World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

There's still the question as to why a guild would need a switch to be set as WvWguild or activate the possibility to be repped for WvW.Played season ranked pvp?wanna get your guild ranked "legendary"?then play as a wvw guild else play as normally "normal match" then your guild don't get rankedjust my 2 cents

@"McKenna Berdrow.2759" said:... If you aren't playing with a guild then the system will use whatever language you set the game as to sort you into a world that is that language.As a Guildplayer this is not relevant to me, but… I don't know if that's a good idea, i know a lot of Players on German Servers who have there game set to english and the other way around.Maybe there could be a little drop-down menu next to the "i have no wvw-guild"-option. Of course if this is to much work, there is the workaround of creating a 1 Man Guild and setting it's language.

Aside form Linking and the chat, are you thinking about other Alliance-features? For example:Will it be possible to see a List of all Members (Players) of the alliance, perhaps sorted by Guild, possibly displaying Ranks to see who's in charge?Will it be possible to enter guildhalls of allied guild, like in GW1, if so will there be a way to keep people out if needed? This would be nice for GvGs or 1v1ing Friends you don't share a Guild with arena with.

Will it be possible for a guild to be in more than one alliance, only setting one as the alliance they want to be linked with? This might be useful to coordinate other things, aside linking.

Will Worlds display a List of alliances and guilds linked together, simmilar to how linked servers are displayed? Maybe sort them by amount of members or only show guilds that contribute a certain amount of players in the first place. This would make it easier to organize after every relink

@MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

@Cyczer.7834 said:You just have to join them and choose them as your wvw guild and you can keep playing with your friends.

Did Anet say you
have to
?

Guilds is only for sorting players on the world. In the extreme example of someone having 0 guilds joining WvW, I'm assuming he will just join a random world thats not full, for the duration of being logged on. Another random world the next time he logs etc. Alternativly setting that random world as the home world until reset.

At least that would be the logical method.

Thats exactly what it is, you have to join guilds if you dont wanna rely on your luck to being put in same server. Otherwise you'll be placed randomly.

Its not by random. Its based off you contacts and what guilds you are in. who you party with. So if you choose to not have any guild claimed as your WvW guild, it will STILL take into account what guilds you're in when it places you. Furthermore Arena Net has alluded to the fact, that it is still able for such an individual to Transfer during the 8 week Season so you are indeed never trapped.Uhm isnt it kind of hard to take into account what guild you are in if you have no guild and no friends?

I highly doubt the MMR can place you based on data that doesnt exist. Remember we arent all veterans with 5 guilds, new players are gonna have to join WvW too.

Will be there the posibility an alliance declares war to other alliances to get sure that they are not on the same world?I play on a german server and in the last years there are only fights in our community, which means that we ourselves are our biggest enemy, but none of the warring players or guilds wants to leave the server.

GvG guilds would probably also appreciate that because they could increase the probability of playing against other GvG guilds.

Off topic:Still lots of players are missing the old GW1 time where 16 vs 16 / Guild vs Guild playgrounds are available.
In EU the GvG will happen on the Eternal Battlegrounds and the 3 Borderlands which leads to "discussions" with WvW players.

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:

@Kalaina.8245 said:-snip-And a couple of broader questions:

A significant portion of the WvW community doesn't find a defensive ppt-oriented playstyle enjoyable, and accordingly prefer being in lower tiers where they're more likely to be matched up against others who similarly don't care about points or winning. Likewise, a number of people prefer being in lower population matchups where they can feel more impactful and be involved in smaller scale fights. Will this algorithm be working off a base assumption that all players want to be in high-population matchups that care about winning through score?

This is my concern. I moved to a T4ish server to fit my playing preference. Will the new system take that choice away and force me to be on blobby worlds? Also, there are guilds I do NOT want to end up with, along with certain individuals. Will we be forced to play with those we have paid to get away from?

This is my concern too, I have asked similar questions many pages before.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Yes. Isnt that the point?

Instead of huge vs big vs small server in matchups you will now be "forced" to play big vs roughly as big vs maybe slightly less big. Even if you previously joined a small server for that playstyle.

Thats the cost of "balance". Its one that you are going to have to pay whether you like it or not. Sorry.

Most will argue its worth it.

Many players would post their views in the forum, but there are many more who never post anything in forums or never even bother to visit one. So 'most' is only the majority of forum users.

This is why, in the new World Restructuring system, we will remove all players from their current worlds, and make new worlds every eight weeks. This will create more granular pieces, which allow us to avoid situations like the Crystal Desert example.

Will we get a compensation for all the gems we spended over the years to move servers to play on different servers or join guilds and had to spend. Or are you not planing on something like that?

If I got a copper for every time someone from Blackgate complained how they won't be able to "outskill" their opponents if the Devs go ahead with the proposed changes, I would have my Legendary set by now.

Come on guys, for once think of other members of GW2 WvWvW whose servers did not accidentally open and they were unable to massively bloat their WvWvW population. They are getting bored and leaving WvWvW. If you love your server so much then name your alliance after it. BeastgatePvDAlliance, DoubleCoverageThanYouAlliance or simply Blackgate Alliance.

I know you may have large numbers on these forums, but remember there are a lot of players who left WvWvW after giving up all hope. They may return after the proposed changes are implemented. You can keep your legacy alive by naming your alliance after your server. I know many of you have worked hard to keep your server alive, see this change as an evolution of your server identity rather than its death.

Servers are made with it's population, which will still be present in game. Don't quit, things are about to get better, for everyone.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Cyczer.7834 said:You just have to join them and choose them as your wvw guild and you can keep playing with your friends.

Did Anet say you
have to
?

Guilds is only for sorting players on the world. In the extreme example of someone having 0 guilds joining WvW, I'm assuming he will just join a random world thats not full, for the duration of being logged on. Another random world the next time he logs etc. Alternativly setting that random world as the home world until reset.

As far as I have understood it even a solo un-guilded player will be assigned a world and will stay in that world for the whole duration of that season.

@Trajan.4953 said:

Of course guilds are already rallying to form alliances, but in case you haven't been paying attention one of the beautiful things about guilds in this game is with alliances also come huge egos. How many times have you seen Elite fighting guilds form and then blow up a month later once the egos Clash. This will nowbe happening on a larger scale, this makes it more exciting if anything

What you label exciting I label as toxic. I creates an environment that will be less welcoming to new players and leads to implosions. Having been through 2 of those, I don't think its something that should be encouraged. I get anet needs to try something here, I just think this will do more harm than good to the WvW community in the long run.

@glass.3245 said:

@"Tolmos.8395" said:I would like to reiterate the previous questions posed, and not yet answered, about how this will affect Roleplayers.This is something we hadn’t fully considered and we’ll start looking into possible solutions.

It would be nice if you roleplayers could enter WvW in "guest mode" and be seen as NPCs by the other players. More than once I've gone into a group full burst before noticing say chat and trying to disengage. The tone of frustration suggested that this was pretty common.

Wait, what? Roleplayers in WvW? Thats a thing?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Did Anet say you
have to
?

Thats exactly what it is, you have to join guilds if you dont wanna rely on your luck to being put in same server. Otherwise you'll be placed randomly.

Its not by random. Its based off you contacts and what guilds you are in. who you party with. So if you choose to not have any guild claimed as your WvW guild, it will STILL take into account what guilds you're in when it places you. Furthermore Arena Net has alluded to the fact, that it is still able for such an individual to Transfer during the 8 week Season so you are indeed never trapped.Uhm isnt it kind of hard to take into account what guild you are in if you have no guild and no friends?

I highly doubt the MMR can place you based on data that doesnt exist. Remember we arent all veterans with 5 guilds, new players are gonna have to join WvW too.

if you have no guilds and no friends. why would you care where you're placed.

@Mil.3562 said:

@Kalaina.8245 said:-snip-And a couple of broader questions:

A significant portion of the WvW community doesn't find a defensive ppt-oriented playstyle enjoyable, and accordingly prefer being in lower tiers where they're more likely to be matched up against others who similarly don't care about points or winning. Likewise, a number of people prefer being in lower population matchups where they can feel more impactful and be involved in smaller scale fights. Will this algorithm be working off a base assumption that all players want to be in high-population matchups that care about winning through score?

This is my concern. I moved to a T4ish server to fit my playing preference. Will the new system take that choice away and force me to be on blobby worlds? Also, there are guilds I do NOT want to end up with, along with certain individuals. Will we be forced to play with those we have paid to get away from?

This is my concern too, I have asked similar questions many pages before.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Yes. Isnt that the point?

Instead of huge vs big vs small server in matchups you will now be "forced" to play big vs roughly as big vs maybe slightly less big. Even if you previously joined a small server for that playstyle.

Thats the cost of "balance". Its one that you are going to have to pay whether you like it or not. Sorry.

Most will argue its worth it.

Many players would post their views in the forum, but there are many more who never post anything in forums or never even bother to visit one. So 'most' is only the majority of forum users.

Most will probably be most period. Thats how lots of people in unbalanced upper tier servers vs smaller amount of people in lower tier servers work. I know some people like the smaller servers but still - Anets data prove there is a large WvW activity difference. The servers arent balanced.

I have no doubt that we will still see population variations but if you want more dynamic balance between worlds...

Its like a football game where champions leaguers are set to play against a team of 6 year olds. Sure the 6 year olds may think its awesome playing against soccer pros and wanna stick with their friends, but you are gonna have to shuffle the teams to get a fair match and sligtly less trampled 6 year olds.

@"Cyczer.7834" said:Im failing to understand the issue with "randoms" or "people that doesnt want to commit in a wvw guild"

As I understood, its basically world vs world is transferring into alliance vs alliance and even if you are a casual player for wvw, you can just join a community guild that doesnt require any heavy commitments. You just have to join them and choose them as your wvw guild and you can keep playing with your friends. ( I also want to remind all of you that we have a glorious system that lets us join 5 guilds at once because why not?) A few main servers already started preparing for this suggestion, there are some new community guilds that invites those "randoms" or "casuals" , whatever name you wanna give them.

Remember that this is still an idea in discussion, this is not its final form, means that there might be multiple drastical changes in the system . Because in theory, you may not even need an alliance, you can just gather entire Blackgate in same server again.( Lets say its 500 players since lower cap for alliance system was proposed as 500 and guilds can hold that many) ,

On the other hand, this system will end bandwagoning to good servers and bring a balance to the numbers

Assume a guild is casual enough to take someone who plays WvW once or twice a month. That means maybe 5-10 people max you are familiar with at peak times during the week, and any off-peak time generally zero. Can you not see how that is different from the entire world being the same people week after week?

But let us also be honest here. This is one of the most obvious issues, and the developers have considered it and decided it is not a priority. In fact, they put as a main benefit a contradictory “Diversify WvW experiences”. One cannot get a sense of community from a constantly shifting experience. The developers rejected the more common (much easier) solution to this problem of having random queues side-by-side with non-random queues, diving far enough into this more complicated approach to publicly announce it. So, you can quite safely assume concern for community won’t significantly impact the design decisions being made. And who knows, maybe that’s the right business decision.

Good system overall. The pros (busting up the BG and Mag conglomerates) heavily outweigh the cons ("server identity"). As long as certain kinks are ironed out, such as a guilds making up an alliance having more members than are allowed in the alliance, I think this system will be beneficial for the game mode in both short and long term.

@pombear.1058 said:

@Richard.8207 said:I don’t want another guild or alliance....I want to be able to get familiar with the community. That community aspect is the important part of the game to me. If not for community, I’d be playing a different game.

Do you not see what you are saying? You say that community is important but you don't want to join a community. It makes no sense. Elitism of others has nothing to do with that.

I see what you are saying, but guilds/alliances have limited spaces, which leads to those who have invitation rights being picky in who they invite...Communities should not discriminate in such a way... The more limited the spaces, the more elitest people become, in order to highten their chances of winning/having fun.These 'communities' are not what a lot of people want to be a part of.

When was the last time you saw 500-1000 players in WvW?

Edit: ON ONE SIDE!!!

I think you are getting confused... The 500-1000 cap is for the alliance as a whole, much like the current guild cap is 500 regardless of players are online or not....

That's my point. Why would that range be too low? When the worlds will still be populated with non alliance guilds and random players to fill the remaining spots.

It's all still in it's infancy.

@MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

Did Anet say you
have to
?

if you have no guilds and no friends. why would you care where you're placed.

They just wanna have the power to be on a server where they can leech of the good guild/commanders of a server, get carried and then say ¨ i am maguuma bitches MAGSWAG!!!!¨, without actually trying to be good and acomplish something on their own. This profile describes anyone complaining on this post basically.

@Raymond Lukes.6305 said:

@Tolmos.8395 said:I would like to reiterate the previous questions posed, and not yet answered, about how this will affect Roleplayers.This is something we hadn’t fully considered and we’ll start looking into possible solutions.

To be honest, ever since the mega-server system was implemented it has made it difficult to find other people role-playing out in the world. We can of course be members of and rep a mega-guild but the community is so much larger than just 500 players. If there were a way to tag a guild as an RP guild, and form an alliance of only guilds that are also tagged as RP guilds, that would allow priority on mega-servers but have zero influence on world placement at all, this would actually go a long way towards fixing issues we've had since mega-servers launched in the first place. It would certainly go a long way towards making the RP community of GW2 feel appreciated and wanted.

I would even take this further if possible, allowing a guild to tag as PvE as well, once again to influence only mega-server placement. The ability to form PvE only alliances, (hopefully with alliance chat) really help when it comes to organizing map-wide metas as well. It would be really actually very freeing to my guild list to be able to have an RP guild, a WvW guild, a PvE guild, a PvP guild and a Casual guild, and have access to the alliance chats of each, which could only help to expand the social and community aspects of the game for everyone. To be honest one of the things I missed most about GW1 was true alliances, which created large communities for any type of player.

@Rampage.7145 said:

@"danserafim.7051" said:And the maps? There will be changes in the maps, Apine, Desert, new, since we are all already tired?Will there be new siege weapons? Air combat, Mount Combat?

Please ignore the maps and whatver add ons like mounts or whatver focus on making the game good and balanced active and fun again, then worry about all those new things, if anything 99% of the players do not really care about any of them tbh we just wanna come home from work and have fun playing with our friends, dosnt matter if it is the same 5 year old map over and over as long it is fun. Look at games like counter strike DOTA LOL or whatver same old maps, it is all about the gameplay being fun, sure u can add stuff once you actually accomplish the first.

Think bigger not smaller. I play several hours of WvW all day and I know what im talking about. All this announced changes matter, but ONLY this doesn't change anything, in long terms, if Anet doesnt bring new contents, like new maps, map rotation, new siege weapons, rebuild alpine with shrines, rethink sentries with something else, remove or rethink JP inside the BLs...