Hands up if you use action camera

Fipmip.7219

@Fermi.2409 said:

@Malthurius.6870 said:My Razer Naga has the issue where it double or triple clicks sometimes, so being able to turn the camera without having to click is great.

Classic Razer

Personally I don't use the action camera, I think it's incredibly awkward and a substantial step backwards in terms of usability, especially on a class with a lot of ground targeted AoEs

I get around this issue by setting ground target skills to fast cast. Hold the button, use the screen reticule to target where I want it to land, then release. Zoom out far enough and you can essentially target any location within range. Personally I love the mobility I have with being able to run full speed in any direction regardless of which direction the camera is facing.

I've tried it but haven't adjusted well. I find I kept wanting to switch it off to do stuff, like gather a node.Any advice on specific keybinds you guys use for action cam? I have Mouse 3 as my heal button (so handy!) so I don't want to switch that out. I am constantly holding down my right mouse button so I know action cam helps with this and would like to figure out the best way to utilize it.P.S. My main is a mesmer, if that changes anything.Thanks!

Everywhere. PvE, PvP, WvW, so far with good results. There are too many spells for an enjoyable tab-targetting experience for me. I wish it was better made though, when you open the social tab, it doesn't take you out of action camera, and there's no keyboard shortcut to collect event rewards, and this is kind of annoying at times.

I use both and often toggle on and off. Even with max ground target lock option selected sometimes ground targeted aoe skills is sometimes tricky and annoying with action cam on. I do like it for diff purposes though . I also use keybinds ofc, alot of weird keybinds all within quick reach, even though I don't have a gaming mouse but also skill click time to time for extra multitasking and almost simultaneously casting multiple skills. I main Mesmer so there's alot of piano playing to begin with. But yes I do use action cam as much as I can. it helps while navigating or single target combat.

What is this action camera? How do I set it?From all this talk I would like to check it out.

EDIT: Found it and omg this game plays so much better now on a controller! This is epic!Where the hell has this been? Why did no one tell me? You people are evil. You didn't show me the awesomness of the action controller. That's not nice.

I was searching for toggle right click because my hand would start to hurt after 45 min of gameplay due to a constant pressure on right click and then I stumbled upon action camera. I LOVE it but I have one issue with it, when I zoom out to max I sometimes miss some important skills because target gets out of focus and melee assist doesn’t work. If only I could tweak aiming dot to be little bit lower... :/

@Ventris.3208 said:I was searching for toggle right click because my hand would start to hurt after 45 min of gameplay due to a constant pressure on right click and then I stumbled upon action camera. I LOVE it but I have one issue with it, when I zoom out to max I sometimes miss some important skills because target gets out of focus and melee assist doesn’t work. If only I could tweak aiming dot to be little bit lower... :/

But you can. There are some sliders in camera settings (or something like that).

@MrRay.3027 said:

@Ventris.3208 said:I was searching for toggle right click because my hand would start to hurt after 45 min of gameplay due to a constant pressure on right click and then I stumbled upon action camera. I LOVE it but I have one issue with it, when I zoom out to max I sometimes miss some important skills because target gets out of focus and melee assist doesn’t work. If only I could tweak aiming dot to be little bit lower... :/

But you can. There are some sliders in camera settings (or something like that).

I will take better look at settings then...

I tried but I don't prefer action camera so far. Placing AoEs is too awkward. If they worked on that I'm certain that I'd use it most of the time. It makes for a more engaging gameplay in my opinion and in PvE it's pretty fun already, at least if you only have a few AoEs. In the competitive game modes it will always be a big disadvantage though.

I’m missing these settings to make it more enjoyable:1) New option: Toggle off action camera automatically while placing an AoE skill.While placing an AoE circle (fast with range indicator) the game automatically toggles out of action mode to let you place it without awkwardly shaking around your camera.

2) New option: Slider to move up the reticle dot on the screen in action camera mode.So you can play with a bit more of an aerial view.

3) New key bind: Toggle to free camera while in action camera mode.So while holding a designated button you can look around conveniently without affecting the direction you're moving in. This should work with 1). To let you look around with the free camera toggle and freely place AoEs behind you while moving forwards, just like you could in normal camera mode.

@mixxed.5862 said:I tried but I don't prefer action camera so far. Placing AoEs is too awkward. If they worked on that I'm certain that I'd use it most of the time. It makes for a more engaging gameplay in my opinion and in PvE it's pretty fun already, at least if you only have a few AoEs. In the competitive game modes it will always be a big disadvantage though.

I’m missing these settings to make it more enjoyable:1) New option: Toggle off action camera automatically while placing an AoE skill.While placing an AoE circle (fast with range indicator) the game automatically toggles out of action mode to let you place it without awkwardly shaking around your camera.

2) New option: Slider to move up the reticle dot on the screen in action camera mode.So you can play with a bit more of an aerial view.

3) New key bind: Toggle to free camera while in action camera mode.So while holding a designated button you can look around conveniently without affecting the direction you're moving in. This should work with 1). To let you look around with the free camera toggle and freely place AoEs behind you while moving forwards, just like you could in normal camera mode.

This.

I love the action cam, for PvE it's fine. But against other players you have big disadvantages. Especially with Aoe target skills.

Archived