Death judgement 25k single hit damage

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call it CC and burst executed by 2 players. Your fault for not having stunbreak/condi cleans and dodge. Death's judgement is quite telegraphed, you see the red laser coming to you. Sure 20 k burst counterable by using a basic ability that everyone has (let's not talk about the spam of vigor that almost all classes can upkeep, the ones that can't have invuln or other defensives). Also you were aware of the thief presence because he needs at least 15 secs to get to maximum malice stacks in order to do so much damage, and he need to have you marked (which put a big debuff on you with a really clear animation). I only see "i was not paying attention so i got killed" in your post.

I could make an entire list about why it's not OP but it's not worth the time. I think the previous statement is enough. Oh i don't play deadeye btw, and when i see one i usually /dance on his corpse. It's just such a bad elite spec power wise, but well it's fun to play against peeps like you :)

The fun thing is that in the game there are a lot of strong burst that leave almost 0 counterplay and here you are complaining about one of the easiest to avoid.

@"polvere.2805" said:I call it CC and burst executed by 2 players. Your fault for not having stunbreak/condi cleans and dodge. Death's judgement is quite telegraphed, you see the red laser coming to you. Sure 20 k burst counterable by using a basic ability that everyone has (let's not talk about the spam of vigor that almost all classes can upkeep, the ones that can't have invuln or other defensives). Also you were aware of the thief presence because he needs at least 15 secs to get to maximum malice stacks in order to do so much damage, and he need to have you marked (which put a big debuff on you with a really clear animation). I only see "i was not paying attention so i got killed" in your post.

I could make an entire list about why it's not OP but it's not worth the time. I think the previous statement is enough. Oh i don't play deadeye btw, and when i see one i usually /dance on his corpse. It's just such a bad elite spec power wise, but well it's fun to play against peeps like you :)

The fun thing is that in the game there are a lot of strong burst that leave almost counterplay and here you are complaining about one of the easiest to avoid.

How many stunbreaks do you have to take to deal with single-hit single-kill ability? Lets just ignore that necro can use more than 1 cc, lets ignore that Deadeye have CC on its own. According to you, how many stunbreaks a played needs to have to not be on-shotted by spammable ability?And you seen red laser as much as you want, it will still not stop it when you get cc or run out of dodges.And please, name those basic abilities who can counter 25k burst. Go on, enlighten me.And you get that during teamfights thief can switch targets, lets malice build and then one-shot you, don't you? Oh wait, every class have endless dodges according to you. Silly me. Of course everyone can have permanent vigor, because everyone builds their characters to counter specifically only Deadeye and nobody else. Everyone puts only stunbreakers into their utilities and all of them grant vigor. Now i get it, thanks for informing me. Thanks makes 25k from ONE SINGLE SPAMMABLE HIT perfectly fine. Thanks for such an enlightening explanation. Now it will be so easy to avoid 25k damage from a single ability which can be shot from stealth. Thanks.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@"polvere.2805" said:I call it CC and burst executed by 2 players. Your fault for not having stunbreak/condi cleans and dodge. Death's judgement is quite telegraphed, you see the red laser coming to you. Sure 20 k burst counterable by using a basic ability that everyone has (let's not talk about the spam of vigor that almost all classes can upkeep, the ones that can't have invuln or other defensives). Also you were aware of the thief presence because he needs at least 15 secs to get to maximum malice stacks in order to do so much damage, and he need to have you marked (which put a big debuff on you with a really clear animation). I only see "i was not paying attention so i got killed" in your post.

The fun thing is that in the game there are a lot of strong burst that leave almost counterplay and here you are complaining about one of the easiest to avoid.

How many stunbreaks do you have to take to deal with single-hit single-kill ability? Lets just ignore that necro can use more than 1 cc, lets ignore that Deadeye have CC on its own. According to you, how many stunbreaks a played needs to have to not be on-shotted by spammable ability?And you seen red laser as much as you want, it will still not stop it when you get cc or run out of dodges.And please, name those basic abilities who can counter 25k burst. Go on, enlighten me.And you get that during teamfights thief can switch targets, lets malice build and then one-shot you, don't you? Oh wait, every class have endless dodges according to you. Silly me. Of course everyone can have permanent vigor, because everyone builds their characters to counter specifically only Deadeye and nobody else. Everyone puts only stunbreakers into their utilities and all of them grant vigor. Now i get it, thanks for informing me. Thanks makes 25k from ONE SINGLE SPAMMABLE HIT perfectly fine. Thanks for such an enlightening explanation. Now it will be so easy to avoid 25k damage from a single ability which can be shot from stealth. Thanks.

A whole pile of things will kill you if you are feared and run out of dodges and stun breaks.

Dude don't even try man. Don't even try. It's useless, people are used to such shitty design that it's percieved as normal. It's always the standardized retort knowing pretty damn well that in pvp there is way more going on then just lol stunbreak or just lol dodge or just lol block reflect as if it's always ready at a certain time, wich is bullshit. No matter how u twist and turn it in the end they are nothing more then players justifying a one hit kill, but not just a one hit kill, a one hit overkill 25 k that's 6 k more then warrior base hp wich is already an high healthpool class, u are bassically getting into necro levels territory of hp here. Because that's it. U fuck up, in this case another necro feared u and u take a disproportional amount of damage. so much damage it's litterally a fucking overkill in the most literal sense of the word.

@babazhook.6805 said:

A whole pile of things will kill you if you are feared and run out of dodges and stun breaks.

Name any other ability which can one-shot you with single hit. Thanks.

Name any other ability which can one-shot you with single hit. Thanks.

In WvW I have been one shot by COR and KILLSHOT. Thanks.

@Oozo.7856 said:Yeah, don't target specific classes. Deadeye needs the big hitter (relative to other classes), otherwise it's just a useless build. The problem is that damage is just way too high pretty much across the board.

It would be better to distribute that damage across the weapon skills than put it in one skill.

the thief has 11k hp,the thief is squishy as a snails poo,the thief needs to hide in stealth for 21 seconds.

EVERY class will blow that thief up before he can even react,and it won't take them 21 seconds of setup to do it.you should be glad that he's playing a gimmicky oneshot build that is dead 90% of the time while his stealth skills are on cooldown.

Name the class that you are using and i will tell you how you could get out of that.DJ it's not spammable, he can use max 3 death's judgement if he is running trickery line then he has to wait for his initiative to recharge, let's leave the fact that if he has no more initiative he has one skill to escape that is shadowstep, and with all the friggin mobility skill in this game if you cant put up some pressure with just a single shadowstep then it's your fault. If he is using death's retreat he is not shooting you yay.

I never had any kind of problem dealing with deadeyes. Maybe i am a god or maybe you are doing something wrong. I would be obviously happy if the first was the case but i don't really think so.If you get hit by a fully charged death's judgement because you can't : 1 - focus a target in a teamfight 2- not understanding what role each class takes in a teamfight 3- not coordinate with your team 4 - use defensives 5- just dont be there, not all fights are winnable (THAT'S THE BASIC OF SPVP THIS IS NOT WoW), then i don't think the problem lays in the deadeye design.

I mean why you can't save your defensive just for the deadeye if it is the thing that's killing you ? It's a spec designed to do high damage if not focused in a teamfight, then let's make druid stop healing, necros stop sending condis and what else ? basically delete the game ?

Your reasoning is: there is a strong point of a skill so the skill is op, let's ignore ALL the downsides that the class has running that spec. You clearly have never played thief.

I just hope this thread will be deleted for his uselessness really.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Your fault for not doing anything that will save you from Death’s Judgement in 15 seconds. 15. Freaking. Seconds. To. Build. Up. Maximum. Malice.

)

Why. Some. People. Don't. Understand. That. Deadeye. Can. Switch. Targets. And. Pop. Out. Of. Nowhere. To. Black. You. In. The. Face. With. 25K. Damage. While. You. Don't. Know. Whether. He. Is. In. Stealth. Not. Even. Mentioning. That. In. Team. Fights. You. Can't. Simply. Save. All. You. Defensive. Abilities. Just. For. Off. Chance. A. Deadeye. Might. Focus. You. While. His. Team. Mates. Are. Blasting. You. In. The. Face. With. CC. Boon. Corrupts. And. Other. Damaging. Abilities.

Why. Are. You. Not. Understanding. That. Deadeye. Loses. All. Malice. Stacks. When. Swapping. Targets. You. Still. Have. A. Ducking. Lot. Of. Time.

In. Teamfights. You. Will. Die. When. A. DPS. Role. Focuses. You. Whether. It. Is. A. Deadeye. Or. Not.

If. You’ve. Used. All. Your. Defensive. Abilities. And. Still. Fighting. It. Is. Your. Fault. For. Not. Leaving. Or. Your. Teammates’. Fault. For. Not. +1’ing. You.

You simply said a simple teamfight scenario where 2 people focuses 1 person and that person dies. It’s not exclusive to Deadeye.

Literal description of the ability: Mark a single target to generate stacks of malice over time. Malice generates faster and increases your damage against the marked target as long as you have recently struck it. Lose all malice when the mark ends or this skill is recast on a new target.Do you notice that there not a single word saying that you can't start attacking other target while malice is building on another target?

@Imperadordf.2687 said:You simply said a simple teamfight scenario where 2 people focuses 1 person and that person dies. It’s not exclusive to Deadeye.

Name any other class which can one-hit you from 1200 range with a single hit while you get +1. Please, name that class.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:Literal description of the ability: _Mark a single target to generate stacks of malice over time. Malice generates faster and increases your damage against the marked target as long as you have recently struck it.

Edit: Just pointing out that yes, as you say, nothing says you can't build malice on your marked target and attack another target.

The main thing you missed is that it achieves nothing, you can't do any bonus damage Death's Judgment spikes unless it's your marked target..

@"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:During last game i was fighting a necro, got feared and got hit with 25k crit from death judgement. Come one thief mains, justify it. Justify one-push one-kill ability.

Sounds like an excellent teamwork these guys did. You were in a fight already, with a huge mark over your head, and then a fully stacked Deadeye critted that used his class as designed, just the same with the Necro that feared you the right moment. Deadeye need to kneel before doing this, so he could roam freely or you were in the same place all the time that allowed him to land a bullet on you (clear Line of Sight) etc. Apparently the environment also did not help you or you were not using it, but that's not a class balance problem.

There is your justification. I bet if it worked in your favour you'd be satisfied. So instead of calling Deadeye's useless all the time, maybe work with one and learn such tactics and teamwork (even though I know you'd just come back with "dats cheese" or "i no abuse this shit" or something similar, but man, this game does not cater only around your playstyle).

When I see how much things have to come together for that one kill, I can think of other professions succesfully faceroll way easier than this.

Excelsior.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Your fault for not doing anything that will save you from Death’s Judgement in 15 seconds. 15. Freaking. Seconds. To. Build. Up. Maximum. Malice.

)

Why. Some. People. Don't. Understand. That. Deadeye. Can. Switch. Targets. And. Pop. Out. Of. Nowhere. To. Black. You. In. The. Face. With. 25K. Damage. While. You. Don't. Know. Whether. He. Is. In. Stealth. Not. Even. Mentioning. That. In. Team. Fights. You. Can't. Simply. Save. All. You. Defensive. Abilities. Just. For. Off. Chance. A. Deadeye. Might. Focus. You. While. His. Team. Mates. Are. Blasting. You. In. The. Face. With. CC. Boon. Corrupts. And. Other. Damaging. Abilities.

Why. Are. You. Not. Understanding. That. Deadeye. Loses. All. Malice. Stacks. When. Swapping. Targets. You. Still. Have. A. Ducking. Lot. Of. Time.

In. Teamfights. You. Will. Die. When. A. DPS. Role. Focuses. You. Whether. It. Is. A. Deadeye. Or. Not.

If. You’ve. Used. All. Your. Defensive. Abilities. And. Still. Fighting. It. Is. Your. Fault. For. Not. Leaving. Or. Your. Teammates’. Fault. For. Not. +1’ing. You.

You simply said a simple teamfight scenario where 2 people focuses 1 person and that person dies. It’s not exclusive to Deadeye.

Literal description of the ability:
Mark a single target to generate stacks of malice over time. Malice generates faster and increases your damage against the marked target as long as you have recently struck it. Lose all malice when the mark ends or this skill is recast on a new target.
Do you notice that there not a single word saying that you can't start attacking other target while malice is building on another target?Why would you Mark somebody else and attack another target?And if you are attacking another target Malice stacks sloooooowly.It only increases your damage against the Marked, so again, why would you attack somebody else if you’re not going to swap targets quickly?

@Imperadordf.2687 said:You simply said a simple teamfight scenario where 2 people focuses 1 person and that person dies. It’s not exclusive to Deadeye.

Name any other class which can one-hit you from 1200 range with a single hit while you get +1. Please, name that class.

Rifle WarriorHammer RevenantHerald Sword BurstGS MesmerOff-hand dagger glass Weaver with Lightning FlashFresh Air Weaver with Lightning FlashS/D ThiefD/P ThiefGlass LB Soulbeast

As you can see, those are mostly one trick pony builds that are only for dealing damage. Not like Dea... Oh wait ~

@Zedek.8932 said:

@"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:During last game i was fighting a necro, got feared and got hit with 25k crit from death judgement. Come one thief mains, justify it. Justify one-push one-kill ability.

Sounds like an excellent
teamwork
these guys did. You
were in a fight already
, with a
huge mark over your head
, and then a
fully stacked
Deadeye
critted
that used his class as designed, just the same with the Necro that feared you the right moment. Deadeye need to
kneel
before doing this, so he could roam freely or you were in the same place all the time that allowed him to land a bullet on you (clear Line of Sight) etc. Apparently
the environment
also did not help you or you were not using it, but that's not a class balance problem.

There is your justification. I bet if it worked in your favour you'd be satisfied. So instead of calling Deadeye's useless all the time, maybe work with one and learn such tactics and teamwork (even though I know you'd just come back with "dats cheese" or "i no abuse this kitten" or something similar, but man, this game does not cater only around your playstyle).

When I see how much things have to come together for that one kill,
I can think of other professions succesfully faceroll way easier than this.

Excelsior.

So, looks like i missed whole elite reveal where Arena introduced Deadeye as a class who can on-shot anyone if you run out of dodges. Because Deadeye was designed to be able to deal that much damage, right?

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Why would you Mark somebody else and attack another target?And if you are attacking another target Malice stacks sloooooowly.It only increases your damage against the Marked, so again, why would you attack somebody else if you’re not going to swap targets quickly?

So that person would panic, don't use defensive abilities and save up dodges while being killed by other player. You guys keep spouting nonsense about how you need to keep defensives and dodges in case deadeye will focus you. So, deadeye can put his mark on you and you will get killed by anybody just because you will be too scared to use your defensive abilities in case of 25k crit, while deadeye can happily attack other target.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Rifle Warrior

In no way, shape of form can deal that amount of damage.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Hammer Revenant

In no way, shape or form can deal that amount of damage.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Herald Sword Burst

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Fresh Air Weaver with Lightning Flash

@Imperadordf.2687 said:S/D ThiefD/P Thief

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

)

Mark a single target to generate stacks of malice over time. Malice generates faster and increases your damage against the marked target as long as you have recently struck it. Lose all malice when the mark ends or this skill is recast on a new target.
Do you notice that there not a single word saying that you can't start attacking other target while malice is building on another target?Why would you Mark somebody else and attack another target?And if you are attacking another target Malice stacks sloooooowly.It only increases your damage against the Marked, so again, why would you attack somebody else if you’re not going to swap targets quickly?

Rifle WarriorHammer RevenantHerald Sword BurstGS MesmerOff-hand dagger glass Weaver with Lightning FlashFresh Air Weaver with Lightning FlashS/D ThiefD/P ThiefGlass LB Soulbeast

As you can see, those are mostly one trick pony builds that are only for dealing damage. Not like Dea... Oh wait ~

Like...Most things on that list are not single hit...Or don't one shot in an spvp environment.

About 2 other classes could probably 1 hit with a single hit skill.

D/P theif with a buffed backstab

and maybe a rifle war.

@Solori.6025 said:

)

Like...Most things on that list are not single hit...Or don't one shot in an spvp environment.

About 2 other classes could probably 1 hit with a single hit skill.

D/P theif with a buffed backstab

and maybe a rifle war.

Not to mention GS Mesmer isn’t dealing they damage from range, shatter burst are melee and require up to 9 skills.

It's suppose to be a 1-shot, 1 kill skill. Hugely telegraphed as there's a target on you that tells you it's coming. Unfortunate CC at the time it came.

Actually, maybe they should buff the skill from 25k to 40k because Deadeye is still a bad class in Automated Tournaments XD

KILLshot

Damage level 1 damage: 949 (2.25)?Damage Level 2 damage: 1,160 (2.75)?Damage Level 3 damage: 1,371 (3.25)?PiercesCombo Finisher: Physical ProjectileRange: 1,500

Deaths Judgment

Damage: 696 (1.65)?Damage bonus per stack: 20%Revealed (3s): You cannot stealthCombo Finisher: Physical ProjectileRange: 1,500

Killshot hits much harder base. In order to get DJ into killshot range , full malice stacks needed and one must kneel to make the shot. Just as Malificient 7 can be used to maximize damage on a DJ , there are traits that increase kill shot damage. (burst mastery ,Berserkers power)

As example , at 7 malice stacks the DE thief gets 21 percent bonus damage to the DJ. Berserkers Power gives that same 21 percent bonus damage to a kill shot. The base damage of a Kill shot is MUCH higher then a DJ meaning the only thing that brings DJ ahead is the bonus off the kneel. Note that while a Kill shot warrior can switch off his target and maintain the SAME high level of damage, a DJ thief will lose damage if they switch targets. Note a Killshot warrior has a shot that pierces and has an esier time making the shot unblockable.

So the FACT is yes a Killshot warrior can make a single shot and take someone out with that single shot. One does not need 25k damage to single shot another. The OP is continously moving the Goalposts. The reason DJ will hit harder then a killshot is not because DJ does more damage then KS. it due to other factors and bonuses not directly linked to Killshot (such as executioner , lead attacks, signet use on assassins and so on) which play a role in all thief attacks by design.

Archived