Would you like more skill slots...for slot skills ?

No, this game is built around a limited action skillset. it'd break core gameplay to have all possible skills available at all times.The one thing I'd change is maybe a few slots for CONSUMABLE items that are in your inventory so they could be slotted there and keybound so you wouldn't need to have your full inventory open in order to use the items.

Wouldn't more skill slots to have "fun" skills along with "meta" skills, just end up chaning the "meta" builds to use those extra skill slots?I have an easier solution for you... when doing content that really doesn't need you to use the "meta" builds (anything in PvE thats not raids or highend fractals), change around skills to use some of the "fun" ones.

Thats what I basically proposed above with an example.Possible is it surely. The point is only, if Anet is willing to give us more Utility Skills ect. as part of our Character Progression in PvE.It would be an easy way for Anet to give us either via LW content, or via Expansion this as a form of more Character Progression for PvE and its easy made new content quicker to implement, than anything else, because it would be just progression, thats based on unlocking somethign on an already existign gameplay feature - the Skill Bar and not somethign that is based on implementing somethign completely new, like Mounts, which means alot more effort to add to a game.

Like mentioned, if it stays in PvE only, it should make absolutely no problems, it will enhance only our gameplay expeirence there and reduce a bit our build limitations.In PvP and WvW it would cause balance problems clearly, so there it woudl have to be a must, that Utility Slots have to stay at maximum 3.

Adding maximum 2 Utility Slots more would make not a huge difference. It would make it only possible to use from a Utility Skill Type finally all of them together, because currently we have per Skill Type only 4 Skills.But that could become quickly very irrelevant, if Anet would add via Expansions for all Classes if they would give us more Utility Slots also more new Utility Skills to choose from, what could be a nice alternative for example, instead of pumping this game too full with E-Specs, thatz if they stop with E-Specs, that the Specs in the Expansions get then replaced simply with new added Utility Skills for all Classes and their Specs to increase this way the Build Diversity.

I think it would be best to just make the current skills more balanced and more diverse. There are tons of trash skills nobody uses because they are outdated or poorly made. And there are a few skills everyone uses because they are OP.Adding more buttons doesn't make a game better, only more complex. Making the current buttons interesting to use is much, much better.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:I know that a lot of new players find 15 to be overwhelming. You increase the minimum number of skills per build, and you make it harder for such players to get into the game.

Really? :open_mouth: And then there's me, I hate professions that don't have many skills (Warrior, Thief). I play Firebrand, kit Engi and Ele because I enjoy pressing many buttons. I couldn't get into ESO because we're limited to 10 skills (and 2 ults but those can't be used often) and I thought it was extremely boring. I also couldn't get into Guardian for 5 years because it didn't have enough skills for my liking, Tomes are the best thing that happened to Guard, 15 extra skills, baby! <3 So I'm all for more utilities and profession mechanic skills! :D

@Ardid.7203 said:I think it would be best to just make the current skills more balanced and more diverse. There are tons of trash skills nobody uses because they are outdated or poorly made. And there are a few skills everyone uses because they are OP.Adding more buttons doesn't make a game better, only more complex. Making the current buttons interesting to use is much, much better.

Yup. When we're pretty much required to keep condi clear and stun breaks on our bars, there's little room left for the fun/quirky/tactical skills we could be using.

@Mea.5491 said:

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:I know that a lot of new players find 15 to be overwhelming. You increase the minimum number of skills per build, and you make it harder for such players to get into the game.

Really? :open_mouth: And then there's me, I hate professions that don't have many skills (Warrior, Thief). I play Firebrand, kit Engi and Ele because I enjoy pressing many buttons. I couldn't get into ESO because we're limited to 10 skills (and 2 ults but those can't be used often) and I thought it was extremely boring. I also couldn't get into Guardian for 5 years because it didn't have enough skills for my liking, Tomes are the best thing that happened to Guard, 15 extra skills, baby! <3 So I'm all for more utilities and profession mechanic skills! :D

And yet those 3 you mentioned have the highest functional diversity.... Its not that they have more skills in total, but that each skill set is well defined in its use. Thief has few skills, but it has the highest diversity in how it can be leveraged; with much of its learning curve in what skills to chain to get a specified effect. If you consider how those combos work, Thieves has just as many output effects as Ele has buttons to press.

I want this because I can never justify bringing stomp on my warrior except in low level areas. It's just soooo satisfying then loooooooong cool down.Of course I also want to be able to push normal PvE enemies off ledges. Also, throw bolas, if I had 5 utility slots I would add stomp and throw bolas.

Archived