Ever going to fix Berserker?

Apolo.5942

Power berserker

You mean my greatsword plus hammer berserker statted berserker with lots of power?Which pumelled balthazar into the ground with no sweat?(Given, we had a special sword then, but i also pumelled everything from thr amnoon oasis to his stage into the ground)

Hence, there's nothing dead about the power berserker but your personal desire not to play it

comparing open world pve to anything else lul m8 good joke

berserker is dead in pvp and wvw since those changes and all those ppl saying its still alive have never played those modes before and/or are only caring about condi pve meta (its viable there, ok)

You can only cram so much ignorance into a single post before people start to think you’re trolling.The warrior, even in power, is still very viable in PvP, and WvW, if you so much spend half as much time practicing the class as you do rolling on the forums

ive put more than 5,5k hours into this game, modt of them on warrior (like 4k) and of that time ive spent most of it in wvw zerging and roaming.ive never said that power warrior isnt viable, i said power berserker isnt viable in those modes, you should spend more time reading other ppl posts

So do you, because I was explicitly talking about wvw and pvp.I’ve also put in a small 4k, in PvE, WvW, raids, PvP, so I’m prety sure I know how to handle a warrior in difficult situations

everybody who spent just a few hours in pvp can tell you why adrenalin tier nerfs (also casttime nerf on headbut and other small changes) on berserker killed it mostly

Which makes it less good in top tier PvP and WvW, but still viable for low gold, and roaming in WvW

you said "power warrior is still viable..." thus not specifically going for berserker and the fact that almost nobody is playing berserker atm says enough about the spec, you might be a special snowflake playing this spec, its still way below sb and coreyou didnt bring any argument to the table why anyone should play berserker over the other 2.low gold, wow, you consider everything above that high tier pvp? youd probably still be higher anyways with spellbreaker...

its not even fun anymore when it just feels punishing to play, you cant rly use your burst skills, because you want to go into berserker, thus not getting your traits, and when you finally enter berserker, your primal bursts only count as tier1 bursts, thats a lose lose situation

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuous nerfs, shifting METAs and the introduction of more powerful elites without any buffs to the old basically removed it from all modes but certain instanced PvE content.And of course, there is always this one guy in these topics - no matter which build or class we are talking about. You know the guy. He makes it work somehow and to a small degree but that does not change the facts in the end. Simply shows how stubborn people can be. Necromancer forum says 'hi'.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:I didn't know this was the necro sub forum.

only if we get atleast 500 more threads like this, necros reached 1k threads a few days ago, while warrior hasnt even reached 500 :^)

... and you honestly think that's going to accomplish something. The worst thing here is that some warrior players think they have it tough ... like when the drunk rich kid crashes his Ferrari. You don't know how many people play berserker and how they do with it in the game modes they use it. The only argument that anyone needs to bring of why people should play berserker over the other two is because they like it and are good with it. Arguing that a specific espec isn't good in a particular game mode is not relevant for why people shouldn't use it.

Even if the original complaint was true, it's irrelevant anyways. Find me a SINGLE class were every elite , including core, is not dead in every game mode. OP is complaining about what is NORMAL in this game and it's ignorant. How do you want to look?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:I didn't know this was the necro sub forum.

only if we get atleast 500 more threads like this, necros reached 1k threads a few days ago, while warrior hasnt even reached 500 :^)

... and you honestly think that's going to accomplish something. The worst thing here is that some warrior players think they have it tough ... like when the drunk rich kid crashes his Ferrari. You don't know how many people play berserker and how they do with it in the game modes they use it. The only argument that anyone needs to bring of why people should play berserker over the other two is because they like it and are good with it. Arguing that a specific espec isn't good in a particular game mode is not relevant for why people shouldn't use it.

Even if the original complaint was true, it's irrelevant anyways. Find me a SINGLE class were every elite , including core, is not dead in every game mode. OP is complaining about what is NORMAL in this game and it's ignorant. How do you want to look?

dunno why you get so angry now, i never said it would accomplish anything, i just answered to his joke in a joking manner, stating a fact i think is funny

"oh you rich boys with your op class think you have it sooo tough" damn what class are you playing that is constantly useless and was never in a good state? if you are bothered by the fact that some ppl still feel the need to express what they think is badly done or could be better, than just leave this forum, what are you even doing here,telling ppl to stop talking about a topic they think its worth to talk about? just dont stop, ignore it and keep going. easy.

also your way of thinking is so sad, just because not everything is in balance right now and probably will never be, doesnt mean that it should just be ignored, because its never balanced anyways "oh yea you balancing devs? nah we dont need you anymore, the game will never be balanced anyways, go get a new job or create some pve or black lion trading company content"

doesnt matter which class it is, every spec should be somehow viable in a balanced fashion (possible or not) if i was nec main id be talking with other ppl there, it just happens that i main warri and like to talk about that class

im talking about personal experiences, i havent seen berserker for months in pvp/wvw and that for a good reason in my opinion, because power berserker was completely gutted and is too bad to be compared with core or sb, there are many that agree

tl;drlet ppl discuss stuff, just because the perfect balance will never be reached is no reason to stop trying to get atleast closer to it

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:I didn't know this was the necro sub forum.

ROtUZl8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What they really need to do to fix Power Berzerker is have activating Berzerk count as spending two adrenaline bars (You have to land the burst for the 3rd) for the purposes of Berzerker's Power, Cleansing Ire, and Adrenal Health, re-emphasizing the "Initiate Temporary God Mode" nature of the class feature, and maintaining the trail-off as the Primal Bursts can't maintain the Adrenal Health/Berzerker Power stacks alone.

The biggest problem with zerker is that it isn't Spellbreaker. Spellbreaker does everything Berserker does while having way more utility and survivability.

If spellbreaker vanished tomorrow an unchanged zerker would be on the upper tier of average for any game mode.

@Happybee.9807 said:The biggest problem with zerker is that it isn't Spellbreaker. Spellbreaker does everything Berserker does while having way more utility and survivability.

If spellbreaker vanished tomorrow an unchanged zerker would be on the upper tier of average for any game mode.

No it would not, i would still play core over zerker on both pvp and wvw. Been there done that.

@Happybee.9807 said:The biggest problem with zerker is that it isn't Spellbreaker. Spellbreaker does everything Berserker does while having way more utility and survivability.

Berseker just doesn't offer anything besides PvE damage. Everything is either a line shot or telegraphed like Head Butt. Berserker mode is really cool and the burst skills are awesome, but that's where it ends already. Shattering Blow is extremely good too actually.

But as I said, it's useless beyond that. No real aoe capabilities, no utility at all, everything is just going out right in front of you and will never hit a moving player.

It still works, I use it WvW. The thing is that in WvW every player or group you come across are not all super god players. From that reality alone you can run whatever you want. I run a whole host of Warrior builds, I have 5 right now that are in rotation.

But even with that reality out of the way, the spec still feels weak. I know the last 4-5 Berserkers that I have fought on my meta Core Warrior all went down super fast and I was hitting just as hard if not harder then they were. Them entering Berserk mode felt like it did not even matter.

I personally see the spec as a glass cannon at least in Warrior terms, that should be hitting way harder than core. That is not happening right now.

To be fair nerfing Primal Burst counting as 1 Adrenaline bar would have been fine, if they actually made Berserker Mode come with its own specific benefits /decent bonus like 33% reduced Damage and Condi Damage, as well as counting Entering Berserker mode 1 bar of Adrenaline spent. Bloody Roar should have a bigger Damage Modifier like (15% additional Damage, 25% against CC'd foes), or 15% + 25% Crit Chance At the moment Berserker doesn't feel like a rampaging death machine, it feels like the same base warrior, with lesser damage/Survivability and just a bit more CC.

Rather than a static damage reduction, why not make Berserker Mode grant delayed damage instead. When in Berserk Mode, the health globe will highlight how much damage is waiting to be taken each tick, as well as the total deferred damage. If you would die, your health bar will turn a different color for you and others to know to heal.

Reasoning: Berserker damage is fine, with access to both spammy attacks (primals) and tier 3 bursts. What it lacks is damage mitigation. Unlike Spellbreaker, who wants to block and reflect it on his foes, Berserker instead embraces the damage he is about to take, gaining more and more power from more and more damage. There's nothing more dangerous than someone who embraces having half a foot in the Mists.

Ex:Berserk33% of incoming damage (including conditions) is taken over 10 seconds instead (applies a debuff called Delayed Pain). Each stack tracks its own original pool of damage, which is important for a couple traits. Damage is treated as power damage and is thusly negated by Endure Pain and similar skills, and will heal the warrior when Defiant Stance is active. Note also that Resistance will prevent you from obtaining stacks from conditions, and Endure Pain (and similar) will prevent you from gaining stacks from power damage. Healing does not counteract the pool, but an counteract the damage ticks. Barrier will not block stacks from accumulating, but does not prevent the delayed damage.

TRAIT CHANGES

AdeptSmash Brawler: Current (not total) Cooldown of Primal Bursts and Berserk reduced by the number of Delayed Pain stacks every second (1% per stack? subject to change).Idea: High risk reward, eat more hits, use more Berserk. Good when paired with stances so you can go ham while ignoring Delayed Pain damage, while gaining the cooldown reduction for having many of them.

Last Blaze: Non-Torch Berserker Skills apply burning, duration increased by the number of Delayed Pain stacks (10% per). If you are downed by Delayed Pain, explode and apply 3 stacks of burning to enemies around you.Idea: Convert pain into burning. Upgraded to include Primal Bursts, but doesn't touch torch burning. When you pop from damage, you apply a truly final blaze.

Savage Instinct:
Berserk Mode removes 2 conditions and breaks stun. Berserk Mode is available during Berserk, costing 10 adrenaline and refreshing all Delayed Pain stacks on the warrior (updating their pool accordingly, so if you had 5 seconds of 100 damage left, it would go back to 10 seconds of 100 damage per tick).Idea: Save yourself now to endanger yourself later. This means that even during Berserk you have access to the stun break and condition removal, but all those Delayed Pain stacks are now even more dangerous to you now (since their duration is refreshed). Basically, is it better to remove the damage from the conditions you have now and eat the delayed pain damage, or is it better to take the condition damage to avoid refreshing Delayed Pain.

MajorBlood Reaction: Precision converted to Ferocity. 7% by default, but gains 1% per stack of Delayed Pain.Idea: Delayed Pain is only available during Berserk, so you gain more damage the more you take. Pretty boring though.

Heat the Soul: Torch skills apply your Delayed Pain to enemies, but the damage is capped out by 50% of your health. Enemies with Delayed Pain cannot have it inflicted a second time.Idea: An alternative to the Vitality to DPS conversion. The reason it is capped is because in PvE or some WvW scenarios, you can easily acquire more damage than you have health. Having a skill that literally reflects enemy damage out would be pretty risky, so it is instead limited to the Warrior's healthpool. This trait will reward Vitality builds somewhat, even if they don't have a ton of Condition Damage since the reflectable pool is larger.
Math Example: Full Plaguedoctor Warrior has 30k hp. If you somehow have accumulated 30k damage to your Delayed Pain, you can only send out 15000 damage, or 1500 ticks (because it's over 10 seconds). Compare to 0 vitality warrior with 19k hp, this lets you reflect a max of 9.5k damage (950 damage ticks).

Dead or Alive: +33% more damage is delayed. If you would die to Delayed Pain, prevent the damage and remove all stacks of Delayed Pain.Idea: A truly defensive trait. Except, you still take the damage later. This trait can save you from huge burst by placing it over 10 seconds instead of instantly (gives you time to get those adrenal health stacks before you pop), but remember that Delayed Pain ticks are not easily removed and cannot be prevented except with Endure Pain.

GrandmasterBloody Roar: Taunt foes whenever you activate Berserk. Remove the most recent stack of Delayed Pain whenever you Taunt or Fear enemies. Taunting or Fearing enemies grants you 10% damage for 5 seconds +2 for every enemy.Idea: This warrior is a huge disruptor, and they revel in it. Something that refuses to die is pretty damn scary after all. Combos naturally with Fear Me and Savage Instinct (lets you recast Berserk, but watch your Delayed Pain stacks).

King of Fires: All of your combo finishers in a Fire Field grant you Fire Aura at the end of the skill. You are immune to Burning while you have Fire Aura. Fire Aura inflicts 5 seconds of burning on yourself whenever it burns an enemy. Whenever you use a Berserker Skill, detonate your Fire Aura to remove any burning stacks on yourself to inflict burning on nearby foes. Each stack of Burning on yourself counts as a Delayed Pain stack for the purpose of traits and abilities.Idea: Really light yourself on fire with Fire Aura. It's no big deal though, since you're immune to burning with Fire Aura active, so hold on to those sweet Delayed Pain bonuses until you can detonate the Aura with any Berserker skill. Works well with Blood Reaction to gain even higher conversion ratios while you're on fire, or Last Blaze for longer burning (Last Blaze applies its duration bonus to the Fire Aura detonation). Combo with an aura share tempest for even more fire, just watch out for your own condi duration if you have any (since if you don't remove the burning with the fire aura, it'll start ticking on you).

Eternal Champion: 50% of all healing is applied to the oldest, non-0 Delayed Pain pool before healing the warrior, although incoming (aka not your own) heals have a 50% penalty when healing the Delayed Pain pool. Gain stability when breaking a stun and using Berserk. Stability heals you over time.Idea: This is your super tank Berserker Mode. Unlike Dead or Alive which just puts the damage later, this one lets you fully negate damage by "healing future damage". Say you take 6k damage from whatever. Normally that puts about 2k damage into your pool. This means you'd take about 200 damage per second. If you receive 2k healing from a blasted water field, 1k would go straight to your health, while 1k would go into the 2k damage pool, reducing it to 1k. This means the rest of the ticks would only be 100 damage per second. Healing like this is done in stack order, enemies can put their high damage later (won't get healed as soon) if they think they are fighting an Eternal Champion warrior, and teammates won't make the warrior invincible due to the huge penalty (they lose 25% of their total healing to the warrior).

This will never happen, but it's a fun idea. Delayed Damage is an unexplored mechanic for Anet and Berserker is definitely a good place to put it thematically.

No doubt that Spellbreaker is really good, but it's not a Berserker replacement, that's for sure. They play completely different. I couldn't play the two the same way even if I wanted to.

• 1 month later...

@"Kiroshima.8497" said:Rather than a static damage reduction, why not make Berserker Mode grant delayed damage instead. When in Berserk Mode, the health globe will highlight how much damage is waiting to be taken each tick, as well as the total deferred damage. If you would die, your health bar will turn a different color for you and others to know to heal.

Reasoning: Berserker damage is fine, with access to both spammy attacks (primals) and tier 3 bursts. What it lacks is damage mitigation. Unlike Spellbreaker, who wants to block and reflect it on his foes, Berserker instead embraces the damage he is about to take, gaining more and more power from more and more damage. There's nothing more dangerous than someone who embraces having half a foot in the Mists.

Ex:Berserk33% of incoming damage (including conditions) is taken over 10 seconds instead (applies a debuff called Delayed Pain). Each stack tracks its own original pool of damage, which is important for a couple traits. Damage is treated as power damage and is thusly negated by Endure Pain and similar skills, and will heal the warrior when Defiant Stance is active. Note also that Resistance will prevent you from obtaining stacks from conditions, and Endure Pain (and similar) will prevent you from gaining stacks from power damage. Healing does not counteract the pool, but an counteract the damage ticks. Barrier will not block stacks from accumulating, but does not prevent the delayed damage.

TRAIT CHANGES

AdeptSmash Brawler: Current (not total) Cooldown of Primal Bursts and Berserk reduced by the number of Delayed Pain stacks every second (1% per stack? subject to change).Idea: High risk reward, eat more hits, use more Berserk. Good when paired with stances so you can go ham while ignoring Delayed Pain damage, while gaining the cooldown reduction for having many of them.

Last Blaze: Non-Torch Berserker Skills apply burning, duration increased by the number of Delayed Pain stacks (10% per). If you are downed by Delayed Pain, explode and apply 3 stacks of burning to enemies around you.Idea: Convert pain into burning. Upgraded to include Primal Bursts, but doesn't touch torch burning. When you pop from damage, you apply a truly final blaze.

Savage Instinct:

Berserk Mode removes 2 conditions and breaks stun. Berserk Mode is available during Berserk, costing 10 adrenaline and refreshing all Delayed Pain stacks on the warrior (updating their pool accordingly, so if you had 5 seconds of 100 damage left, it would go back to 10 seconds of 100 damage per tick).Idea: Save yourself now to endanger yourself later. This means that even during Berserk you have access to the stun break and condition removal, but all those Delayed Pain stacks are now even more dangerous to you now (since their duration is refreshed). Basically, is it better to remove the damage from the conditions you have now and eat the delayed pain damage, or is it better to take the condition damage to avoid refreshing Delayed Pain.

MajorBlood Reaction: Precision converted to Ferocity. 7% by default, but gains 1% per stack of Delayed Pain.Idea: Delayed Pain is only available during Berserk, so you gain more damage the more you take. Pretty boring though.

Heat the Soul: Torch skills apply your Delayed Pain to enemies, but the damage is capped out by 50% of your health. Enemies with Delayed Pain cannot have it inflicted a second time.Idea: An alternative to the Vitality to DPS conversion. The reason it is capped is because in PvE or some WvW scenarios, you can easily acquire more damage than you have health. Having a skill that literally reflects enemy damage out would be pretty risky, so it is instead limited to the Warrior's healthpool. This trait will reward Vitality builds somewhat, even if they don't have a ton of Condition Damage since the reflectable pool is larger.

Math Example: Full Plaguedoctor Warrior has 30k hp. If you somehow have accumulated 30k damage to your Delayed Pain, you can only send out 15000 damage, or 1500 ticks (because it's over 10 seconds). Compare to 0 vitality warrior with 19k hp, this lets you reflect a max of 9.5k damage (950 damage ticks).

Dead or Alive: +33% more damage is delayed. If you would die to Delayed Pain, prevent the damage and remove all stacks of Delayed Pain.Idea: A truly defensive trait. Except, you still take the damage later. This trait can save you from huge burst by placing it over 10 seconds instead of instantly (gives you time to get those adrenal health stacks before you pop), but remember that Delayed Pain ticks are not easily removed and cannot be prevented except with Endure Pain.

GrandmasterBloody Roar: Taunt foes whenever you activate Berserk. Remove the most recent stack of Delayed Pain whenever you Taunt or Fear enemies. Taunting or Fearing enemies grants you 10% damage for 5 seconds +2 for every enemy.Idea: This warrior is a huge disruptor, and they revel in it. Something that refuses to die is pretty kitten scary after all. Combos naturally with Fear Me and Savage Instinct (lets you recast Berserk, but watch your Delayed Pain stacks).

King of Fires: All of your combo finishers in a Fire Field grant you Fire Aura at the end of the skill. You are immune to Burning while you have Fire Aura. Fire Aura inflicts 5 seconds of burning on yourself whenever it burns an enemy. Whenever you use a Berserker Skill, detonate your Fire Aura to remove any burning stacks on yourself to inflict burning on nearby foes. Each stack of Burning on yourself counts as a Delayed Pain stack for the purpose of traits and abilities.Idea: Really light yourself on fire with Fire Aura. It's no big deal though, since you're immune to burning with Fire Aura active, so hold on to those sweet Delayed Pain bonuses until you can detonate the Aura with any Berserker skill. Works well with Blood Reaction to gain even higher conversion ratios while you're on fire, or Last Blaze for longer burning (Last Blaze applies its duration bonus to the Fire Aura detonation). Combo with an aura share tempest for even more fire, just watch out for your own condi duration if you have any (since if you don't remove the burning with the fire aura, it'll start ticking on you).

Eternal Champion: 50% of all healing is applied to the oldest, non-0 Delayed Pain pool before healing the warrior, although incoming (aka not your own) heals have a 50% penalty when healing the Delayed Pain pool. Gain stability when breaking a stun and using Berserk. Stability heals you over time.Idea: This is your super tank Berserker Mode. Unlike Dead or Alive which just puts the damage later, this one lets you fully negate damage by "healing future damage". Say you take 6k damage from whatever. Normally that puts about 2k damage into your pool. This means you'd take about 200 damage per second. If you receive 2k healing from a blasted water field, 1k would go straight to your health, while 1k would go into the 2k damage pool, reducing it to 1k. This means the rest of the ticks would only be 100 damage per second. Healing like this is done in stack order, enemies can put their high damage later (won't get healed as soon) if they think they are fighting an Eternal Champion warrior, and teammates won't make the warrior invincible due to the huge penalty (they lose 25% of their total healing to the warrior).

This will never happen, but it's a fun idea. Delayed Damage is an unexplored mechanic for Anet and Berserker is definitely a good place to put it thematically.

Really like this idea thematically with Beserker. Just a shame it’ll never see the light of day :anguished:

The biggest problem with Berserker to me is that it is a Condi specialization and Warrior is heavily, heaaaaavily biased towards Power when it comes to weapon options. That makes Berserker so limiting and unfun in my eyes.

Heck, we don’t even have a proper Condi melee option. Sword is “hybrid” which in my opinion is just trash design. We need a dedicated Condi melee.

@Oglaf.1074 said:The biggest problem with Berserker to me is that it is a Condi specialization and Warrior is heavily, heaaaaavily biased towards Power when it comes to weapon options. That makes Berserker so limiting and unfun in my eyes.

Heck, we don’t even have a proper Condi melee option. Sword is “hybrid” which in my opinion is just trash design. We need a dedicated Condi melee.

berserker was also never intended as a condi only spec. it just so happened that over the time, with all the random buffs and nerfs that berserker got hit with, that the power and the tank part of berserker have become so lackluster that the spec is now considered a condi spec. the removal of pulsing stab, the increased cd of burst skills, the increased casting time on gs primal burst and headbutt (aswell as cd increase in pvp) and the fact that burst skills only count as lvl 1 bursts (thus triggering only 1 stack of adrenal health and clearing only 1 condi even though you need 3 bars of adrenaline to activate berserk mode) completely wrecked this spec in wvw/pvp.

you should get a temp. ban in wvw/pvp if you atempt to go there with berserker in your traitlines.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:The biggest problem with Berserker to me is that it is a Condi specialization and Warrior is heavily, heaaaaavily biased towards Power when it comes to weapon options. That makes Berserker so limiting and unfun in my eyes.

berserker was also never intended as a condi only spec. it just so happened that over the time, with all the random buffs and nerfs that berserker got hit with, that the power and the tank part of berserker have become to lackluster that the spec is now considered a condi spec. the removal of pulsing stab, the increased cd of burst skills, the increased casting time on gs primal burst and headbutt (aswell as cd increase in pvp) and the fact that burst skills only count as lvl 1 bursts (thus triggering only 1 stack of adrenal health and clearing only 1 condi even though you need 3 bars of adrenaline to activate berserk mode) completely wrecked this spec in wvw/pvp.

Indeed. Spellbreaker brings enough goodies to the table to warrant the dumpstering of the Burst skills. Berserker clearly does not.

Honestly, when you think about it, Signet of Rage's active should be headbutt. Then the passive and active are fairly tied together, slowly generate adrenaline, or burst out 30 adrenaline (and a stun), with no passive adrenaline for 30-40(?) seconds.

Then we can adjust Signet of Fury to be something useful. Maybe a crit damage buff or something?

• 3 months later...

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:It is sad because it is a great espec thematically. A lot more than spellbreaker imo.

I have to say I love both of the elite specializations thematically. One is a warrior that has figured out how to tap into their rage and melt down their enemies. The others have roots with the Sunspears, who wield daggers symbolizing the broken spearheads.

But Berserker is criminally nerfed and pretty much useless in sPvP and WvW.

Archived