Gold

Alright i know that this has been asked multiple times already but im going to ask anyway as this has annoyed me for quite a while now.

How the hell to people actually farm gold in this game?Every single time i ask someone they give me the most bullshit and outdated methods ever.And when people say that the 250g for the Griffon is "Pocket Money" then something is really wrong here, i've been playing for nearly 2 years now and the 92 gold i currently have is the most i ever had.Most people i ask say "Dailies and Dungeons" but i highly doubt that the 2g you get from doing Dailies is the way to go especially if you need 250g for a stupid mount and that is considered "Pocket Money"I heard that Domain of Istan is awesome to farm due to the Events but then i hear people saying that Istan farming got nerfed and that i shouldnt bother.

So before i waste my time once again, how do you farm gold in this game?

Fractal dailies are like 30g per day.

On top of that, I also run the mussel's route in VB on all my characters. I only do it once per day, but they respawn every hour I've heard. If you end up with a freshwater pearl, you make 5g for around 25 minutes of work. At the end of the month, that adds up to 150g if you do it daily.

Just generally playing the game as well WILL add to your funds. The issue people have with that is they don't realize quite how much they are spending daily. When you're buying new gear, food, utilities, etc, it all adds up and looks like you aren't making anything.

Another thing some people do, and many don't really mention, is flipping items on the TP. Once I worked my way up to 200g about two years ago, I started flipping as my primary source of income. It takes work and patience, but can't argue with the results.

Edit: Flax farm in VB is also around 30s per toon. per day. Takes maybe five minutes for my 8 characters. Also, meta events in Dragon's Stand, Auric Basin, Silverwastes, and I've heard Istan

@"Eskarion.9280" said:Alright i know that this has been asked multiple times already but im going to ask anyway as this has annoyed me for quite a while now.

How the hell to people actually farm gold in this game?Every single time i ask someone they give me the most kitten and outdated methods ever.And when people say that the 250g for the Griffon is "Pocket Money" then something is really wrong here, i've been playing for nearly 2 years now and the 92 gold i currently have is the most i ever had.Most people i ask say "Dailies and Dungeons" but i highly doubt that the 2g you get from doing Dailies is the way to go especially if you need 250g for a stupid mount and that is considered "Pocket Money"I heard that Domain of Istan is awesome to farm due to the Events but then i hear people saying that Istan farming got nerfed and that i shouldnt bother.

So before i waste my time once again, how do you farm gold in this game?

what i did was the casual dailies, farming maps and pvp. i just do events and stuff and it adds up eventually, at times i asked in map chat if anyone can spare 1 gold (i was working on getting ascended armor and needed funds badly) the most i have had at once was 3k gold. i got my armor then donated the rest to a guild that needed some gold for a startup.

Personally, one of my favorite ways to make money is massing up with my people in WvW and turning our enemies into LOOT BAGS!! :+1:Nothing like beating the hell out of the enemy and also getting PAID! :lol:

I also make a decent amount of coin from - TP sells, HoT metas, and crafting.

Pretty much...you can play whatever game-mode you want and make coin. Watch for trends on the TP of what's selling and what's in high demand. Seasonal items can be quite profitable! :+1: You know how it goes... buy low and sell high! (Buy when there's abundance of an item, sell when it's scarce). And try to be patient about it. (Or you can take the quick money and run, too! I do that sometimes! :lol:).

Also, during many times of the year Anet will have some event going on that you can farm and profit from. Keep an eye out for such things.:wink: You can also see trends over time on items by using the wiki and sites like gw2spidy.com

Brother, there's no reason to be poor in GW2. Just take a few of the suggestions from some of the folks here and you'll soon be saying "250g is pocket money" too... cuz... it is. :smile:

Open world meta events, if you have Living World season 4 episode 1 unlocked (Domain of Istan), farm events on that map, that's where I make my daily 100 Gold. If not, core Tyria - Silverwastes has a rewarding meta as well (I just got bored of that one after farming it for like 3 years). :D The good thing about open world events if that anyone can join with any build/gear. :) No elitism, no requirements.

but then i hear people saying that Istan farming got nerfed and that i shouldnt bother.

That is NOT true. Multiloot was removed and the chests in Pala were nerfed slightly but that's about it. Still as good as SW if not better. Why do you think squads fill up quickly? Because it's still rewarding. Like I said, I make my daily 100 Gold in Istan and I'm sitting on 10k Gold right now and I've probably spent twice that amount on my characters. I'm kind of tired of people misleading others and saying open world is not rewarding. :/ IT TOTALLY IS! JOIN USSS!!!!!!!!

VZsRRPu.jpg

First of all. Even the most lucrative farming methods costs time. There is no easy way to get lots of gold. There are just some methods better then others. But even if you don't play often (like me), proper inventory management will get you 100g per month if you only do your dailies.Keep in mind that dailies are more then the daily overall achievements.But lets start with the regular dailies.Doing three of them rewards 2g In a month this is 60g.Further, from the daily chest you get 55 laurels per month. When traded for heavy crafting bags, you get 3*20s perr laurel. This is another 33 gold. The other 7g is from the drops and items gathered.

I combine this monthly reset with my bank cleanout. Every material I have more then 30 off, gets sold on the tradepost. I boos the 33g for the laurels up to more like 140g. These are mats that come from salvaging items I pick up when normally playing. I only play for 2 hours per day on average.

If you want more. you can do the more active farms, that also give money. But they are time consuming.

You must spend too much. I've never 'farmed' gold. I accumulate it by doing dailies and selling loot, and occasionally by selling crafted items or selling unwanted rewards from black lion chests etc. I have about 2000g on hand, which fluxuates up and down. Gold comes in gradually - there's no 'get rich quick' method. But if you don't spend like a fiend it should be no problem coming up with the funds for a griffon mount.

@"Eskarion.9280" said:i've been playing for nearly 2 years now and the 92 gold i currently have is the most i ever had.

That's nearly 600 days, right? You should have easily earned 2g per day summing up to 1200g within these 2years, just by loging in and spending 10min on dailies.(not even talking about all the additional gold you got from monthly rewards, sums probably up to another 1k gold per year)

If you did. Check how you wasted 1k gold! The easiest and fasted way to get gold is: Think before you waste it. (Simple example: You can earn 700gold in a day by building a legendary from bought items and gift of battle and gift of exploration (https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries) and sell it, or you can waste up to 4k gold by buying it from TP and soul-binding it.)If you did not? Your own fault, you do not deserve to have gold.

• 4 weeks later...

@"Mea.5491" said:Open world meta events, if you have Living World season 4 episode 1 unlocked (Domain of Istan), farm events on that map, that's where I make my daily 100 Gold. If not, core Tyria - Silverwastes has a rewarding meta as well (I just got bored of that one after farming it for like 3 years). :D The good thing about open world events if that anyone can join with any build/gear. :) No elitism, no requirements.

but then i hear people saying that Istan farming got nerfed and that i shouldnt bother.

That is NOT true. Multiloot was removed and the chests in Pala were nerfed slightly but that's about it. Still as good as SW if not better. Why do you think squads fill up quickly? Because it's still rewarding. Like I said, I make my daily 100 Gold in Istan and I'm sitting on 10k Gold right now and I've probably spent twice that amount on my characters. I'm kind of tired of people misleading others and saying open world is not rewarding. :/ IT TOTALLY IS! JOIN USSS!!!!!!!!

VZsRRPu.jpg

How many hours do you farm a day?

If you have living world season 4 map 1 (domain of Istan) it is pretty easy to farm gold. Rotate great hall, palawadan, and Akili to farm champions and volatile magic.

Champions will drop palawan phylacteries, which can drop rare and exotic gear and different rarities of unidentified gear. You will get a lot of unidentified gear that you can sell even without those. You will get a lot of volatile magic that you can use to buy trophy crates. Open those and sell the contents. Can easily make 20-30g per hour doing that. It’s the best one I’ve come across so far.

@kajahun.1934 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

@kajahun.1934 said:I play 3-4 hour too, but i only got 20-30 gold, sometime less

In Istan? Are you spending your volatile magic on shipments?

Yes

o_o You're doing something wrong.Make sure you do Palawadan and GH with a big squad, open all the chests that spawn on the ground to collect more magic.5 champions spawn every 25% HP of Amala during GH, you must have enough AoEs to damage them all to get bags!During Palawadan, it is important to have a ranged weapon and damage all the champs, they die fast. You should get at least 20 bags.I recommend stacking some Vit/Toughness because if you die all the time that means you cannot damage the bosses = no loot!The Akili event is a bit tricky because things die quickly, bring a ranged weapon and ground AoEs, you can get extra bags there.During the book event, just kill everything you see and most people skip the pirate event these days (it's boring).Either sell unidentified gear (if your Magic Find is low) or open them (500+ MF). Do NOT salvage them!Buy only trophy or leather shipments, check gw2lunchbox for current highest price.Sell every material and other junk on TP.

Archived