Allow mounts in WvW for pvp top 250

Title.

Reasoning/Rules;

1. Most top 250 players do not play WvW much because there is not really any competition unless you are fighting 1v2+. Will make top 250 players seem that much more “legendary” allowing them to swiftly move across maps, almost giving them a map boss type effect in WvW.
  2. Further incentivizes people to get into rank pvp and take it seriously.
  3. Current rank rewards are stale and every season they lose significance as they become more distributed. At this point I doubt many people even care. It’s like the legendary wings from season 2.
  4. For the players most interested in the combat system this will allow them to actually play WvW for what they enjoy. No more running around endlessly to find fights worth engaging.
  5. Limit mount types/special abilities.
  6. Allow for top 250 from all seasons following POF release or for new seasons.
  7. Remember to thumbs up.
  8. ????
  9. Profit

lol you know this would never happen...and dont pretend that a top title means you are "good" at the game, "not really any competition unless you are fighting 1v2+", yeah right, maybe dont play a top roamer build against PvE players using support builds just trying to get back at the commander and you will find a little more challenge.

@"Felipe.1807" said:lol you know this would never happen...and dont pretend that a top title means you are "good" at the game, "not really any competition unless you are fighting 1v2+", yeah right, maybe dont play a top roamer build against PvE players using support builds just trying to get back at the commander and you will find a little more challenge.

It could happen. We have gliding in WvW after all...

Ok 1v2 was a misspeak, sorry.

No challenge unless 1v3 ... on revenant.

But as seen by the decent players on classes like holosmith/ mirage / chrono / thief / spellbreaker / Druid / soulbeast / Weaver / daredevil / DH / core guard / firebrand / scourge even 1v3s can be quite easy.

@JayAction.9056 said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:lol you know this would never happen...and dont pretend that a top title means you are "good" at the game, "not really any competition unless you are fighting 1v2+", yeah right, maybe dont play a top roamer build against PvE players using support builds just trying to get back at the commander and you will find a little more challenge.

But as seen by the decent players on classes like holosmith/ mirage / chrono / thief / spellbreaker / Druid / soulbeast / Weaver / daredevil / DH / core guard / firebrand / scourge even 1v3s can be quite easy.

alot of people that get 1 v 3 in wvw are just pve'ers there for the dailies

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

alot of people that get 1 v 3 in wvw are just pve'ers there for the dailies

yeah lol I myself allready 1v3 a mirage, daredevil and soulbeast with standart support FB...does that mean i am a God at the game or the other 3 people had no clue on what they were doing and just copy paste the build from Metabattle and have zero experience with it? Nah that cant be it, its probably cause I am so good at this lol.

@JayAction.9056 said:Title.

Reasoning/Rules;

1. Most top 250 players do not play WvW much because there is not really any competition unless you are fighting 1v2+. Will make top 250 players seem that much more “legendary” allowing them to swiftly move across maps, almost giving them a map boss type effect in WvW.
  2. Further incentivizes people to get into rank pvp and take it seriously.
  3. Current rank rewards are stale and every season they lose significance as they become more distributed. At this point I doubt many people even care. It’s like the legendary wings from season 2.
  4. For the players most interested in the combat system this will allow them to actually play WvW for what they enjoy. No more running around endlessly to find fights worth engaging.
  5. Limit mount types/special abilities.
  6. Allow for top 250 from all seasons following POF release or for new seasons.
  7. Remember to thumbs up.
  8. ????
  9. Profit

People with high ranking sPvP titles are pretty much free bags in WvW.

• 2 months later...

It never made any sense at all in the first place...

Many WvWers don't care about SPvP and vice versa, so dishing out rewards in another game mode than the one they were earned is already a bad concept.And also mounts in WvW would be terrible, it's just another way to avoid fights, which is certainly a kind of behaviour WvW does NOT lack. The gliders were already a bad idea, mounts would be terrible. The Raptor dismount skill also influences organized zerg fights in quite unpleasant ways, as seen in one of the GvG tournaments that was done in guildhall (mounts were obviously banned there but one guild did it for fun when it had already lost).

@Falan.1839 said:Many WvWers don't care about SPvP and vice versa, so dishing out rewards in another game mode than the one they were earned is already a bad concept.And also mounts in WvW would be terrible, it's just another way to avoid fights, which is certainly a kind of behaviour WvW does NOT lack. The gliders were already a bad idea, mounts would be terrible. The Raptor dismount skill also influences organized zerg fights in quite unpleasant ways, as seen in one of the GvG tournaments that was done in guildhall (mounts were obviously banned there but one guild did it for fun when it had already lost).

I’d argue that “WvWers” are mostly people new to the game or just never could achieve much in PvP. People don’t avoid PvP because it’s not fun. They avoid PvP because they are not good.

My proposal is giving mount access to top 250. Those are people that actually know how to play the game. There will be minimal running from fights from them.

The idea is to have them as “Map Bosses” and essentially seeing somebody top 250 on the map will force an engage since well ... mount speed

Love a WvW thread in the PvP section.

That being said, no...just no. It doesnt make sense to have a reward for a rank level that can be manipulated from one game mode, grant a MAJOR benefit in others, especially when people who work their butts off in those game modes should deserve said reward more.

If you get that, I want that if I reach a certain rank in WvW, I get a 100% damage boost and HP boost in PvP and PvE :p

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Love a WvW thread in the PvP section.

That being said, no...just no. It doesnt make sense to have a reward for a rank level that can be manipulated from one game mode, grant a MAJOR benefit in others, especially when people who work their butts off in those game modes should deserve said reward more.

If you get that, I want that if I reach a certain rank in WvW, I get a 100% damage boost and HP boost in PvP and PvE :p

WvW and PvP are both game modes centered around player vs player combat.

WvW is less competitive due to the nature of the game and the crowd it attracts this late in this games cycle (Soon to be going on year 7).

It makes sense for PvP achievements to carry into WvW. WvW is like a PvP side game.

Edit: There is no skill equivalent in WvW to PvP top 250. PvP is end game.

@JayAction.9056 said:

@Falan.1839 said:Many WvWers don't care about SPvP and vice versa, so dishing out rewards in another game mode than the one they were earned is already a bad concept.And also mounts in WvW would be terrible, it's just another way to avoid fights, which is certainly a kind of behaviour WvW does NOT lack. The gliders were already a bad idea, mounts would be terrible. The Raptor dismount skill also influences organized zerg fights in quite unpleasant ways, as seen in one of the GvG tournaments that was done in guildhall (mounts were obviously banned there but one guild did it for fun when it had already lost).

I’d argue that “WvWers” are mostly people new to the game or just never could achieve much in PvP.
People don’t avoid PvP because it’s not fun. They avoid PvP because they are not good.

My proposal is giving mount access to top 250. Those are people that actually know how to play the game. There will be minimal running from fights from them.

The idea is to have them as “Map Bosses” and essentially seeing somebody top 250 on the map will force an engage since well ... mount speed

I dunno about this. Used to main PvP. Reached max rank quick, reached high platinum more than once. Played a few seasons.

I left for WvW due to the increasing toxicity and it became less fun.

Cute way of justifying getting something that gives you a massive step up in WvW tho. A person can dream tho I guess.

@JayAction.9056 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Love a WvW thread in the PvP section.

Edit: There is no skill equivalent in WvW to PvP top 250. PvP is end game.

I beg to differ, however instead of arguing about this, we will just need to agree to disagree up front.

I mean that’s not really an opinionated statement lol.

There is no measure nor efficient match making nor in game system to argue that. The PvP system pretty cut and dry gives the best idea to who is best with good measure.

Anybody playing high plat is better than most of the population by a good amount and it shows in WvW.

@JayAction.9056 said:

I’d argue that “WvWers” are mostly people new to the game or just never could achieve much in PvP.
People don’t avoid PvP because it’s not fun. They avoid PvP because they are not good.

Sorry but I'd have to disagree on this one. PvP is extremely boring, that's why I avoid it. There is nothing exciting about it. There's a multitude of things to do in WvW that keep things interesting and make things fun. Hell, you can't even use your armor in PvP.

If you play GW2 for reasons other than the combat system that’s fine.

I’m making a case that for the players that seemingly care about it the most to be able to have that opportunity outside PvP and mounts are necessary for that to happen. There are other benefits too. Which are all listed in my OP

Lol, it would be really annoying to have everyone running around on mounts in wvw, especially since mounts aren't affected by CC or impairing conditions.

Considering it takes little to no skill to make it to top 250, that's what would happen, too. Maybe not all in one season, but nobody from wvw will want to come back once they get the mount, so anyone who didn't get it during the first (13th) season will get it in the next season.

(Although it is funny to think about, since the wvw forums are always seething with rage anyways. ?)

no thats terrible id love to see mounts enter WVW ( 1 dmg Excluding fall dmg would have to knock you off tho) but not as gemic to people in spvp...... if were gonna do that we should let players with over 200 raid clears glide in spvp.....yea doesn't make much sense does it

Archived