So to the people that say the playing field has been "evened", i have a question.

Anput.4620

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Anput.4620 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

That's the problem ... he's not adapting to the game. He's simply concluded mounts are bad and doesn't know a thing about how to interact with them in the game.

How does a warrior adapt to this change, or a sword weaver? Please elaborate your dismounting tactics here.

If you want to gank ppl or get them off mount to fight them, play a condi sword weaver.

I feel like if someone would rather run from me as a solo player in the open field they probably would not have been very interesting to fight anyway so no real loss . . .

It is not about interesting it is about killing the enemy in an open world PvP match.

If competitive fights are not your goal there are plenty of npcs around . . .

Player versus player combat, do i need to grab a dictionary for you too?

And what is it that makes pvp combat more interesting or engaging than fighting npcs, to your mind . . ?

Lolwhat, how can you even compare PvP to spamming 1 vs a camp?

I'm not, I'm asking you what makes them different to you. I know what makes them different to me, but your answer seems vary from mine . . .

@Anput.4620 said:

Why would i hate losing? Why do you assume every roamer is bad? You are saying that what i should do is run into a group of 10 people and die? What do you even expect here? Please elaborate on what this is supposed to mean. I like to run around on my greatsword warrior and get some kills, and now that i can't do that anymore i hate losing? What? Are you telling me that anyone that doesn't run into 5-10 players to get a fight that way is bad and just hates losing?

No no, you get me all wrong. I don't assume every roamer is bad... after our conversations today I assume YOU are bad at roaming. I don't expect you to run into a zerg, but you are looking for ONLY fights, which makes you a bad roamer. A GOOD roamer should also hit objectives, possibly do some basic scouting for zergs, maybe kill a person or two or be a general nuisance to the opposing enemies. Mounts wouldn't really effect you that much if you did those things. But instead you choose to not adapt to the new style of gameplay and instead insist we nerf a mount to the ground so you can get a few more kills.

I gave you an option to get all the fights you want, but you said it's because you would be solo in the pvp maps. I've played solo in pvp, it's not as bad as you think. However I INFERRED that you don't like solo queuing in pvp becuase you hate losing, otherwise what would be the problem?

I care about skillful PvP, not pressing 1 vs a door or some mobs. Tell me, what do i gain for being a "good" roamer? I ment that i like solo smallscale fights, i don't care for teamfights in MMO's, same reason i hated WoW bg's but like 2v2 arena and world PvP.

I'm a solo roamer and I'm also in it for the fights. So I roam from camp to camp, killing sentries and guards along the way for WvW experience. If I see other players, I try to engage them. Some are game, some aren't. No big deal. Ultimately, if they want to stop me capturing objectives they'll have to fight me. The warclaw has only improved my experience because it gets me where I'm going faster and makes escaping zergs easier.

I really don't understand the issue with it at all. So what if a few zerglings get away? Does that matter so much? Besides, they're adding a dismount skill at some point. Won't that resolve the issue for you?

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Strange. I play scourge and i cant find the permaevade button, the 15k+ backstabs out of permastealth, or the 1800 attack range, or the permasustain on my character. Please fix.Classes are good at something. Others at zerging, others excel at roaming. However, if you have issues killing a scourge as a thief or ranger, buddy, I have news for you...

But mounts made those useless, so i heard the field has been evened yet those classes can't suddenly do well in zergs while every slow class can now avoid any fight at will for free. So if roaming is dead and unviable and Zerg is the only thing now then that makes those other classes very bad, yet i hear everyone say things are fair now?

I literally can't roam except if i pick ranger with full zerk with a longbow, then i can be just little under half as effective as before, but my other specs can't do anything. So how do i use my Thieves in the TRUE WVW PLAYSTYLE of spamming AoE vs mobs when i have no aoe :/

@Voltekka.2375 said:Strange. I play scourge and i cant find the permaevade button, the 15k+ backstabs out of permastealth, or the 1800 attack range, or the permasustain on my character. Please fix.Classes are good at something. Others at zerging, others excel at roaming. However, if you have issues killing a scourge as a thief or ranger, buddy, I have news for you...

Maybe not, but you do get most of the benefits of the daredevil elite spec with warclaw.

Your point that classes are good at different things is correct, but there's a lot of issues at the moment with new content granting skills that bleed into another profession's defined strengths with little drawback, making the other profession worth less overall as a result. Mobility and mounts is one example, new sneak gyro and shadow refuge would be another. Or, just granting too much in general, to the exclusion of everything else; PvE chrono comes to mind here.

If the thing you are good at has been gutted/made unplayable you might aswell be good at nothing.

I don't know what game you're playing, but I see daredevil, deadeye and even plenty of core thief builds everywhere I go when roaming. Daredevil especially is practically unkillable and uncatchable. If you're struggling, it isn't the class in this case. Grab a shortbow and l2p, bud.

That's the problem ... he's not adapting to the game. He's simply concluded mounts are bad and doesn't know a thing about how to interact with them in the game.

How does a warrior adapt to this change, or a sword weaver? Please elaborate your dismounting tactics here.

Maybe they can't ... and there isn't a problem with that. It's not a problem that every class doesn't have good access to every thing. That's why there are things called teams and people in them doing something called 'teamwork'. You should try it. It's amazing. It's how good players do things.

That is a problem because that means it is overpowered and unbalanced.

No, that's never been the case. There are lots of classes that can't do many things ... that doesn't mean they are underpowered or under balanced at all. The kind of thinking you exhibit doesn't make sense because at the end of the day, you have to make choices for ONE BUILD, so even if a class is good at something, you might not choose to do that thing. In short, you couldn't be more wrong about the abilities classes should have and how that translates into game balance.

Even if Class X was good at dismounting ... that doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that the person playing it will make a dismounting build. That's precisely the reason why every class DOESN'T need to have a way to adapt to mounts. If you want to dismount players, make good choices to do so if that's indeed such a huge thing for how you play the game.

What I really think here is that you don't want to work for dismounting players, because you simply don't like mounts. You're one of these players that thinks if we have enough 1000 page threads about it, Anet will nerf them. At least it's entertaining ... my advice is that you better get over yourself here because mounts aren't going anywhere.

There is literally no build capable of easilly dismounting people, longbow soulbeast is the only one that has a decent chance.

My condi daredevil. Get the doom proc ready on your bar, make sure P/D is equipped for the sigils, then use the maul skill. Applies 4 bleed and 3 poison from doom, dismounts which procs geomancy and doom a second time for a total of 7 bleed and 6 poison stacks, all from the mount maul skill and sigil procs.

With those stats, poison does 163 damage per second per stack, bleed does 111 damage per second per stack. So that's 978 poison damage per second plus 777 bleed damage per second for a total of 1755 condi damage per second, which will dismount a player with 10972 health in 6.25 seconds, so 7 seconds to allow for condi damage applying in intervals of once per second. The stacks last between 11 and 14 seconds, so simply pressing one button on my build forces them to dismount and cleanse, or be knocked off by the condis. It really doesn't get much easier than that, and literally every class can do it.

So let's say, you are roaming, taking a sentry in enemy territory, you see a mounted enemy in the distance, they see you and start to turn around, now tell me how you would engage that.

Everything you said there is wrong. Anet decides how the game works, not players. You don't know who likes the mount. What any PVP focused community of any game thinks is irrelevant to GW2. What is relevant is how Anet wants the game to work. False statements do not make a compelling argument for change.

I think he's basing all judgments after his friends left the game to play Apex as opposed to actually playing WvW. For example I can used biased data to show that only one of my guildies stopped playing as he hated mounts, and went to GW1 instead lol, but everyone else likes the mounts. My running theory was that his friends were looking for an excuse to quit gw2 anyway.

Aren't you a PvE player? You ment your PvE guild? The person in my WvW guild says he has met no one pro-mounts yet, nor in my roaming guild, where many people quit. I have tried the WvW, i could get 1 fight in an evening of playing my Engie, 1 fight with my Ele, 2 with my Thief and a few with my Soulbeast, the amount of times i dismounted someone there was maybe twice in total, where both where on Soulbeast too. That is hours of playtime to get a fight.

These friends of mine loved the game, they roamed almost every day, why would they need an excuse to quit?

That's funny. I roamed all day today and had tons of fights. Odd that you could go hours with barely any. I'm going to guess you're exaggerating to make a point, but color me unconvinced.

Nope, the 1 fight i had on my weaver was a duel vs a thief for example. Also, i don't consider 5 people jumping on me to oneshot me a fight, like when the holo just ran in circles on his mount on a camp til 2 of his guildies came.

Again, I'm skeptical that this is all the fighting you came across in "hours" of roaming. I roam every day and have seen no shortage of enemies. Zergs and roaming groups happen. They were a thing before and they still are. That's just WvW. Honestly, you just seem like you're dissatisfied with WvW and the warclaw is a convenient target. It really changes very little for roaming beyond the occasional camp troll or zergling that gets away (both of which happened prior to the warclaw as well!).

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Why would i hate losing? Why do you assume every roamer is bad? You are saying that what i should do is run into a group of 10 people and die? What do you even expect here? Please elaborate on what this is supposed to mean. I like to run around on my greatsword warrior and get some kills, and now that i can't do that anymore i hate losing? What? Are you telling me that anyone that doesn't run into 5-10 players to get a fight that way is bad and just hates losing?

No no, you get me all wrong. I don't assume every roamer is bad... after our conversations today I assume YOU are bad at roaming. I don't expect you to run into a zerg, but you are looking for ONLY fights, which makes you a bad roamer. A GOOD roamer should also hit objectives, possibly do some basic scouting for zergs, maybe kill a person or two or be a general nuisance to the opposing enemies. Mounts wouldn't really effect you that much if you did those things. But instead you choose to not adapt to the new style of gameplay and instead insist we nerf a mount to the ground so you can get a few more kills.

I gave you an option to get all the fights you want, but you said it's because you would be solo in the pvp maps. I've played solo in pvp, it's not as bad as you think. However I INFERRED that you don't like solo queuing in pvp becuase you hate losing, otherwise what would be the problem?

I care about skillful PvP, not pressing 1 vs a door or some mobs. Tell me, what do i gain for being a "good" roamer? I ment that i like solo smallscale fights, i don't care for teamfights in MMO's, same reason i hated WoW bg's but like 2v2 arena and world PvP.

I'm a solo roamer and I'm also in it for the fights. So I roam from camp to camp, killing sentries and guards along the way for WvW experience. If I see other players, I try to engage them. Some are game, some aren't. No big deal. Ultimately, if they want to stop me capturing objectives they'll have to fight me. The warclaw has only improved my experience because it gets me where I'm going faster and makes escaping zergs easier.

I really don't understand the issue with it at all. So what if a few zerglings get away? Does that matter so much? Besides, they're adding a dismount skill at some point. Won't that resolve the issue for you?

In my experience it tends to be more then 70% of solo people who run, and I'm not talking about going from garri to bay, this is like green/blue team going to the northern camps

@Anput.4620 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:I want to have my cake and eat it too because it's both delicious and pretty. How about you? Why do you want your cake and eat it too?

I don't though, right now i, and many others can't play the game how we want to, while zergers can, without risk, you got your cake and you are eating it too, while before, everyone could play the game how they want to in a viable way, everyone had their cake.

Or are you saying zerging has been literally unplayable before the mount?

Question; if ANet nerfed a particular warrior trait that you use into the floor so your build was no longer viable, would you complain this much about being unable to play how you liked or would you find another warrior build to play that could still roam effectively? Or would you change class even? How is this scenario different to mounts making melee roaming builds unviable, and why won't you just find another build or class that can actually roam effectively?

Why wouldn't you complain? Something shouldn't be nerfed into unviability, that is not balanced, that is just the easy way out, making something balanced but not too strong is the goal.

Also, lieterally nothing works, that's why, except longbow ranger with about 20% of the success chance of any roaming build before mounts. The amount of builds they have killed, said builds not being able to do what they did, is anything than i have ever seen before in any game, which is virtually every build except longbow ranger and maybe some cheese DD build which have technically also been nerfeed by 80% in success rate.

Not being able to dismount people does not "kill" a roaming build. I play a condi build that doesn't deal enough damage from range to dismount players who are trying to escape. I still get fights. Why? Because you can't stop me from capturing camps unless you fight. I also don't care at all about giving up the advantage of mounting if it will get other players to engage me. So when I want to fight, I make it perfectly clear by pouncing the other mount. If they want to fight, good. If not, then run away. No big deal. I'll find more fights.

As I said, I look forward to a dismount skill and I think they could easily design it to avoid the obvious issues caused by evades/leaps and differences in movement speed. I suggested modifying the chain ability to function as a slowing effect that prevents the mount from leaping. The idea being that it would allow you to close the distance (once you're in range to use it, of course) and ensure that when you dismount the other player is also dismounted.

Everyone should be happy with that. Zerglings get back to their zerg faster, but without virtual immunity. And trolling camp captures by riding around on your mount with no intention of actually fighting will go away as well.

Zerglings cant fight back. Easy kill which gives one a sense of superiority

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Anput.4620 said:They work for one build of 1 class and only sometimes if they don't see you? That is very much not balanced. The balance of effort needed to escape and effort needed to dismount is not evenly balanced and very much so impossible for most, and slightly possible for rangers, also, no one should be entitled to any kills, however anyone should be entitled to a dismount, which the modes core design, classes core design, and maps core design is build of, as everyone used to be dismounted.

I showed you earlier how any class can force a dismount using the mount just by being condi. If I use thief skills, I only need steal and swapon swap, both of which are instant cast. Stealth is completely unnecessary for dismounting someone, if you actually tried it or listened to any feedback you'd know that.

Just nerf the movement speed and amount of dodges and there would be zero problems, but nope, that is too simple amirite. Tell me if with nerfs, how 2 dodges, permaswiftness, and a barrier arent straight free upgrades to your arsenal that are basically mandatory still, also disregarding all the other utility it offers even.

I never actually said I had a problem with nerfing warclaw. I was just pointing out your total refusal to learn to adapt to a change, and how you instead demand that everyone fulfill your PvP fantasies. Nobody has any obligation to play the game the way you want to play it, people have always run from fights, the only difference is now they can reliably deny you a lootbag by doing so. Stop being so entitled.

For someone to have to swap classes, all play the same 1 thing and only kill 1 person every 20 minutes is just
very kitten
. No one with half a brain will be dismounted, luckily some people are stupid(a lot in WvW for some reason).

Again, you can dismount on any class, and if you never expect to have to change your build to keep up with balance, that's silliness on your part.

You also still didn't answer why you think that thieves or mesmers or rangers should not be entitled to successful gameplay while necros are entitled to sucessful gameplay which yields 20x the lootbags of the aforementioned classes? I mean, arent necros the most broken WvW class of PoF?

So clearly I imagined typing this;

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Thieves and rangers excel at scouting, havok, contesting objectives and denying supply lines to the other team, forcing them to send players away from their primary objective to deal with a small number of players. You know, all the stuff that you're too busy to do because you're chasing individual players around the map like a dog chasing a car.

Funny that.

@Anput.4620 said:Also why did you completely ignore:

A kill grants as much warscore as a camps tick, so the server does benefit, you can also dwindle their reinforcements, or prevent said solo people from flipping things.
You can forcefully stop roamers through PvP means, with actual gameplay

And this;

@Anput.4620 said:You can forcefully stop roamers through PvP means, with actual gameplay, which is competitive.Well, evidently you can't, since you can't catch people on mounts.

I answered you sarcastically, but I did not ignore the comment. So are you able to do those things, or aren't you?

@Anput.4620 said:Which makes your flip argument completely invalid?

How so? My point was to show that both opinions basically boil down to someone saying "stop playing in a way I don't care for" using the exact same subjective arguments, that was clearly lost on you.

....do you read anything that people reply to you with? Do you know how much stuff you've just ignored in this thread, and then you call me out on something you think I ignored, when I didn't? lol xD

How am i the entitled one when i am the one that wants to engage in PvP in a PvP mode, how isn't the person that wants their free out of jail card the entitled one? You really can't excuse this bullshit, no, not any class can dismount someone, you can't even catch a mount with most classes, the situation i provided, you didn't even answer, you just told me WeLl tHeN yOu GoT a SeNtRy without telling me how to dismount someone, the way i want to play is how any world pvp game is played, freedom of engagement on the attacker, which makes complete sense.

If people have half a brain they won't be dismounted by you and will be long gone before you even reach them.

Also, stop listing PvE as successful gameplay in a PvP mode, literally no ranger or thief that i know plays purely to PvE in WvW.

If you think that a game that has been like this for 6 years should be changed just so you can avoid all combat then you are the entitled one, everyone could play how they want before but now not everyone can. There is zero reason anyone should have free safe passage in any open world PvP game, you know that this is inexcusable yet people keep supporting it just because it means they can play without risk.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

If you want to gank ppl or get them off mount to fight them, play a condi sword weaver.

I feel like if someone would rather run from me as a solo player in the open field they probably would not have been very interesting to fight anyway so no real loss . . .

It is not about interesting it is about killing the enemy in an open world PvP match.

And what is it that makes pvp combat more interesting or engaging than fighting npcs, to your mind . . ?

I'm not, I'm asking you what makes them different to you. I know what makes them different to me, but your answer seems vary from mine . . .

You asked how PvE combat was engaging, please elaborate on why spamming 1 vs a camp is engaging and interactive compared to that 1 day before mounts where i 1v2d 2 DH's on my ranger.

You say a few get away, about 90% of people get away now, zergling or not, being out of possition means nothing, also, what will a dismount skill do if there is still no reliable way to catch up with mounts? Also if it can be dodged, assuming you can even catch up, which you can't, they have 3 dodges and you have nothing to bait it with and no way in hell will they make it undodgable.

But mounts made those useless, so i heard the field has been evened yet those classes can't suddenly do well in zergs while every slow class can now avoid any fight at will for free. So if roaming is dead and unviable and Zerg is the only thing now then that makes those other classes very bad, yet i hear everyone say things are fair now?

I literally can't roam except if i pick ranger with full zerk with a longbow, then i can be just little under half as effective as before, but my other specs can't do anything. So how do i use my Thieves in the TRUE WVW PLAYSTYLE of spamming AoE vs mobs when i have no aoe :/

Maybe not, but you do get most of the benefits of the daredevil elite spec with warclaw.

Your point that classes are good at different things is correct, but there's a lot of issues at the moment with new content granting skills that bleed into another profession's defined strengths with little drawback, making the other profession worth less overall as a result. Mobility and mounts is one example, new sneak gyro and shadow refuge would be another. Or, just granting too much in general, to the exclusion of everything else; PvE chrono comes to mind here.

If the thing you are good at has been gutted/made unplayable you might aswell be good at nothing.

I don't know what game you're playing, but I see daredevil, deadeye and even plenty of core thief builds everywhere I go when roaming. Daredevil especially is practically unkillable and uncatchable. If you're struggling, it isn't the class in this case. Grab a shortbow and l2p, bud.

Maybe they can't ... and there isn't a problem with that. It's not a problem that every class doesn't have good access to every thing. That's why there are things called teams and people in them doing something called 'teamwork'. You should try it. It's amazing. It's how good players do things.

That is a problem because that means it is overpowered and unbalanced.

No, that's never been the case. There are lots of classes that can't do many things ... that doesn't mean they are underpowered or under balanced at all. The kind of thinking you exhibit doesn't make sense because at the end of the day, you have to make choices for ONE BUILD, so even if a class is good at something, you might not choose to do that thing. In short, you couldn't be more wrong about the abilities classes should have and how that translates into game balance.

Even if Class X was good at dismounting ... that doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that the person playing it will make a dismounting build. That's precisely the reason why every class DOESN'T need to have a way to adapt to mounts. If you want to dismount players, make good choices to do so if that's indeed such a huge thing for how you play the game.

What I really think here is that you don't want to work for dismounting players, because you simply don't like mounts. You're one of these players that thinks if we have enough 1000 page threads about it, Anet will nerf them. At least it's entertaining ... my advice is that you better get over yourself here because mounts aren't going anywhere.

There is literally no build capable of easilly dismounting people, longbow soulbeast is the only one that has a decent chance.

My condi daredevil. Get the doom proc ready on your bar, make sure P/D is equipped for the sigils, then use the maul skill. Applies 4 bleed and 3 poison from doom, dismounts which procs geomancy and doom a second time for a total of 7 bleed and 6 poison stacks, all from the mount maul skill and sigil procs.

With those stats, poison does 163 damage per second per stack, bleed does 111 damage per second per stack. So that's 978 poison damage per second plus 777 bleed damage per second for a total of 1755 condi damage per second, which will dismount a player with 10972 health in 6.25 seconds, so 7 seconds to allow for condi damage applying in intervals of once per second. The stacks last between 11 and 14 seconds, so simply pressing one button on my build forces them to dismount and cleanse, or be knocked off by the condis. It really doesn't get much easier than that, and literally every class can do it.

So let's say, you are roaming, taking a sentry in enemy territory, you see a mounted enemy in the distance, they see you and start to turn around, now tell me how you would engage that.

Everything you said there is wrong. Anet decides how the game works, not players. You don't know who likes the mount. What any PVP focused community of any game thinks is irrelevant to GW2. What is relevant is how Anet wants the game to work. False statements do not make a compelling argument for change.

I think he's basing all judgments after his friends left the game to play Apex as opposed to actually playing WvW. For example I can used biased data to show that only one of my guildies stopped playing as he hated mounts, and went to GW1 instead lol, but everyone else likes the mounts. My running theory was that his friends were looking for an excuse to quit gw2 anyway.

Aren't you a PvE player? You ment your PvE guild? The person in my WvW guild says he has met no one pro-mounts yet, nor in my roaming guild, where many people quit. I have tried the WvW, i could get 1 fight in an evening of playing my Engie, 1 fight with my Ele, 2 with my Thief and a few with my Soulbeast, the amount of times i dismounted someone there was maybe twice in total, where both where on Soulbeast too. That is hours of playtime to get a fight.

These friends of mine loved the game, they roamed almost every day, why would they need an excuse to quit?

That's funny. I roamed all day today and had tons of fights. Odd that you could go hours with barely any. I'm going to guess you're exaggerating to make a point, but color me unconvinced.

Nope, the 1 fight i had on my weaver was a duel vs a thief for example. Also, i don't consider 5 people jumping on me to oneshot me a fight, like when the holo just ran in circles on his mount on a camp til 2 of his guildies came.

Again, I'm skeptical that this is all the fighting you came across in "hours" of roaming. I roam every day and have seen no shortage of enemies. Zergs and roaming groups happen. They were a thing before and they still are. That's just WvW. Honestly, you just seem like you're dissatisfied with WvW and the warclaw is a convenient target. It really changes very little for roaming beyond the occasional camp troll or zergling that gets away (both of which happened prior to the warclaw as well!).

Nope, i loved the game before this, i just only play solo.

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:I want to have my cake and eat it too because it's both delicious and pretty. How about you? Why do you want your cake and eat it too?

I don't though, right now i, and many others can't play the game how we want to, while zergers can, without risk, you got your cake and you are eating it too, while before, everyone could play the game how they want to in a viable way, everyone had their cake.

Or are you saying zerging has been literally unplayable before the mount?

Question; if ANet nerfed a particular warrior trait that you use into the floor so your build was no longer viable, would you complain this much about being unable to play how you liked or would you find another warrior build to play that could still roam effectively? Or would you change class even? How is this scenario different to mounts making melee roaming builds unviable, and why won't you just find another build or class that can actually roam effectively?

Why wouldn't you complain? Something shouldn't be nerfed into unviability, that is not balanced, that is just the easy way out, making something balanced but not too strong is the goal.

Also, lieterally nothing works, that's why, except longbow ranger with about 20% of the success chance of any roaming build before mounts. The amount of builds they have killed, said builds not being able to do what they did, is anything than i have ever seen before in any game, which is virtually every build except longbow ranger and maybe some cheese DD build which have technically also been nerfeed by 80% in success rate.

Not being able to dismount people does not "kill" a roaming build. I play a condi build that doesn't deal enough damage from range to dismount players who are trying to escape. I still get fights. Why? Because you can't stop me from capturing camps unless you fight. I also don't care at all about giving up the advantage of mounting if it will get other players to engage me. So when I want to fight, I make it perfectly clear by pouncing the other mount. If they want to fight, good. If not, then run away. No big deal. I'll find more fights.

As I said, I look forward to a dismount skill and I think they could easily design it to avoid the obvious issues caused by evades/leaps and differences in movement speed. I suggested modifying the chain ability to function as a slowing effect that prevents the mount from leaping. The idea being that it would allow you to close the distance (once you're in range to use it, of course) and ensure that when you dismount the other player is also dismounted.

Everyone should be happy with that. Zerglings get back to their zerg faster, but without virtual immunity. And trolling camp captures by riding around on your mount with no intention of actually fighting will go away as well.

These people don't give a shit about your camp, they will gladly let you flip it even so they can flip it back for their PPT, about every new zergling in favour on mounts seem to just ktrain for ppt and karma.

Like you said, aslong as they don't nerf movespeed to swiftwalk they won't be able to design it in a way where you can actually catch up with mounts.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Yeah, when i attack a zergling they just get stunned for 30 seconds.

I can't do shit in a blob yet i don't complain about that? When i go help the blob i am equally "useless" and "disadvantaged".

@Anput.4620 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You asked how PvE combat was engaging, please elaborate on why spamming 1 vs a camp is engaging and interactive compared to that 1 day before mounts where i 1v2d 2 DH's on my ranger.

That's not an answer. I know that pve combat is not engaging, The difference between you and I seems to be that I also know that pvp combat vs players that do not want to pvp is equally unengaging. You are not there yet. I am here to help you make that next step. So, again, I ask the question that you failed to answer once arlready: why do you wish to engage in pvp vs players who do not wish to pvp . . ?

@Anput.4620 said:

@Anput.4620 said:All i hear on these forums is "I want to have my cake and eat it too."

Must be the echo in the room you are in.

Then where is zerg viability on thieves and rangers? Everyone should be good at their own thing changed to the only things that should exist are the things i am good at, you are not just backwards, you are completely inside out.

That makes no sense and is completely irrelevant to the discussion anyways. Thief and Ranger Zerg viability doesn't mean they aren't good at something.

Anet is directing the game in a way you don't like; you have literally two choices here: you can adapt to the situation and make some choices in how you play ... or you can stop playing that game mode. The idea that starting a thread to argue with players who like the mount is in no way going to change the fact that Anet added the mount with it's intended purpose. Arguing with players simply isn't going to make any point you have or be a compelling reason to change what is happening in the game.

@Anput.4620 said:

Yeah, when i attack a zergling they just get stunned for 30 seconds.

I can't do kitten in a blob yet i don't complain about that? When i go help the blob i am equally "useless" and "disadvantaged".

Don't go help the blob, you are a hindrance. Are you a roamer? Backcap. Flip camps, kill yaks, kill players running back to their zerg (it's harder now, but isn't that fair given how easy it's been for the past six years?) Use siege. Use consumables. I'm sure you already know all of this so pls don't report me for trolling :(

WvW was not designed to be 1v1 PvP. Pure and simple. It's a game mode designed for large scale fights to try to capture enemy territory to force other people to either defend or attack to take it back. If the Devs only wanted Player vs. Player then why would they include structures and areas for people to fight over and try to control? If they wanted it to be PvP then they would just have a large open area where everybody meets and clashes together to duke it out. What you are trying to do is force a 1v1 scenario in because you do not like sPvP, because you have to rely on others or the builds are too constricting in sPvP. It is well known that in WvW there are certain areas where individuals congregate to duel each other in a 1v1. I would suggest that you locate those areas and hang out there and participate in those duels. Most people will leave the duelists alone because they know that is what they are doing.

Games change over time. If they don't they become stagnant and boring. The Mount was a huge shake up to WvW, and one I greatly appreciated. It has forced people to rethink how to play WvW. It has given new life to WvW and brought some new blood in. All those people that are resistant to change are either throwing a conniption fit or rage quit because they will not conform to change and adapt. If a game doesn't change it will surely die. As I have said in a post before, if you want to claim that a Mount is unfair for someone on foot then go back in time and tell all those people that figured out they could use Horses, Elephants, Camels, Motorcycles, Cars, Boats, Aircraft, etc. during warfare that they are wrong for doing so. That it takes away the ability for a foot soldier to be able to kill a person in combat. That should not be! Nobody in war should be able to find some kind of safe way of getting their soldiers to the battle without the risk of a single person being able to kill another person.

Not like anything I said will matter because Logic holds no water here with you. You will just disregard everything I said and find some way to pigeon hole it back to your point of view and once again we will all be off chasing our tails in circles.

@Anput.4620 said:How am i the entitled one when i am the one that wants to engage in PvP in a PvP mode, how isn't the person that wants their free out of jail card the entitled one? You really can't excuse this kitten, no, not any class can dismount someone, you can't even catch a mount with most classes, the situation i provided, you didn't even answer, you just told me WeLl tHeN yOu GoT a SeNtRy without telling me how to dismount someone, the way i want to play is how any world pvp game is played, freedom of engagement on the attacker, which makes complete sense.

You provided a scenario, I had previously showed you how to dismount someone using only mount skills and sigil procs (can anyone use mount skills and sigil procs? Yes Dave, yes they can), and I then showed you how to force him to fight on your terms not his. That's pretty much thief 101 and the absolute basics of roaming, if you don't understand that I really can't help you.

If people have half a brain they won't be dismounted by you and will be long gone before you even reach them.

Again, stop chasing cars like a deranged canine and give them a reason to come to you. This is basic tactics, really really basic.

Also, stop listing PvE as successful gameplay in a PvP mode, literally no ranger or thief that i know plays purely to PvE in WvW.

You want fights. I'm literally telling you how to get fights. In PvP you don't fight off node unless you already control that node, because people will just move onto the next objective and you need to give them a reason to fight you. It's the same logic. Take the objective, and force people to come to you. Boom, you got fights.

If you think that a game that has been like this for 6 years should be changed just so you can avoid all combat then you are the entitled one, everyone could play how they want before but now not everyone can. There is zero reason anyone should have free safe passage in any open world PvP game, you know that this is inexcusable yet people keep supporting it just because it means they can play without risk.

Firstly, people couldn't play how they liked after the first year of the game, because the meta builds for each class were firmly worked out by then and if you play something that's ineffective for a mode you get your behind handed to you.

Secondly, I already said that I don't care for warclaw one way or another, I only unlocked it a couple of days ago. Since the patch I've been killing mounted players, because you don't need a mount to get kills if you force people to come to you. People have always avoided fights they didn't want, literally nothing has changed here. You're the one who doesn't want to adapt to a change, looks for fights like a dog chasing cars, and then complains that he doesn't get fights. Seriously, never join the armed forces or anything in real life, people with your level of strategic thinking are only useful as meat shields.

Lastly, if you had any pride in your ability to PvP you wouldn't care if runners you'd kill easily got away, you'd be looking for the guys that want to fight, that build for 1v1 or 1vX and who actively hunt you down. The people you're talking about being unable to catch are zerg builds or those not geared for 1v1, which is why they run. So you're not actually looking for fights, you're looking for easy kills to stroke your ego. That's why you're entitled, you've been just as entitled for the last six years, and now mounts are here you're getting called out on it. I'm sorry but I won't give you any ground on that.

@Anput.4620 said:

@AliamRationem.5172 said:As ANet has announced their plans to add a skill to dismount other players to the warclaw, I think it's safe to say that their intention was not to allow the current degree of freedom to players wandering the battlegrounds of WvW.

I'm a solo roamer and I really love the warclaw, but I look forward to this dismount skill. While I don't mind the way things are currently (I'm not particularly upset about not being able to fight those players who don't want to fight!), I also see no reason why players need to be virtually immune to being pulled into combat in WvW. It seems to me that for zerglings rushing back to their zerg, increased movement speed is enough of a boon on its own. It seems to me that a dismount skill brings with it more positives than negatives.

I'm not against any dismount skill ... I just don't think what was happening prior to the introduction of the mount is appropriate.

How wasn't it appropriate for a world pvp mode? Everyone could play the game just fine.

I already gave you my speculation on how it wasn't appropriate. Maybe you should pay some attention. Again, Anet is making changes to direct play and I suspect it's because they think it's better for the game in the long term. I don't see a problem with changes that direct play towards the objectives of the game mode ... like stealth changes and mounts do for WvW. I guess that's far too abstract for you.

Quantity over quality, it is better for making more money off of the gamemode, not actually improving the game mode, which is all they care about really, otherwise we would have seem similiar changes in this direction within these 6 years.

Maybe ... I won't speculate further to fuel an argument. I don't have a crystal ball. Besides, even if what you say is true, you still don't think it was intended? Cash grab? OK ... I mean, this game isn't a philanthropy project ... it's a business.

What I do know ... Anet wants to provide more direction to WvW play. Mounts and other changes did that.

Providing direction? You mean cater to casuals so there are more people to buy their kitten even though it has shown again and again that any game that caters to casuals becomes objectively worse over time a la WoW even though remaining players because of the sheer quantity of casuals?

Yeah sure, whatever you want to call it. If that's the direction Anet wants the game to go, then your argument against it is completely irrelevant. I mean, it's completely ridiculous to complain the game caters to casuals ... it's the whole market the game has targeted since day 1.

If catering to casuals is what makes this business work, then yeah, they are going to do it, because it's a business, not an academic project or charity. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.

If you just want to admit the game is being dumbed down because it makes more money doesn't mean that it isn't a bad thing for the game.

Sorry, missed this responce

I won't appeal to your poetic license ... I don't think Anet directing the game with changes to it is dumbing it down at all and again, I don't have a crystal ball, so I won't fuel your speculation it's bad for the game.

I will admit it's clearly bad for you ... but like I said already, that's a small risk to take, especially if you on the fringe of what Anet wants people playing WvW to be doing anyways. From where I sit, this seems like a really well thought out change from Anet. Just because you're bitter and salty doesn't mean it's a bad change for the game or it makes the game dumber. If you can't have an objective discussion with people, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously? How will you avoid getting sanctions taken against you on the forums?

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:WvW was not designed to be 1v1 PvP. Pure and simple. It's a game mode designed for large scale fights to try to capture enemy territory to force other people to either defend or attack to take it back. If the Devs only wanted Player vs. Player then why would they include structures and areas for people to fight over and try to control? If they wanted it to be PvP then they would just have a large open area where everybody meets and clashes together to duke it out. What you are trying to do is force a 1v1 scenario in because you do not like sPvP, because you have to rely on others or the builds are too constricting in sPvP. It is well known that in WvW there are certain areas where individuals congregate to duel each other in a 1v1. I would suggest that you locate those areas and hang out there and participate in those duels. Most people will leave the duelists alone because they know that is what they are doing.

Games change over time. If they don't they become stagnant and boring. The Mount was a huge shake up to WvW, and one I greatly appreciated. It has forced people to rethink how to play WvW. It has given new life to WvW and brought some new blood in. All those people that are resistant to change are either throwing a conniption fit or rage quit because they will not conform to change and adapt. If a game doesn't change it will surely die. As I have said in a post before, if you want to claim that a Mount is unfair for someone on foot then go back in time and tell all those people that figured out they could use Horses, Elephants, Camels, Motorcycles, Cars, Boats, Aircraft, etc. during warfare that they are wrong for doing so. That it takes away the ability for a foot soldier to be able to kill a person in combat. That should not be! Nobody in war should be able to find some kind of safe way of getting their soldiers to the battle without the risk of a single person being able to kill another person.

Not like anything I said will matter because Logic holds no water here with you. You will just disregard everything I said and find some way to pigeon hole it back to your point of view and once again we will all be off chasing our tails in circles.

While technically true, this does not indicate that 1v1 is not a part of WvW or that it is somehow discouraged. I would also argue that there is no driving need to have the degree of impunity granted by the warclaw to players who wish to avoid such encounters. Again, I'm not agreeing with the OP. I'm completely in favor of the warclaw even though, like the OP, I am 100% a roamer, rarely zerging and generally going solo the vast majority of the time. But at the same time I don't see a good argument for the status quo, which is why I welcome some sort of dismount mechanic added to the mount.

As I said, I think this would be agreeable to both sides as zerglings would still get back to the zerg faster, trolls would no longer be able to troll capture points, and roamers would be able to catch some of those easy kills to keep their blood lust satisfied in between the real fights!

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:WvW was not designed to be 1v1 PvP. Pure and simple. It's a game mode designed for large scale fights to try to capture enemy territory to force other people to either defend or attack to take it back. If the Devs only wanted Player vs. Player then why would they include structures and areas for people to fight over and try to control? If they wanted it to be PvP then they would just have a large open area where everybody meets and clashes together to duke it out. What you are trying to do is force a 1v1 scenario in because you do not like sPvP, because you have to rely on others or the builds are too constricting in sPvP. It is well known that in WvW there are certain areas where individuals congregate to duel each other in a 1v1. I would suggest that you locate those areas and hang out there and participate in those duels. Most people will leave the duelists alone because they know that is what they are doing.

While technically true, this does not indicate that 1v1 is not a part of WvW or that it is somehow discouraged. I would also argue that there is no driving need to have the degree of impunity granted by the warclaw to players who wish to avoid such encounters. Again, I'm not agreeing with the OP. I'm completely in favor of the warclaw even though, like the OP, I am 100% a roamer, rarely zerging and generally going solo the vast majority of the time. But at the same time I don't see a good argument for the status quo, which is why I welcome some sort of dismount mechanic added to the mount.

As I said, I think this would be agreeable to both sides as zerglings would still get back to the zerg faster, trolls would no longer be able to troll capture points, and roamers would be able to catch some of those easy kills to keep their blood lust satisfied in between the real fights!

I think it's worth making the distinction ... people that care about objectives and winning are not what I think the OP is talking about. IIRC, he's simply wanting to kill players ... as easily as possible. Hence, all the crying about mounts preventing that.

The way I read these changes and mount introduction; there isn't a problem with 1 vs. 1, as long as it's furthering the objectives of WvW for your side. I haven't hear anything that leads me to think that a guy hanging out in stealth for a lone runner is doing that. That's why I believe Anet is directing WvW this way. If people like the OP aren't getting their easy kills anymore ... it's hard to say that based on these changes, Anet gives a rats behind about it. That's where the anger comes from ... and the sensationalism ... and the untruths.

Oh and right ... let's not pretend there isn't some business motivation to do it either. Of course they are selling skins too.

Archived