96% world map complete

codfather.6958

Please folks this is driving me nuts, have 96% of world map complete, but can't find this 4% don't ask have I got this 1 heart here or there, yes I have everything I can get, its like a whole area I cant find, have 303 of 303 hearts, 189 of 189 hero points, 216 of 216 vistas, but way points on ly 463 of 486 and POI 614 of 653. have tried everywhere I can think of, is there a story line I need to do or something like that, if so a point in the right direction would help. thxs for taking the time to read this and even better if I can get to the bottom of this CHEERS

@Biff.5312 said:For the longest time, I didn't even notice that Southsun Cove existed. You don't get there by moving from an adjacent map. You can port there from LA. I'm guessing this is what you're missing, as I had the same issue.

Southsun doesn't count for world completion. Neither does any of the other maps that was added after release.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:If you check under the Explorer achievements, I think you should be able to see which maps still have undiscovered bits to them.

That is useful if it is your first and only character otherwise the missing spot could be an area you've been to on a different character and checked off for the explorer achievement.

Although if you have all the hero points and vistas, you will have been to all of the necessary zones, so those missing waypoints and points of interest really are going to be down to "did you get this one" and "did you get that one." Chantry of Secrets is one PoI a lot of folks miss, and it at least used to have a bug where you'd have it, but it hadn't registered, so you had to visit there again.

Claw Island is part of the personal story, and it has some points of interest, but while that's necessary for the Krytan Explorer achievement, it doesn't count toward map completion.

Like @Ayrilana.1396 mentions, you can hover over each zone name on your map, and it will pop up what your completion is for that zone. Then, if you go to that zone and open your map, you can hover over the items you're missing in the map key, and the ones you're missing will flash on the map, if it's unfogged. If you still have territory fogged, you'll probably need to run around the edge of the zone to open weird caves and things.

First thing is as people have suggested, you need to hover over the maps to see which maps you're missing pois from. Once you've done that go to settings and change content guide to hide events and personal story, then it'll point you to any missing undiscovered areas, pois etc. (if there are any in that map, if there aren't it'll point to a blue swirl saying go to next map to discover stuff).

hi everyone who has posted on my quest to get 100% world map done, WELL WHAT A TIT I am, the whole of Black Citadel and half of Hoelbrack missed, I have been racking my brains for weeks over this, but if I didn't post this I would not have been given the memory jolt I needed to check the cities, my mistake was I just ticked of the zones on a list and completely missed Black Citadel, even that took a bit of completing lol.Anyway thanks for all suggestions guys and now proud of my little star :) so if you see a warrior whiskymck going about let me know you saw my post

once again thanks all ILL SLEEP THE NIGHT LOL

@Randulf.7614 said:Could be a city needs finishing, but given u have done vistas 100% that seems potentially unlikely. Go to every map, hover over the name and list the ones you haven't got 100% yet. There are some easily missed waypoints for guild missions which are often overlooked in map

There is no need to go to every map. You can the completion status even if you are not in the map.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Could be a city needs finishing, but given u have done vistas 100% that seems potentially unlikely. Go to every map, hover over the name and list the ones you haven't got 100% yet. There are some easily missed waypoints for guild missions which are often overlooked in map

There is no need to go to every map. You can the completion status even if you are not in the map.

That was what I meant, I just wasn't being as clear as I should have been

The only areas in Central Tyria that are not required to complete in order to get Central Tyria completion:

• Southsun Cove.
  • Claw Island.
  • The Silverwastes.
  • Dry Top.

From the looks of it, not all of your racial cities are filled in. Complete those and you're good to go. If you haven't visited Chantry of Secrets (entered via Bloodtide Coast, Dead End PoI), do so. That is required.

Archived