are warriors having way too much?

jihm.2315

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Fighting warriors and spellbreakers is fun because you can see clearly all their animations to dodge. You have to be patient and of course don't waste all your CCs when they have passive stab pulses, or waste your main damage skills when they have endure pain; if you do that's your fault.I find more frustating to play against those cheesy mesmers and lately even rangers, druid or soulbeast which are basically a warrior oat 1500 range plus access to stealth and bugged pets AI which track you down even after 2 seconds you are in stealth or else... Not to mention the stupid damage and sustain they have, way more easy and stupid than warriors, on warriors just deny their bursts skills and they don't regen much.

"druid or soulbeast which are basically a warrior oat 1500 range"

No.

Core warrior have mongolian damage/cleave that you better not even stay anywhere near or you get deleted. SB with the counter spam and sustain is insane.

The best part is that the expansion is released for soon to be 1 year, and the Counter animation bug is still present. I don't know what is this dev doing other than creating new items for the gem store.

@Xenash.1245 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Fighting warriors and spellbreakers is fun because you can see clearly all their animations to dodge. You have to be patient and of course don't waste all your CCs when they have passive stab pulses, or waste your main damage skills when they have endure pain; if you do that's your fault.I find more frustating to play against those cheesy mesmers and lately even rangers, druid or soulbeast which are basically a warrior oat 1500 range plus access to stealth and bugged pets AI which track you down even after 2 seconds you are in stealth or else... Not to mention the stupid damage and sustain they have, way more easy and stupid than warriors, on warriors just deny their bursts skills and they don't regen much.

No.

They are.

@jihm.2315 said:6k damage from Arcing Slice pretty balanced i guess

because 6k dmg on a melee abillity is alot now...lolyou ever heard about power creep and that there are classes that hit way harder and that on range?just the otfer day i hit 11k meteors kek (i know that build is not for duelling, but still thats a ranged skill with almost doubled dmg)

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:The problem is they aren't really countered by anything, not even loads of condition, as they just run in and run out.

Probably was Anet needs to do (and they should do it quick), is just remove the warriors ability to remove conditions whether it's by them or their party members. Let the conditions run their course on them. Heal through them.. fine, but take away all their ability to remove conditions (nor any immunity to them).

another unskilled condi player being mad about someone standing longer than 10seconds against their kitten condi build, just kite while berserker stance is up and dont unload all your stuff into it...same goes with endure pain, ppl cry about it because they unload their complete burst into it and not have the patience to wait 4seconds before doing sowarri condi removal isnt even that good, you have 1 on every weapon swap and then ...cleansing ire in sb clearing 1 condi on burst hit, dont get hit by it and you deny him his cleanse AND his "insane" regen which mainly comes from adrenal health (for those who still dont know yet)

ppl just wanting to bash their face into the keyboard without being patient is the whole problem here

@RedShark.9548 said:

@jihm.2315 said:6k damage from Arcing Slice pretty balanced i guess

because 6k dmg on a melee abillity is alot now...lolyou ever heard about power creep and that there are classes that hit way harder and that on range?just the otfer day i hit 11k meteors kek (i know that build is not for duelling, but still thats a ranged skill with almost doubled dmg)

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:The problem is they aren't really countered by anything, not even loads of condition, as they just run in and run out.

Probably was Anet needs to do (and they should do it quick), is just remove the warriors ability to remove conditions whether it's by them or their party members. Let the conditions run their course on them. Heal through them.. fine, but take away all their ability to remove conditions (nor any immunity to them).

another unskilled condi player being mad about someone standing longer than 10seconds against their kitten condi build, just kite while berserker stance is up and dont unload all your stuff into it...same goes with endure pain, ppl cry about it because they unload their complete burst into it and not have the patience to wait 4seconds before doing sowarri condi removal isnt even that good, you have 1 on every weapon swap and then ...cleansing ire in sb clearing 1 condi on burst hit, dont get hit by it and you deny him his cleanse AND his "insane" regen which mainly comes from adrenal health (for those who still dont know yet)

ppl just wanting to bash their face into the keyboard without being patient is the whole problem here

This.

It's easy to kite a warrior, dodge their CCs, don't attack into full counter, kite or dodge the burst skills so they won't have perma 3ah stacks and of course be patient on the seconds they have stab pulse and endure pain and don't waste important skills into those. Just learn to watch the enemy boon bar is essential to become a better player.

I repeat that i find way more frustating fighting against any type of mirage and druids or soulbeasts.

A good druid is unkillable in a 2vs1 scenario, perma protection, stealth abuse, pet AI and skills abuse, regen 10 times better than warrior especially in celestial avatar. If they run bow their damage is so damn high on top of that. Soulbeast with unblockables are another example of cheesy builds. Obviously I am mainly talking about wvw since i am mostly a wvw player.In an open field with zero obstacle rangers have a crazy advantage over you. Not to mention they are pretty invulnerable to condis as well, so many cleanses option and range against condis is easy mode.As I already said basically they are a warrior but with 1500 range option, stealth, regen way better than a warrior, a pet which annoy you when the ranger can drink a coffee and do nothing, perma protection, condis are not a big deal, unblockables, very good kiting abilities due to easy stealth and regen way better than warrior, and decent to crazy good damage especially with bow.Oh... and least but not last, the most stupidly overpower soft cc in the game, immobilize, they can almost keep you perma immobilized and binding roots, entangle, it's one of the most annoying stupid skills ever created.Try fight as a perma immob ranger and then you know what easy mode is.

Something that always strikes me is how often people complain that they lost to someone who is then called overpowered when they themselves made sure to play to their enemy's strenghts more than anything.Don't waste skills on warriors with their defenses up, don't chase someone you can't catch, don't jump into scourge shades to complain that they have too much condi bomb, etc. And yes, do not give the spellbreaker ample opportunities to proc his passives by pulling him into a camp. An experienced player would know to fight them off the camp and how to avoid procing FC / getting hit by bursts. They also wouldn't bother to fight a spellbreaker as a celestial tempest.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Fighting warriors and spellbreakers is fun because you can see clearly all their animations to dodge. You have to be patient and of course don't waste all your CCs when they have passive stab pulses, or waste your main damage skills when they have endure pain; if you do that's your fault.I find more frustating to play against those cheesy mesmers and lately even rangers, druid or soulbeast which are basically a warrior oat 1500 range plus access to stealth and bugged pets AI which track you down even after 2 seconds you are in stealth or else... Not to mention the stupid damage and sustain they have, way more easy and stupid than warriors, on warriors just deny their bursts skills and they don't regen much.

No.

They are.

Ranger LB can reach 3k+ range :) and with unblockable uptime like warriors.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Fighting warriors and spellbreakers is fun because you can see clearly all their animations to dodge. You have to be patient and of course don't waste all your CCs when they have passive stab pulses, or waste your main damage skills when they have endure pain; if you do that's your fault.I find more frustating to play against those cheesy mesmers and lately even rangers, druid or soulbeast which are basically a warrior oat 1500 range plus access to stealth and bugged pets AI which track you down even after 2 seconds you are in stealth or else... Not to mention the stupid damage and sustain they have, way more easy and stupid than warriors, on warriors just deny their bursts skills and they don't regen much.

No.

They are.

What do you mean?

@whoknocks.4935 said:

No.

They are.

What do you mean?

ranger longbow is not limited to the range in the skill description like deadeyes rifle, so depending on terrain you may reach some crazy distance for your arrows. so as above said the ranger is not a warrior on 1500 range, the ranger maybe is a warrior on 3k range - who knows ? :3

@MUDse.7623 said:

No.

They are.

What do you mean?

ranger longbow is not limited to the range in the skill description like deadeyes rifle, so depending on terrain you may reach some crazy distance for your arrows. so as above said the ranger is not a warrior on 1500 range, the ranger maybe is a warrior on 3k range - who knows ? :3

Ah yeah, that's why sometimes the hits feels so damn bugged and over range like 1800+.They only good way to have an advantage over rangers are fighting them in small closed spaced full of obstacles to use you your advantage and to kite the bow.But you usually find them in pretty large open spaces and that's tough. Even if at duel spot there are only 2 pillars to cover yourself and if you go behind them they call you coward runner xD so weird... but yeah.

I think they are ok atm. If you nerf them too much they will lose that forward type play and if they lose that they lose their place in wvw.

Also keep in mind that warrior has a lot of easy to read telegraphs. If you learn them (an easy task) it becomes a weakness for them.

As for their tankiness, burst them when they don't have endure pain up and kite when they do. Bait out that shield block..

@Justine.6351 said:I think they are ok atm. If you nerf them too much they will lose that forward type play and if they lose that they lose their place in wvw.

Also keep in mind that warrior has a lot of easy to read telegraphs. If you learn them (an easy task) it becomes a weakness for them.

As for their tankiness, burst them when they don't have endure pain up and kite when they do. Bait out that shield block..yeah they are 45% of the roamers and the other 45% mesmers they must be fine

I think warriors are mostly fine in wvw, although the Endure Pain/Defy Pain (trait) changes that were made to warrior in pvp should absolutely be applied in wvw as well. One can perhaps argue that frontline warriors need their 4-6 seconds of invuln since they're in the action so much but the traited version should definitely be nerfed.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

No.

They are.

What do you mean?

Ah yeah, that's why sometimes the hits feels so kitten bugged and over range like 1800+.They only good way to have an advantage over rangers are fighting them in small closed spaced full of obstacles to use you your advantage and to kite the bow.But you usually find them in pretty large open spaces and that's tough. Even if at duel spot there are only 2 pillars to cover yourself and if you go behind them they call you coward runner xD so weird... but yeah.

No.

They are.

What do you mean?

Ah yeah, that's why sometimes the hits feels so kitten bugged and over range like 1800+.They only good way to have an advantage over rangers are fighting them in small closed spaced full of obstacles to use you your advantage and to kite the bow.But you usually find them in pretty large open spaces and that's tough. Even if at duel spot there are only 2 pillars to cover yourself and if you go behind them they call you coward runner xD so weird... but yeah.

Can u spot the dot? i ment the ranger shooting :) .njsPqJt.jpg

The sad part on that pic is that gw2 client is very faulty when loading animations, so i was only getting the hit animation from invisible arrows....

@Aeolus.3615 said:

No.

They are.

What do you mean?

No.

They are.

What do you mean?

Can u spot the dot? i ment the ranger shooting :) .
njsPqJt.jpg

The sad part on that pic is that gw2 client is very faulty when loading animations, so i was only getting the hit animation from invisible arrows....

Yeah that feels so bad. I dunno how much that range was. From 1200 range to 1500 it's only 300 range difference, but against any 1200 range profession i have zero problems kiting them off range, against ranger feels impossible. I see this especially when i play warrior in wvw. Gs5 + gs3 + dagger2 + dagger burst covers above 2000 range pretty fast and a ranger chasing me not switching weapon set because in combat, but camping longbow is still able to reach me without using gap closer skills which longbow doesn't have.Im not trying to defende warrior and its consideres the easiest class to play, but ranger is way easier in my opinion in wvw at least for solo roaming and duels mainly because of open spaces. I know to beat a ranger you have be 99% of the times at melee esnge with them, but sometimes you have to escape from those gankers who attack you 5vs1 and that range feels bad.

Archived