What ONE thing could the game have that would satisfy you?

Cyrin.1035

1 thing that would make me for a long time satisfied huh?

That one thing could possibly at the moment be only the ultimate third Expansion that covers basically in one go alot of things that would improve this game and could make me more satisfied again for a long time. Lets call this Expansion Guild Wars 2 - Depths of the Past

DoP would provide following Features:

• A long Story based on the missing Deep Sea Dragon with CHOICES similar like the Maingame Story with its string of missions, which are different, based on your choices - Personal Story 2.0
  • Return to Cantha with 7 Maps: Kaineng City, Echovald Forest, Jade Sea, Shing Jea Islands, Nahpui Quarters, Dominion of the Winds, Sanctum Cay (Tengu Town within the Dominion of the Winds)
  • Implementation of Tengus as playable Race
  • Complete Rebalance of Underwater Skills, Replacement of Skills which can't work the same underwater as like on land, after this Expansion there won't be anymore a single Skill, which can't be used underwater.
  • Rework of the Trait System into a Split between Land Traits and Underwater Traits for all Classes
  • Overwork of the Skimmer to become a true Underwater Mount with that you can switch easy from under to overwater seamless!!
  • New Elite Specs for the Classes: Rogue (Thief), Bard (Mesmer), Ritualist (Necromancer), Summoner (Elementalist), Alchemist (Engineer), Hunter (Ranger, DH renamed to Dragonslayer), Berserker (Warrior, first Version renamed to Mercenary), Mystic (Guardian).
  • Complete Redesign of the Revenant, Revenant is now Rytlock only PVE Story related Class, Player Version becomes the Vagabond as some kind of Dark Knight Variant without Legendary Stance nonsense that cripples only the gameplay of this Class, Herold becomes Crusader, Renegade as Name stays, but receives also Gameplay Chances to be not anymore 100% Charr Lore focused. Its never a good idea to bind lore into Classes, Classes need to stay RACE NEUTRAL ALWAYS... with its new third E-Spec being the Pathfinder
  • New Mastery Lines: Swimming, Gathering (includes unlock of Fishing, Gardening and Digging usiong anglings Rods/Bait, Seeds and Shovels as Tools with Shovels being used like Pickaxes, Sickles and Axes), Crafting and expanding the existing Mount Masteries with new Options including a line for new Speedster Mounts and Crawler Mounts, with Speedsters having the ability run especially fast, faster than any other Mounts, they are like Cheetahs with super fast acceleration. Crawlers provide the ability to climb with them walls and to ride them also vertically up and down, where you would otherwise fall down or get not up...
  • Introduction of Player Housing/ Expansion of the Guild Hall System
  • Adding together with the new E-Specs three new Weapon Types - Greataxes, Crossbows and Whips/Chain Sickles, Spears get reworked into Hybrid Weapons useable on land as like underwater, Tridents get merged into Staff, Harpoon Guns get merged into Rifle, so that these two obsolete Weapon Types get removed, so that basically Staff anc Rifle become Hybrid Weapons as well for Underwater Combat and Rifles just receive a Bolt Shot Animation underwater, instead of shooting Bullets.
  • All Classes receive their additional missing Skills, so that they have for Healing , Utility and Elite Skills all Skills for all of their Skill Types
  • New Activities added: Polymock, Rollerbeetle Racing and a new collectable ingame Trading Card Game similar to Gwent/Triple Triad with various forms beig added into the game to obtain them. Animated Card Versions can be obtained via Black Lion Chests only
  • PVP: Receives a new Stronghold Map and general Stronghold Improvements, like new Mist Heroes, 2 new added Modes - Hunger Games (Practically teambased Last Man Standing) (2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2) + 8v8 Guild Battles (GvG)
  • WvW: Adding of a third Borderland Map - Tropical Island Theme (Pirates of the Caribbean xD) with lots of Underwater Combat, Naval Battles on Ships ect.
  • Fractals: Adding of new Fractals that are based on Living Story Season 1 - Marionette Invasion, Scarlet Battle/ Lions Arch Invasion and adding of two new Solo Player Fractal Modes - Chronicles of the Mist, which is kind of Bonus Mission Pack similar history based Solo Player Fractal Content with that you can play old historic Events in the view as other characters with their Skills to earn rewards from the past in form of weapon skins, armor sets ect. for completing your "History Books" and "Mist Dungeons", special FotM based Zelda like Solo, including unique Dungeon Crawlers, which are each time different when you enter them. Yes, this is a MMO, but it doesn#t mean, that a MMo can't offer also Solo Content, Fractals would be the best option especially for this, as it allows total design freedom for ther Devs to add with it whatever they want, without that it disturbs anyhow the rest of the game ...
  • and adding two new Multiplayer Fractal Modes - Guild Crusades, as imprroval for FoTM based special Guild Missions and Hunting Grounds, as 5 player based Farm Raids in kind of Monster Hunter Style, having to hunt as team unique creatures, you will find only in the mists.

If id get that kind of an Expansion, then I'd be so satiesfied with GW2, I'd surely be busy with this game again for like the next 6 years being in that time totally wishless happy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balance, balance and balance. All classes should have at least 1 viable*) spec for each game mode (fractals, raids, pvp etc), optimally also each core & existing elite spec. Not being able to decently balance classes is a sign of sickness to the game. Imo, this should be priority 1 before any new elite specs, classes or p2p content what so ever is pushed into the game. Put what you want in the term 'meta', but all games like this got one and the GW2 meta is way too narrow considered all the classes and specs available.

*) viable, as in 100% competitive for the hardcore meta not so much, rather viable, as in every class/elite spec should be worth bringing along instead of being a total disadvantage compared to a handful others.

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:Easy, complete removal of SAB,And relocation of its resources to the actual game.This includes removal of the SAB gliders

THIS is exactly what I would suggest, all this 8-Bit connection is really great etc., but I think most of us came here to play fantasy MMO game. I have a huge sentiment to SNES, Pegasus and other oldschool consoles, but I would love to see more "fitting content", more often.

@DirtyDan.4759 said:

@"TexZero.7910" said:Story chapters that take up enough time that by the time im finished im not waiting for 90 days till the next installment.

You complain that it takes "too long" for free story, map, and more to be released?

Free, no. Paid content that comes with the expansion, Yes.

Story content that takes roughly 2hrs to do every 3 months. Woooooooo boy, I'm totally committed to the story now.At least with season 1 cadence we had story and zones that never felt dead after the first 3 day, same can't be said now.

We wait 3 months because each story has to have a new zone and that new zone more often than not has some really unispired reward that they think you'll want to grind for while you wait the 3 months for the next chapter.....It doesn't. The only thing they could quite reasonably add to the game that would honestly keep my playing is in-game non gem store mount skins at this point. Since the odds of that happening are slim and none, and slim left the building you can take a wild guess what i'm not going to be doing while waiting 3 months for the next story chapter.

At least this upcoming month a have a reason to pretend to care again in SAB. But even that has been struggling to hold my interest as i've done quite literally everything i can with it, so unless there's a World 3/4 & updated rewards im probably gonna log in, look at the box and wonder why i care.

@"Orpheal.8263" said:1 thing that would make me for a long time satisfied huh?

That one thing could possibly at the moment be only the ultimate third Expansion that covers basically in one go alot of things that would improve this game and could make me more satisfied again for a long time. Lets call this Expansion Guild Wars 2 - Depths of the Past

DoP would provide following Features:

• A long Story based on the missing Deep Sea Dragon with CHOICES similar like the Maingame Story with its string of missions, which are different, based on your choices - Personal Story 2.0
  • Return to Cantha with 7 Maps: Kaineng City, Echovald Forest, Jade Sea, Shing Jea Islands, Nahpui Quarters, Dominion of the Winds, Sanctum Cay (Tengu Town within the Dominion of the Winds)
  • Implementation of Tengus as playable Race
  • Complete Rebalance of Underwater Skills, Replacement of Skills which can't work the same underwater as like on land, after this Expansion there won't be anymore a single Skill, which can't be used underwater.
  • Rework of the Trait System into a Split between Land Traits and Underwater Traits for all Classes
  • Overwork of the Skimmer to become a true Underwater Mount with that you can switch easy from under to overwater seamless!!
  • New Elite Specs for the Classes: Rogue (Thief), Bard (Mesmer), Ritualist (Necromancer), Summoner (Elementalist), Alchemist (Engineer), Hunter (Ranger, DH renamed to Dragonslayer), Berserker (Warrior, first Version renamed to Mercenary), Mystic (Guardian).
  • Complete Redesign of the Revenant, Revenant is now Rytlock only PVE Story related Class, Player Version becomes the Vagabond as some kind of Dark Knight Variant without Legendary Stance nonsense that cripples only the gameplay of this Class, Herold becomes Crusader, Renegade as Name stays, but receives also Gameplay Chances to be not anymore 100% Charr Lore focused. Its never a good idea to bind lore into Classes, Classes need to stay RACE NEUTRAL ALWAYS... with its new third E-Spec being the Pathfinder
  • New Mastery Lines: Swimming, Gathering (includes unlock of Fishing, Gardening and Digging usiong anglings Rods/Bait, Seeds and Shovels as Tools with Shovels being used like Pickaxes, Sickles and Axes), Crafting and expanding the existing Mount Masteries with new Options including a line for new Speedster Mounts and Crawler Mounts, with Speedsters having the ability run especially fast, faster than any other Mounts, they are like Cheetahs with super fast acceleration. Crawlers provide the ability to climb with them walls and to ride them also vertically up and down, where you would otherwise fall down or get not up...
  • Introduction of Player Housing/ Expansion of the Guild Hall System
  • Adding together with the new E-Specs three new Weapon Types - Greataxes, Crossbows and Whips/Chain Sickles, Spears get reworked into Hybrid Weapons useable on land as like underwater, Tridents get merged into Staff, Harpoon Guns get merged into Rifle, so that these two obsolete Weapon Types get removed, so that basically Staff anc Rifle become Hybrid Weapons as well for Underwater Combat and Rifles just receive a Bolt Shot Animation underwater, instead of shooting Bullets.
  • All Classes receive their additional missing Skills, so that they have for Healing , Utility and Elite Skills all Skills for all of their Skill Types
  • New Activities added: Polymock, Rollerbeetle Racing and a new collectable ingame Trading Card Game similar to Gwent/Triple Triad with various forms beig added into the game to obtain them. Animated Card Versions can be obtained via Black Lion Chests only
  • PVP: Receives a new Stronghold Map and general Stronghold Improvements, like new Mist Heroes, 2 new added Modes - Hunger Games (Practically teambased Last Man Standing) (2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2) + 8v8 Guild Battles (GvG)
  • WvW: Adding of a third Borderland Map - Tropical Island Theme (Pirates of the Caribbean xD) with lots of Underwater Combat, Naval Battles on Ships ect.
  • Fractals: Adding of new Fractals that are based on Living Story Season 1 - Marionette Invasion, Scarlet Battle/ Lions Arch Invasion and adding of two new Solo Player Fractal Modes - Chronicles of the Mist, which is kind of Bonus Mission Pack similar history based Solo Player Fractal Content with that you can play old historic Events in the view as other characters with their Skills to earn rewards from the past in form of weapon skins, armor sets ect. for completing your "History Books" and "Mist Dungeons", special FotM based Zelda like Solo, including unique Dungeon Crawlers, which are each time different when you enter them. Yes, this is a MMO, but it doesn#t mean, that a MMo can't offer also Solo Content, Fractals would be the best option especially for this, as it allows total design freedom for ther Devs to add with it whatever they want, without that it disturbs anyhow the rest of the game ...
  • and adding two new Multiplayer Fractal Modes - Guild Crusades, as imprroval for FoTM based special Guild Missions and Hunting Grounds, as 5 player based Farm Raids in kind of Monster Hunter Style, having to hunt as team unique creatures, you will find only in the mists.

If id get that kind of an Expansion, then I'd be so satiesfied with GW2, I'd surely be busy with this game again for like the next 6 years being in that time totally wishless happy

Beautiful post, Orpheal, I agree with 90% of your ideas.

However, I would REALLY love if people were able to stick to the OP original guidelines. IMO the thread would become more interesting, informative, and less bloated.

Please, please, please add keybind options for fixed dodge directions: forward, back, left, right.

Double-tap to dodge needs to die in a fire. The current directional dodge tends to bug out on me. I just love it when I'm running at something and hit dodge I go flying backwards instead of forwards as expected. Having to stop, stutter step then dodge is crap UX.

@Hypatia.3160 said:Please, please, please add keybind options for fixed dodge directions: forward, back, left, right.

Double-tap to dodge needs to die in a fire. The current directional dodge tends to bug out on me. I just love it when I'm running at something and hit dodge I go flying backwards instead of forwards as expected. Having to stop, stutter step then dodge is crap UX.

Double taps are perfect for me. I removed the dodge button from my key setup.

@Hypatia.3160 said:Please, please, please add keybind options for fixed dodge directions: forward, back, left, right.

If you use the keybind to dodge, it will dodge in whatever direction you are running. So say you push forward and the keybind for dodge, it will dodge you forward. The default with no direction push is backwards.

You can turn off double tap (first thing I did on release even before keybinding).

Question for anyone who have desires for more PvE story...

More branching stories are a goal, which would you prefer:

1. Branching choices that lead to different instances and dialog like the OG personal story, but choices locked in (i.e. you can't just replay for different choices).
  2. Varying flavored branches tailored to an aspect of your character (like race or profession or order) like the very 1st parts of the personal story.
  3. Considering the metric kitten-ton of work and voice acting involved, a combination of both ISN'T an option.

I'd personally choose 2 as I see flavoring the dialog and NPC interaction to an aspect of your character would be more valuable than a choice that likely won't explore too far outside the box containing the story. Having it so that the things your character says is very Norn-like or because you're an Asura, Taime would be more side-kick like rather than the brains of everything or perhaps as a Thief you would be more deceptive and sneaky in your approaches to confrontations.

Of course, I'm not suggesting all these options as means to deepen the story, but providing examples of what aspects would affect the story. Order would likely be the easiest as there are only 3. By race is 2nd easiest until you start adding more races and profession would require the most variety.

The goal, of course, is to add even more replayability to the game for those that really enjoy the dialog and story.

Archived