago, Zekent.3652 said:

You guys did a witch hunt against weapons, ANet did exactly what you asked for, you were warned and surprise, spellbreaker is still strong.

Don't try to gaslight now pretending that warrior mains are complaining about defense spellbreaker being "weak", that's a really delusional minority, most of warrior mains pointed the real problems, forums ignored it and went hard against weapons instead, and that's exactly what ANet did.

You guys "won" in your demands to ANet, and still annoyed with the results.

Nothing on these forums causes balance decisions. Prove me wrong.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

To these these people who say Warrior as a whole deserves to be nerf.

I challenge you all to play nothing but Core Warrior, or any Warrior Elite Specialization, outside of Spellbreaker, in PVP.
For at least 2 weeks.

If you think the players mainlining Warrior are just whining, then prove it.
Show us how "busted" Warrior is, without even using Spellbreaker. 

Edited by Smoothpine.1895
  • Like 4

SNAIL PACE BALANCE GO BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR cant wait for war nerfs(in 2 months) to make the largely untouched druid come back before we get even the smallest of chances of seeing a new class excel on the sidenodes(in 7 months)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smoothpine.1895 said:

I challenge you all to play Core Warrior, or any Warrior Elite Specialization, outside of Spellbreaker, in PVP.
For at least 2 weeks.

k i pick czerk
it might not be spellbreaker but it's not that bad lol

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I've watched Spear Berserker basically 1-channel someone down.

my bad, that genuinely might have been me goofing around as str/arms

Edited by Shagie.7612

4 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

This is amazing, forum warriors still upset about the spear and staff nerfs even though those weapons are still both best in slot. I guess they just really don't want any of their old weapon options to be competitive.

I hope at least one person who is not a warrior main can see how annoying this is. One can dream. 

it might not be spellbreaker but it's not that bad lol

Notice your qualifier. You know we're right. 

I've watched Spear Berserker basically 1-channel someone down. That wasn't nerfed.

It was stealth fixed on release. It was a bug. Try it again.

I think most of you are spoiled after these kinds of thread responses lol.

Alright Woodstock. You're free to think that if you wish. 

Nothing on these forums causes balance decisions. Prove me wrong.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/sharp-lessons-spear-beta-feedback-update/

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Smoothpine.1895 said:

To these these people who say Warrior as a whole deserves to be nerf.

I challenge you all to play nothing but Core Warrior, or any Warrior Elite Specialization, outside of Spellbreaker, in PVP.
For at least 2 weeks.

If you think the players mainlining Warrior are just whining, then prove it.
Show us how "busted" Warrior is, without even using Spellbreaker. 

I've been playing core warrior for a while now and holy kitten spear DMG is disgusting.

Warrior players are just whining.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Notice your qualifier. You know we're right. 

literally nothing in the game is close to spellbreaker tho lol
czerk is still pretty decent compared to a whole lot of builds and other sidenoders?

now on the flipside, warriors get to go try something like mech, scourge, weaver, non-vindi rev,  or firebrand

• Like 2
  • Confused 3