25,000 griffons!

@Crise.9401 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:You can reach every mastery insight without the griffin or portal. Tomb of Primeval Kings requires a janky route that's clearly not intended and gliding, but you can get there.

If you have to use an unintended route that is borderline a map breakout (including finding a hole in an invisible wall), that kind of defeats the point of saying you can get every mastery insight without griffon, sure you can, but that was not as intended (whether this is an issue is a whole different discussion entirely).

Ironically, the hole in the invisible wall is to get back in to the intended playspace.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Crise.9401 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:You can reach every mastery insight without the griffin or portal. Tomb of Primeval Kings requires a janky route that's clearly not intended and gliding, but you can get there.

If you have to use an unintended route that is borderline a map breakout (including finding a hole in an invisible wall), that kind of defeats the point of saying you can get every mastery insight without griffon, sure you can, but that was not as intended (whether this is an issue is a whole different discussion entirely).

I tried to get it recently with the griffin and i couldnt either...I can see the way, but i always hit the ceiling.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Crise.9401 said:

I tried to get it recently with the griffin and i couldnt either...I can see the way, but i always hit the ceiling.

You bunny onto the snake near the lower pillar and then use the griffon to glide across.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Crise.9401 said:

You bunny onto the snake near the lower pillar and then use the griffon to glide across.

Thats what i did actually, i hit the ceiling and fell just barely below where i could get up to that pillar. As i said, i can see how, i just havent done it xD i used the other way, its faster and less frustrating(till they fix it, if they fix it)

@Despond.2174 said:

Hmm for me the skimmer is obsolete, you just need to approach the map differently.

Last night I decided to run a nearly lvled alt to teq from lions arch. Slowly making my way there when this skimmer goes flying past me. It was like power walking when a car goes past leaving you thinking 'damn I thought I was making decent time'. Made me wish I could afford pof. I'd keen to see how fast someone could get semi map completion (views & poi's) with all the mounts.

@Doggie.3184 said:I don't have mine yet cuz I built a boat. But I wonder;

Griffon Milestones.25,000: A heart-felt letter from Mike O'brien and Spoiler removed.50,000: Quest for giant Turtle mounts added.75,000: TBA100,000: TBA

75,000: cost reduced to 100 gold75,001: 74,999 players scream

100,000: griffons for everyone! (or in the gem store)100,001: 999,999 players declare war on anet

@Crise.9401 said:The bottom line is just as with every map since HoT the maps have to acknowledge that gliding exists, everything going forward will have to forevermore acknowledge that mounts are a thing.

Exactly. Map making gets interesting with every expansion. Not only are there new features out there players may have (gliding, mounts, flying mounts) but you can not assume they are features every player has.

@Lestat.4970 said:

@Despond.2174 said:

Hmm for me the skimmer is obsolete, you just need to approach the map differently.

Last night I decided to run a nearly lvled alt to teq from lions arch. Slowly making my way there when this skimmer goes flying past me. It was like power walking when a car goes past leaving you thinking 'kitten I thought I was making decent time'. Made me wish I could afford pof. I'd keen to see how fast someone could get semi map completion (views & poi's) with all the mounts.

Since I just got mastery 3 on the first 4 mounts this weekend and rolled a new char soon before POF I am probably going to do that soon. Without the griffon but I always found some vistas annoying and now I can probably just hop up to them.

that's actually a good one if you already completed the storyline since it makes your new characters progress ten times faster. imagine your warrior and revenant who don't usually have the swiftness boon, i gave up on my revenant because of that and now the new spec and mount i can play him even more

• 3 months later...

@Razor.6392 said:I JUST WANT A NORMAL HORSE

Sorry think the horse refuse to come out of hiding with all those hungry Griffons around. Also they not wanting to take a chance carrying a Norn or Charr around whistles innocently. Do support the idea of being able to get a generic mount - wont have any masteries or specials and just add speed of moving around on land - just wonder how they would act with water. Most mounts disappear when they hit water.

@Razor.6392 if really want to get any momentum for this idea would suggest creating a separate post as all the griffons might hide this idea.

@Mike O Brien.4613 said:I love to play a game and not know exactly where the journey is taking me or what I’ll find along the way. I think many of you feel the same way, and you’ve been great at spoiler-tagging your posts to preserve that sense of discovery for other players.

With Path of Fire we left griffons unannounced so that players could discover them. We watched with excitement this past weekend as the community pieced together the path and the first players unlocked their griffons.

Since Saturday night when the first 349 players acquired their griffons, the number of griffons in the world has grown exponentially with each passing day. We hit a milestone today: 25,000 of you now have your griffons. You’re out there in the skies over the major cities showing off your new mounts. With 25,000 griffons flying around, I think it’s safe to say that the griffon is no longer a spoiler.

It’s been fun to see your videos of griffon aerobatics in various places in the world. Now that the griffon is no longer a spoiler, unleash your creativity! Let’s see what you can do.

Mo

How many have Griffons now?

At least one more. I finally got mine last Saturday. :)

There's still quite a few people working through it though, after I collected mine I ended up hanging around the Sanctuary answering questions from a few people who were just starting out (including assuring one of them that the 250g for the collection items was the only gold cost and their "friend" was wrong that the next tier of collections would cost 500g, then 1000g "just like precursors"...which actually don't work that way either).

Archived