What if Mirage...

Morwath.9817

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:LOLNODid you make this thread to enrage a bunch of mesmers?

Yeah lets get rid of the few defining feature that the mesmer has left because i can't be kitten to cleanse the condition and to take no action, ill give up confuse if power classes give up every single cc they have in there tool box.

Ooo? Confusion isn't Mesmer defining feature, also Quaggan would remind you that we aren't talking about Mesmer and sources of confusion Mesmer has, but about Mirage and how new sources of confusion stack with old Mesmer sources of confusion resulting in too much confusion around. Do you tell Quaggan to take no action during 4 seconds of confusion, while confusion, bleed, torment and burning all are ticking on him and you're still attacking Quaggan meanwhile applying more confusion?

Quaggan got confused by your post.

Yes, if me and my clones just attack you for 4 seconds most classes except theives only loses roughly 20% of there hp less then a heal, Yes i'm tell you to take no action, No i'm not tell your to just afk and stand in place like an moron although your free to do that if you like, all you need to do is move around take no action or heal our other sources of condition does not hurt like our confuse does, consider it a trade.

Or you could cleanse it.

Ooo, but confusion is ticking even when Quaggan does nothing and whenever he tries to cleanse confusion with cleanse than isn't full cleanse Quaggan gets punished by cleansing e.g. bleed and torment instead of confusion and he takes damage from confusion, fooo!

Man i had alot of typos in my post geez i gotta fixed tht.You and i know confusion ticks do not hurt lol...lets not talk about conidition ticks and its whooping 136 damage in pvp.

I guarantee to you that 20~30 stacks of confusion(which is normal for Mirage) dont hit for only "whooping 136 damage in pvp."

@Genesis.5169 said:

Yes, if me and my clones just attack you for 4 seconds most classes except theives only loses roughly 20% of there hp less then a heal,

I don't know where you get that number especially since you exclude eles (same health pool as thief) and disregard how arbitrarily huge the base HP differences are between HP tiers.

@Genesis.5169 said:

Yes i'm tell you to take no action, No i'm not tell your to just afk and stand in place like an moron although your free to do that if you like, all you need to do is move around take no action or heal our other sources of condition does not hurt like our confuse does, consider it a trade.

There is no trade in a scenario in which one player shouldn't/can't act while the other one gets to unload a button-mash barrage of tab-targeted auto-pursuit abilities that are all instant or near-instant. I can run vipers as well and deal high direct damage while conditions continue to tick.

GW1 Blackout was a trade. GW2 mirage burst requires no timing or positioning investment on part of the mirage. They stealth and evade while bursting from range, and then they evade while backing off to safety.

@Genesis.5169 said:

Or you could cleanse it.

Meta mirage dumps around 5 unique conditions on a target with the initial burst. The only skill that would allow someone to consistently cleanse that many, easily-applied, low CD condis is probably Ether Renewal. Also, there's no guarantee that I'm going to cleanse the 20+ confusion stacks when there are 4 other condis on my bar and I only have a 3-condi cleanse.

I wish that mirages were more resilient to damage, that their invulnerabilities and dodges gave them like... 80% damage reduction. Let them retain the mobility, but don't let them feel untouchable.Well that should apply to any invulnerability or damage immunities to prevent silly "5% hp left a passive/active saves my bum, I am so good" situations. PvP should be more punishing with mistakes and don't give anyone any feeling of safety even behind damage mitigation walls.

@shinta.8906 said:what if they'd revert confusion to deal only damage on skill use instead of half of the possible damage all the time. just change it back as it was. ikr. as if.

No becasue then it would require people to try instead of waiting for passive damage to do the work. The only passive ticks should be Bleed and burn. Torment only if moving, Confusion only if using a skill. Poison reduces heal potential by x % per stack.

@Taltevus.3289 said:

@shinta.8906 said:what if they'd revert confusion to deal only damage on skill use instead of half of the possible damage all the time. just change it back as it was. ikr. as if.

No becasue then it would require people to try instead of waiting for passive damage to do the work. The only passive ticks should be Bleed and burn. Torment only if moving, Confusion only if using a skill. Poison reduces heal potential by x % per stack.

I'd be ok with poison giving a slow health degen additionnaly though. Like -0.5% max health/sec.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:When I play against a mirage..these lyrics come to mind:

There must be some kind of way outta hereSaid the joker to the thiefThere's too much confusionI can't get no relief

Ooo, and meanwhile Mirage is singin'

You got the touchYou got the power

After all is said and doneYou've never walked, you've never run,You're a winner

(...)

@"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:Say it with me now, “Interesting” gameplay.....https://imgur.com/a/P2Yz6

Ps. Anet fix your Mobile Version your Image URL function still doesn’t Work on Mobile.

Genesis advice: Wait it out. Don't move otherwise torment will hurt a lot. There are no cleanses on rev so just wait it out man! Easy! Mirage not OP! (PLZ DONT NERF MY FREELO EVEN THO IM NOT EVEN PLAT LOL)

@Razor.6392 said:

@"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:Say it with me now, “Interesting” gameplay.....

Ps. Anet fix your Mobile Version your Image URL function still doesn’t Work on Mobile.

Genesis advice: Wait it out. Don't move otherwise torment will hurt a lot. There are no cleanses on rev so just wait it out man! Easy! Mirage not OP! (PLZ DONT NERF MY FREELO EVEN THO IM NOT EVEN PLAT LOL)

Because not moving against a class that can burst 30 stacks of confusion and 10 torment is a good idea.

8)

@Blackjack.5621 said:What if mirage wasn't the only class that can contest 1 node while +1ing the other, that can fix matchups by rotating teammates and can 1v1 almost everything? Then maybe we could have a balanced game one day.

I think what truly broke things was the sword leap. Giving thief-like mobility to the class that already had portal was a mistake, and the same skill also comes with a spammable interrupt. Leap range on sword should be cut in half and their confusion application lowered.

Stunbreak on dodge is kinda stupid as well.

@witcher.3197 said:

@Blackjack.5621 said:What if mirage wasn't the only class that can contest 1 node while +1ing the other, that can fix matchups by rotating teammates and can 1v1 almost everything? Then maybe we could have a balanced game one day.

I think what truly broke things was the sword leap. Giving thief-like mobility to the class that already had portal was a mistake, and the same skill also comes with a spammable interrupt. Leap range on sword should be cut in half and their confusion application lowered.

Stunbreak on dodge is kinda stupid as well.

Even without the Trait they can evade while Stunned or Channeling or Attacking. Don’t forget Big Karl has got a term for that “Interesting”Gameplay

@Morwath.9817 said:

There must be some kind of way outta hereSaid the joker to the thiefThere's too much confusionI can't get no relief

(...)

ONE SHALL STAND ONE SHALL FALL!

• 9 months later...

@NeXeD.3042 said:

(...)

ONE SHALL STAND ONE SHALL FALL!

Arise Rodimus Prime

Archived