Time to unroot Hundred Blades

Grok Krog.9581

I've argued this a bit, but there's no reason for this skill to root you anymore and here are my reasons why.

1: The most comparable skill to Hundred Blades, is Whirling Axe. Both have a cast time of 3.5 seconds, and do similar damage actually when I hover over them they do the same. But on the wiki, Hundred Blades: 8x 1646 (4.2), Final Hit 444 (1.1) - Whirling Axe 15x 2565 (6.99).

Whirling Axe does more damage technically

2: Whirling Axe lets you move 50% faster while using it, and also hits 5 targets. Hundred Blades hits 3 targets and roots you for it's entirety

3: A case against it: Whirling Axe has a longer cool down and should be more powerful. True, I don't think Hundred Blades should have the same coefficient or damage or movement speed boost, however it should allow you to move normally

I miss the old days where Setup Warrior was actually a thing, but now we get Daredevil with a stunbreak ever 12 seconds or Mirage with a stun break on dodge so there's literally no such thing as setup in a pvp environment anymore.

Maybe make the mace trait make mace CC's unbreakable and unblinkable. That'd be a powerful alternative to Endure Pain Trait.

But if this doesn't happen, unrooting them would be good. Sword burst would still suck though, even as a condi attack it's probably worse than just auto attacking.

hundred blades right now is just kinda useless in any pvp environment as it has no utility and does so little dmg that you can easily rez downed people right through it. in any normal pvp game you would not hit someone for more than 2 dmg instances of the skill because people just move out of it or evade it or block it etc...

unrooting the skill would actually be a good change for once without increasing existing dmg numbers.

@Vagrant.7206 said:Greatsword already does a significant amount of damage and has plenty of utility. You want to add more?

And I thought I was nuts. Psh, we should just unroot all skills. Unrooted Prime Light Beam? Sure! Unrooted holo shockwave? WHY NOT?!

Players fear skill based countered. It seems Warriors more than others. Given the HUGE amounts of damage and CC they have, combined with their insane health and armor when running full zerk. Their passive defenses and regen. Even all of that isn't enough for some people :/

I do wonder how many of these Warriors would actually do on other classes that cant go full Zerk and live so easily. Actually having to think about sacrificing stats to gain somewhere else. If/when Warrior gets more balanced skill based gameplay, i am sure most will just jump to Condi Mirage. Like when Berserkerfirst came out. The few Berserkers that you saw, you knew were good. Then when Anet hugely buffed them (which they didnt need...) you couldnt turn a corner without seeing a Berserker lol

If not unroot, please at least remove it. I always accidentally mess up going to press right bumper to use sword leaps but utterly fail by rooting myself with 100b after I absent mindedly forget to weapon swap (I play with controller but maybe an issue for some keyboard users). It doesn't happen often and its my error. But that root really really punished my small mistake...

@Choppy.4183 said:The 50% speed buff doesn't function. Anyway, there's another current thread going about 100b

I think the 50% speed buff does work but it only increase 50% over base movement, since most warrior use warrior’s sprint, the movement speed will be increased from +25% to +50%, it is not quite noticeable.

I have a core condition tactics warrior that do not take discipline, but i use sword 2 and axe 5 for map travel in wvw. The speed buff is quite noticeable.

By the way i think 100b root is fine as is, if a buff is needed, i wish either it have a longer reach or projectile destory. Projectile destory was in my mind for very long, but as a skill that only 8sec CD, this may lead to a nerf somewhere in gs that doesn’t deserve.

Buffing greatsword will just pigeon hole warriors more and more into GS. GS has been for a long time the most widely used weapon.

Comparing whirling axe and 100 blades as equal skills is dishonest. Whirling axe has 15 s cooldown and 100 blades has 8 s cooldown. Greatsword has one of the best traits in the game: Forceful Greatsword, which has great synergy with Might Makes it Right. You get damage increase, might generation, endurance, healing and more power from just scoring critical hits with GS.

You can have either mobility & utility or DPS, not both.

If GS ends up being buffed, who would use the more rarely used warrior weapons like off-hand sword or warhorn? These two weapons would first of all need to be raised to the level of GS to achieve any sort of balance.

@Vagrant.7206 said:Greatsword already does a significant amount of damage and has plenty of utility. You want to add more?

And I thought I was nuts. Psh, we should just unroot all skills. Unrooted Prime Light Beam? Sure! Unrooted holo shockwave? WHY NOT?!

It is not adding more utility, it is fixing a skill that is borderline broken. Even in PvE where it usually works, if the enemy moves slightly the entire cast is wasted.

I've been playing around with GS in raids and it is a complete joke on bosses that require/force constant movement such as Sloth and VG. It is not about being able to run anyone down while casting 100b; it is about being allowed to adjust it slightly. If they kept the self-root, but at least let you angle it it would be fine, too.

Greatsword does not do significant damage. Prime light beam is a much shorter cast + long range. Not familiar with the shockwave you're talking about. I'm not saying remove roots, I'm saying there's no reason for Hundred Blades to be rooted comparing it to other abilities

Unroot it, increase to hit 5 no matter what. Or, don't unroot, increase to 5 hit, increase dmg a fair amount, and range just a tiny bit. May also reduce the cast time just a tad. or some combination would be welcome. Either or would work. From a PVE perspective this would help immensely . Bosses that move make 100b worthless. So many... many bosses. lol

@Crossaber.8934 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:The 50% speed buff doesn't function. Anyway, there's another current thread going about 100b

I think the 50% speed buff does work but it only increase 50% over base movement, since most warrior use warrior’s sprint, the movement speed will be increased from +25% to +50%, it is not quite noticeable.

I have a core condition tactics warrior that do not take discipline, but i use sword 2 and axe 5 for map travel in wvw. The speed buff is quite noticeable.

By the way i think 100b root is fine as is, if a buff is needed, i wish either it have a longer reach or projectile destory. Projectile destory was in my mind for very long, but as a skill that only 8sec CD, this may lead to a nerf somewhere in gs that doesn’t deserve.

no it does not work, just have somebody with superspeed run next to you and activate Whirling Axe without warriors sprint. you will see that you are a lot slower. also don*t try this when you are in a city with the pact commander mastery

edit: @crossaber sry you are right, somehow i always mixed the speed boost up with superspeed, but it's just half of that and then yeah it seems to be working.

@Ferus.3165 said:

no it does not work, just have somebody with superspeed run next to you and activate Whirling Axe without warriors sprint. you will see that you are a lot slower. also don*t try this when you are in a city with the pact commander mastery

it said +50% speed doesn't mean it is super speed.i have tested it without warrior's sprint, a 10sec distance running, same distance used whirlwind axe it only takes 7.5sec.

It is not ideal but it does moves roughly 50% faster than base movement, especially without any speed buff method.

By the way superspeed gives 100% speed buff.

yeah, and unroot meteor shower and barrage!

...though meteor shower could actually stand to be unrooted in pvp given the hilariously sad state of pvp staff ele. ele competes for weakest class even on its strongest builds, and staff is the weakest pvp weapon

The skill rooting you at this point in the game should just go. The days when you could setup 100B are long gone.I'm totally against 100% movement speed tho. You should only be able to move slightly to keep the spirit of the skill and balance

Unlike what some people may think, this will not force warriors into GS even more. Why? because the choice simply isn't there.

Hammers are supposed to be the Slow - AoE focused weapon for warriors that want to have a more bruiser-like role. Sadly hammers bring nothing of what they're supposed to bring. Low damage and incredibly easy to counter, even their mastery perk (Merciless Hammer) has nothing to do with the role hammers are supposed to cover. Their only redeeming point is that they can combo a lot in WvW.

Archived