So, next elite?

Regon Phoenix.8215

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking about some Vampire-like elite for necro with an off-hand axe/sword or a pistol where Health and life force become a single bar and F1 abilities cost health instead of LF.The "Vampire" uses melee single target power/condi attacks with a good amount of lifesteal for sustain and Mobility increases for each % of HP you lose.

You know, I was really set on necro being all about vampire sword sword before this poll.

But now I’m thinking that a demonic transformation based elite could be pretty awesome. Arenanet hasn’t really done any transformation specs for some reason, even for soul beast. Reaper shroud is about the closest we get. Dark ranger is somewhat appealing as well but the utiltiies for core would really just support a condi spec.

If they made a demonic themed transform spec that was truly power oriented that would be pretty awesome.

Outside of the vampiric and such I could see them doing more of a lich themed spec with actual skeletal summoning and have it be power based.

But both the demonic and vampiric could be really fun with Wells. And if they somehow adjust conditions to be transformed into lifesteal at the sacrifice of actual condition damage it could work for either theme.

Damn, I really want a Deimos/Samarog style transform spec for necro now! If we got Cantha next expansion I could just imagine roaming around Echovald in my fancy new Gargoyle themed spec.

Also, having a necro spec like either of these that plays like a Demon Hunter would pretty much make it my main for like... ever. Lol

Yep. It’s official, just make a demon hunter themed spec for necro and call it a day Arenanet. You’ve just sold an expansion. :-p

It can encorporate the vampiric playstyle, demonic, power based, and fulfill the fantasy of every edgelord necro player in the game. Would also work well with wells, grasp, that spectral teleport skill nobody ever uses, the protection utility, projectile hate poison cloud, and would pretty much even everything reaper tried to be but didn’t quite achieve.

This is just how it has to be. Start redesigning if it doesn’t fit what you’re already doing!

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Yep. It’s official, just make a demon hunter themed spec for necro and call it a day Arenanet. You’ve just sold an expansion. :-p

It can encorporate the vampiric playstyle, demonic, power based, and fulfill the fantasy of every edgelord necro player in the game. Would also work well with wells, grasp, that spectral teleport skill nobody ever uses, the protection utility, projectile hate poison cloud, and would pretty much even everything reaper tried to be but didn’t quite achieve.

This is just how it has to be. Start redesigning if it doesn’t fit what you’re already doing!

Don't we already have this design in Renegade? It's a neat elite spec but I really really would personally prefer to play as a caster not a ranger or a warrior. If I wanted to play a martial class I have options and rev isn't a bad one.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:You know, I was really set on necro being all about vampire sword sword before this poll.

But now I’m thinking that a demonic transformation based elite could be pretty awesome. Arenanet hasn’t really done any transformation specs for some reason, even for soul beast. Reaper shroud is about the closest we get. Dark ranger is somewhat appealing as well but the utiltiies for core would really just support a condi spec.

If they made a demonic themed transform spec that was truly power oriented that would be pretty awesome.

Outside of the vampiric and such I could see them doing more of a lich themed spec with actual skeletal summoning and have it be power based.

But both the demonic and vampiric could be really fun with Wells. And if they somehow adjust conditions to be transformed into lifesteal at the sacrifice of actual condition damage it could work for either theme.

kitten, I really want a Deimos/Samarog style transform spec for necro now! If we got Cantha next expansion I could just imagine roaming around Echovald in my fancy new Gargoyle themed spec.

Also, having a necro spec like either of these that plays like a Demon Hunter would pretty much make it my main for like... ever. Lol

Yeah, that's why i included it in the list. Transformation based necromancer could be awesome, but there are few problems:1) Will we be able to use core utilities while transformed2) How any other transformation with interact with shroud (if shroud gets replaced with other kind of transformation then it wouldn't feel new or exciting)3) What reason would necromancer have to transform into demon/undead monsterAnd so on.I often make fan-made suggestions for elites, but making transformations based one is the hardest.

I want a balls-to-the-wall aggressive spec, where the right answer to being in a tough spot is to go in harder. Think old Aatrox (and to some extent, new Aatrox), Illaoi, Warwick, and Kled from League of Legends. Not the most mobile of characters, and vulnerable to poke damage, but once they start fighting, they're incredibly difficult to bring down.

Necro does not have a serious boon build, which excludes a lot of stat types. I can imagine this being seen as an opportunity by the developers.

Along this line, there are several ways to gain boons:

• generate them
  • steal or trade conditions for them
  • flip conditions into boons
  • duplicate boons from targets

At this point I'm not even excaited anymore. You still need to use 2 base necro trait lines, that still ofter to little to make this new elite anything usefull. Probabaly one skill will be ovetuned and anet will nerf it in 2 weeks. Necro will continue to go solo for next 2-3 years with his new elite spec :/They can't give mobility, active defences, synergy with other professions in a single trait line.

Some people get too focused on their own vision of how a Necromancer should look and act. I believe Arenanet will develop the new "look" after developing a new function.

Reaper adds power-cleave, shouts, and more chill but trims shroud.

Scourge adds more boon corruption, barriers, and burning but almost completely removes shroud.

What does Necromancer not have and what will it cost to get?

Figure out what new functions the dev's will add before speculating on themes and remember Arenanet could just as easily base the next elite on the xpac area like they did with Scourge and the sand theme.

I'm going with Hexer/Curser purely because it appeals to me as a Gw1 player.

The Gw2 condition system doesn't quite live upto the same curse/hex mechanics in Gw1 and that's something that's been a bit of a personal peeve for a while.Granted a lot of the mechanics that made these mechanics fun in Gw1 don't exist in Gw2.. such as life degen/regen skills, elemental damage, cracked armor and debuff AoE effects etc

A good build in Gw1 was the Ranger Necromancer which enjoyed combining Skills like Mark of Pain and Bow skills to cause tons of AoE damage.Mark of Pain for those who don't know was a Necromancer Hex spell that caused all enemy's near the hexed enemy to take AoE damage every time the hexed enemy took physical damage.In group content against a boss monster with lots of mobs around him a Necro could hex the boss and a Warrior player could pop Hundred Blades which deals AoE damage every time he attacks.. the Warrior could then focus on the hexed boss dealing massive AoE damage around him from Hundred Blades and Mark of Pain.

Hexes were a very cool part of the Necromancer class in Gw1.. and I'd really love to see them make a return in Gw2.. specially mechanics like Mark of Pain.Stacking is a big part of Gw2 group content.. a mechanic like Mark of Pain would be superb to have in Gw2 because of that.. even if it was heavily restricted to a trait instead of a skill.

Other abilities of Hexes were things like disabling an enemy's ability to block, breaking their armor so they take more damage, making enemies take damage from using specific skill types like shouts, buffing an enemies attack speed but reducing their accuracy and causing damage to them every time they missed an attack.

Archived