Any reason not to delete my revenant?

Omnicron.2467

Power herald is the most fun thing to play in PvP (although it's considered bad), renegade is strong in raids (although not so fun to play..). Keep rev because maybe it will get buffed?

I keep playing rev for the weighted bat effect. Before going out to hit, baseball players swing around a bat with a weight wrapped around it to warm up. This way once they go out to bat, without the weight the bat feels super light and they hit harder. Practice rev while it's bad so that when it gets buffed you will feel like a god.

@Jack Skywalker.5674 said:Delete him, Revenant was meant to be a cash cow for Arena net to help it sell HoT.

Unfortunately I fell for that.

I don't love GW2's cooldown driven combat and neither the theme nor visual style of thief appeals to me. Revenant was sold as the solution. But ANet delivered two elite revenant specs in a row which poop on the promise. Two elite specs packed full of those accursed cooldowns.

I'm not gonna delete those characters but I didn't buy PoF and have stopped playing. Two out of two sucking so hard and in exactly the same way is a pretty good indication that I should expect more of the same from future elite specs.

im keeping mine out of hope, i kinda like the legend swapping mechanic, and like my ranger, i never feel alone when i solo cause i have the legends with me XP (the iddle conversations are hilarious and very well imply that the current chaneled legend is right there with you like a voice in your head), however im dont feel confortable with any of the odd weapon combinations for revenant (mace/axe condi? ranged hammers? slow dual wielding swords? lol) im kinda hoping for the next expansion to bring something fresh for reve, maybe a meta greatsword wielding legend. but if it doesnt, ill probably end up deleting it

• 2 months later...

I have tried every kind of build in every game mode with revenant, and the answer is always the same: Another profession I have can do the job better and it less clunky and more fun. I might just park him by some flax seeds for harvesting, or delete him for another character. But I am done with revenant.

I actually find I really like a lot of the weapon abilities, and i will miss Staff 5 (I wish that was a Daredevil Skill!!)The energy system needs a rework (no energy cost for weapon skills) and utility skills needs more diversity. Without these two things I would not recommend this profession.

@Martimus.6027 said:Yea I don't like anything about the revenant either. I boosted one to 80, played it for a good hour, unboosted it and deleted it. It just felt like some sort of Guardian with weirder mechanics.

The problem with Revenant and with your one hour test, is that just boosted doesn't get elite specs and you need that to flush out rev.

@schmots.6803 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:Yea I don't like anything about the revenant either. I boosted one to 80, played it for a good hour, unboosted it and deleted it. It just felt like some sort of Guardian with weirder mechanics.

The problem with Revenant and with your one hour test, is that just boosted doesn't get elite specs and you need that to flush out rev.

Yea, I concede that. Agreed. I didn't try the elite specs. Maybe I should give those a whirl. Which is your favorite and why?

@Omnicron.2467 said:I am so bored with the class due to the lack of choice in skills.

You probably don't want to play the class which doesn't swap utility/healing/elite skills outside of combat in return for having a single alternative set in combat then, no. That's one of the big underlying design elements of the class, after all. It is more than doubtful that this will ever change.

@Martimus.6027 said:

Yea, I concede that. Agreed. I didn't try the elite specs. Maybe I should give those a whirl. Which is your favorite and why?

I run herald because I solo PvE. Herald has the most survivability and self support though the damage output is on the low side. Renegade has a better ramp up of damage with conditions tougher targets, but less utility (in my opinion) to last long enough solo for it to matter.

@Omnicron.2467 said:I am so bored with the class due to the lack of choice in skills. A great concept and I like the legend swapping (reminds me a bit of Dervish) but the gameplay is so stale. Been trying Condi, was excited for Renegade but was very dissapointed. Still need to try Herald but doubt it will make the class any more exciting and diverse.

Any reason I should hold on and not delete him? I could roll myself a Necro, Warrior, or Elementalist in that slot

It does... Heral is kinda mandatory., i played rev w/o herald for quite some time, since it was a WvW build just to spam hammer skills nothing more, when i started to play with herald and doing some old energy management, i actualy dropped my guardian, and will probably next try a support build i have in mind.

Remaded my lvl 80 herald actually already 2 times xD.

@Carighan.6758 said:

@Omnicron.2467 said:I am so bored with the class due to the lack of choice in skills.

You probably don't want to play the class which doesn't swap utility/healing/elite skills
outside of combat
in return for having a single alternative set
in combat
then, no. That's one of the big underlying design elements of the class, after all. It is more than doubtful that this will ever change.

This is something I appreciate about the class in theory, but in terms of application the skill you need in a hurry is on the other legend and I found I do not want all the skills I am assigned, making it clunky to swap legend to access needed skills rather than just being able to slot them in one bar. Hence the irony is that while you have more skills than other classes you have less room to diversify your skills. Also if we take classes like Necro, Firebrand, and Holosmith you also get additional skills on a cooldown and I love those very much for the vesatily they offer me, unlike the legend swap mechanic.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Omnicron.2467 said:I am so bored with the class due to the lack of choice in skills. A great concept and I like the legend swapping (reminds me a bit of Dervish) but the gameplay is so stale. Been trying Condi, was excited for Renegade but was very dissapointed. Still need to try Herald but doubt it will make the class any more exciting and diverse.

Any reason I should hold on and not delete him? I could roll myself a Necro, Warrior, or Elementalist in that slot

It does... Heral is kinda mandatory., i played rev w/o herald for quite some time, since it was a WvW build just to spam hammer skills nothing more, when i started to play with herald and doing some old energy management, i actualy dropped my guardian, and will probably next try a support build i have in mind.

Remaded my lvl 80 herald actually already 2 times xD.

Tried Herald and I get it, but still feels boring to me, but I am glad you enjoy the profession :)

Archived