Ideas for the next "Balance Patch"

Menzo.2185

Update the Pet AI from ranger. Minion rework.Revenant profession overhaul like mesmer got (especially renegade).Improvements on ranger marksmanship and condition builds. Bring back Spirits mobility or rework them entirely.Druid improvements to give them some more utility than just being a buff bot.DH longbow improvements and trait improvements.Shaving of to strong PvE and PvP builds to increase build diversity.

Thats prolly it for the moment.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Strikerjolt.9418 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Every class gets access to a skill that reveals. That would be a good start. F stealth.

So that sealth is completely useless?

Nice job. You can personally hate stealth all you want. That wouldn't objectively make for a fun game.

it wouldn't bother me to make it useless. Cheap mechanics don't make for a fun game.

A fair balance, honestly? Make stealth a opportunity-based mechanic. Make players unable to re-enter stealth while in combat. Use it to get in position, set up a burst, but never to just escape at will.

@Menzo.2185 said:I will appreciate if all ranged weapons in the game (all professions) wouldn't deal more dmg than all melee weapons in the game.Being hit by an invisible person from 1,500 range, with unlockable ability and playing with 180 ping or higher is kind of nonsense and undodgeable.

*sorry google translate english

Maybe shorten range and remove arc from bows

@Jski.6180 said:

@Jski.6180 said:STOP nerfing i think anet is addictive to nerfing at this point. The game is in a worst places because of the last update.

Yep. They should just let power creep spiral out of control by only buffing things. /s

No just stop touching the skills that are at the end all be all power creep and push every thing else up. Every time they try to nerf the power creep skill they make them stronger some how and every time they try to touch a class that is lower they just nerf it even more.

Anet dose not want to nerf over used classes they only want to nerf the underused classes because they are scared of the gw2 player base quitting.

Everything you said is wrong. Mesmer took a massive hit last patch ... You're views are salt. Sigmoid is right; in addition to realigning classes so they aren't trivializing game content, they ARE paying attention to power creep, which is clear that we are already in. If you think that's the last of the nerfs we are going to see, I think you will be in for a rude awakening.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Jski.6180 said:STOP nerfing i think anet is addictive to nerfing at this point. The game is in a worst places because of the last update.

Yep. They should just let power creep spiral out of control by only buffing things. /s

No just stop touching the skills that are at the end all be all power creep and push every thing else up. Every time they try to nerf the power creep skill they make them stronger some how and every time they try to touch a class that is lower they just nerf it even more.

Anet dose not want to nerf over used classes they only want to nerf the underused classes because they are scared of the gw2 player base quitting.

Everything you said is wrong. Mesmer took a massive hit last patch ... You're views are salt. Sigmoid is right; in addition to realigning classes so they aren't trivializing game content, they ARE paying attention to power creep, which is clear that we are already in. If you think that's the last of the nerfs we are going to see, I think you will be in for a rude awakening.

No its never a good thing to remove content in hopes to deal with power creep as at this point in the games life every expansion has added in a lot of power creep. Its too far gone in a way the only thing your going to do is kill a type of game play for ppl and still not deal with the power creep of all the elite spec. Wack a mole is not a real way to deal with power creep its only a way to put an end to over used classes one at a time and at best they only killed off a nearly under used class. Its not like they realty went after the real problem fire brand and scroge. Even going after these 2 classes your still have massive power creep from the lesser used eliet spec.

Anet messed up with the elite spec. its realty that simple there is NO GOING BACK better to only look at effects and classes that are weaker then the op classes and effects.

Far better to build up then brake down.

@Jski.6180 said:

No its never a good thing to remove content...

Anet never removed content.

... and no, the capabilities of the classes need to match the content of the game. If classes are too strong for the content, they are going to get moved down. That's what you are seeing right now.

@Obtena.7952 said:

... and no, the capabilities of the classes need to match the content of the game. If classes are too strong for the content, they are going to get moved down. That's what you are seeing right now.

If you take away effects that IS removing content.

You mean elite classes are too strong. The cores are good. This is power creep from elite spec.

Burn foes every few attacks.Activate: You and your allies inflict burning on the next attack.

Burning (passive effect) (2s): 262 DamageBurning (active effect) (4s): 524 DamageNumber of Targets: 5Number of Attacks to Trigger: 5Radius: 600

To

Chapter 1: Searing Spell

Chapter 2: Igniting Burst

Chapter 3: Heated Rebuke

Chapter 4: Scorched Aftermath

Epilogue: Ashes of the Just

You have a real power creep any any thing suggestion that other classes come even close to this level of power creep is out right crazy.

If your willing to give this power creep a pass and the removal of an effect as an excuse of power creep reason for removal i am not sure if you looking at the game with clear eyes.

@Jski.6180 said:

Content has a specific meaning in MMO ... it's not class skills.

... and No, the traits were changed, not removed. No 'content' was removed.

You mean elite classes are too strong. The cores are good. This is power creep from elite spec.

I'm not being specific. I just know that when things get too good, the game is trivial to play; that's not good for anyone. Anet figures out what is too good, not players. So think about that.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Content has a specific meaning in MMO ... it's not class skills.

Content is how you both play the game and things to do with a story. If you add in a mastery system to changes the type of movement you have in a map to changes up how you play it that is content. On the same note if you add in a support set build for an all in dmg class is also a type of content.You mean elite classes are too strong. The cores are good. This is power creep from elite spec.

I'm not being specific. I just know that when things get too good, the game is trivial to play; that's not good for anyone. Anet figures out what is too good, not players. So think about that.

Anet is not doing that though they are getting there info from there player base. If the player base endlessly apologized for bad balancing then anet will do nothing to fix the balancing.

Content was not removed, no matter how you want to spin it; it was class skills that were changed. I'm not going to continue to argue very basic language and concepts with you. If you convinced yourself that re-purposing definitions and ideas justifies how you think, then it's only going to be relevant to you because no one understands what the hell you are talking about.

Players have been QQing about balancing since day 1 ... and we are here. So think about how much players complaining about bad balancing impacts the direct they take to balance the game. Anet IS balancing the game, it's just not the flavour of balance you think it should be. Think about that. I can assure you that people complaining is not a necessary part of the balancing process; you can see this yourself because Anet changes things no one would ever ask for. The balancing process happens independent of players complaining or not.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Every class gets access to a skill that reveals. That would be a good start. F stealth.

Nice job. You can personally hate stealth all you want. That wouldn't objectively make for a fun game.

it wouldn't bother me to make it useless. Cheap mechanics don't make for a fun game.

A fair balance, honestly? Make stealth a opportunity-based mechanic. Make players unable to re-enter stealth while in combat. Use it to get in position, set up a burst, but never to just escape at will.

Sorry, I don't think you get to decide what is considered fun and what isn't considered fun for a game... and almost every RPG game with pvp has some type of stealth mechanic.And the anti stealth group have always been the minority in every game ever. -

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Its not like they realty went after the real problem fire brand and scroge.Firebrand
also
was nerfed last patch, and scourge has been nerfed repeatedly over the last year.

Also, mesmer was wildly OP and should never have been allowed to dominate raids for as long as it did.

Longer cd on books not going to make up for the power creep of having the books in the first places lol. Scorge was nerf from having a base line 10 target effect to base line 6 targets. The level of power creep on these class effects f1-f5 are above any thing any other class has in the game. Mesmers as a core class was fine and to give out boons as it did was good as well but chron being able to double up the effects was a problem as the chron lost nothing for it but it still nothing to what firebrand and scourge had and still have.

We are talking on the high end of the power creep balancing but there where nerfs to classes that are on the low end or non at all yet we still have massive power creep that barely getting touched by anet. If any thing they added more power creep to the core classes gurd / necro (all though these core classes need it) but it still adds all the more power creep to the Firebrand and scourge class.

When nerfing and buffing core classes you conquest nerf / buff the elite spec now and will come.

So my suggestion is stop nerfing core classes and only nerf there elite spec if you MUST nerf every thing as the only real world response to fix things.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Its not like they realty went after the real problem fire brand and scroge.Firebrand
also
was nerfed last patch, and scourge has been nerfed repeatedly over the last year.

Also, mesmer was wildly OP and should never have been allowed to dominate raids for as long as it did.

Longer cd on books not going to make up for the power creep of having the books in the first places lol.

No it's not, but that's not his point. His point was that you said they didn't deal with the problems you mentioned when in fact they did start doing it.

Balance is not going to happen in one patch; it's an ongoing effort. That's why you should expect lots more patches like this one going forward; you better set your expectations to what you saw this patch.

@Obtena.7952 said:

also

Longer cd on books not going to make up for the power creep of having the books in the first places lol.

No it's not, but that's not his point. His point was that you said they didn't deal with the problems you mentioned when in fact they did start doing it.

Balance is not going to happen in one patch; it's an ongoing effort. That's why you should expect lots more patches like this one going forward; you better set your expectations to what you saw this patch.

I get that but why was books cd made longer but then they removed effects from say from ele with its tempest def changes. Longer cd is nothing vs just simply losing the effect comply. The same true for scraper and i guess mez (i do not know the other updates for classes).

Questions I don't have answers to. I don't see their plans for the future and neither does anyone else. People, including you, need to stop looking at any particular balance patch like it's the final word on the state of the game. Some things that are changed in one patch might be to prepare for the next one. I don't know the reasons, I simply know these aren't just random changes; they have purpose.

It's also important to keep in mind that 1) changes CAN happen because of theme and 2) changes on one class don't have to be the same direction as another class.

@Obtena.7952 said:Questions I don't have answers to. I don't see their plans for the future and neither does anyone else. People, including you, need to stop looking at any particular balance patch like it's the final word on the state of the game. Some things that are changed in one patch might be to prepare for the next one. I don't know the reasons, I simply know these aren't just random changes; they have purpose.

It's also important to keep in mind that 1) changes CAN happen because of theme and 2) changes on one class don't have to be the same direction as another class.

Your trying to answers the question though and going out of your way to say why my point of view is wrong.

Anet can do any thing they want they could even cut the game off today if they wanted to but you can still point out what is wrong with them doing it.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Questions I don't have answers to. I don't see their plans for the future and neither does anyone else. People, including you, need to stop looking at any particular balance patch like it's the final word on the state of the game. Some things that are changed in one patch might be to prepare for the next one. I don't know the reasons, I simply know these aren't just random changes; they have purpose.

Your trying to answers the question though and going out of your way to say why my point of view is wrong.

Anet can do any thing they want they could even cut the game off today if they wanted to but you can still point out what is wrong with them doing it.

I answer the questions I can, I'm honest with you when I don't have the answers. You can't ask for more. You are making unarguably false statements and re-inventing what things mean to 'prove' Anet is doing it wrong. There is no place for that in honest discussions. It's not the first time this has happened. It just flags you as someone that complains with no substance; a person willing to literally say anything. There is no value in that ... except when it's countered with more accurate content.

Anet did NOT remove content.Anet IS enacting change to move the game to what they want it to be.That DOESN'T mean it complies with your version or any other players version of what balance is.

@Strikerjolt.9418 said:

Sorry, I don't think you get to decide what is considered fun and what isn't considered fun for a game... and almost every RPG game with pvp has some type of stealth mechanic.And the anti stealth group have always been the minority in every game ever. -

He didnt say that he got to decide what is fun for the game. He said that making it useless wouldnt bother him personally . A personal opinion. Kind of like your opinion that those who dislike stealth in MMO PvP are in the minority.

I will just focus on my main, guardian:

Hammer needs major buff in PvE to become somewhat competitive.Mace, I wish things are faster. Symbol 1.25 sec cast, wholly crap. And this can be easily offset by reg duration from 1 to 0.75 secs, with reduction of symbol cast from 1.25 to 0.75 secs.Scepter, AA, slow and noisy. The speed of the AA is the primary reason why scepter is not PvP viable.LB, damage buff for sure in PvE. In PvP it is super slow and lacks mobility. I dunno what direction to go for PvP. Direct damage buffs will be an issue.Zeal line needs slight defensive buffs to be a reliable option in PvP.Consecration skills are sad. Only Purging Flames is viable and only in PvE.All shouts, except Stand Your Ground and Feel My Wraith need work from the ground-up.Spirit Weapons, change to be area cast-able.FB, Weighty Terms, You want something on activation of mantra not fucking third charge, that everyone avoids like the plague. Extremely contradictory design. Stoic Demeanor, useless in every game mode.. they could at least make it of some use in PvE..

@heartless.9014 said:

@Leinhart.2981 said:I want to play as a necro in raids without being kicked because I am a necro.

You can as scourge just not with speed runners

Play without speed runners?! I'm confused. Because my play experience shows that the game is pretty much 100% speed runners.

I agree. Almost impossible to find people who want to run a raid with a necromancer except for Sabetha.

Archived