Are short people unimportant?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Someone dared say that asura can't win fashion wars? HOW DARE YOU?!BunE012.jpg

Well, I'm sorry but the tyrian fashion police has some very clear guidelines on the subject. Human-Female, medium cultural T3, scarf, glasses, chaosgloves, ad infinitum or bust.

There are actually two possible advantages to playing Asura over larger races:1) you MIGHT be more likely to be disregarded in a pvp/wvw situation where a larger, flashily outfitted type draws more eyes.2) I find it much easier to see what I'm doing on a JP or in a tight space as Asura, where the graphic of my avatar isn't occupying the entire space and making it difficult.

@Zedek.8932 said:

And still we are secretly ruling the place. Without us, the Asura, you would still be stuck in medieval times. . . Whatever that could mean, Tyria does not have that time period after all.

Excelsior.

Who made the first engineers, guns, gunpowder, printing press, submarines, and tanks? THE CHARR! Don't get me wrong, asuran magic-tech is indeed impressive, but the charr have the best overall technology. Case in point: remember what happened to the waypoints in living story season 2? Mordremoth ate them. And who made those? The asura. Has any of the dragons tried to eat charr tech? Nope!

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:Sometimes I don't look as big as everyone else. I wonder if think I am contributing to the team that because I am so short and even shorter compared to Norm or Charr maybe I'm not as important equally as everyone else

...you are trolling, right? :tongue: Your race - whether you're a charr, an asura, a human, norn, or sylvari - has NOTHING to do with what you can do to contribute to the team. At all. Whatsoever. Game mechanics treat everyone equally, from the tallest and broadest norn, to the shortest and scrawniest asura. Play what you want to play.

I remember once in wvw I saw somebody using the ugliest asura I've ever seen. The asura was male with a face similar to plunt's and he was dressed like a princess, all white and pink and with white bunny ears if IIRC, he creeped the hell out of me but I thouth the player who made this asura was a genius xd even now, though it was the ugliest toon I've seen in gw2 at the moment, it was also one of the greatest as it is the only one that made me laugh (in a good way).

So, my point is, don't worry about it, create whatever you want. Not always the good looking toons get the attention.

I keep getting the feeling in PVP because I am smaller they think I am not as strong or helping out as much. I sometimes wonder myself if I am important while doing quests everyone is so much bigger than me. It's hard to see the details on my outfit up close because I am so small, but you can see details in other outfits without having to be up close.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:I keep getting the feeling in PVP because I am smaller they think I am not as strong or helping out as much. I sometimes wonder myself if I am important while doing quests everyone is so much bigger than me. It's hard to see the details on my outfit up close because I am so small, but you can see details in other outfits without having to be up close.

I think your observation is correct. In your place, I would probably delete this character.

@Algreg.3629 said:

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:I keep getting the feeling in PVP because I am smaller they think I am not as strong or helping out as much. I sometimes wonder myself if I am important while doing quests everyone is so much bigger than me. It's hard to see the details on my outfit up close because I am so small, but you can see details in other outfits without having to be up close.

I think your observation is correct. In your place, I would probably delete this character.

:astonished:

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Someone dared say that asura can't win fashion wars? HOW DARE YOU?!BunE012.jpg

Well done - VERY well done!Looks almost like a Danika Zu Helzer/Wednesday Addams + Mickey ears crossbred gnome :+1:Too bad we probably won't meet the great-great-great-great grandchildren of Danika.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:ratsura, as they are called by everyone but asuras, are only still existing, because the other species tolerate them. The day their annoying behaviour becomes too much to bear, they will be wiped off the face of Tyria. Of course there will be some survivors. Asura kept in farms to create those delicious offspring.Of course there will be some survivors - the Asura.

The Asura player character already invaded and took control over Tyria in an alternate dimension. The other races didnt stand a chance. Even Scarlet stole the tech the player used to wage her own war in the prime dimension.

So yeah. Good luck with that.

Scarlet, then still Ceara, was able to best all the asuran colleges. So obviously a single sylvari outthinking all the asuran best does not bode well for the pseudo-skritt.

Even their oh-so-mighty golems can be easily deafeted by a single sylvari doing nothing but asking questions - about turtles and mothers. So.. no chance. Asura will soon be relegated to their natural role: being food.

She attended and graduated from all 3 asuran colleges, but I don't remember any mention of her being better at it than the asura. It was considered exceptional, but that was because they didn't think a sylvari could do it, or that anyone would want to study with all 3 colleges.

Not to mention the colleges are the Asuran Equivalent of High school. The real work begins with Krewe internships, and eventually getting funding for your own research project.

nah, the colleges are more than the broken american highschools.

Not to mention that joining a krewe is completely optional.

Scarlet was a genius that bested asura left and right.

Which tells you everything you need to know about asura.

They think of themselves very highly. But apart from shiny gadgets and the gate network - that is pre surface technology - they haven't been THAT successful lately. Give me a charr engineer over an asura genius any time. The charr will deliver. The genius will babble a lot and finally blow himself up in a humorous lab accident.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:ratsura, as they are called by everyone but asuras, are only still existing, because the other species tolerate them. The day their annoying behaviour becomes too much to bear, they will be wiped off the face of Tyria. Of course there will be some survivors. Asura kept in farms to create those delicious offspring.Of course there will be some survivors - the Asura.

The Asura player character already invaded and took control over Tyria in an alternate dimension. The other races didnt stand a chance. Even Scarlet stole the tech the player used to wage her own war in the prime dimension.

So yeah. Good luck with that.

Scarlet, then still Ceara, was able to best all the asuran colleges. So obviously a single sylvari outthinking all the asuran best does not bode well for the pseudo-skritt.

Even their oh-so-mighty golems can be easily deafeted by a single sylvari doing nothing but asking questions - about turtles and mothers. So.. no chance. Asura will soon be relegated to their natural role: being food.

She attended and graduated from all 3 asuran colleges, but I don't remember any mention of her being better at it than the asura. It was considered exceptional, but that was because they didn't think a sylvari could do it, or that anyone would want to study with all 3 colleges.

Not to mention the colleges are the Asuran Equivalent of High school. The real work begins with Krewe internships, and eventually getting funding for your own research project.

so we're better than everyone else?

Archived