The Wait on Refreshing AT's is Getting WAY to long...

zoopop.5630

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" this change is taking WAY to long , We need something keep some of us going with a team besides waiting every 5 hours for a "tournament".

I understand-fully that you guys are adding a Swizz style to the tournaments(which i disagree with) however why can't you guys just Give us HALF of it now and add the swizz system when it's actually ready? This was brought up about 4 months ago, and I can't fully understand why the "refresh" to tournaments can't just be done as soon as possible with also Lowering the total amount of rewards you can get....

It feels close to impossible to actually have proper team match up/training other then inviting a solid group to Inhouse games just to get what you need in order to improve, This task should of been done with Months ago to give Guilds/teams a Fair shot into wanting to come back into the PvP action again, Especially now with how close to a "balance" we'll ever be.

Please get back to me about the subject @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" your the ONLY that actually responses a fairly amount of times and I under it isn't always easy but I just can't let go the idea of refreshing AT's being hard to "code" when your just changing the timer on things.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We've been fairly open that swiss is taking longer than we'd hoped. We all want them to be done, believe me. As far as the On Demand tournaments, that's definitely still planned, but it will be post-swiss. We were hoping we could do them without new UI, but it didn't work out that way.

Also this is my opinion but I do not think the rewards should be reduced.

PvE farms can generate 40g per hour. Even winning the AT finals (which takes about an hour to complete) only rewards 25g.

The amount is still less than what you'd earn in PvE and it requires your team to be good enough to make it to the very end.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We've been fairly open that swiss is taking longer than we'd hoped. We all want them to be done, believe me. As far as the On Demand tournaments, that's definitely still planned, but it will be post-swiss. We were hoping we could do them without new UI, but it didn't work out that way.

PvE farms can generate 40g per hour. Even winning the AT finals (which takes about an hour to complete) only rewards 25g.

The amount is still less than what you'd earn in PvE and it requires your team to be good enough to make it to the very end.

Maybe keep the liquid gold but reduce the amount of coins and dyes?

• ArenaNet Staff

@shadowpass.4236 said:

The problem with not reducing rewards is that the on demand tournaments will usually likely be pretty small. One thing we've been thinking of is making a way of scaling tournament rewards by size. But this is more new code, so would probably come later.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

The problem with not reducing rewards is that the on demand tournaments will usually likely be pretty small. One thing we've been thinking of is making a way of scaling tournament rewards by size. But this is more new code, so would probably come later.

Would it be easier to award a set amount of gold per round you advance? Rather than just have a lump sum at the end/when you get eliminated. It could be like 7g per round or something like that. 3 wins would net you 21g which is usually semis. 4 would be 28g total. This would scale up and down depending on how many teams entered as difficulty increased/decreased.

Also, if you lose in the first round I don't think you should award anything. This prevents people just multiboxing 5 players and afking at the start of the AT for free gold.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:ATs probably have less than 1/10th of the population than raids, wasted dev effort

Raids. Everyone has raids. Raids, raids, raids!....

And so this is the end of our story. Everyone is dead from Raids. They took from me my best friend, my only true pal, my only bright star.

Well, I'm gonna march on Lion's Arch, lead the fight and charge the renegades. There's a hero inside all of us. I'll make them see everyone hates raids.

Eles,RAIDSRangers,RAIDS,Necro, Wars, and the MesmersRAIDS

The teefs, and the revs, and the engs, and the guard...they are all left out of RAIDS !

Everyone wants RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS

But tbh from logging in and observing, RAIDS are a microscopic part of the game content. PVP population far exceeds those that participate in RAIDS, RAIDS, RAIDS.

But, I woulnd't mind for a dev to step in and prove me wrong.

for the confused

Also, in case you don't understand, more convenient tournaments will draw a larger crowd....much larger than RAIDS, RAIDS, RAIDS.

@Amityel.5324 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:We've been fairly open that swiss is taking longer than we'd hoped. We all want them to be done, believe me. As far as the On Demand tournaments, that's definitely still planned, but it will be post-swiss. We were hoping we could do them without new UI, but it didn't work out that way.

Please whats swiss?

Swiss, "a Swiss" is a person from the country Switzerland.

It's also a tournament format.

If the tournaments are pretty small that would indicate a low population, and if you wanted to put in scaling rewards you would need a higher population, no doubt you guys have thought about this so I ask:Does this mean you might consider putting PIPS into Unranked or allow 5 man ranked queue again?

It might give the population a chance to grow with PIP rewards in unranked and it might help a lot with people wanting to practice together as a team in a semi competitive environment before undertaking the tournaments.

Whats taking so long, what is it that you guys are struggling with? Is there anything the community can do to help?

If on demand is such an issue why don’t you just add more at‘s? Like every 2 hour or something

@Nash.3974 said:

If on demand is such an issue why don’t you just add more at‘s? Like every 2 hour or something

This is actually a pretty good bandaid solution.

@Nash.3974 said:

If not swiss rounds, these tournaments will have no interest for lower experienced players( even for plat 1 teams actually), except leeching free rewards. You have 5-6 top teams rolling everyone else in EU. Beginners usually get rolled 500-10 on first round by tryhards setups such as condi thief, condi mirage, double scourge firebrand.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Would it be easier to award a set amount of gold per round you advance? Rather than just have a lump sum at the end/when you get eliminated. It could be like 7g per round or something like that. 3 wins would net you 21g which is usually semis. 4 would be 28g total. This would scale up and down depending on how many teams entered as difficulty increased/decreased.

Also, if you lose in the first round I don't think you should award anything. This prevents people just multiboxing 5 players and afking at the start of the AT for free gold.

I like this idea but it doesn't exactly work when the tournament doesn't have atleast 4 rounds. Off-peak tourneys can have as few as 4 teams in them.

@Yannir.4132 said:

I like this idea but it doesn't exactly work when the tournament doesn't have atleast 4 rounds. Off-peak tourneys can have as few as 4 teams in them.

But if they reset on finish, the same gold will be rewarded in the same time. Kinda. I guess baddies can farm gold quickly though.

@Yannir.4132 said:

Yeah that's the idea. If there are only a few teams, you'd make less gold in a shorter amount of time. Either way, I feel like this would be easier to implement rather than scaling the rewards based off of size.

Just reward a set amount of gold per win in an AT. EZ

• ArenaNet Staff

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Yeah that's the idea. If there are only a few teams, you'd make less gold in a shorter amount of time. Either way, I feel like this would be easier to implement rather than scaling the rewards based off of size.

This is a solution I've been looking into as well. We currently give out coin for playing a match. But currently, the amount is set for win or loss. I'd like to be able to set different values for different formats as well.

This is a solution I've been looking into as well. We currently give out coin for playing a match. But currently, the amount is set for win or loss. I'd like to be able to set different values for different formats as well.

You should probably stop rewarding people for losing. Participation trophies doesn't belong in a competitive environment.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:You should probably stop rewarding people for losing. Participation trophies doesn't belong in a competitive environment.

Well second place 'lost' to first, so they shouldn't get rewards? Not saying last place should get something huge but even a tiny incentive can go a long way. There's no hard and fast one way or the other with that mentality, it's all about where you draw the line in the gray area between rewarding everyone or everything going to the winner.

Archived