Confessions of a Solo roamer

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

Sometime when I play during off hours I like to solo roam around as I'm sure others do as well. Sometimes I will follow groups of 5-20 and do things like lay supply traps in front of them. One time I followed a group of 15ish and kept laying supply traps and watching them pop them, did this for a while. When they jumped maps, I followed and kept doing it until finally they anticipated where I would be and killed me. All 15 corpse jumped me...heheWhat do you do for fun? Confess!

That is the exact type of stuff i'll do, lol. I go to a tower they are taking, drop a supply trap behind the wall, then when that one gets triggered, I jump out and put one at the portal so if they run out through it, they trigger it too. I'll also just drop them in random open fields, and then wait and bait a group to come chase me so they trigger it.It's funny and you are depriving them of supplies, win win!

I like seeing solo roamers burn :)They are usually not tanky bulds, so i get my DH friends to drop all their traps near QL or Durios sentry.Then i just drop some ranger unblockable/launch traps.I would say 80% go to downstate, others that are really good use their stun break/port in time to get out of it with very low hp.Fun to watch though :)

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:I like to lead the "skill groups" that chase me to waiting zergs, it's especially funny when it's the 3rd servers zerg, it doesn't even matter if I die at that point, I die laughing.

I like to do this too :) it's really funny, cause they just sort of pause in the straggled run formation, but it is to late.

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:I like to lead the "skill groups" that chase me to waiting zergs, it's especially funny when it's the 3rd servers zerg, it doesn't even matter if I die at that point, I die laughing.I've done this a few times myself. There is/was a certain "skilled" group that always streamed their runs. When I knew they were on the same map as me, I'd put their stream up on one of my other displays so I knew where they were. I would lead them to the nearest friendly tag. It was funny watching this happen on their stream: They see me moving away from them -> They all start chasing me -> They see the group I'm running to -> They immediately port to Garrison/Spawn.

I'll have to give the supply trap a go in a more conscious manner. I've tried to do when I think of it but it seems to be when i have no supplies on me. Other than trying to harass random people and usually dying I like to try and go for the BL's owners main camps. Try and see how deep I can get into enemy territory, on my reaper.

When a friendly Keep is under attack, and the enemy zerg is past the Outer gates/wall and is in at least Inner gates/wall, I like to go destroy all the Outer siege and shut the outer wall/gate shut. I ignore what's going on in Inner or the Lords Room until I do this first. It cuts off reinforcements, and I would imagine the absolute anguish of some late enemy stragglers (and downs who have wp and come back) who have returned for the "easy" Keep cap, only to find themselves unable to go back in without dropping new siege. Such delight! I am so evil...

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:I like to lead the "skill groups" that chase me to waiting zergs, it's especially funny when it's the 3rd servers zerg, it doesn't even matter if I die at that point, I die laughing.

I’ve literally done this while tagging as many of the people chasing me as possible, go down state as the 2 servers clash. Wait for it, wait for it, vapour form, get the rally, straight into air and RtL away.

Usually they’re all far too busy fighting to notice the ele pegging it behind the zerg.

I absolutely despise the "all-in" chasers. I hate them. So usually they are the victims of my evil deeds.Chasing me, unless we are in the middle of nowhere and theres nothing but flat ground, is a bad idea.Either, I will keep running until theres only enough of them left ( or maybe just 1 ) that i can kill them. turn around, kick their asses. I am really good at 1v1 afterall. Because of their tryharding and eagerness to catch me, I think it's ok to jump on their corpse or laugh after they just ran across half the map only to get destroyed.

The other thing I love to do on alpine maps is to lead them to the jumping puzzle on the top left of the map. If they actually end up following me all the way.. I kill them the very second they jump through the waterfall as they are really low on HP when they land. I am not, of course, as i'm using the fall-dmg trait.

On desert maps I just tend to run up. any way i can. up up up. then i shoot them all the way down again off an edge with Point Blank Shot. even if they dont die cus they can glide.. its still funny. There are many spots you can shoot people off from on the desert map.

@bigo.9037 said:

On desert maps I just tend to run up. any way i can. up up up. then i shoot them all the way down again off an edge with Point Blank Shot. even if they dont die cus they can glide.. its still funny. There are many spots you can shoot people off from on the desert map.

Better yet, wait til they glide and snipe them out of the air, also I sometimes like when taking the tower s of hills, waiting for someone to try gliding in to contest and ccing them right before they land in tower...

I find zerg battles (regardless if my team is a part of it) and I will single out the enemy commander and Deadeye's Mark them twice (w/Mercy) just as they start their push. This strips their stab and protection (twice) and really messes them up and annoys them. I've gotten many a commander to shift their entire zerg in my direction after a few of these pops.

@Turk.5460 said:I find zerg battles (regardless if my team is a part of it) and I will single out the enemy commander and Deadeye's Mark them twice (w/Mercy) just as they start their push. This strips their stab and protection (twice) and really messes them up and annoys them. I've gotten many a commander to shift their entire zerg in my direction after a few of these pops.

IKR? Like they think that will annoy you lol. To me it's funnier if I make the Zerg do something they didn't want to do. One person... I have a hard time not laughing...

I tag hills or bay and then wait for the unfortunate scout that comes from gari. I keep an eye on the RI of camps I have flipped and try to be nearby when it is open for attack. Yes I actually defend camps in enemy borderlands instead of merely karma training them.

Full minstrel shout spell breaker. Almost perma prot, regen. Running around with mace/warhorn+dagger/shield. All I do is just stun you, and run around healing your damage. One day I had a group of 10 playing ring a round the rosey in the shrine north of bay.

Nothing more fun than trolling a guild group on that kind of spec

Archived