Why all the hostility?

Zexanima.7851

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:Wvwler are not
extreme combat skilled
. Don’t know why the forum warriors pretend they are. I read kitten like oh I 1v4 pevler and I win. Just lol...

What mostly happened in wvw is people run with tanky gear and follow the commander than looking for fights where they outnumber the enemy. Or they run away if can’t.

Go s pvp if u so combat skilled show me ur legendary title

On a side note most people in wvw are very very nice, and just looking for some keeps and camps they can get. It’s the few guilds who talking themselves into the illusion they are some elite superhero’s . When many fights are just add up to who has more and who has less lag.

WvW players figured out their game mode like everyone else does, most players in any mode aren't "extreme combat skilled", but most players figure out the base line needed for their mode to not get yelled at too much and how to squeeze in with other players to try to progress a little over time.

Ladidadida it’s not a hard way to learn follow the commander and capping mostly undefended keeps. Don’t act like it’s so hard it is not. Plus what’s ur point ? U don’t want more people play wvw? U think new player can’t learn ? This entitlement is amazing here.

If you're not going to bother reading someones posts or even to bother spelling words then what are you trying to accomplish here? I follow yaks more than I follow commanders and I've never seen a new player getting trashed in WvW, but no one likes people sitting at spawn or willfully taking a limited spot on the map if they're not there to actually play.

And u sure those ppl sitting at spawn are all pvler?

I’ll play your game: Are you sure they’re not?

As a side note, he didn’t say they were.

It helps when you keep an argument to the subject matter.

So ppl stand afk in wvw what has this to do with the mount or new player join wvw?

U kinda loose the game

Well now, I would disagree as your game was changing the argument to something he didn’t say. My retort was based on that alone. Again, stay true to the argument.

Goalposts shouldn’t be moved,

He cried about ppl sitting at spawn... so who he mean who are those ppl ? This full tread is about wvwler vs pvler so who is afk and what has this to do with anything what happened with the latest patch ?

As I explained to another poster, that has been a frequent complaint on this forum. If you browsed this section you would know that.

Still a leap by you. You assumed what he meant. Had you asked and were told he meant PvE I would agree with you.

Here’s the thing: the last 4 PAGES of this WvW section is littered with posts of people assuming. And all it’s doing is fanning the flames of people who can’t let something play out.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

extreme combat skilled
. Don’t know why the forum warriors pretend they are. I read kitten like oh I 1v4 pevler and I win. Just lol...

What mostly happened in wvw is people run with tanky gear and follow the commander than looking for fights where they outnumber the enemy. Or they run away if can’t.

On a side note most people in wvw are very very nice, and just looking for some keeps and camps they can get. It’s the few guilds who talking themselves into the illusion they are some elite superhero’s . When many fights are just add up to who has more and who has less lag.

WvW players figured out their game mode like everyone else does, most players in any mode aren't "extreme combat skilled", but most players figure out the base line needed for their mode to not get yelled at too much and how to squeeze in with other players to try to progress a little over time.

Ladidadida it’s not a hard way to learn follow the commander and capping mostly undefended keeps. Don’t act like it’s so hard it is not. Plus what’s ur point ? U don’t want more people play wvw? U think new player can’t learn ? This entitlement is amazing here.

If you're not going to bother reading someones posts or even to bother spelling words then what are you trying to accomplish here? I follow yaks more than I follow commanders and I've never seen a new player getting trashed in WvW, but no one likes people sitting at spawn or willfully taking a limited spot on the map if they're not there to actually play.

So ppl stand afk in wvw what has this to do with the mount or new player join wvw?

U kinda loose the game

Well now, I would disagree as your game was changing the argument to something he didn’t say. My retort was based on that alone. Again, stay true to the argument.

He cried about ppl sitting at spawn... so who he mean who are those ppl ? This full tread is about wvwler vs pvler so who is afk and what has this to do with anything what happened with the latest patch ?

As I explained to another poster, that has been a frequent complaint on this forum. If you browsed this section you would know that.

Still a leap by you. You assumed what he meant. Had you asked and were told he meant PvE I would agree with you.

Here’s the thing: the last 4 PAGES of this WvW section is littered with posts of people assuming. And all it’s doing is fanning the flames of people who can’t let something play out.

Assumptions don’t have question marks....I asked him and u say I didn’t ok...

@Balsa.3951 said:

extreme combat skilled

U kinda loose the game

Yeah., kinda like the question ‘do you always steal from Walmart?’

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

extreme combat skilled

U kinda loose the game

More like who did u saw afk at Walmart wvwler or pveler

@Balsa.3951 said:

extreme combat skilled

extreme combat skilled

U kinda loose the game

If you cant see the assumption in the question, then a discussion in good faith is a waste of my time.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

extreme combat skilled

extreme combat skilled

U kinda loose the game

If you cant see the assumption in the question, then a discussion in good faith is a waste of my time.

Seriously... ? Someone says those people steal and I ask who ? And it’s me who does an assumption?

I guess by asking u I made an assumption as well lol

Problem is WvW isn't hostile at all. I know you social vocalists cry and complain about anything under the sun that hurts your delicate feelings but In the time I've played gw1 and gw2 I have only seen a handful of hostile people and they were banned from the game for it. The nice thing about freedom of speech is you don't really have to care if someone with minor mental issues such as the emotionally unstable and clinically retarded. Its Time to grow up some. Block the people you don't like or join a safe space guild and only read their drivel if that makes you happy.

Now I can understand that currently wvw is overrun with pve players. What you don't realize however pve and wvw play the game the exact same way!Wvw players run around in a mob following commanders being told what to do while pve players are the exact same thing. Only differences are the skill templates and the gear. Most pve builds are built for pew pewing while wvw are generally built more tanky. [That and average pver's generally only press the 1 button]

So the only real issues currently is the servers are falling apart and warclaw abuse[already]

IMO mounts shouldn't exist in wvw the map is to small and golems are a far better option anyway.IMO anet servers have been terrible in every game mode sense release. Mega servers was the reason I left pve personally. That and I got tired of telling pvers to rez themselves and run back.

@"Larenc.1269" said:Problem is WvW isn't hostile at all. I know you social vocalists cry and complain about anything under the sun that hurts your delicate feelings but In the time I've played gw1 and gw2 I have only seen a handful of hostile people and they were banned from the game for it. The nice thing about freedom of speech is you don't really have to care if someone with minor mental issues such as the emotionally unstable and clinically kitten. Its Time to grow up some. Block the people you don't like or join a safe space guild and only read their drivel if that makes you happy.

Now I can understand that currently wvw is overrun with pve players. What you don't realize however pve and wvw play the game the exact same way!Wvw players run around in a mob following commanders being told what to do while pve players are the exact same thing. Only differences are the skill templates and the gear. Most pve builds are built for pew pewing while wvw are generally built more tanky. [That and average pver's generally only press the 1 button]

So the only real issues currently is the servers are falling apart and warclaw abuse[already]

IMO anet servers have been terrible in every game mode sense release. Mega servers was the reason I left pve personally. That and I got tired of telling pvers to rez themselves and run back.

I've seen people online Literally giving new players false information, or flat out mockery for asking though. While it isn't "insult" level of hostile, it is hostility nonetheless. The fact map and team chats are full of it doesn't mean the gamemode is Completely hostile, but it certainly gives the impression it is, when little else is said in those chats, and hostility begets hostility. For the rest of what you said, I agree completely

@Naxos.2503 said:

extreme combat skilled

U kinda loose the game

To be fair, people used to sit at spawn long before the Warclaw was introduced, like everything said in this thread, the only thing the Warclaw is really doing on this matter is magnifying an existing problem. Fully inactive players should not be rewarded in any capacity.

After Anet introduced the feature where you dont lose participation upon leaving wvw, wvwers dont pip down anymore (Aka staying afk at spawn) as much as they used to. It is much better to enter wvw on T6 participation instead of stsrting at t0. So it is a bit safe to assume that mostly pvers will stay afk to get pips and reward track progress. Plus there is also the issue of queues with the huge influx of players, where people wont leave a map cause they will have to wait to reenter it when they want to.

@"Naxos.2503" said:

I've seen people online Literally giving new players false information, or flat out mockery for asking though. While it isn't "insult" level of hostile, it is hostility nonetheless. The fact map and team chats are full of it doesn't mean the gamemode is Completely hostile, but it certainly gives the impression it is, when little else is said in those chats, and hostility begets hostility. For the rest of what you said, I agree completely

Well, this may be a malicious attitude, but I started to understand it.What answer may you give to a player during a siege against a tower if he asks " is this the keep?" The question itself asks for an acid answer, because it seems like trolling. It is not hard to move the mouse on the minimap icon to see what the objective is.What about a question of "What use have this levers" but after pulling the tactivators in an objective?

And so on. I don't agree with mockery or with false information on questions raised by the lack of certain knowledge. This is why you ask - because you don't know. But I don't know if I will be able to restrain myself anymore from giving an acid answer to a question raised because of laziness.

And another thing - you can send an private message to a player, saying "Hello" if you want to ask something. Claiming loud your total ignorance in the map chat (or sometimes in the Team Chat) is as if you ask for an acid answer.

@Balsa.3951 said:

extreme combat skilled

U kinda loose the game

Lets see. Wvwers vs pvers.Wvwer:Wont pip down (will have max participation when he/she reenters wvw. Much more handy to be at T6, instead of t0).Wont stay afk for reward track (trivial issue)Staying afk usually after comm says "5min break" or regrouping.Queues (noone wants to lose a spot in a populated map, just to wait for another hour to join his/her favorite mode).

Pver:Has every reason to pip down (wants to spend as little time in wvw as possible)Has every reason to afk for reward track progress (wants to spend as little time in wvw as possible)Staying afk with comm (regrouping, breaks)Queues (cant stand the wait for different reason, namely to just get over with the mount)

Now, who do you think is more likely to afk at spawn?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

extreme combat skilled

U kinda loose the game

Lets see. Wvwers vs pvers.Wvwer:Wont pip down (will have max participation when he/she reenters wvw. Much more handy to be at T6, instead of t0).Wont stay afk for reward track (trivial issue)Staying afk usually after comm says "5min break" or regrouping.Queues (noone wants to lose a spot in a populated map, just to wait for another hour to join his/her favorite mode).

Pver:Has every reason to pip down (wants to spend as little time in wvw as possible)Has every reason to afk for reward track progress (wants to spend as little time in wvw as possible)Staying afk with comm (regrouping, breaks)Queues (cant stand the wait for different reason, namely to just get over with the mount)

Got it Wvwler are the best ! except when they are forum wvwler than they have a superiority complex... kinda sad isnt it

@Balsa.3951 said:

extreme combat skilled

U kinda loose the game

Got it Wvwler are the best ! except when they are forum wvwler than they have a superiority complex... kinda sad isnt it

Lol. Here we go again.

@Balsa.3951 said:

extreme combat skilled

U kinda loose the game

Oh i get it now. You "troll", cause your arguments get debunked when youre presented with counter arguments. Rest assured, wvw has fatter and bigger trolls. Enjoy the dungeon

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"Naxos.2503" said:

I've seen people online Literally giving new players false information, or flat out mockery for asking though.
While it isn't "insult" level of hostile, it is hostility nonetheless. The fact map and team chats are full of it doesn't mean the gamemode is Completely hostile, but it certainly gives the impression it is, when little else is said in those chats, and hostility begets hostility. For the rest of what you said, I agree completely

Well, this may be a malicious attitude, but I started to understand it.What answer may you give to a player during a siege against a tower if he asks " is this the keep?" The question itself asks for an acid answer, because it seems like trolling. It is not hard to move the mouse on the minimap icon to see what the objective is.What about a question of "What use have this levers" but
after
pulling the tactivators in an objective?

And so on. I don't agree with mockery or with false information on questions raised by the lack of certain knowledge. This is why you ask - because you don't know. But I don't know if I will be able to restrain myself anymore from giving an acid answer to a question raised because of laziness.

And another thing - you can send an private message to a player, saying "Hello" if you want to ask something. Claiming loud your total ignorance in the map chat (or sometimes in the Team Chat) is as if you ask for an acid answer.

Incompetence does not equal malice. It's a fact. Acting like it is, is purposefully hostile. That's Hanlon's Razor, and I stand by it. I'll even give more detail to put what you mentionned into perspective : When I started WvW, I assumed Towers were in fact Keeps, because to my mind, a Keep is a tower behind a wall. That's how it translates in french : Keep is "Donjon" which is the central tower of a castle. It made sense to me at first, and it's only when the achievement Registered as Tower capture, that I realized I mistook it for something different. Things are not obvious to everyone. I learned, and even if I'm not a top tier WvW player, I learned it on my own, by making mistakes, and experimenting. I know what I'm good at, which is sabotage and defending walled objectives, and stick to it.

Seriously, compared to Raids or high fractals, WvW is not even close to be toxic. The only difference is that in the other examples - if you don't do your job, don't have the meta class/build, you get the boot - no discussion. In WvW the worst thing that can happen to you is someone complain about rangers on map chat or something like that.

Outside of these, the general PvE content can be completed with majority of the players just standing and using auto-attack. The meta-server ensures that the people you play with on this map will not be the same on the next one. So you don't care enough about anything to get mad.

When the new HoT was fresh content, and some meta events were considered hard - I saw the even a lot more of toxicity on map chat than you can currently see in WvW.That's because in these cases the incompetent people ruined the event for everyone. So the overall toxicity of the WvW is not higher than the PvE - it's just that the conditions for triggering toxicity are much higher in WvW - where your commitment matters.

Also what you might see in the WvW is map chat, but you don't see how often a polite whispers for build change or class change - or just simple advices from experienced WvW players are answered by: silence or outright Verbal attacks.

Archived