Ballance patch will anet get it right or not whats your opinion?

MarkoNS.3261

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@"Wanze.8410" said:not much point in such a poll if you dont specify the balance issues you are talking about because everybody has a different interpretation of what actually is an issue and what not.

i just want to see the opinions of the people i know where i stand with their "balance team" im jsut curious.

Just curious about what? whether everyone has a knee-jerk reaction to balance patches?

Here's what we can guarantee: regardless of the details, there will be a lot of complaints on the forum, most without specific or tangible criticism, other than "ANet doesn't know how to balance." There will be additional complaints in all nine of the profession-oriented forums. There will be complaints about condi & stealth in both the pvp and wvw forums, and about Winds of Disenchantment (either it was nerfed too hard or wasn't nerfed enough).

@"Wanze.8410" is right: the poll makes little sense unless you explain what is meant by "get it right."

A more interesting discussion question would be: what should ANet use as the baseline for balancing? Some people seem to think that ANet should go entirely by what shows up as "meta" on a benchmark site. Some think it should go by what "casuals" play or need. Should it go by raid meta? or Fractal meta? or PvP meta? Some people think ANet should go strictly by what their data shows is over-used or under-powered. Some say ANet should follow what the strongest critics say (and some want the loudest critics to be heard). Which of those, if any, would make for the best possible playing experience?

yeah because anything specific will get removed by the moderators, also for example why are they constantly nerfing eles for years now if other classes have lower dps potentioal shoudnt there dps be brought up and not mess around with the one class i liked, also how about 0 nerfs to thiefs in any game mode maybe 1 in 3 years and no nerfs to wars when they have unending resistance to conditions hmmm ?

I don't see why Thieves need a nerf at all.No clue on Warriors as I just don't like that class.Also isn't Elementalist still the top DPS so... what is the complaining in that?

because thief is a broken class, any good thief player will tell you that.

What would you nerf if you were the "balance team" yourself?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"Wanze.8410" said:not much point in such a poll if you dont specify the balance issues you are talking about because everybody has a different interpretation of what actually is an issue and what not.

i just want to see the opinions of the people i know where i stand with their "balance team" im jsut curious.

Just curious about what? whether everyone has a knee-jerk reaction to balance patches?

Here's what we can guarantee: regardless of the details, there will be a lot of complaints on the forum, most without specific or tangible criticism, other than "ANet doesn't know how to balance." There will be additional complaints in all nine of the profession-oriented forums. There will be complaints about condi & stealth in both the pvp and wvw forums, and about Winds of Disenchantment (either it was nerfed too hard or wasn't nerfed enough).

@"Wanze.8410" is right: the poll makes little sense unless you explain what is meant by "get it right."

A more interesting discussion question would be: what should ANet use as the baseline for balancing? Some people seem to think that ANet should go entirely by what shows up as "meta" on a benchmark site. Some think it should go by what "casuals" play or need. Should it go by raid meta? or Fractal meta? or PvP meta? Some people think ANet should go strictly by what their data shows is over-used or under-powered. Some say ANet should follow what the strongest critics say (and some want the loudest critics to be heard). Which of those, if any, would make for the best possible playing experience?

yeah because anything specific will get removed by the moderators, also for example why are they constantly nerfing eles for years now if other classes have lower dps potentioal shoudnt there dps be brought up and not mess around with the one class i liked, also how about 0 nerfs to thiefs in any game mode maybe 1 in 3 years and no nerfs to wars when they have unending resistance to conditions hmmm ?

I don't see why Thieves need a nerf at all.No clue on Warriors as I just don't like that class.Also isn't Elementalist still the top DPS so... what is the complaining in that?

speed for one if you can just run away its hardly a fair firght, overall dmg nerf by 30 % rework sniper specialization 2 shotting people is hardly ballanced in wvw, nerf some op traits like dmg to health, nerf dmg on dodge, reduce available skill points.

they nerfed eles so they could force the people to use other dps classes, guess what it didnt work and people are still using eles nerfed as they are. their solution to an imaginery problem did not fix anything.

Honestly, I think "all of the above" should be an applicable option in this poll. People who play nerfed builds will consider the game broken, while people who play buffed builds will be happy. People who play neglected builds will feel ignored, while people who are willing to jump bandwagons are happy with just about anything.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Mesmer needs a buff in power.Engineer needs to be scrapped and redone from the ground up.

I don't know what other balancing it needs. Everything else is fine.

If there is anything at all, that needs to be completely redone from scratch only, then it's the Revenant, not the Engineer.The Engineer has at least a great fundamental base concept design, that works and functionates with all other skill and gameplay elements of this game, which is something that you can't say at all on a fundamental level has ever been the case for the Revenant and its Specs from Day 1 on of their lousy existance as being the only class from all, which can't use racial skills, which can't freely decide which skills you want to use on a utility, healing and elite skill level, because everything is given to you with the silly stances which you have absolutely no build freedom with - as result of that is this class even the only one, with basically non existant build diversity, where the only build diversity this class has, comes from its few traits and how you combinate them with the few stances..wow, just wow...,!!!Meanwhile have all other classes alot more options on how to combinate all of their skills with each other and the traits in an alot more depthful and individual level of build diversity, that the Revenant Class can just dream about to have ever ...

@Orpheal.8263 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Mesmer needs a buff in power.Engineer needs to be scrapped and redone from the ground up.

I don't know what other balancing it needs. Everything else is fine.

If there is anythign at all, that needs to be completely redone from scratch only, then its the Revenant, not the Engineer.. The Engineer has at least a great fundamental base concept design, that works and functionates with all other skill and gameplay elements of this game, which is something, that you can't say at all on a fundamental level has ever been the case for the Revenant and its Specs from Day 1 on of their lousy existance as beign the only class from all, which can#t use racial skills, which can#t feeely decide which skills you want to use on a utility, healing and elite skill level, because everything is given to you with the silyl stances, that you you absolutely no build freedom and as result of that, is this class the only one with basically non existant build diversity, where the only build diversity this class has, comes from its few traits, and how you combinate them with the stances..wow, just wow...,!!! while all other classes have alot more options on how to combinate all of their skilsl with each other and the traits in an alot more depthful level of build diversity, that the Revenant Class can just dream about to have ever ...

Build diversity on most classes is a pipe dream due to the disparity between meta and non-meta builds - Revenant is just a little more open about it. It's fun to theorycraft, but at the end of the day, if you could kill something faster and easier... why wouldn't you?

I love Anet and beleive that they will do some good work.But well, im a Guardian, so my class is very well balanced and i have two amazing, yet unique, Elite skills, while being viable in ALL game modes and contents. So i have nothing to worry about ;)

i would be happier if they nerf bombing in WvW in general

@KeoLegend.5132 said:I love Anet and beleive that they will do some good work.But well, im a Guardian, so my class is very well balanced and i have two amazing, yet unique, Elite skills, while being viable in ALL game modes and contents. So i have nothing to worry about ;)

is this a troll post ? it reads so much as one xd.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

speed for one if you can just run away its hardly a fair firght, overall dmg nerf by 30 % rework sniper specialization 2 shotting people is hardly ballanced in wvw, nerf some op traits like dmg to health, nerf dmg on dodge,
reduce available skill points

KRz1gXi.gifI... I got nothing.Reduce skill points. Okay.

speed for one if you can just run away its hardly a fair firght, overall dmg nerf by 30 % rework sniper specialization 2 shotting people is hardly ballanced in wvw, nerf some op traits like dmg to health, nerf dmg on dodge,
reduce available skill points

KRz1gXi.gif

I... I got nothing.Reduce skill points. Okay.

i mean the unique skill points thief has for activating skills you know forgot the name.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:I love Anet and beleive that they will do some good work.But well, im a Guardian, so my class is very well balanced and i have two amazing, yet unique, Elite skills, while being viable in ALL game modes and contents. So i have nothing to worry about ;)

is this a troll post ? it reads so much as one xd.

Well its not. If you look closely, The only Profession atm which has a good Core and Elites, both viable is the Guardian. I love the fact that i can tank, support and dps consistently with any of the Elites. Of course there's others that can do it, but imo not as good and as balanced as the Guardian. The class is just very well toned. Not weak and not OP

Build Diversity in this Game is a pipe dream, yes, as long you give Classes no clearly defined roles, that are then spread out on a multitude of traitlines and skills that give the player enough variety for these roles to be played out and that also effectively in all game modes, and not only basically one, or two maybe, while the role is most likely in mode 3 completely useless and as such, leads to the result of reduced build diversity indirectly, if builds practically play in a game mode no role.

Role Playing Games aren't called Role Playing Games just only for the acting of a character role in a story, but also because of the characters with their classes and professions having gameplay relevant roles which define, how there are played, for which reason(s) they are played diversely in the game and how they complement the combat system of a game together in a system, full of synergies of classes between each other. At least that should be the goal of class design, that they should synergize with each other in the end to reach a good balance.If a class design doesn't give you the feeling, that the gameplay elements and mechanics synergize well together with other roles and mechanics from other classes of the game, then this should be a warning to the designer in responsibility, that something in the class design doesn't fit into the game and should be changed, so that the classes with their roles can run and work together smoothly like being oiled.

Thats for example a reason for it, why it is long overdue, that Stealth for example should have been reworked a long time ago bettre from being a Buff into a Boon and why Classes, like the Thief obviously are underperforming right now, when it comes to the question of it, if this class by its design actually really is able to fulfill truly it's role - my answer to this would be currently a clear and straight forward strong NO.

Why you may ask?Because Anet doesn't give the Thief Class currently in their game the tools, that a Thief Class needs to actually being able at all to fulfill the classic roles of a Thief Class.Just having only Stealth and being able to use once in a blue moon every half aminute a Pseudo Steal, without that the enemy has lost anything at all, isn't for me a Thief, which has a clear defined role in this game.

A clear defined role for the Thief Class would be for me:

• Significant more Boon Stealing and Boon Sharing of stolen Boons as a matter of Group Support Role that comes automatically with stealing BoonsThe Thief Class by design has the Role of being the Counter Role to any heavy Boon reliant Build of any other Classs, that has massive access to Boons, like Guardian, Mesmer and Engineer

• Build in Trap Control Effects within Skills and Traits, so that the Thief can play out its Support Role of nullifying Traps, in which Thieves are specioalized in. no other Class knowes better as them, how to safely remove traps, due to them beign permanently in their life beign contronted with locations being full of traps, into which they want to infiltrate to steal things from someones manor maybe, like some valuable jewels and other treasuries, which need to be protected by - you gues it - TRAPS! Thieves are the born Treasure Hunter Role, but Anet doesn't give them the key tool for playing this role out in the game, so that we could have some counter balance against annoying Trap Builds.... with a Class, that can fight fire with fire as being a Class, which uses Traps also self and knows the basics of trappery best aside of maybe Rangers, which need to have this expertise as part of their wildernis survival skills. Basically speaking - any Class that can lay traps, should also know how to safely neutralize enemy traps as well!! Makes just sense!

• Disarming of Enemies: so that stealing from foes actually finally feels right like having stolen actually something from an enemy as part of the Rogue Role that Thieves should have, so that they practically can steal from you everything that's not nailed down. This should include Equipment as well - Weapons, to temporarely make foes unable to attack, workign basically like a thief unique form of Daze with longer durations which can't get removed by a stunbreaker and when used on Gear, that it reduces temporarely the Defense Value of your Targets and their Attributes that were attached to the stolen Gear Item (not really stolen, so don't worry! Just temporarely disabled for combat ;))

This are the 3 of 4 key roles that define a Thief Class, and all 3 don't they exist more or less.Yes, the Thief has a few ways to steal Boons, but absolutely not enough in my opinion to fulfill its role as a superior heavy boon counter class that is able to clearly suppress a heavy boon class like the Guardian, Mesmer or Engineer from getting too much advantages of their massive amounts of Boons to force them to retreat from you, if you are playing a heavy Boon Steal Build...It is kinda the other way around, you sadly must retreat from them, because their builds just ram you into the ground, if you don't fight those classes in a +1, especially their E-Specs, which naturally also profitate alot from it that their Core Classes have so much constant access to Boons, while the Thief Class has not due to the massive lack of Boon Stealing in this Class Design to be able to fight these classes down as a Boon Parasite which should profitate the most from if, the more their enemies use boons, which they can steal then and use against them ... as that is the last of the 4 big key roles, which define a Thief - that they are that kind of sneaky cunning combatants, which always try to turn the situation to their own favor, by using the powers of their foes against them.Anet tried it with the Steal Skills, but those also need more variety, which is why I think they should have more Steal Skill Varity from stealing of other Classes, to clearly fulfill that role of being the sneaky cunning marauder/copy cat, which grinds their foes to death and despair by giving you the feeling, that they always kind of counter you with your own weapons and that with some kind of variety and not always only the same stolen skills - which is simply said - boring and monotonous, if you steal from your enemies always only the same things.

Thats my view as a year long Main Thief Player since the beginning of GW2. Thieves are (should be) more, than just only a mobile class, which is only there to help others ending battles quickly from turning 1v1 into +1 battles . And they could be more, if Anet just gives this class those mentioned tools, which would alow the Thief Class to make usage of their full potential..The class feels like being a bird, that has been locked away in a bird cage , so that it can't fly freely - but only it its very limited space that it has in its cage, because if it could fly freely, then it could show all of its flight skills without restrictions. I hope this little metaphor was understandable, what I wanted to express out with this.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if they get it right or not, because there will always be a group that thinks they know how the game should be balanced, whether they are correct or not. I've never seen a truly well balanced MMO (if you think you have, you're wrong.) On every MMO forum in existance everyone has different opinions on how their class performs. Mains think their class under-performs, non-mains think the same class over-performs because they don't main it enough to know how to counter it. Everyone thinks they know what's best and at the end of the day everyone is wrong and "best" is not really as objective as it seems. Everything devs give us will never be good enough, or will be wrong, and no one will be happy because they didn't balance the way the armchair programmers and backseat game developers said they should.

@Vulf.3098 said:They are going to try and nerf Scourge for PvP/WvW which is going to make them completely useless in PvE.

Thats actually not true at all, since PvE and PvP/WvW code is split. Remember PvE and Pvp/WvW have there own Coding sections now so that they no longer effect one or the other so they can make changes accordingly in the game modes they see fit.

Archived