Keep World Restructuring!

The title says it all. I'm enjoying the fresh matchups and teams every month. No, I do not miss my old dead linked servers. Yes, I am in a wvw guild and alliance. 

Just making this post to balance out all the negative posts from people who sit on the forums more than they actually play organized wvw.

-Kriff

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14

Agreed. As I posted in the other topic the new system seems fair. Some months we do well, others we don't. They just need to fine tune the sorting.

I did not like the old way of bandwagon servers. I've been on servers where the link was abandoned prior to reset and perma t4 for the whole link. I've also been on the lowest ranked server before links were a thing and stuck being bottom of the bottom.

The new system is the fairest way to sort people for WvW.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

23 hours ago, Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

from people who sit on the forums more than they actually play organized wvw.

-Kriff

People sitting about in the forums either complaining or defending this new system exist on both sides, and to speak for myself and perhaps someone else out there;

While I'm against this WR system through and through, I have given myself ample opportunities and time to gather enough data to build up my arguments and points of view stated in various threads in this WR beta feedback and the WvW section, I would kindly ask you to read through them if you want a thorough feedback about my pov.

It's important to note though, while you and a handful of others stand on defending this system, with a recent poll suggesting that the majority are in fact unhappy with the WR system, I do not go about attacking people for defending this system at all - on the contrary, I prefer to listen to both sides and see what they've got to offer in this ongoing discussion and feedback instead of attacking and try to diminish their point of views by stating things like the above.

With that said, I'll get straight to the root of this ongoing issue. As much as you may try to defend this system and claim it's a better direction for WvW it's ultimately the majority that got the final say, in other words the people, the players. If the majority of players aren't happy and Anet's still set on going forward with the WR system despite the dominating amount of negative feedback, people will eventually cease to attend WvW and the gamemode will ultimately die or be diminished to dominating guilds bumping their boonball heads with one another on prime time.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Erathiel.9318 said:

with a recent poll suggesting that the majority are in fact unhappy with the WR

FTFY: "with a recent poll suggesting that the majority of a self-selected group of players are in fact unhappy with the WR"

Randomized polling of the entire playerbase is the only method that has a chance at being accurate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Erathiel.9318 said:

People sitting about in the forums either complaining or defending this new system exist on both sides, and to speak for myself and perhaps someone else out there; (...)

(...) with a recent poll suggesting that the majority are in fact unhappy with the WR system (...)

The majority will speak through activity, not forums indeed, so no poll is going to neither matter nor show what the majority means. And so far there's not been any changes in activity that screams "back to the old system".

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

45 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

FTFY: "with a recent poll suggesting that the majority of a self-selected group of players are in fact unhappy with the WR"

Randomized polling of the entire playerbase is the only method that has a chance at being accurate.

It may come to that if Anet ever considers ending the Beta. They have the ability to poll all the WvW players and see what the community really thinks. People posting on the forums don't represent the community as a whole. I would bet the people against the restructuring are just a vocal minority with the majority of players supporting it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Wolfhound.4381 said:

It may come to that if Anet ever considers ending the Beta. They have the ability to poll all the WvW players and see what the community really thinks. People posting on the forums don't represent the community as a whole. I would bet the people against the restructuring are just a vocal minority with the majority of players supporting it.

There's been polls they've done in the past too.  I would hope as well they do something like that again for WvW.

7 hours ago, Wolfhound.4381 said:

I would bet the people against the restructuring are just a vocal minority with the majority of players supporting it.

The vast majority who are unhappy with the WR system have already expressed themselves on various threads especially the feedback one available in this section, read through them if you're keen on being objective or don't if you're on that tribalism behaviour. I've experienced the death of PvP in another MMO and people were not exactly spamming in and out in the forums. Sure, occasional dicussions did emerge but people simply stopped playing the gamemode in the end and/or moved on to do something else.

• Thanks 1

I think the WR solved one problem, introduced another, hasn't solved balance... but I do think that some of those problems might sort out if we give it a chance.

In my experience commanders are fewer than previously. However as people either adjust to the new system or learn to command when they didn't before, that part might smooth out. 

The balance algorithm might improve with more time. 

Of course might also means might not. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/1/2024 at 8:00 PM, Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

The title says it all.

The restructuring of the world for a player like me, is equivalent to someone who practically asks you to step aside and make room for someone else because you are not welcome. Do you play in reference to your team/server in a team game? well turn off, this mode is not for you.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

The restructuring of the world for a player like me, is equivalent to someone who practically asks you to step aside and make room for someone else because you are not welcome. Do you play in reference to your team/server in a team game? well turn off, this mode is not for you.

Mabi, Kriff wasn't a server pride player. To answer your question.

8 hours ago, Erathiel.9318 said:

The vast majority who are unhappy with the WR system have already expressed themselves on various threads especially the feedback one available in this section, read through them if you're keen on being objective or don't if you're on that tribalism behaviour. I've experienced the death of PvP in another MMO and people were not exactly spamming in and out in the forums. Sure, occasional dicussions did emerge but people simply stopped playing the gamemode in the end and/or moved on to do something else.

I don't spend a lot of time on these forums so most of what I hear is in guild/alliance  discord. I hear more complaints about balance changes than I do about world restructuring. And those only from people who were sorted wrong.

I actually wish Anet would poll the WvW community so we can put this to rest.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2024 at 8:32 AM, Wolfhound.4381 said:

I actually wish Anet would poll the WvW community so we can put this to rest.

Don't forget you can vote with as many accounts as you have access to, and what does tue average wvw player have of those now? 2-3 as an average, or possibly more?

At this stage of the game's life I don't think we could get an accurate result either way.

Edited by Dinas Dragonbane.2978
Had to add the last sentence
  • Confused 2

On 10/2/2024 at 4:00 AM, Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

The title says it all. I'm enjoying the fresh matchups and teams every month. No, I do not miss my old dead linked servers. Yes, I am in a wvw guild and alliance. 

Just making this post to balance out all the negative posts from people who sit on the forums more than they actually play organized wvw.

-Kriff

Glad to see a fellow enjoying the movement about servers.  Just like to point out this was exactly the same thing for the past 8+ years.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, siggy.9521 said:

Glad to see a fellow enjoying the movement about servers.  Just like to point out this was exactly the same thing for the past 8+ years.

Not exactly. Bandwagoning  teams is not an issue right now. Or at least less of an issue because you have to have alt accounts for everyone in the guild to "move" to another server.

5 hours ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

Don't forget you can vote with as many accounts as you have access to, and what does tue average wvw player have of those now? 2-3 as an average, or possibly more?

At this stage of the game's life I don't think we could get an accurate result either way.

Forgot to reply to this one.
It wouldn't be hard to send the survey to one of the accounts on an IP. That would be the fairest way although I admit it would still result in some inaccuracy when it comes to multiple people in a household playing the same game. And also you could have people using VPN's affected. Still would be more accurate than sending a survey to every WvW account.

Honestly I have 7 accounts. 5 of which I play WvW on. 1 main on an alliance guild, and 4 set on a personal guild. I know of one guy with gobs of accounts that he plays. But most people probably have 2 or 3 that they play on different teams with.

On 10/3/2024 at 5:41 AM, Erathiel.9318 said:

The overall player base seem to express themselves with activity though. Last week was 2.33 million kills+deaths. 6 months ago it was 2.16 million kills+deaths. Both comparably high numbers - the week after the january beta where the forum proclaimed the second week was especially crap and everyone was so happy they where back on their worlds saw 1.9 millions kills+deaths. Also to compare with the summer where everyone once again was shocked at the sudden strangeness of people for some reason not playing so much in a mystical and cyclical 1 year pattern, WvW had weeks where it dipped to 1.6 million kills+deaths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The overall player base seem to express themselves with activity though. Last week was 2.33 million kills+deaths. 6 months ago it was 2.16 million kills+deaths. Both comparably high numbers - the week after the january beta where the forum proclaimed the second week was especially crap and everyone was so happy they where back on their worlds saw 1.9 millions kills+deaths. Also to compare with the summer where everyone once again was shocked at the sudden strangeness of people for some reason not playing so much in a mystical and cyclical 1 year pattern, WvW had weeks where it dipped to 1.6 million kills+deaths.

I would have thought the rush week would have had much more, but that was from my server going from near death to 4 maps queued each night(it was nuts).

10 minutes ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

I would have thought the rush week would have had much more, but that was from my server going from near death to 4 maps queued each night(it was nuts).

Without a point of reference I'm not sure how much higher numbers you expected. 2.33 million is up there among the highest seen in WvW in probably the past half decade. Previous WvW rushes with worlds probably had similar numbers.