Status of Raid LFG

50% recruitment, 50% sellers and if OP starts their own flg, sellers will be the minority. ANet has already stated that sellers are fine by them. You may not like it, I may not like it but it is what it is.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

There is some old interview with GW2 dev and after you read it, many things make sense. In general raids are dead with lower population than sPvP. So removing raid sellers would make it even worse. Issue are not raid sellers, but LFG tool in general. Hope for LFG tool rework is still alive. Also complains about LFG tool in GW2 is kind of never ending.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mmo/news-we-judicious-terms-choose-build-arena-net-present-future-guild-wars-2

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

i think the last thing we need in the lfg tool is more subsections; if anything the entire layout should be heavily compressed so you can actually find groups without clicking through each category only to be rate-limited, because for some reason they put a restriction on how fast you can load the listings!

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

There is some old interview with GW2 dev and after you read it, many things make sense. In general raids are dead with lower population than sPvP. So removing raid sellers would make it even worse. Issue are not raid sellers, but LFG tool in general. Hope for LFG tool rework is still alive. Also complains about LFG tool in GW2 is kind of never ending.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mmo/news-we-judicious-terms-choose-build-arena-net-present-future-guild-wars-2

There is also the thing that spvp you can do all day every day a week without limit.

Raid bosses are once a week for everyone so less people play over the whole week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

There is also the thing that spvp you can do all day every day a week without limit.

Raid bosses are once a week for everyone so less people play over the whole week.

It is not about playtime. It is about engagement. If you want to get realistic data, then metrics are almost all the time measured in the same way. In the end, you have sum of all ppl either doing content regularly and ppl just going in to try it (they don't need to finish it).

sPvP in GW2 is really small and the raid community is even smaller. It was visible for years, but some ppl never liked to hear it. Reasons for that would be for long list.

I always like to do raids in GW2 and right after in some other MMOs to see the difference. It is a funny comparison like GW2 is the most elitism casuals I have seen in decades. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Hope for LFG tool rework is still alive.

I'd like to have a check box system where you opt in for pop up notifications per category.

Say I check Dungeons, every time someone posts in Dungeons I'd get a pop up with an option to join or dismiss.

At times I might not mind joining a party like that, but while I'm doing my farms I'm not gonna have the LFG open and I won't be checking it often enough either.

They definitely need to have the LFG match people that wanna do content with people willing to do content.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

how much do raid/strikes sell for? I really want some cape/backpack locked behind those, but I have zero interest in doing them and like the OP suggest, nobody does, it's just people selling them.

If you join the sellers, they will gladly tell you.

And there are people interested in doing raids. In OP's pic it's 50/50. Just because you don't want to doesn't mean "nobody does".

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

50% recruitment, 50% sellers and if OP starts their own flg, sellers will be the minority. ANet has already stated that sellers are fine by them. You may not like it, I may not like it but it is what it is.

Maybe the company should create an in-game poll , for giving those sellers some deticated space . 

We shall call it "Misc".

The company allows it and is up the community to choose if they want to see the or think them like spamm

(And then we do the same for cm only DPS add-ons , before any improved lfg. Or segregation ,starting with an OW boss as test . That way we remove the toxicity and the kick that happens on every mmo. But let's wait 1-2 years , because they don't need anything and other resources can be spent on WvW or GW3 in the meantime . Roua!)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Eckee.4038 said:

Any plans to do something about this?

Maybe add another section for advertising and keep this section for LFG only.

Screenshot_236.png.f7a8082946b914cfe1740fd4aaf72819.png

Very simple solution for that. Sellers always have their guild names in brackets. Simply enter -[ in the search bar and they will all disappear, leaving only the LFG's for active runs (because ther regular LFG's never have brackets).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Very simple solution for that. Sellers always have their guild names in brackets. Simply enter -[ in the search bar and they will all disappear, leaving only the LFG's for active runs (because ther regular LFG's never have brackets).

i'm not sure what you mean here..its common for guilds to put their [guild tag] in the lfg if its a guild run. i think this is simply a courtesy to pugs to let them know that the majority of the teamplay will not be communicated outside of voice chat (which may not even be posted) and they're just along for the ride.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i'm not sure what you mean here..its common for guilds to put their [guild tag] in the lfg if its a guild run. i think this is simply a courtesy to pugs to let them know that the majority of the teamplay will not be communicated outside of voice chat (which may not even be posted) and they're just along for the ride.

No. Those LFG's with the brackets in the Raid section are sellers and recruitment LFG's, not guild runs. They sell challenge mode runs and assorted raid achievements. OP's request is to keep them separated from the actual LFG's, the groups looking for people to do their runs now. You can do that simply by typing -[ in the search bar and they'll disappear, leaving only the "real" LFG's. It's what I always do and this way I never have to sift through the LFG's of sellers to find a group. That would solve OP's problem in the absence of a systemic solution from ANet.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

how much do raid/strikes sell for? I really want some cape/backpack locked behind those, but I have zero interest in doing them and like the OP suggest, nobody does, it's just people selling them.

Nonsense. I know many people who do them, including myself.

As for the cost, it depends on what you want done. A few hundred Mystic Coins at least.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

They weren't talking about hours spent on those types of content. They were talking about the sizes of the playerbase sections engaging with them. And no, the same player that goes into SPvP every day does not somehow become 7 different people - it's still the same player.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I have no problem with the recruitment ones as they make sense to go into lfg for advertisement as they are somewhat technically a "looking for people" just in extended period of time. It's also good for those who maybe want to join a guild/group but for whatever reason don't use the forums/discord etc.

The sellers are annoying but I get that there is a market for it and for those less able or willing to pay the price, and since anet seem ok with it then I guess they are here to stay.

I would agree that maybe having a sub category for sellers/advertisement would be good to help organise and appease those who dislike the clutter. However this doesn't solve the underlying issue which is that the lfg seems to be void of groups doing the content people are after. I suspect the reason for this is due to several factors of 1. Groups fill quite quickly, 2. A lot of this content is organised within friend groups/guilds first so less likely to need lfg 3. It does depend on the time of day as people tend to have more time in the evenings/weekends.

My advise for people wanting to get into any group content would be to join a guild that meets your requirements (there are a lot out there.) It really helped with me getting into raids and progressing into cms and I also made some great friends!

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typos
  • Like 2

The raids are very old content (last content was from 2019...), so either you have people having no more interest in doing it , people with no kp struggling to find a group , mid ppl with decent kp who still need to do them (the minority i think) and the sellers.

The people i know still doing them have static groups with all roles fullfilled , the ones who use the lfg to do the content are a minority of an already minority.

Spvp new mode must be why the population increased , gonna see if it last.

When you have your leg. armor and trinkets whats the benefit of doing a raid ? a tarir meta give you more.

That content has little replayability , not like strikes where the blue cristals money will always be usefull as they will keep adding stuff to buy with it , and fractals are not the same everyday + instabilities are quite fun to deal with sometimes , raids on the other hand....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I wasn't sure it would work, but I tried blocking the people using the LFG for "sales" and it did work, their "groups" no longer get listed for me - so maybe you could do that.
I don't actually have anything against them, it's just annoying so I second the idea of having a different tab just for these "sales."

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/11/2024 at 1:08 AM, Perisemiotics.4579 said:

I wasn't sure it would work, but I tried blocking the people using the LFG for "sales" and it did work, their "groups" no longer get listed for me - so maybe you could do that.
I don't actually have anything against them, it's just annoying so I second the idea of having a different tab just for these "sales."

There is no need to block anyone. You can just filter them out.

Honestly, sometimes it feels like people aren't aware that you can also use a search bar to enter what you are not looking for. Since the seller and recruitment LFG's all use brackets and LFG's for regular runs don't, just filter out the brackets. Problem solved and you didn't need to block half a dozen people to do it (which takes more time and effort).

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028

On 10/9/2024 at 9:13 PM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

It's not the tool that's the issue, and the sellers are merely a symptom. 

If you want to fix it, get into raids yourself and then bring other, newer people into raids. Carry and teach them and exercise some patience. No, a singular wipe or a boss taking 1 minute longer than necessary is not a major disruption. No, the new boondps dropping quickness for 5 seconds is not a gamebreaking fail and not an issue to quit over. You're not there to set a benchmark, you're not there to impress anyone, you're just there to do the content. If it's good enough to beat the boss, that's good enough. Leave your perfectionism at the door, you can pick it up when you tackle Cerus LM.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:

It's not the tool that's the issue, and the sellers are merely a symptom. 

If you want to fix it, get into raids yourself and then bring other, newer people into raids. Carry and teach them and exercise some patience. No, a singular wipe or a boss taking 1 minute longer than necessary is not a major disruption. No, the new boondps dropping quickness for 5 seconds is not a gamebreaking fail and not an issue to quit over. You're not there to set a benchmark, you're not there to impress anyone, you're just there to do the content. If it's good enough to beat the boss, that's good enough. Leave your perfectionism at the door, you can pick it up when you tackle Cerus LM.

*visibly confused by your comment* I do "normal" raid and strike groups as I do in other MMOs. The reason why I also included thing about GW2 elitist casual in my comment is what you describe being common so often in many groups. Let's be real GW2 is a casual game and only Cerus LM can be seen as challenging content. I even did some calculations for strike and raid bosses and sometimes difference in time based on DPS is like 40 to 180 secs and I mean like top DPS and below average DPS.

Also LFG tool is in top 3 reasons why ppl don't engage in group content. How do I know? Most new ppl do not know what to write to LFG, they do not know how to enter the instance itself and it is not on the player to go out of the game to search for this. In other MMOs you can just queue up with predefined selectable settings from the developer for group content or raids and just do something else. No need to sort out the group or guide new ppl to the correct place so they get in and so on.

It is the same with the "GW2 has unique roles for raids it is so different from other MMOs" like no. In other MMOs ppl do not make big deal from specific mechanics in the group content that need a "special" role.

Also no endgame hint for stats for new players is sad. I even saw some old video from some content creator where she proposed different "hint icons" next to stat prefixes so new ppl know what to use.

All of this was ignored and it killed raids. JW "raid" is the last try from ANET to try something with group content. If it fails, then no more resources will be used for raids. Not sure about strikes.

Imagine a new LFG tool similar design that has been used across of industry for last 15 years and you have a lot more ppl trying strikes and raids. You can even have an "item lvl" condition so lvl80 without lvl80 gear can not get in with a hint why. ANET tried public matchmaking for IBS strikes, but that was a terrible design choice. Of course new LFG tool is probably not possible due to technical limitations and resources.

PS The New dungeon NPC at Lion's Arch is a step in the right direction and I saw ppl criticize ANET for it, which was sad.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3