No LWS4 Ep 2 for today, nor trailer: are you sleeping?

Susy.7529

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"zealex.9410" said:I am relaxed im just sayimg things anet themselves have said. "No content drough and breaks in content delivery" u cant have breaks if every release takes a quarter to come out. : ^)

And no i havent made a game but would be cool if anet could keep up with the goals thev put for themsleves.

You think this is a content drought? LOL.

They always put out a trailer one week before the release. So if the release is on the 27th or sth the trailer should come one week before. The cadence is 2-3 months so there are not over their declared schedule. No promises broken yet. So stop behaving like you are being wronged or sth,.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Menadena.7482 said:Based on S3 they warn us if a chapter will not meet the 2 month schedule. Given there has been no warning ...

3 month

Go back to the announcements. We were getting an ep every 2 months and for Draconis Mons they warned us it would be later than usual when the 2 month mark approached.

Official regular cadence between episodes is 2-3 months. So before and of february they have no obligation to announce any delays.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Idk how long you have played but to be safe here arenanet also just added the new festival. So I assumed and was right. That the festival will happen before the episode.

Why does everyone use the festival as an excuse? With the exception of the race it is pretty much the same content as they have done in previous years. Remember that they launched their first expansion and Halloween at the same time so I doubt the festival slows them down much, in fact it is probably better to launch during one as it allows them to work any bugs out of the new content while some people are doing the festival.

The race and the adventure, and there were changes to Dragon Ball.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Idk how long you have played but to be safe here arenanet also just added the new festival. So I assumed and was right. That the festival will happen before the episode.

Why does everyone use the festival as an excuse? With the exception of the race it is pretty much the same content as they have done in previous years. Remember that they launched their first expansion and Halloween at the same time so I doubt the festival slows them down much, in fact it is probably better to launch during one as it allows them to work any bugs out of the new content while some people are doing the festival.

From what I understood last time, Festival Team is seperate from LW team. Also, I don't think festivals are excuse hear. We had similar gap last year. It's more about how they planned these episodes for upcoming months. At least next 2 or 3 episodes should be release ready by now, but they are not releasing them just becasue they are ready but when the time is right.

The episode is likely already finished, considering this would be team 2, who finished with season 3 over 9 months ago. However, even if the episodes are months ahead of schedule, they will likely want to stretch them out in order to buy time for the next expansion. Season 3 started 9 months after HoT, so unless ArenaNet is quicker (which was their goal), they'll end up needing another episode if they want to lessen the gap between the finale and the next expansion. If they stuck to the 2 month schedule, they would potentially need another 3 episodes.

@Arfreda.8415 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:There was no expectation for one given

The fact that Anet specifically said a 2-3 month release period, and also that it’s now at the END of the third month, I would say there are LOTS of expectations for a release soon

It’s not at the end of the third month as we still have a few more weeks. The 2-3 month cadence was what they were striving for but no hard set obligation. Holding Anet to that, and getting upset when it doesn’t happen, is exactly why we don’t get much heads up about what they’re working on for the year anymore.

@Vayne.8563 said:

Wow such enormous complex contents, this must have delayed the LWS4 by a lot of weeks...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

The fact that Anet specifically said a 2-3 month release period, and also that it’s now at the END of the third month, I would say there are LOTS of expectations for a release soon

It’s not at the end of the third month as we still have a few more weeks. The 2-3 month cadence was what they were striving for but no hard set obligation. Holding Anet to that, and getting upset when it doesn’t happen, is exactly why we don’t get much heads up about what they’re working on for the year anymore.

No, they said they want to release episodes within these brackets. If there is going to be a delay, they should announce it. But we're still within these brackets so panic mode is unjustified here.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

No, they said they want to release episodes within these brackets. If there is going to be a delay, they should announce it. But we're still within these brackets so panic mode is unjustified here.

How’s “they said they want to release episodes within these brackets“ different from “The 2-3 month cadence was what they were striving for”? They’re pretty much the same thing so I’m not sure why you’re disagreeing with me there.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

How’s “they said they want to release episodes within these brackets“ different from “The 2-3 month cadence was what they were striving for”? They’re pretty much the same thing so I’m not sure why you’re disagreeing with me there.

I'm pointing out that it's normal players are getting excited now as we are close to 3 month break but that's not unusual or out of schedule yet. There is time for trailer on 20th and episode on 27th and it would still be within announced brackets. However, it's not out of place for players to expect announcement if the episode is coming later.

They never announced an exact release schedule. They only said it will be the same pace as season 3.Now, you have to understand that those wording, do not mean it will alway be within the 2-3 months window. It means the average gap between these windows will not exceed 2-3 months. So only if they no longer can keep up the pace they should communicate it.Keep in mind that a finished product is often in the details. I reckon that the team that worked on E2 allready moved on to the next project, except those 2 or 3 people working on the final unexceptable bugs.

@Lunarlife.5128 said:3 months is pretty awesome for a free LS chapter. 4 months is still pretty generous.

I didn't know they were free? Are you telling me I don't need any expac to play them? That I can log in whenever I want and just start any LS? Yeah, right.

The LS we're talking about is sold with the expacs. The LS is there to make up over time for the lack of content and replayability of the GW2 expansions at their release (compared to dlcs of other MMORPGs) and for the long time window between the expansion releases (2 years).

So, no. I don't think 3-4 months for a single episode is acceptable. There are other MMOs out there that release an expac the size of half of the vanilla GW2 game every single year. Like it or not. There's still competition out there and at some point players will just leave the game and it's not guaranteed that they come back.

@Adenin.5973 said:

@Lunarlife.5128 said:3 months is pretty awesome for a free LS chapter. 4 months is still pretty generous.

I didn't know they were free? Are you telling me I don't need any expac to play them? That I can log in whenever I want and just start any LS? Yeah, right.

The LS we're talking about is sold with the expacs. The LS is there to make up over time for the lack of content and replayability of the GW2 expansions at their release (compared to dlcs of other MMORPGs) and for the long time window between the expansion releases (2 years).

So, no. I don't think 3-4 months for a single episode is acceptable. There are other MMOs out there that release an expac the size of half of the vanilla GW2 game every single year. Like it or not. There's still competition out there and at some point players will just leave the game and it's not guaranteed that they come back.

Free to active players who support the game.

Then go play those games in between GW2 living story releases. That’s what I’m doing right now.

@Adenin.5973 said:The LS we're talking about is sold with the expacs. The LS is there to make up over time for the lack of content and replayability of the GW2 expansions at their release (compared to dlcs of other MMORPGs) and for the long time window between the expansion releases (2 years).

It should be included with the expansion, as it would encourage early sales and fix the bundling problem, but it's not. The living world is separate DLC that expands onto the expansion, or any of them if they wanted to. Just because you own the expansion doesn't mean you get it for free. Everyone gets it for free as long as they login during its release window, it just can't be accessed without the expansion. The whole purpose of even trying to sell it is to just incentivize staying active.

@Healix.5819 said:

@"Adenin.5973" said:The LS we're talking about is sold with the expacs. The LS is there to make up over time for the lack of content and replayability of the GW2 expansions at their release (compared to dlcs of other MMORPGs) and for the long time window between the expansion releases (2 years).

It should be included with the expansion, as it would encourage early sales and fix the bundling problem, but it's not. The living world is separate DLC that expands onto the expansion, or any of them if they wanted to. Just because you own the expansion doesn't mean you get it for free. Everyone gets it for free as long as they login during its release window, it just can't be accessed without the expansion. The whole purpose of even trying to sell it is to just incentivize staying active.

Yeah with that mindset I get everything for free on the internet. I just can't access it.

Also, whenever you criticize the expansions for a lack of content the same people run around telling everyone that we get the LS with the expansion which is "so much additional content".And whenever you criticize the LS in any way, it's suddenly "free content" that you didn't pay anything for. Which is a weak argument, when a massive amount of players in your community wouldn't buy your expansions when you would've announced that LS would be stopped. So, yes people paid real money to get the expansions and to get the living story.

Please make a decision, there's only one thing true, it can't be both.

@Menadena.7482 said:

It is an excuse. We have new players who come in with overflowing content. And arenanet released the festival. New players and people who finished all there content will most likely do it. And even if you already did it. People will still go to the festival. Iv played almost 2 years and I didn’t go to any until last Halloween event. Because I had enough to do. So for me speaking and other players who haven’t done it. It is something to do.

Even though they released the festival it is possible they have already finished except the fact that they are giving players to finish the festival. If you already did them that’s fine. However not everyone finishes the festival like that. Since festivals give items you can only get during the time of the festival I think that is why arenanet hasn’t released. Because it will effect the time into getting the festivals items instead of people leaving to the new season.

If you don’t care for the festival that is fine. But many, many other do care for the festivals. I know many who are festival happy during this time. Which makes it fair. Release festival, let people do it without distractions. Release when it’s done.

How would we know if they aren’t finished? Honestly I think they are their just waiting till end of festival. All we know they could be bug testing.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:They only said it will be the same pace as season 3.Now, you have to understand that those wording, do not mean it will alway be within the 2-3 months window.

It means exactly that. Unless they give us an announcement that an episode is going to be later.

No it does not. You keep on misquoting out of content. I said, that a pace means an average. It means that a delay doesn’t mean the next one is also having the same delay. It is ready when it is ready. Better no content, then content that’s is bugged. You are not entitled to anything as they keep the promise. If you disagree with me, please go into my arguments and debate (friendly) where I am wrong in your opinion. Quoting me without my arguments is just rude. Reacting to it with one-liners is very troll-like behavior. You can do better, I know you can!

Archived