Warclaw brought queues -- full of people who don't want to play

Ni In.6578

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completed the achievements and unlocked Warclaw in less time than it took for me to get through the que. About 15 minutes. This in part due to the aforementioned ktrain.... and to think it took two months of off-and-on grinding involving a lengthy timegated achievement to get Aurora.

Even if I didn't pop potions for the reward track that would've been, what, 6 hours of "effort"? ¯\(ツ)/¯I wish the pve content was as quick, straightforward and easy to complete as this achievement.

Damn thing should've required 100 keep captures. It wouldn't even need to be retroactive.

~ Kovu

edit- Oh, and 250 gold.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:I am mostly a PvE player. A bit of PvP. I dip in an out of WvW.

I've had my best WvW experience tonight, by a long way. Lots of small groups roaming, lots of activity. EoTM was really busy.

Yes, lots of new WvW players don't play like veterans, but all I saw on /map and /team was people asking for help, people giving deliberately misleading responses, people offering to give Warclaw advice for gold and people whining about PvE players. I know map chat spammers are a minority, but the only part I didn't enjoy was the salt.

Nothing new here. Typical map/team chat.

People are trying it out for the first time seriously, and they're getting shot down for asking questions.

I don't mean to sound like a ass but maybe they shouldn't need a new mount to try the game mode out and when salt levels are at max. Even the most patient of people in wvw can only take answering the same questions over and over.

I spent my queue time in EoTM and there was a commander taking time to show people how things worked. When I got to the borderlands, it was weirdly disparate with little groups roaming and not communicating.

A lot of small and large groups will use discord/TS or chat in party/squad/local to avoid cluttering up map/team chat.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I saw a lot of people having fun, if only because it was a short-term change of pace.

The only people who were complaining were folks such as yourself, insisting that the Warclaw unlock is bringing too many unfettered masses to the shores.

Getting them to change their attitude on this is as simple as suggesting that the Gift of Battle be obtainable through means other than a reward track, then suddenly they all LOVE afkers.

The only problem I had is when some random commander came into our home BL and gave away t3 bay when they were told how many hours it took a small group to get it there over a full day and we did not want to loose it. They just wanted to flip it "to get the mount", well I am sorry, but people worked for that keep and you just kicked them in the teeth over a cosmetic item for your trash pve life. What you PVE'rs fail to realize is how much work that actually goes into defending camps and fighting wave after wave of overwhelming numbers and still keeping the important camps.

So yeah, just a bit salty.

@Aiga.3075 said:

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:I am mostly a PvE player. A bit of PvP. I dip in an out of WvW.

I've had my best WvW experience tonight, by a long way. Lots of small groups roaming, lots of activity. EoTM was really busy.

Yes, lots of new WvW players don't play like veterans, but all I saw on /map and /team was people asking for help, people giving deliberately misleading responses, people offering to give Warclaw advice for gold and people whining about PvE players. I know map chat spammers are a minority, but the only part I didn't enjoy was the salt.

Nothing new here. Typical map/team chat.

People are trying it out for the first time seriously, and they're getting shot down for asking questions.

I don't mean to sound like a kitten but maybe they shouldn't need a new mount to try the game mode out and when salt levels are at max. Even the most patient of people in wvw can only take answering the same questions over and over.

I spent my queue time in EoTM and there was a commander taking time to show people how things worked. When I got to the borderlands, it was weirdly disparate with little groups roaming and not communicating.

A lot of small and large groups will use discord/TS or chat in party/squad/local to avoid cluttering up map/team chat.

Same thing happens in living world story. People get mad after 5 mins of coming to the new area and people ask a question.

@"sneakytails.5629" said:The only problem I had is when some random commander came into our home BL and gave away t3 bay when they were told how many hours it took a small group to get it there over a full day and we did not want to loose it. They just wanted to flip it "to get the mount", well I am sorry, but people worked for that keep and you just kicked them in the teeth over a cosmetic item for your trash pve life. What you PVE'rs fail to realize is how much work that actually goes into defending camps and fighting wave after wave of overwhelming numbers and still keeping the important camps.

Well if y'all had the numbers you could've prevented it. Overcome adversity.

I... i just want to play the only game mode i like in this game, even with the worst imbalance issues... and the lack of updates and content, but i wanted to play it with my friends, i dont care about the mount, i like the game mode, but i cant play... because all maps are queued, because there's a lot of ppl who only reacted to this game mode because there's now a "fluffy solution" for them, why they needed to wait for so long to try wvw? , why they didnt enter the game mode when we were lacking numbers and having hard times against populated servers? when we were happy to explain how wvw works to newbies:/ , i know there are ppl who are going to be engaged with the game mode, but lets be honest, they would be only a few, the game mode is still unbalanced and with the same bugs for years , and the majority of pve ppl are just in wvw for the mount, they dont even care to defend/try to play the mode as it is... im not upset... im sad :(

I'm sorry but I had the best time I've had in WvW in years tonight. There were roaming tags taking keeps, camps, and other things. We were making jokes, killing people, getting killed, and it actually felt like folks wanted to be there for once instead of zoning in to an unhelpful map of salty players, no tags, and being forced to babysit yaks for four hours to get track points.

I guess it depends on server? This is the WvW I want to see though, this is the WvW that would get me to go in more often and dedicate time to the game mode.

@Drecien.4508 said:

@"sneakytails.5629" said:The only problem I had is when some random commander came into our home BL and gave away t3 bay when they were told how many hours it took a small group to get it there over a full day and we did not want to loose it. They just wanted to flip it "to get the mount", well I am sorry, but people worked for that keep and you just kicked them in the teeth over a cosmetic item for your trash pve life. What you PVE'rs fail to realize is how much work that actually goes into defending camps and fighting wave after wave of overwhelming numbers and still keeping the important camps.

Nah, most people flock to the tag. Every map is queued, so everyone technically has numbers...but if the tag goes to flip a tower/camp while there are two zergs on a T3 home keep, then the keep is going to be lost. It's pretty frustrating since upgrading anything is absolutely impossible with so many people on the map (home BL). Once that T3 is lost, it's just going to flip back and forth over and over.

That said, I tried to be as helpful as possible throughout the day. New players are welcome, but new commanders should at least learn the ropes first.

@Sviel.7493 said:

Nah, most people flock to the tag. Every map is queued, so everyone technically has numbers...but if the tag goes to flip a tower/camp while there are two zergs on a T3 home keep, then the keep is going to be lost. It's pretty frustrating since upgrading anything is absolutely impossible with so many people on the map (home BL). Once that T3 is lost, it's just going to flip back and forth over and over.

That said, I tried to be as helpful as possible throughout the day. New players are welcome, but new commanders should at least learn the ropes first.

I'd just ktrain it this week then. No need to build anything since it'll take less time to blow up.

WVW is crap in my opinion i wouldn't play them at all. But you need materials from them so i am forced into something i dislike. I'm glad there is no subscription fee for gw2, i wouldn't pay for this crap.

I've waited over an hour of my time to play. I get in play for 30 mins then the new builds come out and take down wvw. now i'm in an even longer que than my first. What a joke of a game!

meanwhile my 2 hour boost is wasted! thanks

@Aerlen.5326 said:I'm sorry but I had the best time I've had in WvW in years tonight. There were roaming tags taking keeps, camps, and other things. We were making jokes, killing people, getting killed, and it actually felt like folks wanted to be there for once instead of zoning in to an unhelpful map of salty players, no tags, and being forced to babysit yaks for four hours to get track points.

I guess it depends on server? This is the WvW I want to see though, this is the WvW that would get me to go in more often and dedicate time to the game mode.

Despite some frustrating moments, I agree wholeheartedly with this. Full maps all around makes for much more fun than 1 zerg per team hopping through four maps trying to ninja keeps. It was rough because so many people had very little ability to do things on their own, but that just takes a bit of time.

@Drecien.4508 said:

I'd just ktrain it this week then. No need to build anything since it'll take less time to blow up.

All I do in WvW is defend, fight when the zerg comes to defend, repair, roam, etc. I have no desire to k-train and just won't log in if that's all that's on offer.

But you're right that this may not be the week for me...which is a shame, because I really want to help some new people adjust to WvW.

@Sviel.7493 said:

@Aerlen.5326 said:I'm sorry but I had the best time I've had in WvW in years tonight. There were roaming tags taking keeps, camps, and other things. We were making jokes, killing people, getting killed, and it actually felt like folks wanted to be there for once instead of zoning in to an unhelpful map of salty players, no tags, and being forced to babysit yaks for four hours to get track points.

Despite some frustrating moments, I agree wholeheartedly with this. Full maps all around makes for much more fun than 1 zerg per team hopping through four maps trying to ninja keeps. It was rough because so many people had very little ability to do things on their own, but that just takes a bit of time.

All I do in WvW is defend, fight when the zerg comes to defend, repair, roam, etc. I have no desire to k-train and just won't log in if that's all that's on offer.

But you're right that this may not be the week for me...which is a shame, because I really want to help some new people adjust to WvW.

Well bring them under your wing, tag if you have one. Show them there is more than flipping. I had to learn from others where to place seigeand stuff so it would be safe. But this week will be crazy, might as well grab all the levels and exp you can since it's free. ?

@"Aldoisnoob.4170" said:I... i just want to play the only game mode i like in this game, even with the worst imbalance issues... and the lack of updates and content, but i wanted to play it with my friends, i dont care about the mount, i like the game mode, but i cant play... because all maps are queued, because there's a lot of ppl who only reacted to this game mode because there's now a "fluffy solution" for them, why they needed to wait for so long to try wvw? , why they didnt enter the game mode when we were lacking numbers and having hard times against populated servers? when we were happy to explain how wvw works to newbies:/ , i know there are ppl who are going to be engaged with the game mode, but lets be honest, they would be only a few, the game mode is still unbalanced and with the same bugs for years , and the majority of pve ppl are just in wvw for the mount, they dont even care to defend/try to play the mode as it is... im not upset... im sad :(

It's not your personal game mode. It is there for anyone to play whenever they wish. I feel like a lot of WvW-only types forget that.

@Ni In.6578 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I saw a lot of people having fun, if only because it was a short-term change of pace.

The only people who were complaining were folks such as yourself, insisting that the Warclaw unlock is bringing too many unfettered masses to the shores.

No one said they were (or were not) having fun. They are being detrimental to the game mode, however. That is indisputable.

How is bringing new players into an area of the game "detrimental"??? Especially an area of the game that needs more players?

And you need to look up the definition of "indisputable". I don't think it means what you think it does.

A lot of us have tried WvW on and off for years and weren't meet with people who wanted us there or were willing to help us be better players. Can you blame primarily PvErs for being turned off by that? Map completion. Gift of Battle. Armor sets. Warclaw. Anet has been dangling carrots to lure PvE players into WvW since day one, acting like this is new is absolutely silly.

Still having fun defending, building, zerging, sniping lone wandering players... I missed this. This is what WvW was like when I was making my first Legendary.

Archived