Art Issues: Characters, Weapons, Armor - [Merged]

Bug: Savage Scale Loincloth clips into the posterior of the largest norn female shape causing underwear to z-fight/flicker and reveal underwear dye. Needs adjustment of shrink-wrapping (this is common amongst other armors for the largest norn female shape and needs investigation).

Bug: Savage Scale Loincloth on norn and human males removes the bellybutton completely and needs to be replaced asap.

Bug: Jora's Armor clips into the hip of the largest norn female shape causing layer glitching (again with the largest norn female shape).

It makes me sad that two of the gem store armors are unusable by the very characters I bought them for who happen to have the largest norn female shape. 

Can you please show that your art team is not "shapist" and be more inclusive in the consistency of your releases?

despite the "controversy" various race implementation "problems"

i really like the Savage Scale Loincloth Skin on my human female.

the way many complaints could be reduced would be to simply  

allow the underwear to color the same as 2 button dye channel

which is the under utilized lower right of the quadrant of dyes.

this modest change would allow players to us the same dye under  

as the exposed parts of the skin, so we would not suffer contrast  

of the underwear bleeding above the top loincloth skin itself as 

a folding problem become obvious when i sit, squat, weapon, etc.

the black of the underwear shows above a light color of my scale.

no need to respond, i just wanted to throw this idea on the pile  

here in case anyone from development follows what is posted.

• Confused 1

When trying to use the savagescale loincloth and foefire cchest piece i notice there is a weird shadowy band that goes around your character's torso, at least for males. Not sure if it's something gin my settings or if the issue is with the textures or model itself. would love to know if i can fix it and if not me if anet plans on doing anything abt it

Does it look like a thin cut that slices your character into an upper and lower half?

I can see that on multiple armour combinations, for example using female Human T3 light armour chest piece with the Embroidered Pants.

I think it's related to leg armour that sits somewhat low on the pelvis bone.

Edited by Fueki.4753

Engineer rifle skill that follows auto attack, "Rifle Burst Grenade" (inconsistent name?) missing legendary projectile effect, I mean, it's a projectile and it's an auto attack right? Both Predator and HMS Divinity missing the effect, it's awkward shooting two visually different projectiles, an issue we don't have when using standard rifles. Jump Shot used to have sound and visual effects, and honestly, the effect of cracking the ground when touching it could be replaced with a splashing water effect and a flame filled explosion for the first two legendary rifles. Imo the new legendary weapons have extremely exaggerated effects while some old leggy weapons have almost none.

• 2 weeks later...

Asura

Male

Engineer

On the last face (with the blind eye) when character is holding a weapon (pistol, rifle, swords, etc.)/in combat the head does not connect to the body properly, the neck end of the head is visibly larger than the neck on the body. The shading also doesn't match, making this break even more jarring. It honestly looks like you're wearing someone elses face on top of yours like in some horror movie.

This effect appears on all asura male bodies but becomes worse on the latter ones. Does not seem to be affected by head size or height of character.

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/GRk7zRA

• 2 weeks later...

Asura female - double tight braids on character select screen has a gap on the top of her head and you can see through the character's head.... been like this for months.

Asura female - part of the left eye is shaded incorrectly on character select screen, looks like she has an eye infection. This appears on both my female asuras, been happening for months.

Asura broken hair + eye

Asura more gaps in hair on turning

On 1/10/2023 at 6:41 PM, kouplefruit.9631 said:

Asura female - part of the left eye is shaded incorrectly on character select screen, looks like she has an eye infection. This appears on both my female asuras, been happening for months.

This happens to every asura out there, since launch.

ANet please take a look at eye shaders, I beg ye 😞

Hi, I am having serious graphic issues with my character, it's all gray and none of my colours are showing, they are fine on the character select screen and fine in the previews, but it looks Necrotic "in game" -

I am also having issues "trying" to send a ticket. I am signed in, I click "Submit a Ticket" and it asks me to sign in again, I sign in and "Send a ticket has vanished and I end up on my Arena.net account page, I then click on "Problems with your account" and it loops me right back to the start and I am literally going round in circles! 2 Hours of this and trying to figure out how to send images is a real pain and 3 days trying to figure it out. I changed no settings, it simply just happened.

What's the point in pressing to send a ticket when FAQ's is all that returns? I need to send a ticket for something not even in the FAQ's.. This is frustrating to say the least. I had zero issues with getting to, in-game purchasing, no strange run-around in circles.

Yes, drivers are up to date and Comp' spec's are good. Started, restarted + Started, rested and restarted comp' and logged in & out many times - Still looks hurrendous!

I wish I could send pic's (you may vomit though) and I refuse to sign-up to use a 3rd party image uploader (I shouldn't need to) so if you could, could you please give me a direct link to send a ticket?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, looking like Petrified Gray Rock is not what I paid for 😛 Many thanks.

Edited by Metatron.8347
Extra info, Typo's + Gramma

Yes, could they be the problem? Any one's in particular? 😁 It's late here so I'll check to see which ones tomorrow. Funny you should say that because I've only just added a +5 Toughness/+9  Agony Resistance infusion and added it to Ascended Veilrender. Will confirm tomorrow.

All the best 👍

Edited by Metatron.8347

5 hours ago, Metatron.8347 said:

Yes, could they be the problem? Any one's in particular? 😁 It's late here so I'll check to see which ones tomorrow. Funny you should say that because I've only just added a +5 Toughness/+9  Agony Resistance infusion and added it to Ascended Veilrender. Will confirm tomorrow.

All the best 👍

To make it a bit easier, if you look like this, you have a stoneskin (or toyshell) infusion on you. If it's that, then you need to replace it with one that doesn't have the cosmetic effect:

https://imgur.com/f2gekl5

If it's not that, please provide a screenshot, and/or try to repair the game.

Edited by Marge.4035
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marge.4035 said:

To make it a bit easier, if you look like this, you have a stoneskin (or toyshell) infusion on you. If it's that, then you need to replace it with one that doesn't have the cosmetic effect:

OMG! You  - I checked first thing this morning and noticed it said "Stoneskin" - I took it off and voila, I am shiny again 😁

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction 💖 The game gets so fast-paced I may never have found that out in-game, I had no idea an infusion could or even would do that to my character, lol.

Many thanks again and have an awesome day 🙏

Edited by Metatron.8347
Grammatical edits
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When fighting weapons no longer are rendered. Combat works as normal, just no weapons visible.

Created a new character today after the patch. At certain times when playing, all weapons disappear. This seems to happen after I make a change to something affecting my character, like changing which glider I am using. I do have randomize glider, mail carrier, and outfit enabled.

If I summon my mount, weapons reappear but then disappear again once I enter combat. If I log out this seems to fix it, until I make a change to my character's appearance armor.

I am not sure exactly what changes to my appearance trigger the bug but it has happened every single time I have logged in today. (I have not tested this with other characters yet)

Race: Human

Sex: Male

Profession: Elementalist

Fighting with Staff

Fighting with scepter and focus

Current equipment

Edited by Grryphon.3468
clarification, more details
  • Thanks 1

Race: Human
Sex: Female
Class: Mesmer

Top: Carapace Vestments
Bottoms: Sorcerer's Pants
Hands: Winged Gloves

https://youtu.be/wAWIfdHhDFI

Most notably, the issue goes away when zoomed in almost all the way. But zooming out max can make it glitch around like in the video. It doesn't do this all the time, either. I've gone to different locations both new and old and most of the time it happens, but on a few rare occasions it doesn't. Most the time it does, and sometimes it's a lot worse than what's in the video.

Graphics are all maxed. Character model is maxed. Changing any of the settings to lower / raise it doesn't affect it at all.

Edited by Devastated.7540
Additional details