Fear not this night 2018 version : on Soundcloud !

If it's any help, i missed an earlier threads so thanks for the post

Song aside, I love the darker tone overall it portrays. I hope we go a lot darker before all is said and done (that might just be because I'm in a William Hope Hodgson zone though..)

Beats in no way the original, sorry

The original catched an emotional moment, that this remix never can do the same

PS. to go a step further, I'd say even it would have been better not to remix FNTN, but make instead a complete new vocalized song that could have been used for the LW content..but maybe eventually for the end of the current season, where it fits better to create a new emotional catching moment.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Orpheal.8263 said:Beats in no way the original, sorry

Don't apologize! :) Not everyone loves everything, and it was awesome to get to deliver something that so many people wanted. It's been great the past few hours to see everyone's excitement--and for those who don't care for it the original still exists!

It doesn't beat the original, it provides an excellent alternative to it since it conjures up entirely different emotions and atmospheres. What it sets out to achieve it does so and it does it brilliantly.

What continues to shine in this part of GW2's life is the score. There is nothing overtly wrong with Soule's stuff, but what has appeared since has more often than not, captured the setting and atmosphere it is designed for in much better way. There are times where the re-used assets get it wrong (Dry Top music in the new Rata area for eg), but pretty much all the music hits the spot perfectly each time.

Fantastic job by the team and I'll sing your praises even more if you can re-use Rata Novus music in game in future releases ;)

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Orpheal.8263 said:Beats in no way the original, sorry

Don't apologize! :) Not everyone loves everything, and it was awesome to get to deliver something that so many people wanted. It's been great the past few hours to see everyone's excitement--and for those who don't care for it the original still exists!

Any chance this and the rest of the OST will go on spotify?

This was interesting. I very much like the original with Asja's vocals because her voice ... (I'm hunting for words a bit, sorry) ... soars and that perfectly fits the most important moments in-game where the song appears. (I'm a big fan of the emotional impact of soaring soprano voices.) There is a real emotional impact to it.(1)

Sad to say that I'm much less pleased with this one because despite the dark / sombre tone (well suited to the aftermath of a went-badly battle, I'd say), the vocals wander out of key in a way that grates (sorry, that's not really quite what I want to say, but it's the best I can manage) a bit for me.

(1) It's a rather personal thing, I guess, but when this song played in the aftermath of story-path Victory or Death the first time I played it ... (Spoiler box, sorry. It's not a happy story.)

! I'll tell the story from the beginning rather than continuing the aborted sentence.!! My wife and I picked up the Early Start / Collector's Edition package and started at Beta Weekend 2. We had fun picking up the troll stone in the cave in Queensdale during one of those weekends, although that didn't end well, obviously. We got up specially early to play at the beginning of Early Start, and we cranked along until the mid-20s in level. Sadly, for her, the combat never really clicked, and at the time I could not redirect the mobs onto my guardian, so she got tired of it and stopped.!! I battled on to level 80, then set the game aside because it wasn't much fun playing without her.!! Advance to the middle of 2015, and she passed away because of a kidney cancer that metastasised and so on. I resumed GW2 a bit, and eventually took that guardian that I had got to level 80 on to Victory or Death. So I beat it (I had previously tried with a thief/daredevil, and bounced hard off it, but ...), and sat there watching the aftermath, and FNTN started playing. And I sat there listening to that soaring soprano voice and suddenly my face was in my hands and with tears streaming all over for no reason that I could really find. I dunno, maybe because she wasn't there to see me win, or maybe because she wasn't there to help me win, or I don't know what else, but...

Anyway, that's why it has a special significance for me, and that's why this new version doesn't really do it for me - it isn't the original version.

Sorry.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@"Orpheal.8263" said:Beats in no way the original, sorry

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/fer-naw-this-evenin-by-the-soggy-joko-brothers

And I thought nothing can beat it XDDDDD You're awesome, ANet!

@"ZerotheFang.5890" said:mp3? file downloads as a .wav

One tool you can use is one of the many converter websites if you would like.This is one I have used to convert soundcloud tracks to mp3 format.

It saves this track as a 128kbps mp3 that is only 2.48MB instead of the 4,608kbps 89.4MB wav file.

If you would prefer a higher quality 320kbps mp3 (~6MB), there are other sites that offer selectable quality levels, as well as m3u autofill/customization that work for soundcloud as well as other media sites.

Archived