Rank Badge.

Zyllias.9538

Here it is, i find more platines than any other ranks, looks like platine is the average number of players in pvp or do people disagree with their rank and hide it? This is not vital, but i feel like people disagree with ranks, i'm silver and at the edge of bronze, i don't mind people seeing me bronze despite i dont think it is my deserved rank.

I don’t show my rank icon because it creates more of an unknown factor for those fighting me.

As to the icons they don’t mean much because decay impacts the rank. I’d be more inclined to show my rank if every time I didn’t play for a while the badge went down to bronze.

Make the badge permanent and a reflection of your true MMR (without decay) but require a player to at least play the minimum games each week in the current season to display the badge.

MMR decay should only impact the leaderboards not the badge that shows general competency.

I've been in plat every season I played and I don't like that I have to show my badge. Reason is of I go days without playing all the sudden I have this weird looking badge I've never seen before by my name... oh wait that's the game showing I'm in bronze now because I went 3 days without a game lul

Also, sometimes I decide to try weird builds and end up lowering my rank into gold and it feels like idk... I'm being locked into playing meta because if I don't ill be in gold (I'm pretty much always at the bottom of plat)

I mean yeah there's unranked but let's be honest, you aren't testing the effectiveness of anything in that place.

I suppose I shouldn't care about the badge but I just do because its there. At least if I could turn it off for a bit to mess around with builds then I'd maybe be fine with it.

The other argument is that i shouldn't be messing around when it could cost my teammates a loss so there's that.

Idk though if one is better really in the end

@Legatus.3608 said:I've been in plat every season I played and I don't like that I have to show my badge. Reason is of I go days without playing all the sudden I have this weird looking badge I've never seen before by my name... oh wait that's the game showing I'm in bronze now because I went 3 days without a game lul

Also, sometimes I decide to try weird builds and end up lowering my rank into gold and it feels like idk... I'm being locked into playing meta because if I don't ill be in gold (I'm pretty much always at the bottom of plat)

I mean yeah there's unranked but let's be honest, you aren't testing the effectiveness of anything in that place.

I suppose I shouldn't care about the badge but I just do because its there. At least if I could turn it off for a bit to mess around with builds then I'd maybe be fine with it.

The other argument is that i shouldn't be messing around when it could cost my teammates a loss so there's that.

Idk though if one is better really in the end

I understand.

I think the biggest deal about why you mostly don't see silver or bronze people in the PvP lobby is that they simply aren't there. These are the people that don't PvP much, so they generally don't spend their time in the lobby idling between matches like PvP'ers do. However when you pop into LA, you see that most people there with a badge are bronze and silver, with the occasional higher badge. I believe that the average player ends up somewhere between silver 2 and gold 1. But those that just hang out in HotM have a warped perspective of the matter because of the median of players that hang out there.

Show it. That way it will make it easier for the lower ranked players to find the mesmers. Can't really take this too seriously since badges don't mean anything. Lots of good players decay down to bronze. Actually show your team and opponents MMR ranges. That way you know if you need to carry, or if you are in with players that are better than you.

Archived