Tier 4 Cultural Armor

Blodeuyn.2751

Unfortunately they said years ago that they are almost certainly never going to make new cultural armor and weapons, because it's too much work for something that applies to too few characters. Three armor weights and five races makes for fifteen combinations, assuming an even distribution 100/15 is 6.6, meaning that even under ideal conditions each armor set only applies to 6.6% of characters. That's a lot of work for very little gain.

@Conncept.7638 said:Unfortunately they said years ago that they are almost certainly never going to make new cultural armor and weapons, because it's too much work for something that applies to too few characters. Three armor weights and five races makes for fifteen combinations, assuming an even distribution 100/15 is 6.6, meaning that even under ideal conditions each armor set only applies to 6.6% of characters. That's a lot of work for very little gain.

Well that depends.The legendary armors were a lot of work (for controversial result) but the item itself doesn't define if the work is worth it. It's the method to obtain it in game that matters.If they make a successful T4 and put it behind collections and X amount of stuff to do (like Aurora) it would be a decent boost to the end game content.

If they would actually put some of their BL weapon sets in game with cool end game stuff to do for it instead of continuously cashing on the cool skins, it would keep more players playing. That's a problem with PoF: it doesn't have much of long term goals.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Conncept.7638 said:Unfortunately they said years ago that they are almost certainly never going to make new cultural armor and weapons, because it's too much work for something that applies to too few characters. Three armor weights and five races makes for fifteen combinations, assuming an even distribution 100/15 is 6.6, meaning that even under ideal conditions each armor set only applies to 6.6% of characters. That's a lot of work for very little gain.

Well that depends.The legendary armors were a lot of work (for controversial result) but the item itself doesn't define if the work is worth it. It's the method to obtain it in game that matters.If they make a successful T4 and put it behind collections and X amount of stuff to do (like Aurora) it would be a decent boost to the end game content.

If they would actually put some of their BL weapon sets in game with cool end game stuff to do for it instead of continuously cashing on the cool skins, it would keep more players playing. That's a problem with PoF: it doesn't have much of long term goals.

The collection idea is interesting and could work well if they don't want to straight out release the armors. I know many people who want this!

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

"That's a problem with PoF: it doesn't have much of long term goals."depends on how much you play, i still haven't done everything notworthy in HoT, so to make a statement like this is a bit shortsighted. for example, the griffon mount is a long term goal for probably the majority of players, since the majority of the game is still a casual player who doesn't have 250g to throw away.

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

"That's a problem with PoF: it doesn't have much of long term goals."depends on how much you play, i still haven't done everything notworthy in HoT, so to make a statement like this is a bit shortsighted. for example, the griffon mount is a long term goal for probably the majority of players, since the majority of the game is still a casual player who doesn't have 250g to throw away.

I am with CharterforGw on that one. Personally if I even gonna bother with griffon, I am gonna farm it in HoT maps anyway. As I play casually I like those maps because they are dynamic, while I find PoF maps static and boring. And I still have a lot left to do in HoT anyway.

@Conncept.7638 said:Unfortunately they said years ago that they are almost certainly never going to make new cultural armor and weapons, because it's too much work for something that applies to too few characters.

If cultural armor is off the table, please at least make sylvari-themed, norn-themed etc. sets for general use. As it is, they are happy to keep making skins with human themes, designed to look good on human characters, while everyone else is a distant second consideration at best.

By comparsion, sylvari have a grand total of four options if they actually want to look like sylvari, and some of those skins look like cheap wet plastic and/or don't even have a glow effect. They got absolutely nothing new in "their" expansion while PoF comes with Elonian/Sunspear which is essentially human cultural armor. Granted, plant armor could look "weird" or "wrong" on other races (though I've seen all sorts in the light Nightmare armor and pull it off well) ... but so does human-themed gear on any non-human, really. It just doesn't bother as many people as much because humans are treated as the baseline instead of as just one in five playable species on par with the others.

@Chadramar.8156 said:

@Conncept.7638 said:Unfortunately they said years ago that they are almost certainly never going to make new cultural armor and weapons, because it's too much work for something that applies to too few characters.

If cultural armor is off the table, please at least make sylvari-themed, norn-themed etc. sets for general use. As it is, they are happy to keep making skins with human themes, designed to look good on human characters, while everyone else is a distant second consideration at best.

By comparsion, sylvari have a grand total of four options if they actually want to look like sylvari, and some of those skins look like cheap wet plastic and/or don't even have a glow effect. They got absolutely nothing new in "their" expansion while PoF comes with Elonian/Sunspear which is essentially human cultural armor. Granted, plant armor could look "weird" or "wrong" on other races (though I've seen all sorts in the light Nightmare armor and pull it off well) ... but so does human-themed gear on any non-human, really. It just doesn't bother as many people as much because humans are treated as the baseline instead of as just one in five playable species on par with the others.

I hope for the same, I could not BELIEVE, upon investigating HoT before I purchased, that not a SINGLE Sylvari armor set had been added in spite of the ENTIRE expansion revolving around the Sylvari race AND the main antagonist being the Dragon they were spawned from.

And yet when we get an expansion in an area of middle eastern-esque humans, save for one set, every armor set added is themed around that culture.

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

This wasn't made as a criticism, If anything I'm one of the few who say it's nice to have a relaxed extension. But I stand with what I said, PoF doesn't have long term goals.The gryphon is at best a medium term goal. 250g is not that much. No it's not. Dailies are 2g/day, if you do fractals, you get 10g/day. Even if you don't do them, getting a few ectos only per day will make more than a few golds per day.Knowing that, it will take less than a month for most players who want the gryphon as a priority.

HoT has some long term goals, like weapon legendaries, they're gated behind items that are themselves either timegated or require an insane amount of goal (full stack amalgated gemstones, full stack of mystic coins + 77 mystic clovers).If the gryphon mount is the end game of PoF, it's definitely not anywhere close to that. (Not that it's a bad thing).

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

This wasn't made as a criticism, If anything I'm one of the few who say it's nice to have a relaxed extension. But I stand with what I said, PoF doesn't have long term goals.The gryphon is at best a medium term goal. 250g is not that much. No it's not. Dailies are 2g/day, if you do fractals, you get 10g/day. Even if you don't do them, getting a few ectos only per day will make more than a few golds per day.Knowing that, it will take less than a month for most players who want the gryphon as a priority.

HoT has some long term goals, like weapon legendaries, they're gated behind items that are themselves either timegated or require an insane amount of goal (full stack amalgated gemstones, full stack of mystic coins + 77 mystic clovers).If the gryphon mount is the end game of PoF, it's definitely not anywhere close to that. (Not that it's a bad thing).

I agree that PoF doesn't have long therm goals. But...If you say though that 250g isn't much, than it also depends on context. It's not much for a hardcore gamer or a farmer (if you are just log in for dailies and fractals to get gold, yer still a farmer), or a hardcore farmer, maybe. For a casual gamer that plays the game for fun, not to do repetitive tasks day after day that make this feel like a job, 250g is a mountain to climb. That statement was just your opinion, don't try to sell it as a fact.your dailies 2g/day, that's still 125 days if you do just that.your fractals 10g/day that's still 25 dayseven combined that's almost of a month of repetitive/boring (to some) grind.Also not everyone is going to be even able to do fractals like you imply. Unless you have a static group to learn with, if you try to pug it as a noob you will frequently run into elitists that will kick you out the moment they realize that yes, indeed, you are new to that game mode. It's a tough luck of hit or miss.Don't say something is easy just because you have time and resources to get something fast (like gold), that is not universal. There are options, yes, but they are not viable to all.

Regardless of that point as I said before, I agree with you that PoF has no long term goals. Gold alone is not going to make you play PoF. Fractals and Dailies aren't PoF content. Most of the gold comes outside of that game through actions universal to all content (even node farming). Griffon mount IS a long term goal for many casual players, even if it is not for you though, but that goal can be met anywhere in the world, so that is not a "PoF-exclusive long term goal."

They should take the T3 sets and bling them out, if that takes less work.

Like they did with that one retracted gemstore light armor years ago.

The real issue is that there is barely any armor designed for sylvari, asura, charr or norn compared to the sheer amount of armor designed around the human aesthetic to begin with.

Especially for sylvari and asura, the complete lack of armor in keeping with their aesthetic themes can be annoying. There's barely any plant based armor outside twilight arbor and cultural armor+druid outfit. Asura barely have magitek armor in their racial style available in the game.

Norns have all these shamans with spirit themes armors that are unavailable to the player for some arbitrary reason. Charr look really bad outside plate armor if the leather or cloth armor is not specifically tailored for the charr.

@Vladish.3940 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

I agree that PoF doesn't have long therm goals. But...If you say though that 250g isn't much, than it also depends on context. It's not much for a hardcore gamer or a farmer (if you are just log in for dailies and fractals to get gold, yer still a farmer), or a hardcore farmer, maybe. For a casual gamer that plays the game for fun, not to do repetitive tasks day after day that make this feel like a job, 250g is a mountain to climb. That statement was just your opinion, don't try to sell it as a fact.your dailies 2g/day, that's still 125 days if you do just that.your fractals 10g/day that's still 25 dayseven combined that's almost of a month of repetitive/boring (to some) grind.Also not everyone is going to be even able to do fractals like you imply. Unless you have a static group to learn with, if you try to pug it as a noob you will frequently run into elitists that will kick you out the moment they realize that yes, indeed, you are new to that game mode. It's a tough luck of hit or miss.Don't say something is easy just because you have time and resources to get something fast (like gold), that is not universal. There are options, yes, but they are not viable to all.[...}

Well. I looked at the inventory of my "casual" friend (gw2efficiency) who loves complaining about everything being about farming in an MMO.He didn't play much at all and I always have to bring him to events and stuff.

Well guess what? He wanted the mount, I had him sell his mystic coins and ecto, few lodestones, T6 leather, etc, at the end he had more than 200G waiting for stuff he's never gonna make (legendaries).I gave you a few examples of what you can do, it doesn't require hardcore farming or we simply don't have the same definition of what's hardcore.

Maybe check gw2efficiency, I'm sure there's quite a few mats waiting to be sold.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Vladish.3940 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

I agree that PoF doesn't have long therm goals. But...If you say though that 250g isn't much, than it also depends on context. It's not much for a hardcore gamer or a farmer (if you are just log in for dailies and fractals to get gold, yer still a farmer), or a hardcore farmer, maybe. For a casual gamer that plays the game for fun, not to do repetitive tasks day after day that make this feel like a job, 250g is a mountain to climb. That statement was just your opinion, don't try to sell it as a fact.your dailies 2g/day, that's still 125 days if you do just that.your fractals 10g/day that's still 25 dayseven combined that's almost of a month of repetitive/boring (to some) grind.Also not everyone is going to be even able to do fractals like you imply. Unless you have a static group to learn with, if you try to pug it as a noob you will frequently run into elitists that will kick you out the moment they realize that yes, indeed, you are new to that game mode. It's a tough luck of hit or miss.Don't say something is easy just because you have time and resources to get something fast (like gold), that is not universal. There are options, yes, but they are not viable to all.[...}

Well. I looked at the inventory of my "casual" friend (gw2efficiency) who loves complaining about everything being about farming in an MMO.He didn't play much at all and I always have to bring him to events and stuff.

Well guess what? He wanted the mount, I had him sell his mystic coins and ecto, few lodestones, T6 leather, etc, at the end he had more than 200G waiting for stuff he's never gonna make (legendaries).I gave you a few examples of what you can do, it doesn't require hardcore farming or we simply don't have the same definition of what's hardcore.

Maybe check gw2efficiency, I'm sure there's quite a few mats waiting to be sold.

That is YOUR ASSUMPTION he will never need them. Quite frankly, one day he may have more time or will to play and will want legendaries, which will effectively cause him to have to farm a lot more materials now, that you sold it for him, but that is choice he made, and it may be true IN HIS PARTICULAR CASE. You particular friend doesn't represent every other "casual" gamer in this or any game.

There is no problem with casual players working slowly towards a legendary AT THEIR OWN PACE. If someone wants to spend six years slowly progressing towards one, that's up to them. If someone wants to farm mats for their legendary over six years, doesn't mean that selling them for a gold influx is a viable option to them. It's a case to case scenario and on a grand scale, you care completely wrong and limited by YOUR OWN PERSONAL definition of a casual gamer. Doesn't change the fact that 250g is a lot to many people (many casuals), and not much to many others (Hardcore fans, farmers). Your friend may not needed the materials, it's not true for everyone.

@Vladish.3940 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

I agree that PoF doesn't have long therm goals. But...If you say though that 250g isn't much, than it also depends on context. It's not much for a hardcore gamer or a farmer (if you are just log in for dailies and fractals to get gold, yer still a farmer), or a hardcore farmer, maybe. For a casual gamer that plays the game for fun, not to do repetitive tasks day after day that make this feel like a job, 250g is a mountain to climb. That statement was just your opinion, don't try to sell it as a fact.your dailies 2g/day, that's still 125 days if you do just that.your fractals 10g/day that's still 25 dayseven combined that's almost of a month of repetitive/boring (to some) grind.Also not everyone is going to be even able to do fractals like you imply. Unless you have a static group to learn with, if you try to pug it as a noob you will frequently run into elitists that will kick you out the moment they realize that yes, indeed, you are new to that game mode. It's a tough luck of hit or miss.Don't say something is easy just because you have time and resources to get something fast (like gold), that is not universal. There are options, yes, but they are not viable to all.

Regardless of that point as I said before, I agree with you that PoF has no long term goals. Gold alone is not going to make you play PoF. Fractals and Dailies aren't PoF content. Most of the gold comes outside of that game through actions universal to all content (even node farming). Griffon mount IS a long term goal for many casual players, even if it is not for you though, but that goal can be met anywhere in the world, so that is not a "PoF-exclusive long term goal."

For what its worth, even just doing dailies, assuming no gold gain from drops or any other content played throughout the month, it would not take 125 days.

Over the course of the month you will get laurels that can be converted into gold via t6 materials, you will get mystic coins that can be converted into gold, and you will have the option to choose ascennded crafting mats that are also worth a decent amount of gold.

The gold gain per month from just daily rewards is pretty significant.

Archived