MESMER-ELUSIVE MIND NERF- Are you Happy now?

Vieux P.1238

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@shadowpass.4236 said:Just dodge the cc before it hits you and you don't incur exhaustion.

Sigh..another-one who does'nt know how mirage exhaustion & dodge & how it all works to the EM trait. How not surprising..hurgh.. :expressionless:FYI: cuz you dint take the time to play a mirage build or at least find out how it works. When you dodge traited on EM, you automatically get hit with 6 seconds of Exhaustion. Just so you'd know.

@"incisorr.9502" said:it just feels like people don't even understand mesmer?

what "spam buttons for conditions"? lol what? You can't spam buttons for conditions and get kills, not on higher elo. You need to combo properly even with condi mirage and its much harder than power one cus you actually need illusions and have lower range and even then its CONDI, they have time to react to cleanse it.

Elusive mind mesmers dont have "spam buttons for condi" and never did, if you thought so then that's your fault for being bad?

The point is that EM already wasn't meta regardless of what metabattle says and they nerfed it again which means their source of information regarding balance is bad. I was just matched in a game with people 250 rating below me and the enemy mesmer had the exact copy build from metabattle which is garbage and he couldnt do anything against me so i can see how against worse enemies the trait was maybe good but thats a case of l2p not of the trait being too strong. 3 sex exhaustion was already bad and super punishable

spam, yes.it is actual spam.Power gs easier? ?? then try it vs guards-good s/d thieves- holos.??

@Zawn.9647 said:not sure if this is a troll post or not - elusive mind is just one of the dozen things that are OP in mesmers...hello 587 condi applications? hello stealthing to run away? hello blink,jaunt,portal? hello 4 other mesmers to get visual confusion on your enemies? hello dodge that doesnt interrupt what you're doing? hello invulnerabilities? i can keep going :)

An eagle can see much further than humans, fly, has feathers to keep warm, has a sharp beak, etc.

Humans have none of those traits. Does that make eagles OP compared to humans?Similar with tardigrades: radiation resistance, heat resistance, cold resistance, drought resistance, etc.

Now, I know biology isn't a game (I was thinking of TierZoo if you ever watched those youtube videos). However, it makes the point.

Having specific traits or a large variation of traits does NOT mean something is OP

I could give a class a variety of traits for 1 sec of stealth, 1 sec of endurance, 1 sec of aegis, 1 1 sec block, 1 1 sec daze, etc. and it will NOT be OP, far from it.What you need to do is prove or demonstrate that it is OP, not that it has a variety of traits.Woopty do! Every class in this game has a large variety of traits.

I'm tired of the B.S. logical fallacy Crap

There is a couple of interesting weeks ahead of us;In my opinion, Mirage was better with IH even before this tweak, now that build is a no-brainer.Metabattle having only EM build as "meta" until now shifted majority of players toward that one. It was probably prevalent build at lover elo thanks to that.Now we shall see how will lower elo population handle the new recomended build (IH). Build that is better in lower elo play by far: you still have your stunbreak on utility, but now after reset mesmer does not need to handle/manage exaustion.

Interesting patch, we'll see how will it affect meta.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@"shadowpass.4236" said:Just dodge the cc before it hits you and you don't incur exhaustion.

Sigh..another-one who does'nt know how mirage exhaustion & dodge & how it all works to the EM trait. How not surprising..hurgh.. :expressionless:FYI: cuz you dint take the time to play a mirage build or at least find out how it works. When you dodge traited on EM, you automatically get hit with 6 seconds of Exhaustion. Just so you'd know.

Alright buddy. How about you learn what your own class does before you go around "correcting" other people.

HE9ibLE.png

Since you're clearly suffering from a severe lack of knowledge (of your own class BTW :D), here is the official GW2 wiki link for Elusive Mind.

I've already pointed out your misconceptions in the past. Unfortunately for you, it's very obvious that you've never even read the tooltip for Elusive Mind, much less tested it in game.

Just so ya know. ;)

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Just dodge the cc before it hits you and you don't incur exhaustion.

Alright buddy. How about you learn what your own class does before you go around "correcting" other people.

HE9ibLE.png

Since you're clearly suffering from a severe lack of knowledge (of your own class BTW :D), here is the official GW2 wiki link for

I've already pointed out your misconceptions in the past. Unfortunately for you, it's very obvious that you've never even read the tooltip for Elusive Mind, much less tested it in game.

Just so ya know. ;)

& here's the Update from yesterday oct 2 - Elusive Mind: The exhaustion duration of this trait is now split between game modes and has a 6-second duration in PvP and WvW.Now whose suffering from lack of knowledge? DRop tha Mic!

@Vieux P.1238 said:

HE9ibLE.png

Since you're clearly suffering from a severe lack of knowledge (of your own class BTW :D), here is the official GW2 wiki link for

Just so ya know. ;)

& here's the Update from yesterday oct 2 - Elusive Mind: The exhaustion duration of this trait is now split between game modes and has a 6-second duration in PvP and WvW.Now whose suffering from lack of knowledge? DRop tha Mic!

It's still you buddy.

They just increased the exhaustion duration (when you break a stun) from 3 seconds to 6. It does not give you exhaustion every time you dodge, nor does it have a cooldown on the stunbreak.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

HE9ibLE.png

Just so ya know. ;)

It's still you buddy.

I'm not the one linking to old un-updated information to make my point. I'm done arguing with you your a waste of my time. You'l say anything to be right even when it's pointed out your wrong. Peace!

@Vieux P.1238 said:

HE9ibLE.png

Just so ya know. ;)

It's still you buddy.

I'm not the one linking to old un-updated information to make my point. I'm done arguing with you your a waste of my time. You'l say anything to be right even when it's pointed out your wrong. Peace!

You were wrong even before this update.

HE9ibLE.png

And you're still wrong now. Not to mention, the wiki page for Elusive Mind has already been updated since the patch. However, judging by your lack of reading comprehension skills, of course you're wrong about that as well. :)

@shadowpass.4236 said:

HE9ibLE.png

Just so ya know. ;)

It's still you buddy.

HE9ibLE.png

And you're still wrong now. Not to mention, the wiki page for
has already been updated since the patch. However, judging by your lack of reading comprehension skills, of course you're wrong about that as well. :)

It literally can't be more clear. :)"Dodging breaks stun and removes conditions. If you break stun in this manner, you will be left exhausted."

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

HE9ibLE.png

Just so ya know. ;)

It's still you buddy.

HE9ibLE.png

And you're still wrong now. Not to mention, the wiki page for
has already been updated since the patch. However, judging by your lack of reading comprehension skills, of course you're wrong about that as well. :)

It literally can't be more clear. :)"Dodging breaks stun and removes conditions. If you break stun in this manner, you will be left exhausted."

Exactly. Vieux P doesn't even know what his own class does lmfao

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Buddy are you high or something? You don't get Exhaustion if you dodge while not disabled and EM is traited, you only get Exhaustion if you're dodging while you're disabled (i.e just get cc'd and still in the duration of being cc'd - stunned, dazed, etc.) Do YOU even understand your own class?

@DaFishBob.6518 said:What about moving exhaustion off of EM and on to Mirage Cloak? Make using Mirage Cloak while stunned add exhaustion without EM and then change EM to just remove exhaustion overall.

Then noone would play mirage. All mesmer players would be forced to run elusive mind if they played mirage. That's like saying Everytime a warrior procs stability they get stunned.

Maybe, maybe not, suppose the exhaustion gets reduced to 1 second instead of the 3 or 6 in place? And if people turn to IH, they'll have to know they're running an additional risk for better peak performance. And note I say while stunned, means Mirages can dodge while dazed again like normal classes can.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I predicted that Mirage would suffer a crippling nerf.. just as Chronomancer did , PU.... condition builds relying on clone death.... Glamour builds. I was right.

I mean it's not killing mirage as a whole. Basically mirage GM now only has 2 traits. Because noone is going to suffer that.

Now if they Nerf infinite horizon or gm3 then mirage will basically be dead in PvP. Without those two traits the damage output is laughable compared to other classes

@"Arioch.4810" said:There is a couple of interesting weeks ahead of us;In my opinion, Mirage was better with IH even before this tweak, now that build is a no-brainer.Metabattle having only EM build as "meta" until now shifted majority of players toward that one. It was probably prevalent build at lover elo thanks to that.Now we shall see how will lower elo population handle the new recomended build (IH). Build that is better in lower elo play by far: you still have your stunbreak on utility, but now after reset mesmer does not need to handle/manage exaustion.

Interesting patch, we'll see how will it affect meta.

Godofpvp.net says to use elusive mind too.

Im curious, quite often, I've seen people say metabattle doesn't list the best builds. Is the opinion that IH > EM posted somewhere? Or is it just general knowledge in the higher ranked community?

What exactly is the optimal condi mirage build right now? Is it whats listed on metabattle minus using IH over EM?

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I predicted that Mirage would suffer a crippling nerf.. just as Chronomancer did , PU.... condition builds relying on clone death.... Glamour builds. I was right.

Every class will receive nerfs in the future. It's not that hard to predict.

On another note, the EM nerf just means that there is a heavy incentive to dodge the cc before it hits you rather than after. Which, of course, is how it should have been at the start.

Either way, dodging while cc'd shouldn't exist and neither should a stunbreak on dodge. I also do not like the exhaustion mechanic. Instead, I would rather just remove the stunbreak on dodge portion of EM, keep the cleanse, and add a 20% cooldown reduction to Deception skills. Dodging while cc'd should be removed as well.

@Curunen.8729 said:On a whim I decided to try out my previous roaming build in wvw this evening with the new Elusive Mind, and very soon discovered how brutal it is. I persisted for enough encounters to get some experience with the change. And it's totally not worth it.

If you happen to press dodge during any stray daze (no not even stun or whatever, just simple daze - eg from traited steal/mark, mantra of distraction, etc), which will happen especially in outnumbered, you can kiss your kitten goodbye - or waste all your skills in a desperate bid to gtfo/pray you can sustain till it ends.

Would be better if Anet just disabled/deleted the trait until they can come up with something new.

This is from a post in the Mesmer forums. Elusive mind is a trait that takes from. If it ONLY procced on stuns and not dazes. It could MAYBE be justified. As it is now. It just as well not exist.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I predicted that Mirage would suffer a crippling nerf.. just as Chronomancer did , PU.... condition builds relying on clone death.... Glamour builds.
I was right.

Every class will receive nerfs in the future. It's not that hard to predict.

On another note, the EM nerf just means that there is a heavy incentive to dodge the cc before it hits you rather than after. Which, of course, is how it should have been at the start.

Either way, dodging while cc'd shouldn't exist and neither should a stunbreak on dodge. I also do not like the exhaustion mechanic. Instead, I would rather just remove the stunbreak on dodge portion of EM, keep the cleanse, and add a 20% cooldown reduction to Deception skills. Dodging while cc'd should be removed as well.

Wait a second dude are you suggesting that he... dodge the attack? I was under the impression that purposefully eating the CC and then stunbreaking with EM was the 2000IQ way to go.

On a serious note though, everyone knows Mirage Cloak mechanic itself is the problem.

Except OP, apparently.

Archived