xxxxxxxxxx

Flandre.2870

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@"Ario.8964" said:I love how instead of just asking to nerf OH sword which is only over-performing thing on rev atm, they just want to "kill the spec". Guess it's not enough that we are hard countered by mirage, condi, and cc spam , don't get the amount of access to our skills as we not only have cooldowns but energy as well, and the class is less forgiving than any of the other specs people are playing nowadays. But yeah, let's kill the whole spec because we don't like OH sword, these guys must work for anet.

i disagree, while mirage is broken in its own way, you can see the mirage cloak on the bar which is most benefiting a herald sitting somewhere behind a wall or rushing in. Phase traversal + true nature shiro kills all clones and often removes protection followed by any attack, mirages will drop as fast as any other class.In addition most skills are on low or very low cooldown so it can rotate indefinitely

A herald has no sustain, if you're good you can counter Infuse Light and there won't be a way a Revenant can heal. People are just too stupid to deal with good revenant players

revs probably the most fun class to play right now, high risk high reward, if you block / evade just part of their burst, the rev is pretty much a sitting duck

totally kamikaze style

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:Serious question;

At what play level is Herald mentioned in the same sentence as Soul Beast and Mirage with regards to balance priorities? Is it Bronze, Silver, or Legendary? Those are the only divisions I never play in.

No body plays in legendary lol. It is like 5-10 players total. While in solo que herald is unreliable, compared to mirage or soul beast. Most organized teams though run rev.

Will see how things pan out, but people who are expecting a nerf to herald, it is not likely. Mirage and soul beast on the on the other hand..

@incisorr.9502 said:as for this thread, i mostly care about herald as it is the most broken / uncounterable one and the perma stealth on DE. Sure the DE & SB classes are annoying but they're not as uncounterable as herald

^This.

Rev hardcounters condi mirage due to the revenant's massive condi cleanses.Additionally, mirage barely can negate burst dmg with it's limited access to evade-frames.The revenant's dmg skills like sword 2,sword 3 and sword offhand that split up because of clones still hit for 2-3k which should not be possible.Also why should a rev, guard or thief port towards me when I am LoS? Those melee classes should WALK every single centimeter before they reach me.

Condi Mirage already is not good.They should give Mirage more vigor to get more access to evade-frames and nerf staff autoattack because I dont play staff myself ecksdee.

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@"Ario.8964" said:I love how instead of just asking to nerf OH sword which is only over-performing thing on rev atm, they just want to "kill the spec". Guess it's not enough that we are hard countered by mirage, condi, and cc spam , don't get the amount of access to our skills as we not only have cooldowns but energy as well, and the class is less forgiving than any of the other specs people are playing nowadays. But yeah, let's kill the whole spec because we don't like OH sword, these guys must work for anet.

i disagree, while mirage is broken in its own way, you can see the mirage cloak on the bar which is most benefiting a herald sitting somewhere behind a wall or rushing in. Phase traversal + true nature shiro kills all clones and often removes protection followed by any attack, mirages will drop as fast as any other class.In addition most skills are on low or very low cooldown so it can rotate indefinitely

A herald has no sustain, if you're good you can counter Infuse Light and there won't be a way a Revenant can heal. People are just too stupid to deal with good revenant players

revs probably the most fun class to play right now, high risk high reward, if you block / evade just part of their burst, the rev is pretty much a sitting duck

totally kamikaze style

Exactly nobody understand how Rev relies so much on its damage, without it Revenant would be worse than Ele

@Snellibee.2761 said:

totally kamikaze style

Exactly nobody understand how Rev relies so much on its damage, without it Revenant would be worse than Ele

ventari bunker is still sorta viable, but it's the designs of classes like scourge, mirage, etc that have both high sustain and high dmg output that pushes rev players to go full burst

if you use sword 4 to clear illusions, the mirage immediately creates moreif you use sword 3, mirage can evade all attack or fade out and the attack chain immediately fizzles, or you only land 1-2 hits because of amount illusions around

necros, dodge or immediately put shroud on to absorb all the burst, fear the rev away and place lots of condi on the rev and gg, even a core necro can kill rev if you are competent necro player; their staff 3 cannot block off marks and wells, place a Reaper's Mark and bait the rev into it and follow up with Chilblains, and the rev is well far away for the necro to condi down with a scepter

ranger, start with Rapid Fire to force rev to use staff 3, follow up with Point Blank Shot and pew pew down the rev; if you see them start getting too close, Hunter's Shot to hide or Lightning Reflexes to increase distance againand if you are sb, you can let rev taste their own medicine with smokescale F2, in fact it's more op because sword 3 have a slight delay from the initiation player animation

@Safandula.8723 said:nerf heralds dmg, and give it some more condi removal. Right now, herald without support is semi-useless, it could get some more independence

Revenants need their damage or they'll be completely irrelevant. If you nerf the damage from Revenant you end up with a worse warrior. And since everyone is crying about warriors being underpowered I guess Revenant shouldn't need nerfs ?

@dominik.9721 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:as for this thread, i mostly care about herald as it is the
most broken
/
uncounterable
one and the perma stealth on DE. Sure the DE & SB classes are annoying but they're not as
uncounterable
as herald

^This.

Rev hardcounters condi mirage due to the revenant's massive condi cleanses.Additionally, mirage barely can negate burst dmg with it's limited access to evade-frames.The revenant's dmg skills like sword 2,sword 3 and sword offhand that split up because of clones still hit for 2-3k which should not be possible.Also why should a rev, guard or thief port towards me when I am LoS? Those melee classes should WALK every single centimeter before they reach me.

Condi Mirage already is not good.They should give Mirage more vigor to get more access to evade-frames and nerf staff autoattack because I dont play staff myself ecksdee.

Spot on

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:He said de, not theif.

Thief is core to Deadeye ((you know that very well))

'The Truth Reveals' -
Thief
must be exposed

DUDE all rhey did so far was they butchered core and it barely touched Deadeye. read last few patchnotes for thief pls you are talkung BS

Get used to it,the guy always cry’s nerf thief in every thread he post in regardless of topic lol

@Odik.4587 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Why does nobody mention Chronomancer? It's on par with Soulbeast if not better

Excuse me ,how this trash spec is worth mentioning and being better than soulbeast? Once scepter nerfed it would stop to existI love delusional people , about 99% here

You haven't played a decent Chrono build in a while then..

Mine is running Dom/Insp and it eats SB and condiMirage for breakky...Had a 4 or 5 minute fight on it against Kronos on his engie, he won but I thought not bad for a non-meta build.

@pah.4931 said:Wonder if these people calling for Herald nerfs have ever tried playing it. Damage is high and it is very unforgiving. Not to mention it is very meta-dependent, since it's so weak to condi. You could leave herald alone and it will drift in and out of fashion just based on what everyone else is playing.

Sure, a great rev is really fun to watch (and OH sword number could handle slight tweaks). Sure, they are a pain to play against when driven by capable players. But they should be rewarded for piloting a difficult prof. That is the very definition of balance and all class design should strive for it...

They are without a doubt glass cannons. I cannot deny that.

I think they're just a little too able to disengage from fights. But that's the only thing I would change, everything else is just fine.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@pah.4931 said:Wonder if these people calling for Herald nerfs have ever tried playing it. Damage is high and it is very unforgiving. Not to mention it is very meta-dependent, since it's so weak to condi. You could leave herald alone and it will drift in and out of fashion just based on what everyone else is playing.

Sure, a great rev is really fun to watch (and OH sword number could handle slight tweaks). Sure, they are a pain to play against when driven by capable players. But they should be rewarded for piloting a difficult prof. That is the very definition of balance and all class design should strive for it...

I think they're just a little too able to disengage from fights. But that's the only thing I would change, everything else is just fine.

They literally have barely anything to disengage from fights, the only thing they can do is engage. Revenants have no teleports or stealth mechanics to get away from a fight.

The only thing they can do to get away is kite.

@Snellibee.2761 said:

They literally have barely anything to disengage from fights, the only thing they can do is engage. Revenants have no teleports or stealth mechanics to get away from a fight.

I regularly see them pop the following rotation to disengage:

Riposting Shadows -> Surge of the Mists -> Another Riposting Shadows OR Phase Traversal to another Target, ideally one with a height difference.

Unless you're a thief or a mesmer, it's really difficult to keep up with that.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

I regularly see them pop the following rotation to disengage:

Riposting Shadows -> Surge of the Mists -> Another Riposting Shadows OR Phase Traversal to another Target, ideally one with a height difference.

Unless you're a thief or a mesmer, it's really difficult to keep up with that.

Plenty of classes have leaps and or ranged attacks to deal with a Revenant that is trying to get away, using phase traversal to another target just disengages you from one fight and engages you into another accomplishing absolute no safety.

I've never managed to get away from a class yet by just using skills, I always have to do kiting to disengage from people.

Archived