Upcoming PvP and WvW balance splits!

EremiteAngel.9765

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:lol @ people who think this will kill necro. There is a very good reason that Scourge is the only spec that has two meta rated builds on metabattle right now.

The nature of shade skills being instant cast means you can still be basically playing core necro while spamming shade abilities. It's an innately overtuned design and will still be viable past these nerfs by the sheer fact that scourge is capable of doing two things at once at all times. If you actually see good top 250 rated necros play you will notice that they hardly even rely on the sand shade and it's their actual skill use and well timed execution of fear combos that kills people.

If you are seriously having trouble playing scourge you may want to seriously consider learning other classes, because the reality is scourge is extremely easy to play to the point where it becomes a crutch. It is soooooo obvious when fighting a scourge which ones understand the mechanics of other classes and which ones do not. You don't have to learn anything about sPvP to be effective as scourge, and thus playing it causes you to become lazy and less aware of what's going on. Decent players notice your laziness and exploit it. Then you die. Then you come on the necro board and start performing mental gymnastic backflips to try and explain why the top rated meta build is somehow not good enough. It's just silly.

Finally the icing on the cake: when a minor nerf comes along you think your class has been destroyed when the truth is that your ability to play the game has been destroyed by playing an ezmode spec.

There might be two. But they are bot only for certain "niches". Trailblaizer for any zerg above 20-30 people. Cele up to 20-30.But who the fk wants to go 20 people. So there is actually only one build

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:lol @ people who think this will kill necro. There is a very good reason that Scourge is the only spec that has two meta rated builds on metabattle right now.

The nature of shade skills being instant cast means you can still be basically playing core necro while spamming shade abilities. It's an innately overtuned design and will still be viable past these nerfs by the sheer fact that scourge is capable of doing two things at once at all times. If you actually see good top 250 rated necros play you will notice that they hardly even rely on the sand shade and it's their actual skill use and well timed execution of fear combos that kills people.

If you are seriously having trouble playing scourge you may want to seriously consider learning other classes, because the reality is scourge is extremely easy to play to the point where it becomes a crutch. It is soooooo obvious when fighting a scourge which ones understand the mechanics of other classes and which ones do not. You don't have to learn anything about sPvP to be effective as scourge, and thus playing it causes you to become lazy and less aware of what's going on. Decent players notice your laziness and exploit it. Then you die. Then you come on the necro board and start performing mental gymnastic backflips to try and explain why the top rated meta build is somehow not good enough. It's just silly.

Finally the icing on the cake: when a minor nerf comes along you think your class has been destroyed when the truth is that your ability to play the game has been destroyed by playing an ezmode spec.

EVER TRIED PLAYING CORE NECRO. THESE KINDS OF IDIOTS TRIGGER ME SO MUCH THEY HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED THE CLASS AND TALK SHIT ABOUT IT WHILE THEY PLAY BRAINLESS BOONSPAM AND AUTOATTACK AND RANGED WEAPONS IN OTHER CLASSES WHICH LITERALLY TAKES NO SKILL. YES YOU DONT HAVE TO AIM ON A FREAKIN GUN IN THIS GAME. COME BACK AFTER PLAYING CORE NECRO FOR A MONTH AND YOU WILL KNOW WHAT HELL IS. THE PLAYERS IN TOP 250 OF SCOURGE ARE PLAYERS WHO COULD BE TOP50 BUT ARE HELD BACK BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY HARD COUNTERS TO THIS PARTICULAR CLASS AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. ALSO DONT CALL OTHER LOWER SKILLED WHEN LITERALLY THE PLAYERS WHO MANAGE TO GET REAPER AT HIGHER RANKS NOWADAYS ARE THE HIGHEST SKILLED PLAYERS IN THE GAME. LET ME CALL WHAT BULLSHIT CLASS SOUNDS LIKE HIGH MOBILITY+HIGH DAMAGE+EVADES/INVULNERABILITY/BLOCKS+STEALTH+RANGE.

EVER TRIED PLAYING CORE NECRO. THESE KINDS OF IDIOTS TRIGGER ME SO MUCH THEY HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED THE CLASS AND TALK kitten ABOUT IT WHILE THEY PLAY BRAINLESS BOONSPAM AND AUTOATTACK AND RANGED WEAPONS IN OTHER CLASSES WHICH LITERALLY TAKES NO SKILL. YES YOU DONT HAVE TO AIM ON A FREAKIN GUN IN THIS GAME. COME BACK AFTER PLAYING CORE NECRO FOR A MONTH AND YOU WILL KNOW WHAT HELL IS. THE PLAYERS IN TOP 250 OF SCOURGE ARE PLAYERS WHO COULD BE TOP50 BUT ARE HELD BACK BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY HARD COUNTERS TO THIS PARTICULAR CLASS AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. ALSO DONT CALL OTHER LOWER SKILLED WHEN LITERALLY THE PLAYERS WHO MANAGE TO GET REAPER AT HIGHER RANKS NOWADAYS ARE THE HIGHEST SKILLED PLAYERS IN THE GAME. LET ME CALL WHAT kitten CLASS SOUNDS LIKE HIGH MOBILITY+HIGH DAMAGE+EVADES/INVULNERABILITY/BLOCKS+STEALTH+RANGE.

U Need some milk boi

I experienced something recently:Last time i grouped, which was a few days ago in fractals, because i've been playing something else because i have become demotivated to play this game, i was in a group and we kicked a necromancer.I asked why why kicked the necro, and one of the group members say because they suck compared to other classes.

@"Axl.8924" said:I experienced something recently:Last time i grouped, which was a few days ago in fractals, because i've been playing something else because i have become demotivated to play this game, i was in a group and we kicked a necromancer.I asked why why kicked the necro, and one of the group members say because they suck compared to other classes.

Thats exactly how necros are treated most of the time.But if you ask the same player, if necro should be buffed, that player will say "no"

Makes sense, doesnt it?!

Trail of Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW35 sec cooldown for 6 sec swiftness. Atleast increase swiftness to 12-15 secs. This class does not have any skills that provide movement speed please don't do this. All classes have skill that provide much greater swiftness times with low cd and they can even provide to the whole party but why is this getting nerfed. I don't see the point. The other skill that gives swiftness is spectral walk which has so high cd and low lf generation.

@XECOR.2814 said:

Trail of Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW35 sec cooldown for 6 sec swiftness. Atleast increase swiftness to 12-15 secs. This class does not have any skills that provide movement speed please don't do this. All classes have skill that provide much greater swiftness times with low cd and they can even provide to the whole party but why is this getting nerfed. I don't see the point. The other skill that gives swiftness is spectral walk which has so high cd and low lf generation.

Because haters thats why.Haters gonna hate.

@Emapudapus.1307 said:

metabattle
...After the scourge nerf theres gonna be 2 reaper builds meta :b

Wrong, there is only one true reap meta build.

All hail the minion master!wat

@Emapudapus.1307 said:

metabattle

No.

1.The one where you drop reaper for scourge

1. Use reaper as storage char

@Nimon.7840 said:

metabattle

No.

1.The one where you drop reaper for scourge
  1. Use reaper as storage char

Step 1: Roll reaper and equip greatsword.Step 2: Switch to Scourge but don't unequip greatsword.Step 3: Look awesome but ultimately useless as a greatsword wielding scourge.

@Umut.5471 said:

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Translation: We don't want necromancer doing anything in these game modes anymore.

They don't want necromancers in raids as well. Seems like the only good usage scenario of necros is open world PvE and zergy WvW.

The real problem for pve is epidemic. Thats why

You know, now that I've thought about it one great way to VASTLY improve core necro shroud is to merge both Life Blast and Plague Blast together. Aside from the damage Plague Blast is a hell of a lot better since it's got half the cast time of life blast and it also transfers conditions too. If you keep the damage of Life blast but give it the utility that Plague blast has I'd say it'd be a really nice improvement.

Archived