Whenever I catch a match with no Mesmer...

emblack.3754

I weep with joy! Any mesmer build, form or variation - including core mesmer which is hilarious- is fundamentally broken once you get the hang of it. Spvp with mesmers goes like this: mesmer goes in 1 v 1 -> succeeds -> next opponent comes -> another kill -> 5 kills later -> he/she dies eventually in a team fight because every member of the opposing team focuses on him/her in a fit of blind rage -> match won for the mesmer's team due to the insane amount of time he disabled his opponents playing wack a' mole.Gosh is this the meaning of competitive sPVP? Get a mesmer or get out? They balanced a little the holomancer, good for them. But why do they refuse to level the playfield when it comes to their precious golden child? Before you ask I play spellbreaker, which is an ironic name considering mesmers are spell wielders and can kick a garden variety spellbreaker's behind with zero effort, and deadeye, the poor man's ranger.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:make a mesmer and go whack obviously

No, because people have a sence of pride and it will dmg their ego if they start to play God mode mesmer class.

isn't spell breaker in god-tier with godmode on 8 sec cd??

Only when minion minded people spam skills the spell breaker, seen npcs play smarter than some people.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

No, because people have a sence of pride and it will dmg their ego if they start to play God mode mesmer class.

Which is exactly why Mesmer mains had the second lowest representation in the top 250 last season.

Can I ask where you are getting these stats from?

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Which is exactly why Mesmer mains had the second lowest representation in the top 250 last season.

Can I ask where you are getting these stats from?

I looked at the leaderboard and counted.

In my experience teams with 2 mesmers tend to lose more often than win. Also, Mesmer is only highly effective in the hands of really experienced players. A gold 2-3 Mesmer we be absolutely worthless in plantings 1 + game, where if you played warrior as an example, you do well.

I like games with no FBs. FB support is the most broke build, especially when match making does not work well (it rarely does).

@emblack.3754 said:I weep with joy! Any mesmer build, form or variation - including core mesmer which is hilarious- is fundamentally broken once you get the hang of it. Spvp with mesmers goes like this: mesmer goes in 1 v 1 -> succeeds -> next opponent comes -> another kill -> 5 kills later ->

Yes core power Mesmer always was the best 1v1 build ever in PvP, you still have like 3 core power mesmer in every team atm! Disgusting! Also nerf Rev btw! Wondering why all the noobs still play Ranger, core Guard and Holo.

@emblack.3754 said:I weep with joy! Any mesmer build, form or variation - including core mesmer which is hilarious- is fundamentally broken once you get the hang of it. Spvp with mesmers goes like this: mesmer goes in 1 v 1 -> succeeds -> next opponent comes -> another kill -> 5 kills later -> he/she dies eventually in a team fight because every member of the opposing team focuses on him/her in a fit of blind rage -> match won for the mesmer's team due to the insane amount of time he disabled his opponents playing wack a' mole.Gosh is this the meaning of competitive sPVP? Get a mesmer or get out? They balanced a little the holomancer, good for them. But why do they refuse to level the playfield when it comes to their precious golden child? Before you ask I play spellbreaker, which is an ironic name considering mesmers are spell wielders and can kick a garden variety spellbreaker's behind with zero effort, and deadeye, the poor man's ranger.

while I understand the sentiment, power shatter mes is fine, and power chrono is p fine too. I'd even venture to say power mirage is alright (or rather would be very quickly if mirage cloak had a tweak), but I need more data on that because most people are just condibombing atm.

Holosmith is still busted. Anet needs to decide if they want them to be tanky/sustainy or CC machines. They cant be both.

@Luna.6203 said:

@"phs.6089" said:make a mesmer and go whack obviously

Let's just say: Class with purple-pinky glow and butterflies is not for everyone. No matter how powerful it is.

You know, you don't have to play a female, girly character to play mes. It has a purple tone because purple is associated with magic and the phycological.The butterflies also weren't likely chosen to be girly. Much more likely they were chosen due to the butterfly effect and chaos theory. As you may know, mesmers are heavily associated with chaos, even having a chaos trait line.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

@Xstein.2187 said:

@"phs.6089" said:make a mesmer and go whack obviously

Let's just say: Class with purple-pinky glow and butterflies is not for everyone. No matter how powerful it is.

You know, you don't have to play a female, girly character to play mes. It has a purple tone because purple is associated with magic and the phycological.The butterflies also weren't likely chosen to be girly. Much more likely they were chosen due to the butterfly effect and chaos theory. As you may know, mesmers are heavily associated with chaos, even having a chaos trait line.

Nice explanation i thought class is somehow attached to the Hello Kitty character. /sarcasm

Anyway that does not change the fact its not for everyone.. For example if i like bow and pets i will logicaly make ranger not mesmer. Even if i realized that bow ranger sux and i can use bow only in open world and pets gets transformed to ugly green aura. /just example

But sure lets everyone play mesmer in pvp and problem solved.

Yesterday with my team owned a double mesmer duo, my team had zero mesmers, they were trash at using portal (not sure if they were running it) and the game finished 500-50.Are the players which makes a profession working.You can win every single 1vs1 with mesmer, but if you fight off point and rotate like shit you will lose anyway no matter what.

@apharma.3741 said:

ha ha yeah. Walk a mile in the other classes shoes and you might think differently is something I wish others would do.Actually I had that feeling only once when chrono bunkers returned once again ...

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Luna.6203 said:Your problems would only begin when you would play mesmer and meet good players that would farm you 24/7 . I wonder would you think mesmer still op or not?:D

This can not be a problem because:

1. I deleted my mesmer
  2. I do not play 24/7
  3. Actually i do not play at all.. so i think problem solved.. at least for me.. at least until next expansion or some major changes.

And yes i thing it is.. to be honest i'm pretty sure it it. I know what you going to say -> others are n00bs and mirage is just fine. yeah whatever... =)

P.S. i made mesmer for pve because we had issue in guild to find any for raids. But this is pvp section so im not going ot talk about it here.

Archived