what's churning earth and why did it crit me for over 8000 damage ?

Anthony.7260

@Razor.6392 said:Of all the things to complain about... you choose one of the most telegraphed and inferior abilities in the game lol.

I can name at least 30 different abilities that can do over 8k damage upfront in wvw while also being 200x easier to land, with no channels, lower cooldown and sometimes even ranged!

Let's start:

• True Shot

LOL no.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Of all the things to complain about... you choose one of the most telegraphed and inferior abilities in the game lol.

I can name at least 30 different abilities that can do over 8k damage upfront in wvw while also being 200x easier to land, with no channels, lower cooldown and sometimes even ranged!

Let's start:
  • True Shot

LOL no.

This is about wvw.

True shot can do over 8k in wvw.

• 2 weeks later...

@Razor.6392 said:

Let's start:
  • True Shot

LOL no.

This is about wvw.

True shot can do over 8k in wvw.

Yeah sure; 2600+ power, 220% crit damage DH with 10+ might stacks, aegis on, and firing from 1200 range vs. opponent with 0 toughness, is crippled + 25 stacks of vuln?

As someone who actually roams with DH I can tell you that the most you'll be hitting with trueshot against squishier roamers is 6k. Vast majority of the time you hit 5k crits and if the opponent has damage reduction traits or protection you get 3-4k crits. Trueshot is a shadow of what it once was.

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Anthony.7260" said:

i am playing a roaming drunk engineer and was harassing a black gate zerg tail. I was fighting 3 guys and i used my healing elixir and even with the heal i dropped from half orb to down state.

Why is this possible ?

Because you're drunk and forgot to trait Self-Regulating Defenses.

Self-Regulating Defenses would have done nothing in the OP's situation. SRD only triggers when struck while below 25% health. If you get 1-shot from 50% health SRD does not trigger because you where never struck while below 25%.

@Kovu.7560 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Hits a lot harder than 8k when the stars align properly (stacking bonus buffs and various things via traits.)
AWleIGA.png

Very fun build but brown bears will 1 shot you.

Next time don't black out "Legendary defender".

~ Kovu

You're welcome to assume that but your assumption is wrong :wink:

Not sarcasm, it was a very logical assumption, one I would have made too.

@Kovu.7560 said:Okay, ambient creature then? o__o

~ Kovu

Nope.

The stars aligned, that's all (damage bonuses, might, invulns, less than 50% health, stunned, burning and so on). Was also pre-patch on the Fortitude buffs if you remember those, so it's an old picture.I think roughly about the same time they decreased the damage on it and decreased the channel time too, used to have a 3s channel if I remember right.

The highest I've managed since Feb 6th is about 28k, wasn't sure what that hit though but it was someone or something in a tail end of the zerg, got my 1 hit in and died.

Funny to see my One Shot Weaver Video on this topic haha.Since last balance patch Ele has a skill to make next 5 attack +25% DPS...Before with my build I usually crit between 10k & 20k. Sometimes more. Now... It's not rare I reach the 30k.But of course 100% squishy, everyone one shot me, & I died if I dont one shot all the ennemy at the first time.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Xillllix.3485 said:Just saying, glass ele gets hit for 18k CoR and that coming damage is from a heavy class.Well to balance it off at least eles can do meteor storms for ~180K damage that is enough to kill 10 glass revs (not counting 3 targets, so technically 30 revs). Just saying.

Ok lol, sure. With a big fat red circle everyone jumps out and the 2-3 meteors that hit something getting blocked.

Archived